Originally Posted by TheRichster
Well...I am having problems here. Not happy. But I'm 59 yrs old and not as sharp as I used to be. I could be part of the problem.
I found a post a few pages back that had the "famous SuZook Settings". Those seem to be the standard here, so I tried to put them in.
1) I did not see anything labeled "OPC" so I dont know if its on or off.
2) Initially I set the Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Color, Tint, Sharpness to the recommended settings ( more on this in a bit)
3) I saw the Advanced settings option and went into it. I set the Hue, Saturation and Value settings to the recommended settings.
4) At this point I kinda freaked. The Color Temp was not adjustable ( It was light grey with diaganal line through a zero) The Active Contrast, Black level, Digital Noise Reduction, and Film Mode were all locked out as well
(they all were listed, but were unaccessable in light grey color with the diaganal line through a zero).
5) I was able to adjust the Motion Enhancement 120 HZ to "Low"
6) I did not see "Monochrome" or "Range of NA"
Ok..here is the killer...as you can see, I went as far as I could. Upon finishing I went back to recheck. I really freaked then because what I would call the Standard Settings (Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Color, Tint and Sharpness) were now all set to zero!
Not only were they set to zero, but the SCALES FOR THEM WERE NOW DIFFERENT! Backlight only went to plus or minus 5, Contrast only went to plus or minus 10, etc.!!!!!!
At that point I put on a source to see what it looked like. I have Comcast with numerous HD channels. The screen was way too dark. I bumped up the Backlight, Contrast and Brightness. It looked brighter, but the colors seem washed out now. Soap Opera Effect still there.
7) My son is very tech savy (he is a software engineer who also has a 55" samsung that he is always tweeking) and I put in a call to him. He is the one who explained to me what the Soap Opera Effect was before I bought this set. He will stop buy later
on during the week to help me make whatever adjustments we can.
8) I should have mentioned that I did connect the TV to the internet. It is set to upgrade the software, but to my knowlege has not done so. I am not sure where you check for the current software version. I cannot find a manufacture date anywhere on the TV.
Thanks again for any help.