or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread - Page 94

post #2791 of 3272
Sorry, duplicate post.
post #2792 of 3272
[quote name="War Eagle CT" url="/t/1363281/official-sharp-aquos-lc-80le632u-owners-thread/2760#post_22751180
I just pulled the trigger on this set!! I went to Best Buy, and while they would not match East Coast TV, they did match J&R, who has the set on sale for $3699.99.
[/quote]

Congrats! Glad you found a deal you could live with.
post #2793 of 3272
Looks great! I'll be sure to post pics when mine arrives on Jan 9th!

And Beerme--thanks! I paid slightly more than I wanted to, but the way I see it, that's the price I must pay to throw a killer Superbowl party! smile.gif
post #2794 of 3272
I picked up a 633 model at Costco on Xmas eve. It's replacing a 60" 720p Sony WEGA. All I can say is WOW!! I have it connected to a Bell 9242 PVR, PS3, Boxee Box, Toshiba HD-DVD via a Pioneer VSX 9120TXH-K receiver. I have tried some of the settings posted here but I will eventually get around to doing my own calibration using my DVE bluray disc. It has taken me a week just to get through this thread! I noticed something that hasn't been mentioned and I am curious as to why Sharp offers optional 3D glasses for this model. I thought this set was 2D only!
post #2795 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data_Dan View Post

I noticed something that hasn't been mentioned and I am curious as to why Sharp offers optional 3D glasses for this model. I thought this set was 2D only!
Sharp is well known to post incorrect info on their spec sheets L O L rolleyes.gif
post #2796 of 3272
Just picked this up from Costco Canada on Boxing day it is the 633 but appaently the same from what I read on here. Also picked up a mount from Sanus and some cables from monoprice also. Worried that the TV will be here before the cables and I will just have to stare at the box. Any advice what to do when it is delivered. Turn it on look for cracks take pictures, etc. Anyother pointers to look at when it is delivered?
post #2797 of 3272
When my set was delivered, I removed the top of the box and the plastic protective covering. Plugged the set in and powered it up to make sure it worked.

I looked over the screen and cabinet with a flashlight for problems and that was it.

As prep for delivery, it is probably a good idea to have a pair of scissors handy to cut the straps that hold the box together; an extension cord to be able to plug the set in - wherever it sits; and a good working flashlight.

Mine came without a mark on the box, which was a good sign.

The delivery guy knew the vendor required that the set be inspected upon delivery, so he did not try to rush things.

Overall, took about 10 minutes once the set was in the house.

All has been good since the un-boxing.
post #2798 of 3272
I've had my set for almost 4 weeks and it's been a really nice purchase ! It's replacing a Mitsubishi 65909 that finally gave up the ghost after 9 years.

I'm watching Looper and it looks and sounds great ! Total Recall(2012) was also fun.


I'm looking forward to revisiting a lot of movies I haven't seen in a while.



Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and Happy New year !
post #2799 of 3272
So is this great sharp replacement warranty that I have read about earlier in this thread available to residents in Canada that have bought the set in Canada.
post #2800 of 3272
Today my wife and I looked at the Costco version of this set -- 80LE633U. The television person told us that the set can be transported lying flat, as well as "kitty cornered"(upright, but at an angle), in order to get it to fit into a vehicle. He said that everything in the TV is plastic, unlike LCDs with glass-covered panels.

We live only about 3 miles from Costco and the road is paved and pretty smooth. I think the box would fit into the back of a friend's GMC Safari either lying flat or almost certainly upright, but at an angle.

Do you think what the sales person said was true?
post #2801 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herve View Post

Today my wife and I looked at the Costco version of this set -- 80LE633U. The television person told us that the set can be transported lying flat, as well as "kitty cornered"(upright, but at an angle), in order to get it to fit into a vehicle. He said that everything in the TV is plastic, unlike LCDs with glass-covered panels.
We live only about 3 miles from Costco and the road is paved and pretty smooth. I think the box would fit into the back of a friend's GMC Safari either lying flat or almost certainly upright, but at an angle.
Do you think what the sales person said was true?

On the box I think it states that you have to keep these upright.
post #2802 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herve View Post

Today my wife and I looked at the Costco version of this set -- 80LE633U. The television person told us that the set can be transported lying flat, as well as "kitty cornered"(upright, but at an angle), in order to get it to fit into a vehicle. He said that everything in the TV is plastic, unlike LCDs with glass-covered panels.
We live only about 3 miles from Costco and the road is paved and pretty smooth. I think the box would fit into the back of a friend's GMC Safari either lying flat or almost certainly upright, but at an angle.
Do you think what the sales person said was true?
NO !

these displays will not tolerate any laying flat OR at a angle that is a huge THIN panel of glass . .
slight vibrations (even when driving slow) will cause the panel to flex up & down . which start tiny stress fractures that grow with each up / down of the panel . then a complete panel glass failure . Ever seen those glass installers trucks with the custom made beds that hold the glass panel upright @ a very slight angle ? there's a reason for that . Glass panels are only strong when on edge
Think about it that's over $3,000 in a risk of breaking the display , that will make the warranty null & void .Do you really want to take that bet ? Over having the display delivered .
with a delivery all the risk is on the trucking company , if they break it even bringing the display in the house your off the hook for the replacement costs they eat them not you .

yeah there are guys who did get them home but you risk further problems with clouding by not handling the display correctly .
I M H O It's just not worth the risk to save a few bucks smile.gif
post #2803 of 3272
I plan on mounting this with the Sanus VMPL3. The question I have is when I attach the TV to the mounting arms can you use different holes in the arms to have the TV sit higher or lower. As an example if the mounting bracket is lag bolted on the wall and in the future I want to lower or Raise the TV a couple of inches can I do it by just moving the TV up and down in the different holes on the arms and not having to take the plate off the wall and re lag bolt it up or down. Thanks?
post #2804 of 3272
I was able to transport my 70 inch in the back of a small Toyota pick up. When I bought the 80, I thought it was just too big. So I had it delivered,
post #2805 of 3272
So I have been doing my research for a while now and have come down to either the 844 or 632/633. However, I am looking for some opinions from those who own them. The 3D is not really important to me so would the 632/633 be good enough? I am just not sure if the 844 with the 240HZ is worth the extra $. I do watch a lot of sports and just want the make sure the 120HZ on the 632/633 will be adequate. So if anyone has any opinions on which way I should go please let me hear them. Thanks in advance!!
post #2806 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVT View Post

So I have been doing my research for a while now and have come down to either the 844 or 632/633. However, I am looking for some opinions from those who own them. The 3D is not really important to me so would the 632/633 be good enough? I am just not sure if the 844 with the 240HZ is worth the extra $. I do watch a lot of sports and just want the make sure the 120HZ on the 632/633 will be adequate. So if anyone has any opinions on which way I should go please let me hear them. Thanks in advance!!
I watch a huge amount of sports on my 632 & never have a motion problem in baseball, football , golf , tennis
Mine is set @ 120 low as well
post #2807 of 3272
What does changing it to 120 high do?

My set comes in on Wednesday... this wait is excruciating! I'm so excited!!
post #2808 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle CT View Post

What does changing it to 120 high do?
My set comes in on Wednesday... this wait is excruciating! I'm so excited!!
I get a double ball effect & the "glowing ball" effect & 120 high adds to the SOE
post #2809 of 3272
65" mitsi wd-65732, which continues to be a great unit, going to my son and granddaughters. This one arrives tomorrow. BB matched J&R.
post #2810 of 3272
What wall mount is everyone using?
post #2811 of 3272
Best Buy is including this mount with their installation.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sanus+-+Tilting+Wall+Mount+for+Most+37%22+-+90%22+Flat-Panel+TVs+-+Black/5689073.p?id=1218685673865&skuId=5689073

Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with BB's installations?
post #2812 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpivovar View Post

So is this great sharp replacement warranty that I have read about earlier in this thread available to residents in Canada that have bought the set in Canada.
I couldn't find it when I bought my set last year in the Vancouver BC area. I would have bought it at the price shown in this forum although I seldom buy additional warranty (especially not from places like BB). I found the Sharp Canada site to be a confusing place to visit and information hard to find. Great set though and at least I have the second year covered by my Costco Amex.
post #2813 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I watch a huge amount of sports on my 632 & never have a motion problem in baseball, football , golf , tennis
Mine is set @ 120 low as well
Occasionally in Golf, you will see a double ball when it's in flight. doesn't happen all that often but once you've seen it it's hard to miss.
post #2814 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle CT View Post

Best Buy is including this mount with their installation.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sanus+-+Tilting+Wall+Mount+for+Most+37%22+-+90%22+Flat-Panel+TVs+-+Black/5689073.p?id=1218685673865&skuId=5689073
Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with BB's installations?


Thank you, so at least an option exists. Howeever, I would LOVE if someone had a recommendation from Monoprice.....

Thanks in advance.
post #2815 of 3272
I'm not sure where, but I know somewhere in this thread people bought mounts from monoprice and they were fine. If I remember correctly, don't pay as much attention to the size ( ie. 32"-70") than the max weight load.

Someone else may want to verify this for me, though. This is the first TV I've ever had mounted.
post #2816 of 3272
If you can use a plain, non tilt, non articulating mount the 5918 for $14 cant be beat.
post #2817 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle CT View Post

I'm not sure where, but I know somewhere in this thread people bought mounts from monoprice and they were fine. If I remember correctly, don't pay as much attention to the size ( ie. 32"-70") than the max weight load.
Someone else may want to verify this for me, though. This is the first TV I've ever had mounted.
there been a couple guys who got that mount from MonoPrice , thought it was too flimsy & a got Sanus
these are large displays & the shear size puts a lot of torque that will cause flexing .
do you really want a to put a expensive item on a cheap mount ? rolleyes.gif
post #2818 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacbeth View Post

65" mitsi wd-65732, which continues to be a great unit, going to my son and granddaughters. This one arrives tomorrow. BB matched J&R.

Set is beautiful. Using Suzook settings with some minor adjustments to suit my taste. "have red hue at +8 and red saturation at -12" posted my someone, and brightness at +5.which helps my eye with skin tones.. This is on cable, will see if I like with other inputs.
post #2819 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

these are large displays & the shear size puts a lot of torque that will cause flexing do you really want a to put a expensive item on a cheap mount ? rolleyes.gif
I have purchased and installed several wall mounts from Monoprice. They were inexpensive, but NOT cheap.
post #2820 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

there been a couple guys who got that mount from MonoPrice , thought it was too flimsy & a got Sanus
these are large displays & the shear size puts a lot of torque that will cause flexing .
do you really want a to put a expensive item on a cheap mount ? rolleyes.gif

I agree 100%.
I bought a Sanus for $129.00
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread