or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread - Page 37

post #1081 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by kron0s View Post

How much is everyone paying for this tv? I called up a local store and they told 4200 cash, no tax. Is that a good deal?

Personally, I would NOT trust any local store that quoted an item with no tax...Call your state sales tax collections bureau, and...Nah, it ain't worth it.
post #1082 of 3272
Well $4200 with no tax is not a bad price. I paid $3999 plus tax which amounts to $4238 from a big electronic retailer. The payment of sales tax is the responsibility of the retailer, and retailers, particulary auto dealers, often talk in terms of "out the door price" which includes tax, title, etc. No body seems to be concerned about the small out of state retailers that do not charge tax! I'm sure the consumer writes another check and mails it to the state which is the requirement here in the great state of Florida.
post #1083 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by oticon View Post

well $4200 with no tax is not a bad price. I paid $3999 plus tax which amounts to $4238 from a big electronic retailer. The payment of sales tax is the responsibility of the retailer, and retailers, particulary auto dealers, often talk in terms of "out the door price" which includes tax, title, etc. No body seems to be concerned about the small out of state retailers that do not charge tax! I'm sure the consumer writes another check and mails it to the state which is the requirement here in the great state of florida.

right
post #1084 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by oticon View Post

I'm sure the consumer writes another check and mails it to the state which is the requirement here in the great state of Florida.

L O L !

post #1085 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway1836 View Post

My best guess is that a 645 model later in the year will be the replacement to the 632.



http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...the-new-small/

Thank you very much!! The 2D 80" has been a big unanswered question since CES and that link finally gives real confirmation they will keep the 632 around probably through summer and then replace with a 645.
post #1086 of 3272
The rolled eyes from my wife when she first saw this beast on the wall was to be expected. Last night watching Tangled & Thor having her say she could never see watching TV on a regular sized set again was honestly not. She is finally drinking the Kool Aid.
post #1087 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by StompAWOT View Post

The rolled eyes from my wife when she first saw this beast on the wall was to be expected. Last night watching Tangled & Thor having her say she could never see watching TV on a regular sized set again was honestly not. She is finally drinking the Kool Aid.

The biggest surprise that I have had since buying this set, is having people ask if they can have their picture taken with it. It's happend 3 times !!
post #1088 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by oticon View Post

Well $4200 with no tax is not a bad price. I paid $3999 plus tax which amounts to $4238 from a big electronic retailer. The payment of sales tax is the responsibility of the retailer, and retailers, particulary auto dealers, often talk in terms of "out the door price" which includes tax, title, etc. No body seems to be concerned about the small out of state retailers that do not charge tax! I'm sure the consumer writes another check and mails it to the state which is the requirement here in the great state of Florida.

I actually talk them down to 4000 total price including tax and deliver.. I don't see the difference in buying a tv from a small or big store since there is 1 year manfacturer's warranty either way.
post #1089 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by kron0s View Post

I actually talk them down to 4000 total price including tax and deliver.. I don't see the difference in buying a tv from a small or big store since there is 1 year manfacturer's warranty either way.

I agree 100%! In fact I would much rather buy from an on line retailer. The online guy knows more about the product, answers all your quesions CORRECTLY, and in most cases will quickly replace the product immediately if there is a problem.
Having said that I bought my 80 inch from HH as they had the best price. One on line guy told me his cost on the unit was $4200, so if he is going to tell that lie I lose all confidence in him. The big retailers tend not to give you the time, know little about the product or even TV in general and want to sell you overpriced accessories and long term warranties, and ,oh yeah, charge you for delivery. I'm amazed that they sell as many units as they do but I am glad they are there, where else can we see the items we are interested in.
post #1090 of 3272
BB cost on this is $2800. There is LOTS of room on this set
post #1091 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefrocka View Post

Hey everyone, I'm a current owner of one of the dreaded Sony RPTVs that developed major optical block issues, and I'm very much considering this set.

I have read through this thread, and it appears that just about everyone is happy with this beast (with the exception of some audio sync issues...).

My question is, can you guys tell me how far you are sitting from the set? My couch is just about 12 feet away from where it will be mounted.

Also, does anyone have any strong opinions on mounting height? Is it that big of an issue to mount it a little higher than eye level?

Thanks!

