or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Demopad for Ipad & Iphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Demopad for Ipad & Iphone - Page 4

post #91 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorsplace View Post


Demopad needs post commands to work with XBMC Boxee etc at the moment.
Easiest way is don't set XBMC up as a device, instead use a send data to website command and format as an http command.
I'll post an example when I get home.

Thanks, so much I got it working. I never even thought of doing it that way.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #92 of 466
I thought that i read on this tread somewhere that someone managed to get feed back working with there Receiver, but maybe not. Is it even possible with the current state or Demopad? if some one has got it working could you let me know how you did it.

Thanks.
post #93 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by linsmith View Post

I thought that i read on this tread somewhere that someone managed to get feed back working with there Receiver, but maybe not. Is it even possible with the current state or Demopad? if some one has got it working could you let me know how you did it.

Thanks.

Yes I do with my Onkyo. What receiver do you have??
post #94 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorsplace View Post


Yes I do with my Onkyo. What receiver do you have??

I have a pioneer. I have feedback working in iRule. I am just not sure how to set it all up in demopad
post #95 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by linsmith View Post

I have a pioneer. I have feedback working in iRule. I am just not sure how to set it all up in demopad

Here you go the response terminator is the same as the ends with in iRule.
There is no starts with requirement in Demopad, you just define the unique portion of the string.

Also there is no unique vol type control for feedback, you could define every possible vol level if you wanted, but I believe Andy will have something in the near future.

Also try without the maintain active connection checked first, I needed it on the Onkyo for some reason but if it works without being checked, leave it.
LL
LL
LL
post #96 of 466
Thanks Trevorsplace, that worked great it was the keep constant connection that made it work. Now hopefully we will get feedback for things like XBMC and Demopad will be near perfect for my needs. Sliders for volume would be nice too.
post #97 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by linsmith View Post

Thanks Trevorsplace, that worked great it was the keep constant connection that made it work. Now hopefully we will get feedback for things like XBMC and Demopad will be near perfect for my needs. Sliders for volume would be nice too.

No problem... Glad I could help.
post #98 of 466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by linsmith View Post

Thanks Trevorsplace, that worked great it was the keep constant connection that made it work. Now hopefully we will get feedback for things like XBMC and Demopad will be near perfect for my needs. Sliders for volume would be nice too.

+1 for volume slider.
post #99 of 466
Really getting the hang of the Designer software. It's looking like Demopad is going to be replacing iRule soon. I love iRule, don't get me wrong but Demopad can do some pretty amazing things with flags and dynamic sub pages. It's really cool watching your buttons slide in and out of place. The support has been amazing with a shout back within at least a couple of hours, sometimes sooner..........much sooner. I struggled at first with flags but the Support Team was a great help. I've learned some valuable lessons that I think I could pass onto other users.

1. The best advice I could possibly give is to download the sample projects and get a physical look at how things are done. I cannot stress this enough. The sample projects are invaluable in learning how things are set up.

2. When aligning objects, use the layout alignment tools OR the snap to grid feature. Do not use both, you will drive yourself insane.

3. Flags are created at the global level. They are project flags, not button, page, or object flags. They are created at the project level where they are collected in one spot where they can be associated with any button, page, or object. Once created, you can "attach" them to an object, page, or button. I struggled with this concept for a bit.
Basically, an "on" flag makes objects appear and an "off" flag makes them disappear. This includes pages, sub-pages, buttons, and images.

I'm looking forward to completing my project. I only wish I could post video because that is the only way to see the real power in Demopad
post #100 of 466
Mike,

With all the rave reviews you received for your "meowcat" design in Irule, I never thought you would convert so soon. I'm sure alot of Irule designs will be recreated in DemoPad. I for one realky appreciate your talents and looking forward to your DemoPad designs.
post #101 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlbolton View Post

Mike,

With all the rave reviews you received for your "meowcat" design in Irule, I never thought you would convert so soon. I'm sure alot of Irule designs will be recreated in DemoPad. I for one realky appreciate your talents and looking forward to your DemoPad designs.

