or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Grimm' on NBC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Grimm' on NBC HD - Page 23

post #661 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper57 View Post

he also played a chinese mobster in the movie safe with jason statham

And did an excellent job ..
post #662 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

My impression too.
He seems to be something seperate, but somehow aligned with or related to a Grimm?
And he's protecting Nick....confused.gif

I get the impression that he's not protecting Nick as much as he's using Nick to keep the key and coins safe until he can use them and occasionally that means protecting Nick.
post #663 of 1502
Thread Starter 
Thank GRIMM it's Friday @ 9pm!!!!!
post #664 of 1502
Thanks for the reminder; I forgot that it was moving back to the old time slot.
post #665 of 1502
Wasn't that crazy about this ep. The previews for next week seem interesting. Juliette suddenly gets her memory back? Captain has some involvement with her? One thing I note is that the assassins sent after Nick are pretty pathetic.
post #666 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

One thing I note is that the assassins sent after Nick are pretty pathetic.
Grimms DO kick wesen arse, which is why they are so feared in the first place.
Also, Nick's skills are increasing as he becomes more experienced (to be expected).wink.gif
post #667 of 1502
Well, I'm not sure what the writer's were going for with the Wesen assassin...wiki says:

The Nuckelavee (or Nuckalavee) is a creature from Orcadian folklore.

The name is a corruption of the Orcadian name "knoggelvi", which in turn seems to be a variant of the "Nokk" or kelpie, and is thus related to the Icelandic Nykur. [1]

A creature from Northern folklore, the Nuckelavee is the most horrible of all the Scottish elves. He lives mainly in the sea, but was also held responsible for ruined crops, epidemics, and drought. His breath could wilt the crops and sicken the livestock.[2]

The Nuckelavee resembles a centaur whose legs are part fin; he has an enormous gaping mouth and a single giant eye, which burns with a red flame. Some sources, such as Katharine Mary Briggs' Abbey Lubbers, Banshees, and Boggarts, describe him as having both a horse's head and a human head and torso, the latter growing out of his back.

Arguably the most gruesome detail of the Nuckelavee's appearance is the fact that he has no skin. Black blood courses through yellow veins, and the pale sinews and powerful muscles are visible as a pulsating mass. The Nuckelavee has an aversion to running water, and those who are chased by him have only to cross a stream to be rid of him.[2] Some reports claim that he is simply a very large head on two small arms, with all of the other characteristics mentioned above.

Another phobia that the Nuckelavee suffers from is the burning of seaweed to create soda ash, called kelp locally.[3] Enraged, he starts on a wild rampage of plague, killing cattle and many other creatures, and bringing bad crops. At this time, the only person to stop him is the Mither o' the Sea, another ancient divine being in Orkney mythology.

[edit] See also
post #668 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Grimms DO kick wesen arse, which is why they are so feared in the first place.
Also, Nick's skills are increasing as he becomes more experienced (to be expected).wink.gif

That's why you might expect a gun or rifle assassination rather than showing up and getting their arse kicked constantly.
post #669 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Wasn't that crazy about this ep. The previews for next week seem interesting. Juliette suddenly gets her memory back? Captain has some involvement with her?

This episode definitely wasn't worth the month-long wait. They just went back to a "case of the week" format, which isn't good enough after they gave us a taste of how much better the show could be with a serialised story. I have a bad feeling that the predictions of Juliette falling for the captain because of his hocus pocus on her are going to be true, based on the look she was giving him in the preview. Here's hoping it was only a case of manipulative editing, and she just gets her memory of Nick back by meeting the captain, or something.
post #670 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Wasn't that crazy about this ep. The previews for next week seem interesting. Juliette suddenly gets her memory back? Captain has some involvement with her?

This episode definitely wasn't worth the month-long wait.

