or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread - Page 10

post #271 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbaueraz View Post

For those wondering, we sit about 10 feet away. We upgraded from the 65" Sharp SE. I appreciate the help from Rage2 and Billdag, as I am not as technical as most of you - just someone who likes my TV as big as I can get it.

So it doesn't look too big from 10 feet? I'm 11 feet from my TV, and can't decide between the 70 and 80 incher
post #272 of 3272
no brainer dude. go 80
post #273 of 3272
The only people that can tell you how big a TV should be for you... are you (and people you live with).

For me, an 80 would be gigantically, massively too large at 10 feet. Even a 70 would be too big at that distance, albeit just slightly. For Suzook, the 80 would be fine at 10 feet.

Is he wrong? No. Am I? Also no.

The only answer for you is your answer.
post #274 of 3272
My lip-synch issue got resolved when I added a 200 ms delay in the Sony ES receiver.

By the way, from distances of as little as 9 feet, the television looks great, and the only thing better would be something bigger.

Thanks,

Nick
post #275 of 3272
but he did say 11 feet. your fine!!!!
post #276 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladi123456 View Post

So it doesn't look too big from 10 feet? I'm 11 feet from my TV, and can't decide between the 70 and 80 incher

I was a little over 10 ft for my 70 and loved it at that distance. My 80 now sits in the same place as the 70 did. I feel no need to move the couch back. The 80 is mind blowing ! But I agree with Rogo, to each his own on distance.
post #277 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway1836 View Post


I'm was a little over 10 ft for my 70 and loved it at that distance. My 80 now sits in the same place as the 70 did. I feel no need to move the couch back. The 80 is mind blowing ! But I agree with Rogo, to each his own on distance.

you bragger :-)
post #278 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

you bragger :-)

I did notice you are keeping your little secrets !!!!
post #279 of 3272
I just don't like exchanging TVs - unless there's something wrong. I have 55HX929 right now - which will be going in the bedroom. And I really want to avoid getting one TV, and then sending it back for another one. So all feedback is appreciated as far as distance
post #280 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladi123456 View Post

I just don't like exchanging TVs - unless there's something wrong. I have 55HX929 right now - which will be going in the bedroom. And I really want to avoid getting one TV, and then sending it back for another one. So all feedback is appreciated as far as distance

I say go big! It is personal though- some like to sit in the front of the theater, others in the back. Why don't you just bring a tape measure to the store that sells the T.V. and measure your actual viewing distance?
post #281 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsMovies View Post

I say go big! It is personal though- some like to sit in the front of the theater, others in the back. Why don't you just bring a tape measure to the store that sells the T.V. and measure your actual viewing distance?

There's angle of view and visual acuity to consider. I go with the latter. If you have normal 20-20 vision then about 10-1/2 Ft. is the correct distance for an 80" TV showing 1080P. At that distance you can JUST see all the detail that is there. Another words, it's as sharp as reality. If you sit closer, the picture will get gradually softer. If you sit further back, say 16 Ft. you are not seeing all the detail that is there. In fact, at 16Ft. you can't tell the difference between 720P and 1080P.
I had a 55" set previously and I sat about 7 Ft back. The angle of view with my new 80" set at 10.5 Ft. is virtually the same. I have MAYBE one foot further I can move back if I need to but I think I'm basically maxed out size-wise (not a bad problem to have).
Bought a new mount today which I'll put up on the week-end. It's a Sanus VMDD26b. It's built like a tank (weighs 60 Lbs.) It's got everything including Tilt, swivel,extend up to 25", and rotate +/-6 degrees. Quite a difference from the one I bought from Monoprice, but then again, it cost a lot more. JR Electronics in NY has about the best price.
http://www.jr.com/product/productLis...sp?Ntt=vmdd26b
Use FS100 at checkout for free shipping!

I'll let everyone know how that one works out.
post #282 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

So you were able to calibrate with test patterns and the tv resolved the full range from 0-255?