Thanks, Wayne. I'm still faithfully using iRule and it may be some time before I switch over. As we speak, I'm still tweaking my iRule UI. I'm having fun, though, with this new project. I have a feeling in the next few years there will be a flood of mobile device remotes on the market, then where will I be?
post #102 of 466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post

Really getting the hang of the Designer software. It's looking like Demopad is going to be replacing iRule soon. I love iRule, don't get me wrong but Demopad can do some pretty amazing things with flags and dynamic sub pages. It's really cool watching your buttons slide in and out of place. The support has been amazing with a shout back within at least a couple of hours, sometimes sooner..........much sooner. I struggled at first with flags but the Support Team was a great help. I've learned some valuable lessons that I think I could pass onto other users.

1. The best advice I could possibly give is to download the sample projects and get a physical look at how things are done. I cannot stress this enough. The sample projects are invaluable in learning how things are set up.

2. When aligning objects, use the layout alignment tools OR the snap to grid feature. Do not use both, you will drive yourself insane.

3. Flags are created at the global level. They are project flags, not button, page, or object flags. They are created at the project level where they are collected in one spot where they can be associated with any button, page, or object. Once created, you can "attach" them to an object, page, or button. I struggled with this concept for a bit.
Basically, an "on" flag makes objects appear and an "off" flag makes them disappear. This includes pages, sub-pages, buttons, and images.

I'm looking forward to completing my project. I only wish I could post video because that is the only way to see the real power in Demopad

I would really like to see your project in action. Maybe you could take a video by using your iphone and share it here. Or take some screenshots?
Yes the flags are a very powerful option to use. You can do great things as you exposed
post #103 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by hengenl View Post

I would really like to see your project in action. Maybe you could take a video by using your iphone and share it here. Or take some screenshots?
Yes the flags are a very powerful option to use. You can do great things as you exposed

Okay, here's a little tease, for now.

post #104 of 466
You could post some videos on youtube, perhaps. Since the animations are an important feature of this software, I would love to see it in action instead of a static picture
post #105 of 466
Thread Starter 
I also got feedback running now, with my Denon Avr 4308, using 2 way feedback with flags in Demopad. Runs flawless! Launching my Denon page, sends a get status command, for example PW?\\x0D, which tells if the power is turned on or off. The flag "Power On" highlights my Power button when power on my denon is on. When the power is off it is not highlighted. So I always know if my Denon is turned on or off.
post #106 of 466
Total noob here. So if I want to start building these, this requires a global cache device, right? I'd want the the IP2IR, assuming I have wired internet where the reciever and other devices sit? Do I have that right?

Anything else I need? Sensors, wires, etc?
post #107 of 466
Thread Starter 
Here a little tutorial how to set up a Power Toggle Button with 2 way-feedback.

My example is about the power Button of my Denon AVR 4308.

1) First you have to add flags, which I call Power Toggletemp and Power ToggleMemory.

2) Now you add a power button to your UI and set the Highlight Flag to Power ToggleMemory.

3) Double Click on your Button and set the values as described on the 3rd picture attached.

4) Now set up your 2 way feedback. Set the Denon to Maintain active connection.

5) Double click the 2 Way Feedback Icon and enter the Data as shown on Picture 5.


Read on next Post for further steps...
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #108 of 466
Thread Starter 
...

6) Now edit your action conditions as shown on first pic.

First:

Condition Data : PWON\\x0D (This is the Command when the Denon is ON)
Action: Power ToggleMemory ON

"For example in Javascript this would be like: IF Denon is ON highlight Picture Denon Power Button"

Second:

Condition Data : PWSTANDBY\\x0D (This is the Command when the Denon is OFF)
Action: Power ToggleMemory OFF



7) At last you have to set up an entry action when you push on your entry page button, which is called in my case AUDIO.
The 2 way feedback action command for my Denon is called : PW?\\x0D . This command gets the power status of my Denon every time I push the AUDIO Button on my Homepage. Have a look on pic N°2.



To sum up: When I push Audio Button the command PW?\\x0D is send to the Denon, which answers with PWON\\x0D when ON and highlights the Button Pic, which has as flag Power Toggle Memory. When the Denon answers PWSTANDBY\\x0D then the Power Button is not highlighted.





