or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread - Page 98

post #2911 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle CT View Post

Just put these in and let me tell you I LOVE IT!

Thanks!!

I just tried these and they look stunning...good eye
post #2912 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasm View Post

With the new Smart TV's software coming out in the 2013 series, what are the chances that we will be able to get a real broswer for the 632 via a firmware update?
i doubt that will happen. Have you thought about hooking up a pc with a wireless mouse and keyboard? I have a browser in my 847 that I've used once - it's a pain to navigate using the remote.
post #2913 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasm View Post

With the new Smart TV's software coming out in the 2013 series, what are the chances that we will be able to get a real broswer for the 632 via a firmware update?
I use my HTPC as streamer , works Great Alot of streams PQ is fantasic
post #2914 of 3272
will the settings for "film" input be different from the "standard" input settings previously posted.


jrgo43
"
post #2915 of 3272
How do I fix month syncing? I've noticed it a little on my 33u and my mom keeps complaining. My Dads samsung has the option, but dont see it on this tv. Hmmmm.... any help?
post #2916 of 3272
I had to fix audio sync issues with my reciever (I do not use the tvs spearker)
post #2917 of 3272
Can anyone speak intelligently about Game mode - does it really have reduced delay/lag compared to Movie mode?
post #2918 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkd View Post

Can anyone speak intelligently about Game mode - does it really have reduced delay/lag compared to Movie mode?
Huge difference. I have an HTPC hooked up to mine and if it's not in game mode the mouse lag is intolerable. You can't miss it.
post #2919 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdag View Post

Huge difference. I have an HTPC hooked up to mine and if it's not in game mode the mouse lag is intolerable. You can't miss it.
Weird ? ? you have your 632 in game mode when using a PC ? , I never used game mode & my mouse is dead on synced with my HTPC , my touch pad as well . thisz thing works so well I gave up my office PC because by a single push of a remote button I swap between bluRay,direcTV,PC all in the same mode on my 632 , Hell I check email between commercials during a football game smile.gif
post #2920 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdag View Post

Huge difference. I have an HTPC hooked up to mine and if it's not in game mode the mouse lag is intolerable. You can't miss it.

Indeed, this is something I have verified on the 60, 70 and 80.

Those that do not notice simply have not compared directly, if you are not sensitive to it then having a fast pc monitor in duplicate mode will help you see the difference (it's there).

Of course this is mostly a non-issue for those that do not game on their connected pc's. wink.gif

Jason
post #2921 of 3272
OK, thanks. Now I need to find (or come up) with some good picture settings for Game mode as Halo 4 looked a little odd last night.....

Kev
post #2922 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Weird ? ? you have your 632 in game mode when using a PC ? , I never used game mode & my mouse is dead on synced with my HTPC , my touch pad as well . thisz thing works so well I gave up my office PC because by a single push of a remote button I swap between bluRay,direcTV,PC all in the same mode on my 632 , Hell I check email between commercials during a football game smile.gif
Sure, you can use any setting you want and it's OK. But.........if you're gaming, it is very frustrating. I notice the lag immediately, even when just moving the cursor around on the desktop. It seems like about a 1/4 sec. delay. This is on ALL settings except GAME. The PC mode has the same lag and it doesn't matter what your advanced settings are. I turned all mine off in Standard mode and it made no difference.
Maybe you're just a Slo-Mo kind of guy who isn't bothered by it. Lucky for you.
Bottom line - if you're playing an FPS on this set, and you're not in GAME mode, you're not gonna last long.
post #2923 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by billdag View Post

Sure, you can use any setting you want and it's OK. But.........if you're gaming, it is very frustrating. I notice the lag immediately, even when just moving the cursor around on the desktop. It seems like about a 1/4 sec. delay. This is on ALL settings except GAME. The PC mode has the same lag and it doesn't matter what your advanced settings are. I turned all mine off in Standard mode and it made no difference.
Maybe you're just a Slo-Mo kind of guy who isn't bothered by it. Lucky for you.
Bottom line - if you're playing an FPS on this set, and you're not in GAME mode, you're not gonna last long.
Not trying to start a argument , but I've built gamer PC rigs for the last 12 years for clients & I know what mouse lag looks like , not saying I don't get lag in a game of FPS on the current non game mode I use BUT I do not get any lag at all on my mouse in W7 desktop wink.gif
I also Do Not get the stutter you say you have & Yes I know what stutter looks like as well .
It's not my 1st Rodeo
I will do a list of my current settings on my PC , AVR , Sharp 632 also how the signal chain of path is done . so you can see what I have going . give me some time to get all that done . smile.gif
post #2924 of 3272
So... it's just game mode that has the sync issues?
post #2925 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post

So... it's just game mode that has the sync issues?

I have no sync issues you guys describe...........
post #2926 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post

So... it's just game mode that has the sync issues?


I'm running all inputs through my reciever and I have sync issues on all modes. My audio was arriving early. I had to implement a 200ms delay via the reciever - I did this for the CBL box input and Blu ray input on my receiver. I did not implement any such delay for the Game input as I only use that for XBOX and want no so such delays (since during games I'm not usually watching someone speak, its impossible to detect that the audio is not perfectly in sync).

I may continue to tweak things though - only had the set for one week.



Anyone have TV settings they recommend for Xbox (with TV in Game mode)?
post #2927 of 3272
Not great - but at this size, you're likely to connect to a receiver/amp anyway or one of the powered Bose/JBL type of sound-bar devices. If it's you watching it late at night and want to keep volume DOWN, it's adequate.
post #2928 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by usr5000 View Post

I have no sync issues you guys describe...........
It's not actually a sync issue. It's a lag issue. Another words, if you move your mouse on the desktop screen you will see the cursor following shortly after. Pretty hard to miss. On my set all modes have lag except for GAME.
post #2929 of 3272
I was surfing around on my laptop yesterday and came across an older C-Net review of this set. I'm shaking my head at Ty Pendlebury's repeated comments about the 80-632U's poor black level. What has he been smoking? I watch my set with subdued lighting in Standard mode with back-lighting at -5 and to my eyes, the blacks are VERY satisfying, certainly, by far, the best of any of my previous 9 non-local dimming sets. NOT EVEN CLOSE!
Anyway, they posted their settings (using Spectra-Cal and professional equipment) in MOVIE mode so I printed them out and set my TV to the same settings. Thusly, I was able to quickly switch between my custom Standard mode and C-Net's Movie mode. Bouncing back and forth for about 1/2 Hour, I finally decided that there was no contest. C-Net's settings looked pale and washed out compared to mine. Despite my much lower back-light level, my settings had far more POP and more saturated color than C-Net's. I have to check with my watt meter whether they are comparable in different modes. They are. I just checked.
My settings Standard Mode @ -5 BL=112W
C-Net's Movie Mode @ +5=167W
If I reduced the Movie Mode to -5 then it also showed 112W. Makes sense. Fixed Dynamic, by the way = 240W. There is a price to be paid for all that brightness!

I am curious how close C-Net's settings are to those of you who had their sets professionally calibrated? Without giving away too much detail (unless you want to - I know it's a sensitive subject), your feedback would be appreciated.
Other 80-632U owners - You may want to try these yourself and form your own opinion. These settings will NOT affect your settings in other MODES like Game or Standard etc.
Here are C-Nets settings:

AV MODE: MOVIE
OPC: Off
Backlight: +6
Contrast: +28
Brightness: +1
Color: 0
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

--Advanced sub-menu

C.M.S. -Hue
R: -5
Y: 0+2
G: 0
C: -8
B: 0
M: +2

C.M.S. -Saturation
R: 0
Y: 0
G: 0
C: -4
B: -2
M: 0

C.M.S. -Value
R: 0
Y: 0
G: +8
C: -15
B: +14
M: -14

Color Temp: Low
R Gain (LO): +4
G Gain (LO): -7
B Gain (LO): -10
R Gain (HI): -10
G Gain (HI): -14
B Gain (HI): -22

Motion Enhancement: Off
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: +2
Black Level: [grayed out]
Film Mode: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
Range of OPC: [any]
Edited by billdag - 1/26/13 at 11:52am
post #2930 of 3272
Hi Bill - very timely post. Literally just yesterday I took the time to compare Suzook's settings vs. someone's recommended Standard settings (from this thread above) vs. CNET's settings that you have posted. I actually preferred the CNET settings while watching basketball. I then made just a few minor tweaks to brightness, contrast, color, and tint based on the Disney WOW Blu Ray and it seems pretty damn good (watched Battle: Los Angeles on BR last night).

So, I guess this either means that:
1) different strokes for different folks, or
2) the sets have noteable variability, or
3) I don't appreciate a good picture (though I do have professionally calibrated plasmas in the house so I think I have a critical eye but am far from an expert)

Anyway, can you post your settings? I will try them and compare and report back.




Kev
post #2931 of 3272
As I reported several months ago, Chad B calibrated my set and the improvements were and still are very noticeable. The CNet settings aren't even close.
Chad lives in Ohio, worth making a connection.
post #2932 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwt View Post

As I reported several months ago, Chad B calibrated my set and the improvements were and still are very noticeable. The CNet settings aren't even close.
Chad lives in Ohio, worth making a connection.
That's what I hoped to hear. I know Chad doesn't like using excessive + settings.
It's obvious C-Net doesn't like Sharp much. Probably comes down to $$$$$$$
post #2933 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkd View Post

Hi Bill - very timely post. Literally just yesterday I took the time to compare Suzook's settings vs. someone's recommended Standard settings (from this thread above) vs. CNET's settings that you have posted. I actually preferred the CNET settings while watching basketball. I then made just a few minor tweaks to brightness, contrast, color, and tint based on the Disney WOW Blu Ray and it seems pretty damn good (watched Battle: Los Angeles on BR last night).

So, I guess this either means that:
1) different strokes for different folks, or
2) the sets have noteable variability, or
3) I don't appreciate a good picture (though I do have professionally calibrated plasmas in the house so I think I have a critical eye but am far from an expert)

Anyway, can you post your settings? I will try them and compare and report back.




Kev
Sure - happy to oblige. Please keep in mind the following:
(1) I tend to like a brighter cooler picture than the standard 6500K Movie mode. I have tried calibrating my set with Spectra-Cal, iScan Duo CMS, and X-Rite i1 sensor but didn't like the muted display much.
(2) I am purposely allowing a slight bit of white crush by raising the contrast over +31 (which seldom, if ever, shows up in actual content) to allow me to lower the Back-light a couple of clicks further while maintaining desired brightness and reducing the black floor level. I'm just experimenting with this now but the Black level is VERY satisfying with this setting.
(3) I'm a tinkerer so I play with my settings quite a bit.
(4) Don't use Cable Programming to judge your settings. I find they are all over the map depending on content/channel/type.

billdag settings:

AV MODE: STANDARD
OPC: Off
Backlight: -5 (WAS -2)
Contrast: +34 (WAS +31)
Brightness: +1
Color: 0
Tint: 0
Sharpness: +1

--Advanced sub-menu

C.M.S. -Hue
R: +4
Y: 0
G: 0
C: 0
B: 0
M: 0

C.M.S. -Saturation
R: -6
Y: -6
G: 0
C: 0
B: 0
M: 0

C.M.S. -Value
R: 0
Y: 0
G: 0
C: -0
B: 0
M: 0

Color Temp: MID-Low
R Gain (LO): 0
G Gain (LO):0
B Gain (LO): 0
R Gain (HI): -2
G Gain (HI): 0
B Gain (HI): 0

Motion Enhancement: 120HZ HIGH OR OFF (I TURN IT OFF FOR SPORTS)
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: +1
Black Level: [grayed out]
Film Mode: STD (AVOIDS IRREGULAR 3/2 JUDDER WHILE MAINTAINING 24 FPS) OR ADV. HIGH - DEPENDING ON FILM TYPE. I like smoothing but Sharp's interpolated frames can sometimes make a real mess of it.
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
Range of OPC: [any]
post #2934 of 3272
Bill - Your settings look great, thank you!
post #2935 of 3272
I finally pulled the trigger today. I went with the 844 from East Coast for less than 4k. I'm so looking forward to getting this thing mounted up to replace my 60" LG we've had for the last 5 yrs. It really is crazy that this set is considerably less than we paid for that LG 60" ~5 yrs ago.

--wes
post #2936 of 3272
I'd like to know how the East Coast experience was.

I spoke with them a couple of weeks ago....
post #2937 of 3272
All I've done thus far was order it. I haven't actually dealt with anyone yet. I received an order confirmation right away. I'll report back once I have some interaction with them. How was your conversation with them ??

--wes
post #2938 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmanz View Post

All I've done thus far was order it. I haven't actually dealt with anyone yet. I received an order confirmation right away. I'll report back once I have some interaction with them. How was your conversation with them ??

--wes

The conversation went very well, but....

There is an insurance fee that you will be charged. He said between 1.5% and 2%.

He swore that the unit was in stock and that it would ship immediately. I've read of people being told that and it not happening.

He was very polite, but was certainly trying to get me to purchase right then. He told me the price was ready to jump up. It has since gone down.

I told him that I wanted to know everything up front before I purchased.

I am not afraid to take a chance. If I buy from them, I will document the conversations and expect there to be hassles.

They don't want bad reviews on Reseller Ratings. I think they manufacture some of those ratings themselves BTW.

Best of luck. Expect a call from them.

Jack
post #2939 of 3272
Looks like Best Buy has one of the biggest sales so far on this set. I don't think I've seen them have it this low before.
post #2940 of 3272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacbellguy View Post

Looks like Best Buy has one of the biggest sales so far on this set. I don't think I've seen them have it this low before.

Thank you, purchased from Best Buy on Dec 29, called, receive $200+ credit for price match.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U Owners Thread