or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Revenge' on ABC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Revenge' on ABC HD - Page 7

post #181 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by taffyrose123 View Post

Won't be back for this crap !! Daniel is by far the most boring and stupid character on the show and he lives GIMME A BREAK !! He is a freaking total IDIOT and I'm very disappointed TPTB kept him on since in tne pilot it was clearly etabled Daniel died and I don't care how much TPTB start backtracking to try whitwashing it either ..
Not interested watching idiot Daniel in a contrived court battle nor am I interested in watching a series which had tremendous potential suddenly jumping the shark and becoming riculous and pathetic ..
Not suprised Revenge lost viewers and ABC can't be happy with 2.2 demos either ..

And here I thought they had decided to keep Daniel alive because all the women liked him? You must not be like all the other girls taffy .


ron
post #182 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

As for the original pilot plot to kill Daniel, memories are tough, but I also thought his face was shown clearly enough to believe it was truly and originally planned to be him. Even in the lead-in to this episode, it really appeared to be him in the "24 hours earlier" preview. Of course, if they really psychologically manipulated the audience, you could understand how your own expectations (mine in this case) filled in the possibly vague face on the fallen character.

Even if they did show Daniel laying face down on the beach, that would NOT prove he was the one who was killed. Remember after the crowd turns Tyler over Daniel comes strolling down the beach without any memory of what happened. So, it's conceivable he too was laying on the beach for some time. Granted, he wasn't dead, but they *could* have showed us a shot of Daniel laying on the beach and then another shot of the black-gloved murderer shooting Tyler.
post #183 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

I disagree. I think that the pilot did exactly what it was supposed to do, hook us in thinking that a disastrous murder of the engaged party happened. Only it didn't. There was deliberate misdirection and ambiguity. Why not show a clear long finale shot of Daniel's dead face in the pilot and resolve ANY ambiguity if the simple intention was to kill him off? Instead they set up a season long misdirection.

Exactly! It was genius writing, and really impressive.

The one sure thing that viewers knew all season about Revenge was that Daniel would die on that beach. But, that was revealed to be a long planned illusion by the writers. The original pilot scene was very carefully crafted for the viewers to believe the exact idea that the writers wanted them to believe.

Every camera shot from the pilot doesn't directly show Daniel's face for a reason.
post #184 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

Exactly! It was genius writing, and really impressive.

The one sure thing that viewers knew all season about Revenge was that Daniel would die on that beach. But, that was revealed to be a long planned illusion by the writers. The original pilot scene was very carefully crafted for the viewers to believe the exact idea that the writers wanted them to believe.

Every camera shot from the pilot doesn't directly show Daniel's face for a reason.

The cast has said that they changed the outcome of the opening episode due to the show becoming a big hit & the writers re-thinking the plot arcs .
It's been said more than once in the last few weeks that they re-shot some of beach scenes in the opening episode on the beach to reflect the changes .

No one knew at the time that when Revenge started that the show would be a such a huge hit . So much so that more episodes were ordered than the original order ( this was way before the holidays) ,
there by extending the season( meaning more shooting , more production & adding a complete 2nd season) Plus another full compliment of shows were ordered = a another long season of new shows next year . Only then did the writing staff start adding episodes that fleshed out in more depth some of the characters,( Tyler for one, his part has been greatly expanded, he was to have been killed off way earlier this season ) .
@ the beginning Daniel was to have been shot on the beach & his father was to be on trail for his killing , that now is off the table. Wheeew !
post #185 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

The cast has said that they changed the outcome of the opening episode due to the show becoming a big hit & the writers re-thinking the plot arcs .
It's been said more than once in the last few weeks that they re-shot some of beach scenes in the opening episode on the beach to reflect the changes.

Not according to "Revenge" producers:
Quote:


When was it decided that Tyler would be dead on the beach and not Daniel?
From the very beginning: That was always the plan. Daniel was never intended to be the dead body teased in the pilot, despite the Victoria Grayson (Madeleine Stowe) screams that (very cleverly) made you think otherwise. I have known for 15 episodes that it's not Daniel, Bowen says

How did the producers trick us into thinking it was Daniel dead on the beach?
The body double they got was chosen because it fell somewhere, looks-wise, between Daniel and Tyler. Plus, the pilot episode never actually showed the face of the body laying on the beach fans just saw Victoria Grayson running to the sands screaming Daniel's name. In the pilot, too, viewers hadn't yet met Tyler. We put a darker wash in Ashton Holmes' hair, too, explains Bookstaver, of episode 15, to mask it.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/16/re...ing-questions/

Entertainment Weekly is a pretty reputable site. I would like to see links from the Producers that support your views.
post #186 of 334
I continue to get a kick out of Revenge but it makes me feel a little guilty. I love both Madeline Stowe and Emily VanCamp in their roles of the haughty Victoria Grayson and her arch nemesis, Emily Thorne. When they are duded up in designer clothes, as they usually are, they both look unbelievably sleek and expensive.

