Thank you for taking the time to read this...
I have what I think is an HDMI handshake issue as well as another issue
- HTPCHDMI output via a Saphire Raedon HD 4670 graphics card
Windows 7, 64-bit
- Pioneer SC-35
- Philips 47-7403D LCD
My troubles all started with the new Pioneer receiver. They are:
- Audio drop out
After I have turned off my TV and receiver, upon turning them back on (HTPC is always on) my speaker icon on my display has an "x." Windows can never "resolve the issue" and when I view "playback devices windows tells me that my HDMI device is not plugged in!"
- As of now my only fix is to either restart the HTPC (always works), put my computer to sleep and the wake it up (always works) or "switch user" (this sometimes works, perhaps because I have no user to switch too.
Before I had my monitor set to 1080P, 60Hz (native resolution, not forced, and my old receiver was OK with that. Now I must set my refresh rate to 50Hz (not native refresh rate) so that the screen is displayed correctly.
- Setting the monitor to 60Hz results in my desktop being shifted left on the monitor. If I try to compensate for that by adjusting the horizontal shift through my TV
- my desktop never reaches the right border on the screen
- on the left hand side, where the last inch of desktop should be displayed I see a green vertical bar (that is, as I shift the screen right, I simultaneously uncover not the missing left part of my desktop, rather a green band that covers the bottom left corner to about the windows icon
I have tried:
- to use MON info, with no luck but I am willing to try again if I am doing something wrong.
- To update my realtek and catalyst (I can try again or revert to whatever if you think it will help)
Thank you for your time.