or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Demopad for Ipad & Iphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Demopad for Ipad & Iphone - Page 14

post #391 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by awake33 View Post

Nothing happens when I try to delete a subpage from a page.

I understand that command timings are not cumulative. It very much matters which order they fire in when tracking 'states' though. So we need to be able to move them up or down to change scenarios. When you have 30+ commands tied to a button, it's a pain to make changes when you can't move them around.

Please email support@demopad.com about your removing subpage issue - I cannot duplicate this problem.

Just so everyone is clear on delays though, the order of actions as they are added (and hence listed) in a macro only affects the order in which they execute if the delay parameter for each action is identical. For example, the following 3 commands:

A) set a flag to ON - delay=0.0
B) set a flag group to OFF - delay=0.0
C) send an IP command - delay=0.0

will execute A,B,C in that order (with a tiny fraction of a second in between). If I decide that action B should fire before action A for example, I simply increase the delay of A to be larger than B's delay - so with the following same commands:

A) set a flag to ON - delay=1.1
B) set a flag group to OFF - delay=1.0
C) send an IP command - delay=0.0

action C will occur first (immediately), then action B 1 second later, then action A 0.1 seconds after B.

I entirely agree that it would be nice to be able to list the actions in execution order to make it visually more obvious (and this is on the development wish list), but there is no need to completely re-create a button just because you want to reorder certain commands.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #392 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemoPad View Post

Please email support@demopad.com about your removing subpage issue - I cannot duplicate this problem.

Just so everyone is clear on delays though, the order of actions as they are added (and hence listed) in a macro only affects the order in which they execute if the delay parameter for each action is identical. For example, the following 3 commands:

A) set a flag to ON - delay=0.0
B) set a flag group to OFF - delay=0.0
C) send an IP command - delay=0.0

will execute A,B,C in that order (with a tiny fraction of a second in between). If I decide that action B should fire before action A for example, I simply increase the delay of A to be larger than B's delay - so with the following same commands:

A) set a flag to ON - delay=1.1
B) set a flag group to OFF - delay=1.0
C) send an IP command - delay=0.0

action C will occur first (immediately), then action B 1 second later, then action A 0.1 seconds after B.

I entirely agree that it would be nice to be able to list the actions in execution order to make it visually more obvious (and this is on the development wish list), but there is no need to completely re-create a button just because you want to reorder certain commands.

Ok, I'm home now, so I'll try to explain this in more detail (doing it on an iPhone is tedious).

Regarding commands, their order, and timing: I'm not trying to list them in the order that they fire. It however is important to remember what you pointed out: Any given set of commands with the same delay time will fire sequentially. Here is a screenshot of a button's list of commands:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1053985...12352918976642

Now, say I want to have the 'Return_Home' flag set based on 'Dune_Temp' being 'off'. There is no way to do this without a whole lotta work. This is just one example, but there have been many times I wished to change things that required a bunch of deleting and recreating portions of the command list.
Being able to move commands up or down in the list would completely solve the issue. Having the ability to "Reveal" items/subpages based on flags being 'on' OR 'off', as you see fit would be almost as good. Currently, only 'on' flags can be used to 'Reveal' things.
Also, using timing delays to reorder events is a horrible idea and an inappropriate work-around for a shortcoming in software. Delays should be used for, well, delaying commands lol. Not adding unnecessary and unwanted delays to triggering events.

And, by the way, I did email support, on the 6th. Never heard back, which is why I posted here.
post #393 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by awake33 View Post

I did email support, on the 6th. Never heard back, which is why I posted here.

Yes, just checked & we received your email, but our email response seemed to have been blocked by your mail server...all support emails we receive are answered. If anyone else on this forum has had difficulties getting through to support please let us know.

We'll get the re-order action thing implemented as quickly as possible....but for now the workaround is to use the delay setting. (whether you see it or not, actions in a list already do have a slightly different delay value, the actions don't occur at exactly the same time, we've just not shown it in the software as the delay value is so small).

I'm sure you can appreciate we are working to add features & make life easier for everyone, and unfortunately sometimes features for which there is a workaround tend to give way to features for which there is none....the software will never be 'finished' or 'perfect' (no software is), but we will continue to improve it...Right now we are working on volume feedback / custom gauges for any device....

The more people that ask for a modification though, the higher up it goes on the list....
post #394 of 466
Thread Starter 
Happy to hear that volume feedback and custom gauges will be implented. This is a feature which was lacking. Do you know when this will be available?
post #395 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemoPad View Post


Yes, just checked & we received your email, but our email response seemed to have been blocked by your mail server...all support emails we receive are answered. If anyone else on this forum has had difficulties getting through to support please let us know.

..

I sent an email concerning general feedback in the latest designer last week and have not received a reply either.
post #396 of 466
I am interested in replacing my Pronto 9600 with an iPad. This looks like a good option. My problem is that I need to determine what hardware I need to replace to do it. I use the Pronto with an RF receiver that feeds 9 IR sensors that go to equipment ranging from a projector to lights. I have looked at the iTech hardware and it looks like it supports the iPad via wireless and having 3 IR outs. I know you can get double IR emitters. I prefer to keep it all ir.

Any recommendations for what you guys use for that many IR outs?
post #397 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacket_fan View Post

I am interested in replacing my Pronto 9600 with an iPad. This looks like a good option. My problem is that I need to determine what hardware I need to replace to do it. I use the Pronto with an RF receiver that feeds 9 IR sensors that go to equipment ranging from a projector to lights. I have looked at the iTech hardware and it looks like it supports the iPad via wireless and having 3 IR outs. I know you can get double IR emitters. I prefer to keep it all ir.

Any recommendations for what you guys use for that many IR outs?

I also needed -9- IR connections in which I'm using the Globl Cache IP2IR (-2-Single Emitters on Port 1 and 2) and Port 3 is connected to the Xantech 791-44 Connecting Block which allows an additional -10- IR connections.

The connection is made utlizing Global Cache GC-CGX Cable. The system works flawlesly. Hope this tid bit of information is helpful.
post #398 of 466
For those of you that are using DemoPad, how long did it take you to create your GUI. This is my first attempt with something like this. I'm ok with Photoshop, but even still I would say I'm about 6 hours or so in and I barely have two pages done. That isn't even considering the time it will take to go back and put in all the IR commands.
post #399 of 466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs179 View Post

For those of you that are using DemoPad, how long did it take you to create your GUI. This is my first attempt with something like this. I'm ok with Photoshop, but even still I would say I'm about 6 hours or so in and I barely have two pages done. That isn't even considering the time it will take to go back and put in all the IR commands.

Well I'm familiar with the software, and could create a complete GUI in approximately 3-4 hours. But when it comes to more complex designs, like I have done for myself, it takes more time. Eventhough a GUI is never really completed. You always try to improve it further more. I don't have to say that I enjoy to create GUI's .
post #400 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by hengenl View Post

Well I'm familiar with the software, and could create a complete GUI in approximately 3-4 hours. But when it comes to more complex designs, like I have done for myself, it takes more time. Eventhough a GUI is never really completed. You always try to improve it further more. I don't have to say that I enjoy to create GUI's .

I may be asking to much here, but is there any chance you'd be willing to share a few .pad files? I'm trying to get to the point that Demopad functions like my logitech, but I think I might be going about it the wrong way. I have some icon .psd files I can share in return.
post #401 of 466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs179 View Post


I may be asking to much here, but is there any chance you'd be willing to share a few .pad files? I'm trying to get to the point that Demopad functions like my logitech, but I think I might be going about it the wrong way. I have some icon .psd files I can share in return.

Have you already tried the GUI's which you can find on top of the demopad software, under the section Ressources. They are great to learn and improve your skills.
post #402 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by hengenl View Post

Have you already tried the GUI's which you can find on top of the demopad software, under the section Ressources. They are great to learn and improve your skills.

I have, but none of them seem to do what I want. They all seem to have you push a button to pull up the remote for that device. I want it more automated. No big deal, I'll just keep messing with it and see how it turns out.

Thanks,
Dave
post #403 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs179 View Post

I may be asking to much here, but is there any chance you'd be willing to share a few .pad files? I'm trying to get to the point that Demopad functions like my logitech, but I think I might be going about it the wrong way. I have some icon .psd files I can share in return.

Is the PSD file you are requesting being utilized on the iPhone or iPad. I have a pretty indepth PSD file I would not mine sharing for the iPhone. Please provide E-Mail address and I will sent to you as a reference tool. Like others before me, it would be to your advantage to learn the flags and how they automate the GUI. Keep in mind that all of the users here had to start somewhere to become proficient at making DemoPad useful to their respective set-up.
post #404 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs179 View Post

I may be asking to much here, but is there any chance you'd be willing to share a few .pad files? I'm trying to get to the point that Demopad functions like my logitech, but I think I might be going about it the wrong way. I have some icon .psd files I can share in return.

DBS179, Here are a few of the GUI pages affiliated with the PSD File I'm willilng to share to hopefully get you started designing your GUI

[IMG][[IMG][/IMG]/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
post #405 of 466
wlbolton,

I appreciate the offer for the psd file. I'm actually looking for a .pad file. I can make whatever I need to in photoshop for the gui to look pretty, but I'm more interested in figuring out how pages link together in demopad and how to utilize subpages. I've read the demopad document and reviewed the extra .pad files from the resources link, but they seem to do something similar to what you set up does.

Here is an example, right now I have a harmony 880 remote. The top portion of the remote has an "activities" display. I click "Watch Cable", the remote sets my TV to the input, turns on the cable box and so on. But, I am able to still configure the top portion of the remote for any device I am using. So I have a button to switch to bring up my DVR menu. I can figure all of that out in the demopad software, but right now I have about 10 pages. Having to create each one of them from scratch just seems like a ton of work. I've looked at using subpages so I don't have to recreate them but I haven't wrapped my head around how I would do that yet. I hope that makes sense....

Thanks,
Dave
post #406 of 466
Another question, is there anyway to copy the layout from one page to another? I don't mean from landscape to portrait on the same page, but from say landscape layout of page "A" to landscape layout of page "B"?

Nevermind, I found out that control c and control v work between pages.
post #407 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs179 View Post

wlbolton,

I appreciate the offer for the psd file. I'm actually looking for a .pad file. I can make whatever I need to in photoshop for the gui to look pretty, but I'm more interested in figuring out how pages link together in demopad and how to utilize subpages. I've read the demopad document and reviewed the extra .pad files from the resources link, but they seem to do something similar to what you set up does.

Here is an example, right now I have a harmony 880 remote. The top portion of the remote has an "activities" display. I click "Watch Cable", the remote sets my TV to the input, turns on the cable box and so on. But, I am able to still configure the top portion of the remote for any device I am using. So I have a button to switch to bring up my DVR menu. I can figure all of that out in the demopad software, but right now I have about 10 pages. Having to create each one of them from scratch just seems like a ton of work. I've looked at using subpages so I don't have to recreate them but I haven't wrapped my head around how I would do that yet. I hope that makes sense....

Thanks,
Dave

Dave, I am a little confused as to what you are actually trying to accomplish. My current GUI has -1- Main Page and approximately -24- Sub-pages. Yes, it is very time consuming, but the end result is "priceless". In my previous communication I referred to my GUI as a "PSD File" when I actually meant "PAD File". If you are still needing the PAD File, I will be more than happy to share. By doing this, at least I will be able to explain how to achieve your goal knowing how my pages are designed.
post #408 of 466
wlbolton,

The .PSD file threw me off. I would love to have a look at your .pad file. I appreciate your offer. PM sent.

Thanks,
Dave
post #409 of 466
Hi to all!
I'd like to know if I can control a BTicino MyHome system with Demopad using OpenWebNet protocol.
Thanks

Freedomotic.com
post #410 of 466
I'd love to have a copy to get a head start with the app. The files look great with the black theme. I really dislike the samples from the demopad site. I'm a new user so can't send you a pm but you could reply to me with one.

Thanks
post #411 of 466
Hi,

I realy love Demopad.

I use it for iPad and iPhone.

Just a question:

Is it possible for a button with a lot of commands to change the image without to lost the commands?

Thanks in advance
post #412 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosumi View Post

I'd love to have a copy to get a head start with the app. The files look great with the black theme. I really dislike the samples from the demopad site. I'm a new user so can't send you a pm but you could reply to me with one.

Thanks

If you are talking about the black theme on the DemoPad web site, that is only sold by a 3rd party company. Most themes like that sell for about $500 or more. A good theme takes a lot of time and work to develop and it's not something you just slap together.
post #413 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearnet View Post

Hi,

I realy love Demopad.

I use it for iPad and iPhone.

Just a question:

Is it possible for a button with a lot of commands to change the image without to lost the commands?

Thanks in advance

Yes you can change the image and the commands will still be there.
post #414 of 466
I have a Pronto 9600 and it uses Pronto Edit Professional. As I looked at the Demopad tutorials and software, I found where you can use Pronto files. Or at least it looks like you can. I have not paid for the software yet so I am just using the trial version. When I tried to use the PEP files, I was not able to read those.

Can Demopad read PEP files? Or better yet, can you import Pronto files into Demopad in an easy manner? That capability sould save a lot of time and frustration.
post #415 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorsplace View Post

Yes you can change the image and the commands will still be there.

Thanks a lot,

I didn't see the "Change" button.

Demopad is really great.
post #416 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuruJeff View Post

If you are talking about the black theme on the DemoPad web site, that is only sold by a 3rd party company. Most themes like that sell for about $500 or more. A good theme takes a lot of time and work to develop and it's not something you just slap together.

I should have quoted wbolton - I was looking for his .pad file which he kindly sent. I have been using Nevo Studio Pro which includes enough buttons, backgrounds, etc to easily and quickly create nice looking layouts. Hopefully demopad will incorporate some more graphic elements in the future.
post #417 of 466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacket_fan View Post

I have a Pronto 9600 and it uses Pronto Edit Professional. As I looked at the Demopad tutorials and software, I found where you can use Pronto files. Or at least it looks like you can. I have not paid for the software yet so I am just using the trial version. When I tried to use the PEP files, I was not able to read those.

Can Demopad read PEP files? Or better yet, can you import Pronto files into Demopad in an easy manner? That capability sould save a lot of time and frustration.

Unfortunately, Demopad won't import Pronto pep files into its designer. You can only convert pronto hex codes into globalcache code format. You can do a lot more with Demodesigner, than you were able with Pronto Edit. I am referring to the flag system which is a very powerful tool. Check the tutorials to get started. Believe me it is worth the time. If you need any help we are happy to help you out.
post #418 of 466
Anybody using ip to control their Roku box? I've seen some talk of telneting in and using ascii commands (press up, etc) but demopad seems to require hex.


Thanks
post #419 of 466
I misunderstood the command editor dialog - hex is not required. These commands work for the roku:

"press u" up
"press d" down
"press l" left
"press r" right
"press s" select
"press h" home
"press f" fwd
"press b "back
"press p" play/pause

There are a few more that I haven't found yet.
post #420 of 466
Hi Forum,
I'm absolutely new in the topic, but I already bought the Demopad App and also ordered a WF2IR module for connecting my TV & A/V Receiver to Demopad.

Also I've played a bit around with tge buttons and mechanisms, but my biggest issue is getting a nice looking GUI, so that it's fun handling with demopad.

As some of you probably have the skills to Make a good looking GUI, maybe someone can share some cool looking backgrounds or pictures which I can use as a base for my Remote....plz PM me :-)

Many thanks to all of you and thanks for your support.

Cheers

Torsten
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Remote Control Area

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Demopad for Ipad & Iphone