as of Nov, 2012
- Onkyo 7.2 TX-NR609 Receiver
- Panasonic DMPBDT110 Blu-Ray Player
- HTD Level 3 Bookshelf L/R, Level 3 Center & 12" powered Sub. In-walls for sides/surrounds
- 14 guage CL3-rated spool, speaker wall plates, hdmi & ethernet wall plates
- Panasonic AE4000U
- Custom 2.35:1 104" wide Seymour Center Stage XD DIY screen
- Black velvet screen wall
- Seating: reclining sofas with drop down cup holders
- Track lights & sconces
- Small, portable 5' x 4' riser
Remaining Items Needed
- Window treatments (Small window next to screen wall)
- Paint Trim & Doors
- Acoustic Panels
So we sold our first home after 4 years and moved on to our new (20 yr old home) last month. The basement is partially finished with a long narrow room that's a bit of an awkward size (about 9' 6" x 30'). I work from home and my office right now is at the back of the room, so I'll be walling it in to have a dedicated theater room about 20' long. I'll post a layout of it below with my plans for it.
I have never owned a projector, blu-ray player or 7.1 system (even though I own a 46" aquos & 40" bravia)... So I think I'm going to appreciate what I will own in the end and I'll be relying a lot on the AVS community to help me out along the way.
Current Basement Layout
- Note: there are ducts on the right side making the ceiling rather low which made me look in to 2.35 screens
- There is a small window that's about half exposed right near the screen wall. I will need advice on taking care of that, ideally I don't want to have to board it up. Perhaps insulate and cover with black, blackout blinds.
Hoping to get started this weekend, speakers arrive by Friday.
Edited by secondhander - 11/8/12 at 9:21am