I am not watchin all of these. But I did a quick survey of "creepy classics" on Blu-ray, and was surprised what I found (and also a bit disappointed by a few things I didn't find). I believe all of these "classics" are available on Blu-ray now...
ALIEN INTRUDERS & SPACEY SPECTERS
Some good stuff here, but also some noteworthy omissions, including George Pal's original War of the Worlds, The Thing From ANother World, Mario Bava'a Planet of the Vampires, First Spaceship on Venus (aka Silent Star), and Lifeforce.
- Alien - Nice BD xfer.
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind - BD needs work.
- Event Horizon
- Forbidden Planet - Nice BD xfer.
- Independence Day
- Invasion of the Bodysnatchers (1956)
- Robinson Crusoe on Mars
- Stargate - There are two different Region-A Blu-ray transfers available. The 15th Anniversay edition (blue cover) is the darker/contrastier (and arguably better) of the two. If you prefer brighter transfers, then the older Extended Cut (gold cover) may also be worth a look.
- Total Recall - Bright, but nice BD xfer on the new Mind-Bending edition.
- War of the Worlds (2005 Cruise version)
BLOOD-THIRSTY BLOKES & TOOTHY TERRORS
A few noteworthy ones missing here are Salem's Lot (1979), and Dracula (1979) with Frank Langella.
- Black Sunday (1960, Barbara Steele)
- Bram Stoker's Dracula - Detail could be better on this BD.
- Fright Night (1985, Twilight Time Limited Edition, region free) - Limited to 3000 discs, currently selling for ~$250 on Amazon.
- From Dusk Till Dawn - Nice BD xfer.
- Interview with a Vampire
- The Lost Boys
- Near Dark
- Nosferatu (1922 silent, Region B)
Escape from NY/LA
- The Fog (1980, multi-region import)
- Ghosts of Mars
- They Live!
- The Thing (1982)
See the Harryhausen section below for more big beasties.
- The Deep
- Godzilla/Gojira - There are two versions of this for Region-A: Godzilla (Criterion), and Gojira (Classic Media). Haven't seen either one yet, so not sure which is best.
- King Kong (1933)
- Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959, Twilight Time Limited Edition, region A/B) - Limited to 3000 discs.
- Jurassic Park
A few good things here, but also some noteworthy omissions including the original Ghost Breakers with Bob Hope, Arsenic & Old Lace, Bell, Book & Candle, Ghost & Mrs. Muir, High Spirits, I Married a Witch, Lewis's Nutty Professor, and the other Abbott & Costello films.
- Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein
- Blithe Spirit - In Criterion's "David Lean Directs Noel Coward" collection.
- The Frighteners
- Ghostbusters - Nice BD xfer.
- High Anxiety
- Little Shop of Horrors - Both versions appear to be available on BD.
- Young Frankenstein - Nice (grainy) BD xfer.
The Keep is still unavailable on DVD or BD.
- Devil's Advocate
- Jeepers Creepers
- Legend - Theatrical cut has bad EE and unnatural looking color. Director's cut is more contrasty, but passable, with more natural looking color.
- The Ninth Gate - BD xfer needs work.
Several Argento and Bava titles are available on BD (too many for me to keep track of really), as well as other "EuroShock" and Amicus-like productions featuring Petey Cushing and Chris Lee, including the following ones. A couple others I'd like to see on BD are It! (aka Curse of the Golem) with Roddy MacDowall, and Dr. Terror's House of Horrors.
- The Blood Beast Terror
- Horror Express
- The Skull
FRIGHTFUL FOOLS & CAMPY CRAZIES
- Dead Calm
- Dressed to Kill
- The Most Dangerous Game
- Secret Beyond the Door
- The Shining
A noteworthy omission here is Robert Wise's original 1963 The Haunting.
- Amityville Horror
- The Entity
- Nightmare on Elm Street
- Phantom of the Opera (1925, Silent, Lon Chaney Sr.)
- Sleepy Hollow
Most of the more well-known Hammer titles (Horror of Dracula, The Mummy, etc.) are still unavailable on BD. But there are a few lesser known classics available for Region A or B. I haven't had the opportunity to look at any of these yet, but more opinions and info can be found here.
- The Man Who Could Cheat Death
- Plague of the Zombies (Region B)
- Quatermass & the Pit (Region B) - Aka Five Million Miles to Earth (and one of my favorite "vintage" SF/Horror classics). This is actually the third in a series of "Quatermass" films produced by Hammer, based on similarly-titled British TV serials, which are available on Region 2/Pal DVD.
- Twins of Evil
- Vampire Circus
- Clash of the Titans (1981)
- Earth Vs. the Flying Saucers
- It Came from Beneath the Sea
- Jason & the Argonauts - Nice BD xfer.
- Mysterious Island (1961, Twilight Time Limited Edition, region free) - Limited to 3000 discs.
- 7th Voyage of Sinbad
- 20 Million Miles to Earth
HORRIBLE HOUNDS & SHADY SHAPESHIFTERS
Looks like neither version of Cat People is available on BD yet. Nor is I Was a Teenage Werewolf, or the original The Howling.
- American Werewolf in London - Some noticeable EE in this xfer which enhances the graininess in the image, and produces some visible ringing on high contrast edges. Color and contrast are ok. Definitely some room for improvement on this title though.
- Beauty & the Beast (1946, aka La Belle et la Bete) - The Cocteau classic, probably in French with subs I'm guessin.
- Dog Soldiers
- Hound of the Baskervilles (1939) - In The Complete Sherlock Holmes collection starring Basil Rathbone.
- Island of Lost Souls
In addition to the titles below, a collection of 15 Hitch films is being released on October 30th.
- Dial M for Murder (3D)
- North by Northwest
- Strangers on a Train
- The 39 Steps
- To Catch a Thief
MINOR MIDNITE MASTERPIECES
*cricket*... Regettably it appears none of the films in the Midnite Movie series are available on BD yet. This includes Corman's "Poe" pictures and the AIP/Amicus Burroughs films and horror anthologies, among many others. Sony/MGM and Fox homevid need to get busy on this!
- Dante's Peak
- Twister - Pretty good BD xfer. Detail is a tad soft.
ROWDY ROBOTS & MENACING MACHINES
- Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
- Futureworld (1976, multi-region import) - Sequel to Westworld, which doesn't seem to be out on BD yet.
- Logan's Run - Nice BD xfer.
- Metropolis (1927, silent)
- The Terminator
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Altered States
- Hollow Man
- Mary Shelly's Frankenstein
- Project X (1968, William Castle)
Some pretty good stuff in this category. Another I'd like to see added is Disney's The Black Cauldron.
- The Corpse Bride
- Fire and Ice (1983, Bakshi)
- Heavy Metal - Nice BD xfer.
- It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! - Nice video on the BD, but sound is showing it's age.
- Lord of the Rings - Pretty good BD xfer.
- Mad Monster Party?
- Monster House
- Nightmare Before Xmas
- Secret of NIMH
- Sleeping Beauty - Nice BD xfer
- Wizards - Nice BD xfer.
UNIVERSAL CREATURE FEATURES
- Universal Classic Monster Collection - includes all the classic Uni monsters.
Edited by ADU - 11/10/12 at 4:37pm
- Night of the Living Dead (1968)
- The Omega Man