I have an LE632 and cannot get it to resolve full range RGB via HDMI, even when using the GAME or PC modes and my PC directly connected.

I was thinking there might be some trick to it, like the Samsungs where a renaming of the mode/input is required.

I'm sure the VGA input is full range RGB as that is the spec but I don't want to go that route as the image is degraded vs. HDMI.

Thank You,
Jason

Hmm I meant I got an image. I'll do the test patterns on Friday when my buddy Kevin and I will calibrate this awesome set.
post #283 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahn Yuki View Post

Hmm I meant I got an image. I'll do the test patterns on Friday when my buddy Kevin and I will calibrate this awesome set.

Oh, hehe. Thanks!

Jason
post #284 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhabittv View Post

I must have missed it, where are the setting that Rage2 posted?

They are on Post 150
post #285 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladi123456 View Post

So it doesn't look too big from 10 feet? I'm 11 feet from my TV, and can't decide between the 70 and 80 incher

Its WAY bigger than our 65 inch, but as they say, it's personal preference. When we first got it, I did think it was a bit big, but now I am LOVING IT! I don't think we'd go larger in our room however..
post #286 of 3272
90 would be the max I could fit in my house and not be embarrased to have guests over ;-)
post #287 of 3272
I broke down and ordered mine today. It is supposed to be delivered on Saturday
post #288 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdag View Post

There's angle of view and visual acuity to consider. I go with the latter. If you have normal 20-20 vision then about 10-1/2 Ft. is the correct distance for an 80" TV showing 1080P. At that distance you can JUST see all the detail that is there. Another words, it's as sharp as reality. If you sit closer, the picture will get gradually softer. If you sit further back, say 16 Ft. you are not seeing all the detail that is there. In fact, at 16Ft. you can't tell the difference between 720P and 1080P.
I had a 55" set previously and I sat about 7 Ft back. The angle of view with my new 80" set at 10.5 Ft. is virtually the same. I have MAYBE one foot further I can move back if I need to but I think I'm basically maxed out size-wise (not a bad problem to have).
Bought a new mount today which I'll put up on the week-end. It's a Sanus VMDD26b. It's built like a tank (weighs 60 Lbs.) It's got everything including Tilt, swivel,extend up to 25", and rotate +/-6 degrees. Quite a difference from the one I bought from Monoprice, but then again, it cost a lot more. JR Electronics in NY has about the best price.
http://www.jr.com/product/productLis...sp?Ntt=vmdd26b
Use FS100 at checkout for free shipping!

I'll let everyone know how that one works out.

I am really looking forward to hearing how this mount turns out. My TV is being delivered Friday and I am looking for a good swivel type mount. I found one for 50 bucks less, but am concerned it may not be as durable. It's max weight is 130 and the TV weighs 122.4. Here it is:

http://www.wayfair.com/Equamount-Art...L-EQM1009.html

Let me know what you guys think of this mount. I like it but am concerned it may not be strong enough. Thanks.
post #289 of 3272
I am also looking for a nice entertainment center to place underneath it for my cable box, receiver, PS3, HTPC, etc.

I found one on overstock.com that I kind of like, but I'm worried about having enough room for all my electronics. Take a look and tell me what you think.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...tml?rcmndsrc=2

Also, I would really appreciate any input from anyone who has found a nice one they like for this size TV. Any links and recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks!
post #290 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhabittv View Post

I broke down and ordered mine today. It is supposed to be delivered on Saturday

Congrats !!!
post #291 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by malone76 View Post

I am really looking forward to hearing how this mount turns out. My TV is being delivered Friday and I am looking for a good swivel type mount. I found one for 50 bucks less, but am concerned it may not be as durable. It's max weight is 130 and the TV weighs 122.4. Here it is:

http://www.wayfair.com/Equamount-Art...L-EQM1009.html

Let me know what you guys think of this mount. I like it but am concerned it may not be strong enough. Thanks.