That's it. Now you can do this to all your buttons which have 2 way feedback. It may seem complicated at first but after a little while it's very easy.
LL
LL
post #109 of 466
I am in the process of setting up my configuration using the software. I have my device database saved from Prontoedit. In the software the only thing I have under devices would be the Itach I will be using, correct? If that is the case and I have 10 components that I use in my database how do I import them into the commands folder for the itach without similar commands overwriting the other ones and knowing which component the commands are for? I created separate folders for each component but when I go to configure a button all the commands are listed and I do not know which component they are for. How should I be doing this?

Thanks
post #110 of 466
Thread Starter 
I hope that my tutorial is not too complicated? Toggle function and 2 way feedbackt is really a "nice to have".
post #111 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by hengenl View Post

I hope that my tutorial is not too complicated? Toggle function and 2 way feedbackt is really a "nice to have".

Your tutorial looks very clear and concise. I, myself, don't have any two way devices but I'm certain your tutorial could help a few people. I'm getting my iPhone in the next couple of days and I'll be working on a video of my GUI. Hopefully I'll have it up soon.
post #112 of 466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post


Your tutorial looks very clear and concise. I, myself, don't have any two way devices but I'm certain your tutorial could help a few people. I'm getting my iPhone in the next couple of days and I'll be working on a video of my GUI. Hopefully I'll have it up soon.

Note that the tutorial also explains a toggle button, in case that you don't have a 2 way feedback device...
post #113 of 466
Thread Starter 
Maybe this was not clear to everyone:

2 Way Feedback is available for every device which sends data out.

Have a look on my tutorial to see how it is done!
post #114 of 466
dumb question but how do I hind the port number to set up my IP2IR device
post #115 of 466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpartsguy View Post

dumb question but how do I hind the port number to set up my IP2IR device

Port number is 4998.
post #116 of 466
Thanks. That got it up and going
post #117 of 466
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpartsguy View Post

Thanks. That got it up and going

You are welcome
post #118 of 466
I've just started using Dempad and have been trying to use custom images. Sometimes they show up and sometimes it just shows the red x image. The last update I did turned up all red x's for the images. All my custom images are png format and I have them placed in the image folders. I am using windows 7. I have tried both a 32bit and 64bit computer. Anyone have any ideas why?

Also how do you get a button to run another app. I've tried entering the app name in the command field but get no response.

Thanks,
post #119 of 466
Thank you for the help getting started with this hengenl and Trevorsplace.

Does anyone know how you determine with page will be the default start page on the iPad? The default one created at the beginning of a new project seems to override all the others, but I don't see any special attributes or flags. I'd like to change my initial page but can't firgure out how unnecessary page load or flag options being set.

My initial impression of what it can do it and how good it looks on the iPad is that this is great and will hopefully become superb.

Since Andy has been kind enough to come check on this thread, I'll list a few things I hope get fixed or improved in future releases. If anything sounds horrible to others they can chime in

1. This is number ONE because it's huge: There is no UNDO, or if there is I'm too dim to find it

2. Almost as huge as #1: No ability to change the order of flags or copy them. I'm actually surprised such a critical feature is missing. You can sort of copy one by highlighting it and adding it again, but it will be at the end of the list. This is what I am currently doing when having to rearrange the order, very tedious.

3. Selecting multiple objects becomes frustrating and very difficult once you have a number of objects close to each other because you MUST start from the top left corner. Sometimes another object is there or overlapping.

4. You can't move multiple objects with the cursor keys once selected, only one object at a time. The cursor's focus jumps around the app if you try with multiple objects selected.
post #120 of 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by gp56 View Post

I am in the process of setting up my configuration using the software. I have my device database saved from Prontoedit. In the software the only thing I have under devices would be the Itach I will be using, correct? If that is the case and I have 10 components that I use in my database how do I import them into the commands folder for the itach without similar commands overwriting the other ones and knowing which component the commands are for? I created separate folders for each component but when I go to configure a button all the commands are listed and I do not know which component they are for. How should I be doing this?

Thanks

Create a command folder for each physical device, and use the command prefix prior to importing the commands, then each physical device will have unique & sensible command names, and they will be organised correctly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Remote Control Area

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › Demopad for Ipad & Iphone