or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread - Page 73

post #2161 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Here is Suzook's settings ;Now throw those on that Puppy & Report back !!
OPC Off
Backlight +1
Contrast +28
Brightness +1
Color 0
Tint 0
Sharpness 0

Advanced Value
C.M.S. - Hue
R 0
Y +2
G -10
C -9
B 0
M +2

C.M.S. - Saturation
R 0
Y -10
G -5
C 0
B 0
M 0
C.M.S. - Value
R -2
Y -2
G +3
C -18
B +10
M -12
Color Temp. Low
R Gain (LO) +1
G Gain (LO) 0
B Gain (LO) +1
R Gain (HI) 0
G Gain (HI) 0
B Gain (HI) -8
Motion Enhancement 120Hz Lo
Active Contrast Off
Gamma Adjustment 0
Film Mode Off
DNR Off
Monochrome Off
Range of OPC NA

I've been running with Rage2's settings (slightly modified to turn off all the enhancement stuff). There are some similarities to Szooks. Has anyone compared the effects?
post #2162 of 3272
Incidentally, this set has one of the best Netflix apps I've seen yet!
post #2163 of 3272
Next thoughts.... Is it worth flashing the firmware upgrade? Will I loose any of my settings? Should I do it over the net or via USB?

I've only had one bricking experience, and that was with a WD HDD. Done it many times without mishap on other devices, this would be and ugly, ugly device to brick!!
post #2164 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaranAnthony View Post

Next thoughts.... Is it worth flashing the firmware upgrade? Will I loose any of my settings? Should I do it over the net or via USB?

I've only had one bricking experience, and that was with a WD HDD. Done it many times without mishap on other devices, this would be and ugly, ugly device to brick!!

The only change I could see after flashing the firmware is that it removes some of the TV Apps that no longer work (because the service no longer exists). You don't lose any of your settings.
I just got mine about a week ago, and it wouldn't upgrade via the network -- it said my tv was up to date.
But I went ahead and did it via USB, using the link provided earlier in this thread.
post #2165 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaranAnthony View Post

I've been running with Rage2's settings (slightly modified to turn off all the enhancement stuff). There are some similarities to Szooks. Has anyone compared the effects?

I used Rage2's settings for the first 3 or 4 months and was quite happy. After Suzook posted his, I switched over. While similair, I do like Suzook's better. One area that greatly improved is how the picture looks when there is a strong light source (like sun out the window). There's probably a term for that.

Remeber, I am not one of the techies on this site - just the girl that ALWAYS has to have the biggest screen as soon as it comes out.

I greatly appreciate all the info I learn from this thread, and especially thank Rage2 and Suzook for getting me a great picture!
post #2166 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbaueraz View Post


I used Rage2's settings for the first 3 or 4 months and was quite happy. After Suzook posted his, I switched over. While similair, I do like Suzook's better. One area that greatly improved is how the picture looks when there is a strong light source (like sun out the window). There's probably a term for that.

Remeber, I am not one of the techies on this site - just the girl that ALWAYS has to have the biggest screen as soon as it comes out.

I greatly appreciate all the info I learn from this thread, and especially thank Rage2 and Suzook for getting me a great picture!

So when are you ordering the 90 ;-)
post #2167 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbaueraz View Post

I used Rage2's settings for the first 3 or 4 months and was quite happy. After Suzook posted his, I switched over. While similair, I do like Suzook's better. One area that greatly improved is how the picture looks when there is a strong light source (like sun out the window). There's probably a term for that.

Remeber, I am not one of the techies on this site - just the girl that ALWAYS has to have the biggest screen as soon as it comes out.

I greatly appreciate all the info I learn from this thread, and especially thank Rage2 and Suzook for getting me a great picture!

The other thing at least on mine (when using kevin miller's) is, red does not show excessive digital noise. it is the only calibration that tames this. if i'm in any other mode other than movie it shows up. ex: all red shirt...
post #2168 of 3272
just thought i would remind those who are interested. it's this wknd, you can view it live.
post #2169 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbaueraz View Post

I used Rage2's settings for the first 3 or 4 months and was quite happy. After Suzook posted his, I switched over. While similair, I do like Suzook's better. One area that greatly improved is how the picture looks when there is a strong light source (like sun out the window). There's probably a term for that.

I believe it's called daytime!




















sorry, could not resist!
post #2170 of 3272
Suzook, I wondering if after seeing and reading the info on the new Sharps, would the 632 still be your first choice? Thanks
post #2171 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

Suzook, I wondering if after seeing and reading the info on the new Sharps, would the 632 still be your first choice? Thanks

So far yes. While I am still smarting from the Elite, if the issues are resolved ans the price drops a smidge the Elite would be #1 with the 632 #2
post #2172 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv4xmas View Post

I believe it's called daytime!

I MEANT on the screen, not in the room!


















sorry, could not resist!
post #2173 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgas1998 View Post

just thought i would remind those who are interested. it's this wknd, you can view it live.

Gotta link for that ???
post #2174 of 3272
Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade from my Sony Bravia 50 inch tv and I saw this one at Best Buy today. They didn't have a movie playing though, just a general promo,s o I wasn't sure if I could judge it correctly. Also, I read a cnet review that said this tv was poor compared to the sharp 70 inch. WHat is your general opinion of it? Does it look good for HD tv channels and blue ray discs? I'm not looking for the perfect tv, just something that's good qualioty for this price. What do you think? In the meantime I'm gonna try to find another store that has it. Maybe they will be playing a dvd on it. Thanks in advance!
post #2175 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by froghat View Post

Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade from my Sony Bravia 50 inch tv and I saw this one at Best Buy today. They didn't have a movie playing though, just a general promo,s o I wasn't sure if I could judge it correctly. Also, I read a cnet review that said this tv was poor compared to the sharp 70 inch. WHat is your general opinion of it? Does it look good for HD tv channels and blue ray discs? I'm not looking for the perfect tv, just something that's good qualioty for this price. What do you think? In the meantime I'm gonna try to find another store that has it. Maybe they will be playing a dvd on it. Thanks in advance!

