or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › What's up with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 ???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's up with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 ??? - Page 4

post #91 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post

That is the plan to maxmize revenue.

However, given the shoddy results of Part 2's conversion, the fact that none of the movies were shot with 3-D in mind at all, and the movie's cast dissing 3D, the question is why would you want to buy said 3D versions?

That's why I'm just going to rent the 3D edition. Then, if it's worth it, I'd consider buying.
post #92 of 138
Just picked up both parts of Deathly Hallows 3D at Best Buy for $22.99 each.
post #93 of 138
I am very curious as to how good, or not good, the 3D is going to be on a home setup. Any chance it could be better than what people experienced in the theatre?
post #94 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppojoe View Post

I am very curious as to how good, or not good, the 3D is going to be on a home setup. Any chance it could be better than what people experienced in the theatre?

I didn't see the movie at the theater. I just watched it and was not impressed with the 3D. Maybe that's why it's $23. Depth was noticeable in the foreground, but everything in the background was flat. The characters appeared to me as though they were superimposed. I don't recall any stuff poking at me, but I'm fine with that. It is worth buying the 3D version if you plan on buying the movie. I had already purchased the 2D version of part 1 and have no desire to buy the 3D version of part 1 after seeing the quality of part 2.
post #95 of 138
So far haven't received any shipping info from BB. Has anyone else who ordered for delivery?
post #96 of 138
I bought part 2 3d combo.
Not a huge Potter fan but will support the format when they price it this low.
From what I read the best part of the 3d is during the finale.
I haven't watched yet.
post #97 of 138
I already own the first part of the deathly hallows (2D) , but then ended up buying the 2nd part in 3d. What I would like to see is someone who has both the 2D and 3D versions and a player/TV that can do 2D-3D conversion to compare the conversion with the 3D version Warner is selling. I'm thinking there is not going to be much difference, if any.
post #98 of 138
I bought the 3D as well. For $3 I won't have to wonder how good/bad the conversion really is. Plus, it is support for the format.
post #99 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

So far haven't received any shipping info from BB. Has anyone else who ordered for delivery?

mine has been shipped and will be at my house monday
post #100 of 138
So both part 1 and part 2 were released in 3D today, is that correct?
post #101 of 138
Quote:


So both part 1 and part 2 were released in 3D today, is that correct?

Yup.
post #102 of 138
Is there reason to believe that all the Harry potter movies will eventually be released as a full 3D set (assuming they all get converted to 3D at some point)? Or would I be better off getting them as they are released?
post #103 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmathers View Post

Is there reason to believe that all the Harry potter movies will eventually be released as a full 3D set (assuming they all get converted to 3D at some point)? Or would I be better off getting them as they are released?

It was announced over a year ago that HP films #5 and 6 would get blu-ray 3D conversions, but no release dates have been given. If Warner has secret plans for a 3D boxset, it might be a while before it is released.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ml?refCatId=13
post #104 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1 View Post

mine has been shipped and will be at my house monday

Mine should also be delivered on Monday.

I have read on another forum that Part 1 in 3D is not very good. I may watch it in 2D instead if this is the case.
post #105 of 138
I watched part 2 in 3D last night and I thought it looked very good. The 3D was very natural and it enhanced the viewing of the movie. I also saw the movie in the theaters in 3D and I thought it looked and sounded better at home on my 61" Samsung LED DLP plus HD 5.1 sound.
post #106 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1 View Post

mine has been shipped and will be at my house monday

Mine showed up today even though I never received a shipping email (does BB normally send a tracking number?). I usually order from Amazon and the times I did order from BB I did in store pick up which sent emails telling when it was ready. Just feeling lazy this time and shipping was free.

No I can't watch until next week since I have a 3D retail to watch tonight and feetsball tomorrow.
post #107 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post

I watched part 2 in 3D last night and I thought it looked very good. The 3D was very natural and it enhanced the viewing of the movie. I also saw the movie in the theaters in 3D and I thought it looked and sounded better at home on my 61" Samsung LED DLP plus HD 5.1 sound.

I agree.

I watched part 1 in 3D and thought it was bad. When I watch part 1 and 2 again, it will be part 1 in 2D and part 2 in 3D.
post #108 of 138
I watched this over the weekend and thought the 3D on part 2 was atrocious. I own 30 3D BDs and this is the worst right along with Clash of the Titans. It adds NOTHING to the experience. 3D will die if this is the best the studios can do. Thank goodness some of the other studios are doing much better with their conversions!!
post #109 of 138
I watched both movies on my 92" Mitsubishi and thought the 3D was OK in both movies with part 2 a little bit better.
post #110 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post

I watched this over the weekend and thought the 3D on part 2 was atrocious. I own 30 3D BDs and this is the worst right along with Clash of the Titans. It adds NOTHING to the experience. 3D will die if this is the best the studios can do. Thank goodness some of the other studios are doing much better with their conversions!!

Totally agree. It looks like a rushed conversion process to me (though it may not have been). It appeared that all they did was add a little depth and practically forgot about pop out or imaging objects or actors in front of the screen. And yes, I am also concerned about the future of 3D. I believe they should start advertising this type conversion process as fake 3D.
post #111 of 138
I pre-ordered both Part 1 and 2 3D and received them in the mail Monday. I'm at least a month or two from getting my 3D projector so I have buying 3D BD's ahead of time but wonder if I made a mistake with the two HP 3D's. I own Part 1 on 2D BD and I can get a mint Part 2 BD at my local Hastings store. I don't know if I should just send them back and stick with the 2D's.

Tom
post #112 of 138
This had a couple of good 3D moments.... Not saying to much for it since it is a fairly long movie.
post #113 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Monahan View Post

I pre-ordered both Part 1 and 2 3D and received them in the mail Monday. I'm at least a month or two from getting my 3D projector so I have buying 3D BD's ahead of time but wonder if I made a mistake with the two HP 3D's. I own Part 1 on 2D BD and I can get a mint Part 2 BD at my local Hastings store. I don't know if I should just send them back and stick with the 2D's.

Tom

If it were me, I would not purchase the 3D version of these movies if I already had the 2D. I woud prefer to build my 3D library with other movies. I purchased the 3D version of part 2 when it became available. It's not worth saving a few bucks for the 2D only version when it's included in the combo pack. I'm convinced the $22 price is based on the quality of 3d conversion. I don't understand the folks that think the 3D version of this movie is acceptable. Then again, on second thought, I would not purchase the 3D versions of Piranha 3D or Drive Angry. I know Drive Angry is the 3D version of Gods gift man, but I would rather buy HP than Drive Angry.
post #114 of 138
Picked up both at BB this weekend - look forward to watching!
post #115 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post

I watched this over the weekend and thought the 3D on part 2 was atrocious. I own 30 3D BDs and this is the worst right along with Clash of the Titans. It adds NOTHING to the experience. 3D will die if this is the best the studios can do. Thank goodness some of the other studios are doing much better with their conversions!!

The real question is why are they still doing these conversions? They should be shooting in 3-D. It's especailly sad to see Warner Bros doing so many conversions since they were responsible for so many of the better 3-D classic films.
post #116 of 138
The 3D for Part 2 is very inconsistent. The opening few scenes have the most ghosting I have ever seen, right up until after the title. Watch the right side of the screen in the beginning with the death eaters around the school - what is going on there? And Snape is literally fuzzy in the three shots he is in with massive borders around him. Very disappointing. I was hoping they had tweaked the 3D for Bluray, but with the amount of ghosting I don't believe they did. It's too bad, because I can tweak the parallax in my projector to fix the opening WB logo, which then looks absolutely killer, but then the rest of the movie is not watchable in 3D.
post #117 of 138
So glad I picked this up when it was on sale!


http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Harry+Po...2187655&loc=01

I bought this last week only to find out it is now $5 cheaper.
post #118 of 138
Part 2 is horribad in 3D. I love 3D, but this was just not worth it, especially after seeing Captain America in 3D.
post #119 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermr2 View Post

So glad I picked this up when it was on sale!


http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Harry+Po...2187655&loc=01

I bought this last week only to find out it is now $5 cheaper.

Just price match. You get 30 days.
post #120 of 138
I had originally said I was going to get the 3d version of this, but I ended up getting just the 2d and I have no regrets. I've never seen better blacks on my tv. It was like an abyss. Had a hard time picturing what the 3d would look like on such a dark, dark movie.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Content
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › What's up with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 ???