or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Grimm' on NBC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Grimm' on NBC HD - Page 31

post #901 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Purified of what?

I'm thining Pure of Heart. So rare these days you need a potion to do it.
So to break the spell not true loves first kiss, But a kiss from a pure heart.
post #902 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesCat View Post

Chances of Grimm getting canceled are about 1 in a hundred. Even being on Friday, I saw a graphic where it's the third or fourth highest rated show on NBC.
It's at least partially produced by Universal Television(NBC/Comcast) and it's distributed in over 25 countries so it's got that going for it as well.
post #903 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Nick needed to be "Purified" for the same reason Cappie did. Now, what that reason was, I have no idea. And, if memory serves, there was no mention of purification when he was headed to the hospital when she was in the coma. So, why now?

I think the writers better be careful. While I really like this show, it will piss me off if the start to violate the internal logic they've established.

The whole purification was done so the captain could wake up his wife, he had to do it to save her. They clearly showed this/explained it.
post #904 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Purified of what?

They explained it back then what it meant to be purified and how painful it was. Can't recall but she ir purged him of something.
post #905 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Yes we do, they clearly said there were only two ways to undo the connection between the captain and his wife. The first was they needed the original instrument that caused it, which was the cat and they showed, in recaps, how the cat was killed so they could not use it. The only other way was for Nick to do the same process as the captain did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

They explained it back then what it meant to be purified and how painful it was. Can't recall but she ir purged him of something.

This is why I say we don't know why he's doing the purification process again: Juliet is already awake, so it's not like he needs to wake her up a second time. Breaking Juliet out of her coma required her to get kissed by Prince Charming, and since none of the royals has a pure heart anymore, Renard had to go through an artificial, chemically induced process to purify himself into "Prince Charming" status. Nick isn't a royal, so he couldn't take the purification process to wake Juliet up then, and we don't know why he's taking it now, either. Perhaps he will just kiss her after he's purified to counteract the effects of Renard's kiss, but we don't know for sure that's how it works. Monroe never told us what the second step is, except that it involves "all three of them".
post #906 of 1508
As I recall, Jake didn't have the slightest idea that a Prince Charming would have been able to awaken Juliet. The Captain knew it would work because he knew (in more than one sense wink.gif ) the hexenbeasts and what had been done.
post #907 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Nick and Cap will go herd sheep on Brokeback Mtn. Juliet will become a Grimm and poor Monroe will get dumped by Rosalee due to potion radiation poisoning.

LOL

And then in a murderous rage over being dumped, Monroe changes into wolf form, eats Rosalee alive and then commits suicide by shooting himself with a silver bullet. biggrin.gif
post #908 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post


This is why I say we don't know why he's doing the purification process again: Juliet is already awake, so it's not like he needs to wake her up a second time. Breaking Juliet out of her coma required her to get kissed by Prince Charming, and since none of the royals has a pure heart anymore, Renard had to go through an artificial, chemically induced process to purify himself into "Prince Charming" status. Nick isn't a royal, so he couldn't take the purification process to wake Juliet up then, and we don't know why he's taking it now, either. Perhaps he will just kiss her after he's purified to counteract the effects of Renard's kiss, but we don't know for sure that's how it works. Monroe never told us what the second step is, except that it involves "all three of them".

I guess I don't understand your confusion. Nick could of taken the purificiation test originally, it had nothing to do with the captain being a royal. It was the captain threatening the hexen beast because he didn't want the Grim's wife to die because of the effect on Nick, he did it so Nick wouldn't know what was happening and his wife would wake up. The lady said since they don't have the cat this is the only way to remove the caps hold on his wife. They are not doing it to wake her up again, but to have Nick and the wife bond the same way as the cap so they can break it since the cat is dead. The purification process is the first step to making them bond on that physical level.
post #909 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestir View Post

Good episode, Monroe had some great lines. Glad to see Rosalee back.
Was it just me or did every other scene involve someone getting a phone call? .

That is when you take a drink:p
post #910 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

LOL

And then in a murderous rage over being dumped, Monroe changes into wolf form, eats Rosalee alive and then commits suicide by shooting himself with a silver bullet. biggrin.gif
I'm beginning to worry about you....tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay1952 View Post

That is when you take a drink:p
LOL, Grimm as a drinking game....I like it.biggrin.gif
post #911 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post


This is why I say we don't know why he's doing the purification process again: Juliet is already awake, so it's not like he needs to wake her up a second time. Breaking Juliet out of her coma required her to get kissed by Prince Charming, and since none of the royals has a pure heart anymore, Renard had to go through an artificial, chemically induced process to purify himself into "Prince Charming" status. Nick isn't a royal, so he couldn't take the purification process to wake Juliet up then, and we don't know why he's taking it now, either. Perhaps he will just kiss her after he's purified to counteract the effects of Renard's kiss, but we don't know for sure that's how it works. Monroe never told us what the second step is, except that it involves "all three of them".

I guess I don't understand your confusion. Nick could of taken the purificiation test originally, it had nothing to do with the captain being a royal. It was the captain threatening the hexen beast because he didn't want the Grim's wife to die because of the effect on Nick, he did it so Nick wouldn't know what was happening and his wife would wake up. The lady said since they don't have the cat this is the only way to remove the caps hold on his wife. They are not doing it to wake her up again, but to have Nick and the wife bond the same way as the cap so they can break it since the cat is dead. The purification process is the first step to making them bond on that physical level.

First, Juliet is not his wife. They are not married. If you remember last year, he made a big deal out of porposing, and she turned him down because of all the secrets. Second, I believe it was made pretty clear that yes, it DID require a roylal to wake her up, but fixing the coma had an unintended side effect, the destructive passion between the two. Now they have to deal with THAT.
post #912 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay1952 View Post

That is when you take a drink:p

lol, now you're talkin'! I'd of been hammered 20mins into the show I'm sure.
post #913 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestir View Post

lol, now you're talkin'! I'd of been hammered 20mins into the show I'm sure.
Nothing wrong with that.....tongue.gif
post #914 of 1508
well it was an awesome episode to get back to business, I was too bored on Fridays for a long time, not even "Touch" did it for me..

I admire how Adalin can look so smoking hot after spending the night in jail (or was it more nights?)
post #915 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I admire how Adalin can look so smoking hot after spending the night in jail (or was it more nights?)
DON'T get me started on her...I'll just embarrass myself (again).biggrin.gif
post #916 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

.....I was too bored on Fridays for a long time, not even "Touch" did it for me..

...

That's odd, when I'm bored on Fridays, touch normally does it for me. Then I'll watch some TV.
post #917 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post


Monroe never told us what the second step is, except that it involves "all three of them".

menage a trois?
post #918 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestir View Post

That's odd, when I'm bored on Fridays, touch normally does it for me. Then I'll watch some TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

menage a trois?
This thread has suddenly turned naughty...biggrin.gif
post #919 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post


This thread has suddenly turned naughty...biggrin.gif

....and you're thinking about it, aren't you wink.gif
post #920 of 1508
Wow. I feel like I just watched a very good episode of Angel. Grimm has come roaring back with guns a blazin..
Edited by lonwolf615 - 3/15/13 at 11:21pm
post #921 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Wow. I feel like I just watched a very good episode of Angel. Grimm has come roaring back with guns a blazin..
I didn't put it all together at the time I watched it, but you're right...tonite's episode did have an Angel "vibe" to it.smile.gif
post #922 of 1508
Hey Juliette,

Ever think of breaking the window that you were sitting next to while figuring out what to do next? What's the spirit up to? "I just want you to know the truth"! eek.gif
post #923 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

Hey Juliette,

Ever think of breaking the window that you were sitting next to while figuring out what to do next? What's the spirit up to? "I just want you to know the truth"! eek.gif
Yeah, that whole Juliette sequence better have some explanation that makes some sort of sense. I'm hoping it's along the lines of a spell or dream trance thing induced by the spell removal at the spice shop. One reason I think that is the case is that the timeline is all wrong, there appeared to be 2 days while Nick and the gang are running around Portland chasing bad guys while Juliette's ordeal looked to last only 1 night, and as you note, she doesn't bother to call out, or break a window? The filling in of the floor as she walked toward the phone is the strongest indicator that this is all happening in her head, which could also explain why she didn't use the phone, or break a window.
post #924 of 1508
Under the spell her reality was she was in love with Renard and didn't know Nick. The counter spell is reformating that reality-tearing it apart and reforming it to the way it was. Hopefully.
post #925 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Under the spell her reality was she was in love with Renard and didn't know Nick. The counter spell is reformating that reality-tearing it apart and reforming it to the way it was. Hopefully.
Yep, the great gapping hole represents her life with Nick, that's his voice coming up at the end. She's regaininng her memories and probably feelings for Nick (I suppose).
post #926 of 1508

Hopefully SOON.  I did not like the solo scenes with Juliette, and didn't care much for the group scenes where actors seemed to be standing around watching other actors say their lines, lol.  But it's progress that the team is coming together.  The Grimm trailer is starting to become crowded.  Seriously, it's time to move the trailer contents to a vault.  Maybe the abyss at Nick's house would do.  It doesn't have to stay as hallucination, it could become his batcave.  And then we wouldn't have to worry about somebody pulling the key off Grimm's chain. 

post #927 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Yeah, that whole Juliette sequence better have some explanation that makes some sort of sense. I'm hoping it's along the lines of a spell or dream trance thing induced by the spell removal at the spice shop. One reason I think that is the case is that the timeline is all wrong, there appeared to be 2 days while Nick and the gang are running around Portland chasing bad guys while Juliette's ordeal looked to last only 1 night, and as you note, she doesn't bother to call out, or break a window? The filling in of the floor as she walked toward the phone is the strongest indicator that this is all happening in her head, which could also explain why she didn't use the phone, or break a window.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingRat View Post

  Seriously, it's time to move the trailer contents to a vault.  Maybe the abyss at Nick's house would do.  It doesn't have to stay as hallucination, it could become his batcave.  And then we wouldn't have to worry about somebody pulling the key off Grimm's chain. 
That would be interesting.
A batcave only Juliet could open and close?wink.gif
post #928 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Under the spell her reality was she was in love with Renard and didn't know Nick. The counter spell is reformating that reality-tearing it apart and reforming it to the way it was. Hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Yep, the great gapping hole represents her life with Nick, that's his voice coming up at the end. She's regaininng her memories and probably feelings for Nick (I suppose).

It's always nice to have some insightful folks like you guys around, sounds like you've nailed it! smile.gif
post #929 of 1508
I guess i was OK with everyone calling in DeGroot and having "Jack Ruby" assassinate the rogues. But, I was kind of hoping that the Captain would order Nick to do his Grimm thing and go do the dirty himself since it would have been more interesting from a character development angle. Or better yet both the Captain and Nick do the deed together.

Did we really need more loose threads, in the form of DeGroot and the council, at this time. It seems to me that we already have enough loose threads for now...
post #930 of 1508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

I guess i was OK with everyone calling in DeGroot and having "Jack Ruby" assassinate the rogues. But, I was kind of hoping that the Captain would order Nick to do his Grimm thing and go do the dirty himself since it would have been more interesting from a character development angle. Or better yet both the Captain and Nick do the deed together.

Did we really need more loose threads, in the form of DeGroot and the council, at this time. It seems to me that we already have enough loose threads for now...
It certainly grows the universe, but you're right. The Royals are supposed to rule the Wesen, but seem to be more about being secret rulers (The Nine) of the universe. They already have their watch dog enforcers (can't remember their name, but have the tats). Grimms, supposedly protect humanity from the Wesen, but apparently have also been allied with the Royals as well. Then there's the Resistance...not sure their agenda, but evidently they are opposed to the Royals and their hegemony. Now we have DeGroot, another set of enforcers to keep the Wesen in line, but not answering to the Royals. Getting pretty complicated...ain't we.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 'Grimm' on NBC HD