That C/NeT review is Way Bogus

This is a GREAT Display ... I have had mine now about 3 months & I have been watching this thread for 6+ months (from the start ) Everyone is a Happy Camper who owns one .. The PQ is better than any of the 70"ers . It's a Full Back Lighted Array LED , the new 70" Sharp's are edge lit ... Big Difference ! I got mine for....... .This is a no price discussion thread I'll PM you ..
post #2176 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by froghat View Post

Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade from my Sony Bravia 50 inch tv and I saw this one at Best Buy today. They didn't have a movie playing though, just a general promo,s o I wasn't sure if I could judge it correctly. Also, I read a cnet review that said this tv was poor compared to the sharp 70 inch. WHat is your general opinion of it? Does it look good for HD tv channels and blue ray discs? I'm not looking for the perfect tv, just something that's good qualioty for this price. What do you think? In the meantime I'm gonna try to find another store that has it. Maybe they will be playing a dvd on it. Thanks in advance!

I'm only 3 days into mine and couldn't be happier. This thing kicks serious butt in a bright room and is truly gorgeous in a darkened room. NO regrets!!
post #2177 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbaueraz View Post


I used Rage2's settings for the first 3 or 4 months and was quite happy. After Suzook posted his, I switched over. While similair, I do like Suzook's better. One area that greatly improved is how the picture looks when there is a strong light source (like sun out the window). There's probably a term for that.

Remeber, I am not one of the techies on this site - just the girl that ALWAYS has to have the biggest screen as soon as it comes out.

I greatly appreciate all the info I learn from this thread, and especially thank Rage2 and Suzook for getting me a great picture!

I think I agree. I switched to Suzook's last night and like the cleaner whites. This will have to do until I recover financially enough to afford the cost of a professional calibration.
post #2178 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaranAnthony View Post


I think I agree. I switched to Suzook's last night and like the cleaner whites. This will have to do until I recover financially enough to afford the cost of a professional calibration.

;-)
post #2179 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post


;-)

:-) I do feel that Rage2's settings were a tad more dynamic and seemed to pop a but more, but the colors were a little off. Suzook, did you create yours with calibration equipment? Maybe I should hike the gamma just a touch?
post #2180 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaranAnthony View Post


:-) I do feel that Rage2's settings were a tad more dynamic and seemed to pop a but more, but the colors were a little off. Suzook, did you create yours with calibration equipment? Maybe I should hike the gamma just a touch?

I take no credit. These are from the famous Kevin Miller who did a Cal on the 632. Ymmv
post #2181 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post


I take no credit. These are from the famous Kevin Miller who did a Cal on the 632. Ymmv

Indeed, which is why each set needs to be calibrated for environment and the other AV equipment in use. That said, I'm quite happy with this as an interim solution.
post #2182 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaranAnthony View Post


Indeed, which is why each set needs to be calibrated for environment and the other AV equipment in use. That said, I'm quite happy with this as an interim solution.

Well yes of course BUT I would be willing to be most won't go the is route
post #2183 of 3272
Sears has an unbelievable deal on this TV for its midnight madness sale tonight through tomorrow morning 7:00 AM CT. Check out the pricing thread for my post on the details. Beats any internet price!
post #2184 of 3272
I have a sound bar that I would like to use with this set (just setting it horizontally on the stand), but I don't know if the sound bar is too tall and would block a small portion of the bottom of the screen.

I would be very appreciative if someone could measure the vertical distance from the bottom edge of the screen to the top of the stand for me.

Thanks for any assistance.
post #2185 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecraze View Post

i have a sound bar that i would like to use with this set (just setting it horizontally on the stand), but i don't know if the sound bar is too tall and would block a small portion of the bottom of the screen.

I would be very appreciative if someone could measure the vertical distance from the bottom edge of the screen to the top of the stand for me.

Thanks for any assistance.

~3+5/16 "
post #2186 of 3272
Anyone have one that came from a good quality Samsung? I love the pc on my samsung 60". I had the 732 70" for a few days and returned it due to sound and pic quality. If I didn't care for the 70" is this pretty much similar?
post #2187 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3chris View Post

Anyone have one that came from a good quality Samsung? I love the pc on my samsung 60". I had the 732 70" for a few days and returned it due to sound and pic quality. If I didn't care for the 70" is this pretty much similar?

I had the 632 70 and now have the 632 80. I was quite pleased wi the. PQ on the 70, but the full array on the 80 makes a big difference IMO
post #2188 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3chris View Post

Anyone have one that came from a good quality Samsung? I love the pc on my samsung 60". I had the 732 70" for a few days and returned it due to sound and pic quality. If I didn't care for the 70" is this pretty much similar?

sound quality is Never going to be high point on the Sharp line
post #2189 of 3272
is there anyway to get a youtube function on this tv

thanks in advance
post #2190 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

Well yes of course BUT I would be willing to be most won't go the is route

You need to slow down your typing a bit, buddy. And I'd be willing to bet the difference, without an A/B comparison, would not be noticeable to most viewers, therefore not worth the investment. But, hey, if it eases your videophile mind, go for it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post

I had the 632 70 and now have the 632 80. I was quite pleased wi the. PQ on the 70, but the full array on the 80 makes a big difference IMO

The 70" 632 is full array as is the 732, but the 732 is a Quattron which may explain why m3chris was not pleased with the PQ.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread