Originally Posted by Fastslappy
Cool update us willya ??
Im no pro reviewer, so I will just give my personal pro's and con's.
- HUGE. I sit about 10 feet away and this size is just perfect. Simply epic.
- Bright. All my previous panels were plasmas, so this was quite the experience seeing this puppy light up. Whites are stunning.
- Colors. Looked great with plenty of pop and wow factor.
- Sharpness. Crisp and detailed with no visible DSE. I get that "pristine picture quality" of a quality HDTV with the sheer size approaching that of a projector. Best of both worlds.
- Black Levels. Coming from an all plasma background, the black levels were underwhelming.
- Motion. Again, coming from an all plasma background, Im not a big fan of how LCD's handle motion. Lots of bluriness (yes, the noise setting is off).
- Uniformity. Some clouding on certain sections of the panel. Only noticeable with a majority black screen (NOT noticeable when there is a 100% black signal, as the screen shuts off).
This is the first time I went through a local dealer with an easy and up-front return policy as, being my first LCD, this was largely experimental. Even with the cons listed above, I am HAPPY and I am keeping it.