Month long wait? The last new episode was a whole three weeks ago. rolleyes.gif
post #671 of 1502
Would you have been happier if I had said, "It wasn't worth the fortnight-and-a-half wait," instead? rolleyes.gif
post #672 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

That's why you might expect a gun or rifle assassination rather than showing up and getting their arse kicked constantly.
I actually thought to make just that point, but I was afraid of getting shouted down for being a nerd.biggrin.gif
post #673 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I actually thought to make just that point, but I was afraid of getting shouted down for being a nerd.biggrin.gif

Anyone who posts in this forum already has some portion of nerd juice in them. tongue.gif Don't be afraid of the obvious.
post #674 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

That's why you might expect a gun or rifle assassination rather than showing up and getting their arse kicked constantly.
His mom would probably pop up behind the guy and break his neck.
post #675 of 1502
This week's episode was much better. Despite the fact that Juliette apparently is going to get her memory back next week, it seems she's also going after the captain. Ugh. Let's hope they get her un-spellified and in the loop like Hank soon.
post #676 of 1502
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

This week's episode was much better. Despite the fact that Juliette apparently is going to get her memory back next week, it seems she's also going after the captain. Ugh. Let's hope they get her un-spellified and in the loop like Hank soon.

Totally agree. The memory thing is good for only a couple of episodes then it becomes old. Good episode this show gets better and better!
post #677 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

. The memory thing is good for only a couple of episodes then it becomes old. Good episode this show gets better and better!
+1

I am still waiting to find out EXACTLY how the Captain is connected to Grimms and wesen.
That is the big mystery in the show now.

Oh, and it's great we will be seeing more Bree Turner soon....tongue.gif
post #678 of 1502
Well it's pretty clear that the Captain is a "Royal" and the blonde lady that came is also Royal, she wanted to get Monroe killed to set a message that nobody messes with them..

Well hopefuly the captain will get her to confess of why she was here and deal with the Grimm situation differently...
post #679 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Well it's pretty clear that the Captain is a "Royal" and the blonde lady that came is also Royal, she wanted to get Monroe killed to set a message that nobody messes with them..
Well hopefuly the captain will get her to confess of why she was here and deal with the Grimm situation differently...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Well it's pretty clear that the Captain is a "Royal" and the blonde lady that came is also Royal, she wanted to get Monroe killed to set a message that nobody messes with them..
Well hopefuly the captain will get her to confess of why she was here and deal with the Grimm situation differently...
OK, but exactly WHAT is a Royal?
post #680 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

OK, but exactly WHAT is a Royal?


A baseball player in Kansas City.
post #681 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

A baseball player in Kansas City.
OK, smarty-pants....biggrin.gif
post #682 of 1502
Maybe you need to reaid the Grimm Wiki a litte bit more:

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Sean_Renard

"Renard is a member of one of the Royal Seven Houses"
post #683 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argee View Post

A baseball player in Kansas City.

That's a slam on real baseball players. biggrin.gif
post #684 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

"Renard is a member of one of the Royal Seven Houses"
Was it ever stated during an episode?confused.gif
post #685 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Was it ever stated during an episode?confused.gif
I own the S1 Blu-Ray set and I just watched all of S1. I'm pretty sure it's intimated he's a Royal in at least one of the episodes- in at least one of the deleted/extended scenes it's stated explicitly. I thought the whole point of needing him to wake Juliet was because he was a Royal?
post #686 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

I thought the whole point of needing him to wake Juliet was because he was a Royal?

That's correct. He just had to drink the heart purification glop first, because they don't make princes like they used to...
post #687 of 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

That's correct. He just had to drink the heart purification glop first, because they don't make princes like they used to...

biggrin.gif and I do believe there was a brief, quick mention of him being a Royal last year but I don't remember the epi.
post #688 of 1502
ARRGH! They used that stupid dream sequence bit tonight and ruined what I though was an ending to the stupidest storyline on the show.
post #689 of 1502
Thread Starter 
Yeah I agree with the dream sequences - they don't bring anything to the table. Glad Nick has Hank to share the load, I think this dynamic will enhance the relationship and better the show. Monroe was a hoot as usual!
post #690 of 1502
The only reason they do those is so they can do misleading episode prievews to get people to watch upcoming episodes. Apparently all the predictions about the stupid Juliette/Renard fling are going to come true. Let's hope Nick can just kill Adalind for good to make this all go away, or something. rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Grimm' on NBC HD