My sweet spot is 10 feet away from the screen. My set is wall mounted with the lower edge 32 inches up from the floor and it is perfect when you are sitting down in my living room which has an eight foot ceiling. If you have a higher ceiling it could be mounted higher.
post #1092 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

that's not a concern as the Display IEC socket does not have a third prong soo it's not gonna be hooked up anyway

A couple of thoughts on this. You can buy power cords with a ground - and a google search can find them for you. But not having a ground hooked up means that the unit is not safe - since any problem will not result in a fault being triggered and could result in parts of the tv being hot that should not be. The other issue is insurance - any problem - fire, injury due to shorting will not be covered by the company as you violated the safety requirements by Sharp. If you are using a power source that does not use grounds then you need to get one that does.
post #1093 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

BB cost on this is $2800. There is LOTS of room on this set

Yet I guarantee they won't budge at all on price. And they wonder why so many people choose to spend their dollars online.
post #1094 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post


Yet I guarantee they won't budge at all on price. And they wonder why so many people choose to spend their dollars online.

Well my bb did ;-)
post #1095 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post

A couple of thoughts on this. You can buy power cords with a ground - and a google search can find them for you. But not having a ground hooked up means that the unit is not safe - since any problem will not result in a fault being triggered and could result in parts of the tv being hot that should not be. The other issue is insurance - any problem - fire, injury due to shorting will not be covered by the company as you violated the safety requirements by Sharp. If you are using a power source that does not use grounds then you need to get one that does.

the displays do not have a ground & are UL listed .
the IEC outlet socket on the back of the display has NO 3rd ground prong .
post #1096 of 3272
Quote:


A couple of thoughts on this. You can buy power cords with a ground - and a google search can find them for you. But not having a ground hooked up means that the unit is not safe - since any problem will not result in a fault being triggered and could result in parts of the tv being hot that should not be. The other issue is insurance - any problem - fire, injury due to shorting will not be covered by the company as you violated the safety requirements by Sharp. If you are using a power source that does not use grounds then you need to get one that does.

Audiguy, the set is shipped with a two prong power cord (IEC C17), similar to a PC cord (IEC C13), but without the third (grounding) connection. My dilemma, is/was, that I cannot find a higher gauge, longer cord with an IEC C17 connection on it so it was suggested I use the IEC C13 cable since the grounding pin isn't used anyway (which is what I did). It's either that or the original power cord with an extension cord...all for two damn feet.
post #1097 of 3272
Quote:


Well my bb did ;-)

Mine wouldn't move at all. I actually got into a bit of a pissing match with the Magnolia manager. It was more so because of his attitude though...total jerk. Long story short, they lost my business.
post #1098 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1270 View Post


Mine wouldn't move at all. I actually got into a bit of a pissing match with the Magnolia manager. It was more so because of his attitude though...total jerk. Long story short, they lost my business.

I would say mine was likely more the exception. They were doing hh gregg pm. Several are having success online in the sub 4k area
post #1099 of 3272
Quote:


Several are having success online in the sub 4k area

Oh yes, I'm one of them. Mine arrived last week...and it did happen even though I didn't post pictures!
post #1100 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

BB cost on this is $2800. There is LOTS of room on this set

?? BB current cost is 4499.00
post #1101 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron-Monk View Post


?? BB current cost is 4499.00

2800 is what it costs bb to buy it from sharp. So you can easily see the mark up for a large retailer
post #1102 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

2800 is what it costs bb to buy it from sharp. So you can easily see the mark up for a large retailer

sounds like a large markup for any retailer, given that the cheapest ive seen it go for is at least $900 over dealer cost.
post #1103 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post


2800 is what it costs bb to buy it from sharp. So you can easily see the mark up for a large retailer

You sure? Pretty sure that's how much it cost for them to buy the elite sets.
post #1104 of 3272
Wow, $2800 for even the 60" Elite is even harder to believe.
post #1105 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by FltTester View Post

Wow, $2800 for even the 60" Elite is even harder to believe.

3250 is bb cost for 60 elite
post #1106 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post


You sure? Pretty sure that's how much it cost for them to buy the elite sets.

10000 percent. 60 inch elite is 3250 cost
post #1107 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11 View Post


sounds like a large markup for any retailer, given that the cheapest ive seen it go for is at least $900 over dealer cost.

Msp and map at work
post #1108 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post


10000 percent. 60 inch elite is 3250 cost

So does clearance mean something different? The clearance price is going to end up lower this price by a few hundreds.
post #1109 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post

Yet I guarantee they won't budge at all on price. And they wonder why so many people choose to spend their dollars online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Well my bb did ;-)

BB came down in price for me and for "Suzook" as well.

For those that are not getting good prices for the 80 incher and other items at BB I have no idea what to say,,,,,, my BB's match online prices for me all the time including Amazon's pricing.

Not sure how you can "guarantee" BB wont budge on prices when clearly they do.

Cheers
Davyo
post #1110 of 3272
Ditto...my BB budged
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread