Been having a read through the last few pages of this thread and decided to sign up to ask you guys for your opinion
Been after a media player device like this for a while, and being a student, this seems like a great buy. Been using XBMC on a laptop temporarily, but can't really keep that setup going.
Have all media on external USB drives and other than basic free streaming services (Youtube etc) I have no real need for anything else. Got a few questions numbered below.
1. How ideal is this for my purpose?
2. Is the only other suitable option an Apple TV? Is there any device in the price range I could get XMBC on? (excluding Apple TV, I undertand XBMC is a no go for this device)
3. How acceptable is the interface/library setup compared to XMBC?
4. What are peoples setup regarding new files? Does this auto generate info/cover arts for files? How do you transfer new files onto the drives connected to it? (having to disconnect the drive and connect it to a PC seems a hassle, or do people tend to use network drives?)
5. Related to Q4, do you use renamer programs anywhere along the line?
A BIG thanks to anyone who can offer any advice here, the questions above have been some I've had floating around my head for a while. Certainly a newbie to this sort of setup, but one I've always wanted.