I am responding to this from my living room on my Sharp 80" set and HTPC hooked up to it. I just finished installing my new Sanus VMDD26B bracket about an hour ago. Easy install and really well engineered. Holds the set - no problem. I really think you could hang about 500 Lbs of this thing and it would hold it. The bracket you are considering looks pretty weak to me. Only one arm that looks almost identical to the Monoprice bracket I tried (except it had 2 arms). I am almost certain you will be very disappointed with that bracket. It's a little early to give a full report on the Sanus bracket but so far I am REALLY impressed with it. The angle setting part, in particular, is really well thought out and executed. They say you get what you pay for but in this case I think I got a lot more!!
post #292 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdag View Post

There's angle of view and visual acuity to consider. I go with the latter. If you have normal 20-20 vision then about 10-1/2 Ft. is the correct distance for an 80" TV showing 1080P. At that distance you can JUST see all the detail that is there. Another words, it's as sharp as reality. If you sit closer, the picture will get gradually softer. If you sit further back, say 16 Ft. you are not seeing all the detail that is there. In fact, at 16Ft. you can't tell the difference between 720P and 1080P.
I had a 55" set previously and I sat about 7 Ft back. The angle of view with my new 80" set at 10.5 Ft. is virtually the same. I have MAYBE one foot further I can move back if I need to but I think I'm basically maxed out size-wise (not a bad problem to have).
Bought a new mount today which I'll put up on the week-end. It's a Sanus VMDD26b. It's built like a tank (weighs 60 Lbs.) It's got everything including Tilt, swivel,extend up to 25", and rotate +/-6 degrees. Quite a difference from the one I bought from Monoprice, but then again, it cost a lot more. JR Electronics in NY has about the best price.
http://www.jr.com/product/productLis...sp?Ntt=vmdd26b
Use FS100 at checkout for free shipping!

I'll let everyone know how that one works out.

Did you consider the Monoprice model 6517 wall mount? If so, I would be interested in why you rejected that one? The 6517 specs...

PID
SPECIFICATIONS 6517
Model # MHA-72
Type Articulating
Minimum VESA 400 x 400
Maximum VESA 850 x 750
Maximum Weight 300 lbs
Minimum Req. Display Size 52"
Maximum Req. Display Size 72"
Minimum Extension 5"
Maximum Extension 30"
Tilt Range 15 degrees
Swivel Range 180 degrees
Construction Steel
Color Black
Wall Plate Dimensions 18.5" x 11.25"
Front Plate Dimensions 33.6"*31.5"
Built In Level No
Cable Management Yes
Notes:

Cost: $99.98+ SHIPPING from CA.


The 12 user reviews look good to me.

(For orders to Monoprice, please click on the Monoprice logo at the top of all the AVS Forum pages, so this forum gets the gold star!)
post #293 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv4xmas View Post

Did you consider the Monoprice model 6517 wall mount? If so, I would be interested in why you rejected that one? The 6517 specs...

PID
SPECIFICATIONS 6517
Model # MHA-72
Type Articulating
Minimum VESA 400 x 400
Maximum VESA 850 x 750
Maximum Weight 300 lbs
Minimum Req. Display Size 52"
Maximum Req. Display Size 72"
Minimum Extension 5"
Maximum Extension 30"
Tilt Range 15 degrees
Swivel Range 180 degrees
Construction Steel
Color Black
Wall Plate Dimensions 18.5" x 11.25"
Front Plate Dimensions 33.6"*31.5"
Built In Level No
Cable Management Yes
Notes:

Cost: $99.98+ SHIPPING from CA.


The 12 user reviews look good to me.

(For orders to Monoprice, please click on the Monoprice logo at the top of all the AVS Forum pages, so this forum gets the gold star!)