Speaking of designer clothes, when the 5'8" Van Camp is wearing heels she is at least 4 or 5 inches shorter than the guy who plays Jack, Nick Wechler; he is only 5'7" tall. Yikes!
post #187 of 334
The promo spots leading up to the episode's airing show Daniel, on his knees, falling face first toward the sand. Now, you can't tell why he was falling, whether he was shot or what ever, but it is definitely him. Lots of misdirection leading up to this episode, even using the character who was not shot to be seen falling as if he was shot. I'll post a screen shot of it later if anyone is interested.
post #188 of 334
It seems that during dark scenes on Revenge, the blacks have a reddish cast on my local ABC in St. Louis. Does anyone else notice this effect? All other programs on watch on my Panasonic 65VT30 have great, deep blacks. Revenge is the only show that I see this reddish cast, especially when the screen goes all black. During commercials, the blacks look, as normal very good. Any thoughts? Thanks
post #189 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

The promo spots leading up to the episode's airing showing Daniel, on his knees, falling face first toward the sand. Now, you can't tell why he was falling, whether he was shot or what ever, but it is definitely him. Lots of misdirection leading up to this episode, even using the character who was not shot to be seen falling as if he was shot. I'll post a screen shot of it later if anyone is interested.

I think a lot of time passed between when Tyler pulled the gun on Daniel, and when Tyler gets shot. Possibly a fistfight between them, Daniel runs off into the dark, then a third person shoots Tyler as he is alone on the beach. Something like that.

It's interesting that in both the pilot and current episodes they focus on a shot of Emily wiping sand off her hands before the body is discovered. Yes I know she buried the box, but she was also carrying a gun similar to the shooter, and she did get that text to come down to the beach.
post #190 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

The promo spots leading up to the episode's airing show Daniel, on his knees, falling face first toward the sand. Now, you can't tell why he was falling, whether he was shot or what ever, but it is definitely him. Lots of misdirection leading up to this episode, even using the character who was not shot to be seen falling as if he was shot. I'll post a screen shot of it later if anyone is interested.

I think that it will eventually be shown that Tyler knocked Daniel out, and that was why he has amnesia, and why he was shown falling forward on the beach. I really don't thnk that Tyler had any intention of killing Daniel, he wanted Emily to suffer.

I still don't get how her Sensei got/found the box? How did he know where it was? How did he get it from Tyler without his kowledge? What is he going to do with Amanda2? And, why was he back in town whout alerting Emily? She found out FROM Daniel that he was back. She looked surprised to hear that he was in town, and attending the party.

Fire and Ice Indeed!
post #191 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

Not according to "Revenge" producers:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/16/re...ing-questions/

Entertainment Weekly is a pretty reputable site. I would like to see links from the Producers that support your views.

just repeating what was said on "Entertainment Tonight" & " Extra" in videos on those news programs last week from some cast members , if you have different sources then that's all well with me . Seems that there is a lot of miss information about TV shows these days. As for re-writing history it would not be the 1st time some have done that . having alot of different conflicting reasons/facts leaked out to the press creates Buzz & Buzz gets butts in seats to watch TV shows been done before & will be done in the future as well . Not gonna argue about a Soap Opera anyway
post #192 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

I think that it will eventually be shown that Tyler knocked Daniel out, and that was why he has amnesia, and why he was shown falling forward on the beach. I really don't thnk that Tyler had any intention of killing Daniel, he wanted Emily to suffer.

That's my guess as well, he was hit in the back of the head and fell forward to the sand. They'll probably show us the full scene next week.
post #193 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

but she was also carrying a gun similar to the shooter, and she did get that text to come down to the beach.

the gun Emily put into her leg holster was smaller than the gun shown doing the shooting @ the beach ( no way to hide a large gun in her crotch with that tight dress L O L ) , Tyler had a Large chrome gun (the gun he took off Emily in the parking garage) , & the gun shown shooting @ the beach appeared to be black & large to me .I just re-watched the scenes with an eye on the different guns .

plus the fact that the body of Tyler was found @ the upper parts of the beach ,I know that the body was pulled up there & the Daniel falling was near the waters edge . A black gloved hand reaches to take the wire transfer paper work. Don't recall any of the above having black gloves on .
Lots of miss direction going on all over the place
post #194 of 334
Stripper Amanda had first had knowledge of the wire transfer and of Tyler's planned whereabouts. She's not averse to violence. When she left Jack on the boat it's likely she went so as to access the wire transfer money.

The game changer here is the sensei.
post #195 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Stripper Amanda had first had knowledge of the wire transfer and of Tyler's planned whereabouts. She's not averse to violence. When she left Jack on the boat it's likely she went so as to access the wire transfer money.

that's what I thought as well
post #196 of 334




I can't tell what he's holding in his hand, looks like the picture of Emily as the waitress maybe? Isn't that what Jack took with him from Daniel's "body"?
post #197 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

And, why was he back in town without alerting Emily? She found out FROM Daniel that he was back. She looked surprised to hear that he was in town, and attending the party.

IIRC, he told her on her porch that she was on her own. That was several weeks ago and the last time we saw him.
post #198 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

IIRC, he told her on her porch that she was on her own. That was several weeks ago and the last time we saw him.

He also strongly advised Emily not to let her emotions become involved in her revenge quest, i.e. don't get engaged to Daniel. So the question is...how much has he taken matters into his own hands?
post #199 of 334
Does anyone have thoughts on my question above regarding a reddish tint during dark scenes on Revenge? Thanks
post #200 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sabin View Post

Does anyone have thoughts on my question above regarding a reddish tint during dark scenes on Revenge? Thanks

there have been reports of reddish black tints on some Panasonic plasma displays before but that's on those threads .
I myself don't see it & I have a Sharp 60" LCD, but in all fairness I can't say anymore than what I've read in passing on displays threads that i was cruising posts looking for a new display .
post #201 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Speaking of designer clothes, when the 5'8" Van Camp is wearing heels she is at least 4 or 5 inches shorter than the guy who plays Jack, Nick Wechler; he is only 5'7" tall. Yikes!

So, it was him that I saw in another show!

I don't remember exactly which it was (I think it was It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia), but there was a guy who looked like Jack, but he was so short. I said there's no way this is the same person based on the height difference, but I guess it actually was.
post #202 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

And here I thought they had decided to keep Daniel alive because all the women liked him? You must not be like all the other girls taffy .


ron


I realize I'm in the minority but this guy does nothing for me I just don't like Daniel and never have since the start ..
I find him annoying and so his being alive in not incentative to keep me coming back for another season. If he had been killed I'd be on board for season 2 but not interested in watching another season watching him being stupid and pointless
post #203 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by taffyrose123 View Post

I realize I'm in the minority but this guy does nothing for me I just don't like Daniel and never have since the start ..
I find him annoying and so his being alive in not incentative to keep me coming back for another season. If he had been killed I'd be on board for season 2 but not interested in watching another season watching him being stupid and pointless

Hey, you never know. Maybe he gets railroaded and ends up with life in jail and you'd get to see him suffer as some hard con's cell mate


ron
post #204 of 334
I think they are staying in the hamptons through winter. I read that in an article. It is an unusual choice. I wonder how they will explain it.
post #205 of 334
I've read conflicting things about the Hamptons then I've read / seen interviews that say they move to NYC . I feel that the producers want to keep everyone guessing much like what went on with "Lost" .Seems that way to me anyway. I getting to the point that I'm not gonna read any press about the show & just be surprised by the episodes . I love the show but I'm not gonna buy-in to them setting up media Buzz.......
The acting is great, production valves are very high, the cinematography is stunning & the writing is twisted ,enthralling, concise So I'm in for the long haul
post #206 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post


So, it was him that I saw in another show!

I don't remember exactly which it was (I think it was It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia), but there was a guy who looked like Jack, but he was so short. I said there's no way this is the same person based on the height difference, but I guess it actually was.

Yes, he was in IASIP, saw that too.
post #207 of 334
And the plot thickens!

There should be some interesting scenarios forthcoming (from posters on this thread) between now and April (when the series resumes). One of my greatest questions is, "What did Emily's Japanese *friend* do to Amanda?"
post #208 of 334
Quote:


One of my greatest questions is, "What did Emily's Japanese *friend* do to Amanda?"

That was the big on that they left us with just seconds before the credits rolled. It seems that she is geting "help" from more than just Nolan. Does she want that help?

If Daniel was hit in the head hard enough to be knocked out, he wuld have a concussion, and would be in the hospital, NOT the police station. Amnesia is very common with that kind of injury, and the cops would have known this.
post #209 of 334
So - do we have to wait until April for another new episode? Can't believe how much the wife and I like this show.
post #210 of 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhall1 View Post

So - do we have to wait until April for another new episode? Can't believe how much the wife and I like this show.

March Madness.. that's why .....
gosh I hate Boring Ball ..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Revenge' on ABC HD