Originally Posted by mbsohio
1. I have a 5.1 speaker set up.
4. I have tried many settings but continue to have this problem. I currently am using the auto setting.
5. I did the calibration a year ago. Should I try it again?
Like I mentioned, all t. Shows, commercials, etc work great. It's just football games that have this problem.
What is showing on your AVR display when you watch football?
Is you directv box set to output Dolby Digital?
1. Click Menu on your Directv remote
2. Go to Parental, Fav's & Setup
3. Select System Setup
4. Select Audio
5. Select Dolby Digital
6. Make sure Dolby Digital is ON.
I've never had a problem with the announcers audio being overwhelmed by surround noises.