or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › Act of Valor - new film starring active duty Navy Seals..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Act of Valor - new film starring active duty Navy Seals.. - Page 4

post #91 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Saving Private Ryan

nuff said


Sorry, I forgot SPR...
post #92 of 97
I went and saw this yesterday and thought it wasn't half bad. Sure it wasn't Black Hawk Down, Private Ryan, Hurt Locker, etc. but as a gun nut I certainly appreciated seeing a movie where proper weapons handling and tactics are used to illustrate battle scenes.

I would have liked more from the script but the acting was tolerable. I think the first person perspective was cool and it's unfortunate that the gaming world has devalued that camera angle because that is about as close as it will get to seeing what a soldier sees from the stock of his M4.
post #93 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I went and saw this yesterday and thought it wasn't half bad. Sure it wasn't Black Hawk Down, Private Ryan, Hurt Locker, etc. but as a gun nut I certainly appreciated seeing a movie where proper weapons handling and tactics are used to illustrate battle scenes.

I would have liked more from the script but the acting was tolerable. I think the first person perspective was cool and it's unfortunate that the gaming world has devalued that camera angle because that is about as close as it will get to seeing what a soldier sees from the stock of his M4.

I questioned the tactics those "seals" displayed in the movie lol. Did like the boat scene though
post #94 of 97
Obviously there was plenty nonsense thrown in to make it a movie but it was refreshing to see some proper weapons handling, (some questionable corner checking) etc., but all in all pretty solid I thought.
post #95 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Obviously there was plenty nonsense thrown in to make it a movie but it was refreshing to see some proper weapons handling, (some questionable corner checking) etc., but all in all pretty solid I thought.

Exactly what I thought haha
post #96 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Obviously there was plenty nonsense thrown in to make it a movie but it was refreshing to see some proper weapons handling, (some questionable corner checking) etc., but all in all pretty solid I thought.

Something that could easily be pull off by decent enough actors and quality military consultation, imho. These guys are decent chaps. They have the look and sound but shouldn't have been the stars of a movie.

BHD is imo the benchmark for how well this can be pulled off.

Was anyone else disappointed in the sound other than Kevin and I?

And another thing... why did all the explosives have to have some dramatic fireball? Agghh, wtf! I thought they were going for realism? Each time an RPG was shot or frag was thrown I'd . That RPG wasn't a dud either, it just didn't go beyond arming range.

Ha! I'm such a dork.
post #97 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post


Something that could easily be pull off by decent enough actors and quality military consultation, imho. These guys are decent chaps. They have the look and sound but shouldn't have been the stars of a movie.

BHD is imo the benchmark for how well this can be pulled off.

Was anyone else disappointed in the sound other than Kevin and I?

And another thing... why did all the explosives have to have some dramatic fireball? Agghh, wtf! I thought they were going for realism? Each time an RPG was shot or frag was thrown I'd . That RPG wasn't a dud either, it just didn't go beyond arming range.

Ha! I'm such a dork.

Frag nades don't make fire balls too haha

And the ravens suck...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Movies, Concerts, and Music Discussion › Act of Valor - new film starring active duty Navy Seals..