In hindsight, that is probably the one I should have tried first. It looks a lot stronger than the 8588 I bought. My only real concerns with the 6517 model are that it is also only designed for 16" wall stud spacing and perhaps the tilt mechanism (VERY insecure with the 8588). I'm still glad I spent a few extra dollars on the Sanus. After trying the cheaper model, I can really appreciate the engineering and build quality of the Sanus VMDD26b (built for up to 24" wall studs).
I wonder how much this bracket weighs. It looks quite heavy.The Sanus one weighs over 60#.
post #294 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdag View Post

In hindsight, that is probably the one I should have tried first. It looks a lot stronger than the 8588 I bought. My only real concerns with the 6517 model are that it is also only designed for 16" wall stud spacing and perhaps the tilt mechanism (VERY insecure with the 8588). I'm still glad I spent a few extra dollars on the Sanus. After trying the cheaper model, I can really appreciate the engineering and build quality of the Sanus VMDD26b (built for up to 24" wall studs).
I wonder how much this bracket weighs. It looks quite heavy.The Sanus one weighs over 60#.

Peerless makes on that could hold a tank. I had my 6010 on it and it handled it without even breaking a sweat
post #295 of 3272
...because I'm a plasma bigot/zealot, and will only get a plasma...I've been looking at upgrading my 58" Sammy to a 64/65" Sammy or Panny.

Then I saw this at BB...

80"...

Then I read this thread...

80"...

Now I want this panel...

80"...

But it costs way more then I would spend on the plasma, and over what I want to spend...

80"...

But it's...80"...and looked great at BB...

80"...

As I said, this panel SUCKS!!!
post #296 of 3272
post #297 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahn Yuki View Post

Hmm I meant I got an image. I'll do the test patterns on Friday when my buddy Kevin and I will calibrate this awesome set.

Let us know how it goes - I'd be happy to test any settings and let you know how consistent the TV's are!!
post #298 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by malone76 View Post

I am also looking for a nice entertainment center to place underneath it for my cable box, receiver, PS3, HTPC, etc.

I found one on overstock.com that I kind of like, but I'm worried about having enough room for all my electronics. Take a look and tell me what you think.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...tml?rcmndsrc=2

Also, I would really appreciate any input from anyone who has found a nice one they like for this size TV. Any links and recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks!

This is the one I use, although I'm certain I paid significantly less for it. Very nice. http://www.smartfurniture.com/produc...tt=299&cid=583

So I looked and found it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BDI-AVION-89...item3a6bd7285c

Thanks,

Nick
post #299 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltaz View Post

...because I'm a plasma bigot/zealot, and will only get a plasma...I've been looking at upgrading my 58" Sammy to a 64/65" Sammy or Panny.

Then I saw this at BB...

80"...

Then I read this thread...

80"...

Now I want this panel...

80"...

But it costs way more then I would spend on the plasma, and over what I want to spend...

80"...

But it's...80"...and looked great at BB...

80"...

As I said, this panel SUCKS!!!

in case you were wondering it's 80"
post #300 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdag View Post

There's angle of view and visual acuity to consider. I go with the latter. If you have normal 20-20 vision then about 10-1/2 Ft. is the correct distance for an 80" TV showing 1080P. At that distance you can JUST see all the detail that is there. Another words, it's as sharp as reality. If you sit closer, the picture will get gradually softer. If you sit further back, say 16 Ft. you are not seeing all the detail that is there. In fact, at 16Ft. you can't tell the difference between 720P and 1080P.

All this is true when one knows that the 1080p system is designed for the viewing distance 3-4xH where H is the picture height. Viewing 80" display from 10,5 ft is closer to 3xH so surely all the detail and sharpness is there. HOWEVER, one should also remember that in such condition the content viewed must be immaculately pristine. Any blemish will be revealed, any corner cut will be annoying. This in particular puts question mark if broadcast TV content can be then fully enjoyed. Thus, one would think the 3H is rather a home cinema arrangement for top quality BRays. Those who think about usage as TV should think about 4H as the minimum.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread