I picked up a new Harmony remote on 7 October 2011. Phansson introduced it to me and since I am a gadget geek, I had to try it.Harmony Link Remote Product Page
My initial thoughts are:
- Easy to get up and running on my wi-fi network
- Easy to set up Devices
- Easy to set up Activities
- Great looking GUI on the iPad
- Turn on and off all devices in and out of my cabinet
- Quick response and no noticeable delays
- TV channel guide is on the screen for EVERY activity
- No customization of buttons
- No customization of device delays, order of devices to be turned on (haven't personally seen any issues, though)
- Cannot re-order the Activity list. As you enter them is how they are listed.
- Cannot add custom activity icons
- Cannot configure static IP address, only DHCP
Overall, I love it. I will probably be the only one who uses it, though. I will need to try it with my iPad and my wife's iPad trying to control it at the same time. See what happens. I may try with my iPad and iPhone later.
Now, a couple days later. I have having issues with it turning my Onkyo pre/pro on, off, and changing inputs consistently. I've had to add the IR extender to fix it. I am planning on trying different places for the "puck." Nothing has changed since day one so I am perplexed as to why things are not working the same.