or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Source Components › Vegas Pro 11 released
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vegas Pro 11 released - Page 7

post #181 of 564
Thread Starter 
Just an idea: have you tried to set the internal ram to zero? A user in our German forums reported an hour ago, that this improved stability for him.
post #182 of 564
I don't understand that.
post #183 of 564
Thread Starter 
Options/Preferences/Video, and try to set the dynamic ram preview to 0.
post #184 of 564
OK, Dynamic ram for preview. Already done since on my new computer I don't need to render to dynamic ram as I can play video from timeline in real time. I used to use that on the old quad core.
Frankly, I don't see that as a cause for crashing unless your buddy over there was working with minimal memory resources.
post #185 of 564
I am new in the forum and i have a question about the new Sony vegas pro 11.
For me, the Sony Vegas Pro 11 v520 is stable, the 3D Blu ray creation with >600 3D clips and 75' are possible.
But, anyone know how to integrate the Yadif deinterlacer plugin into Sony Vegas Pro 11?
Are the deinterlacing codecs really improved from SV10?
post #186 of 564
Thread Starter 
The intgration of the Yadif plugin has been desribed here:

http://www.yohng.com/software/yadifvegas.html

I am not quite sure if the deinterlacer has been improved from V10 to V11 really. At least I have not seen anything in the description, but typically these "what is new" section is not always complete really. There is the strong impression vom users like Don that especially the deinterlacing and new rendering from 1080 60i projects to 1080 24p projects has become better - and the same seems to be true for 1080 50i projects. BUT that render way is still not completely free from small bugs.... for sure not with V10 but to my opinon not for V11.

There is a broad opinion that the conversion from 1080 60i to 1080 24p (what you need for 3D BD) is not a very great conversion way (what is not only the deinterlacing part but also that every frame must be calculated new). Another way is still to render a 1080 50i 3D project to 720 50p, and a 1080 60i 3D projet to 720 60p - even if some people claim that you loose resolution (what is partly true only, given the interline flicker loss in 1080 60i/50i what tends to bring overall resolution down to 720 50p/60p anyway).

The best is: give both way a try - and see what you beliefe is fine for you.
post #187 of 564
Hi all! This is my current workstation for 3D & HD editing:

Asus P6T Deluxe motherboard
12gb Corsair Dominator 1600mhz DDR3 triple-channel memory
Intel Core i7 920 overclocked to 4ghz
Corsair H50 watercooler with Noctua P14 fans (push/pull)
EVA GTX570 video card
OCZ Revodrive x2 PCI-Express 240gb (Win7 64bit Pro)
2 x Velociraptor 150gb (that I render to)
1 x 1TB WD drive (storage)

Was wondering about switching to this:

Asus X79 motherboard
12gb GSkill 2133mhz 2133mhz quad-channel DDR3 memory
Intel Core i7 3930K overclocked to 4.7ghz

Corsair H50 watercooler with Noctua P14 fans (push/pull)
EVA GTX 570 video card
OCZ Revodrive x2 PCI-Express 240gb (Win7 64bit Pro)
2 x Velociraptor 150gb (that I render to)
1 x 1TB WD drive (storage)ntel Core i7 3930k unlocked & overclocded to 4.5ghz

Would the replacement components significantly speed-up my rendering time? My current 3D rendering time (no edits 3D trial 720/60p) is 2.5:1. Or is spending the extra $1,200 just a waste? BTW, I use SVP11 exclusively
post #188 of 564
when you do that, did you figure the cost of new OS software?
post #189 of 564
Thanks Wolfgang, I tested the SV10 versus sv11 Deinterlacing from TD10e clips 1080x50i to 24p and there is a great improvement in 11 disappeared as did the jump every second with the SV10.
Anyway, still smoother the transition from 50i to 720x50p.
At the momment i do not know apply the Yadif plugin to 3D clips.
post #190 of 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

when you do that, did you figure the cost of new OS software?

I already have SVP11 & Win7 64bit if that is what you are referring to.
post #191 of 564
Not quite- With windows7 I found out you need to buy it again as switching to a new MB and CPU is not transferable. They consider that a new computer. I checked into that last Fall when I was considering a future upgrade. I also had to buy a new copy of windows XP to install on a virtual machine even though I had it on an old obsolete hardware that was junked. MS said that once you register OS to a computer it is locked to that CPU and MB. If your hardware burns up you can call them on the phone and beg. I understand that works for one time. They give you that number when you try to do the double registration.

Sony Vegas is different. They permit you to install it on more than one computer. I don't recall how many but there is a limit. Each software is different and there is no standard.
post #192 of 564
Anyone who does a lot of installations should consider a yearly subscription to Microsoft Technet Standard ($200/year). Google it. There's tremendous value for those of us who build and/or frequently upgrade our own computers. It gives you software keys that allow you to install most MS software, including virtually any MS OS, multiple times. For some, it's not worth it. For others, it's a Godsend. They talk a lot about it over in the HTPC section of AVS. It's well worth reading up on to find out if it's right for you.
post #193 of 564
Ok, getting past the OS & software would a system upgrade as I mentioned in my previous post be significant (>30% faster) enough to make it worthwhile?
Quote:
Originally Posted by f13dfx View Post

Hi all! This is my current workstation for 3D & HD editing:

Asus P6T Deluxe motherboard
12gb Corsair Dominator 1600mhz DDR3 triple-channel memory
Intel Core i7 920 overclocked to 4ghz
Corsair H50 watercooler with Noctua P14 fans (push/pull)
EVA GTX570 video card
OCZ Revodrive x2 PCI-Express 240gb (Win7 64bit Pro)
2 x Velociraptor 150gb (that I render to)
1 x 1TB WD drive (storage)

Was wondering about switching to this:

Asus X79 motherboard
12gb GSkill 2133mhz 2133mhz quad-channel DDR3 memory
Intel Core i7 3930K overclocked to 4.7ghz
Corsair H50 watercooler with Noctua P14 fans (push/pull)
EVA GTX 570 video card
OCZ Revodrive x2 PCI-Express 240gb (Win7 64bit Pro)
2 x Velociraptor 150gb (that I render to)
1 x 1TB WD drive (storage)

Would the replacement components significantly speed-up my rendering time? My current 3D rendering time (no edits 3D trial 720/60p) is 2.5:1. Or is spending the extra $1,200 just a waste? BTW, I use SVP11 exclusively
post #194 of 564
I don't know that there's a good answer to that question yet. Render times would probably go down, maybe considerably. Whether 3D playback would improve dramatically is questionable. I'm not saying it wouldn't, but over in a Grass Valley thread, a person with a 3930 is still complaining about stuttering 3D playback in the Edius 3D Preview build. In my experience, Edius plays back 3D smoother than Vegas. I'm probably going to make that upgrade myself, though - probably in the next couple/three months. That's when I anticipate needing the extra rendering speed over my Core i7 920. In the end, you're more qualified than the rest of us to answer your own question. You know what your needs are. We don't.
post #195 of 564
Very well put Joseph. Anyway these 3930K's are way overpriced right now. Locally they're selling for $655, that's $100 over Intel's published price. Guess it's supply and demand right now

BTW, can one download the preview 3D version of Edius, or is that only for beta testers?
post #196 of 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by f13dfx View Post

Very well put Joseph. Anyway these 3930K's are way overpriced right now. Locally they're selling for $655, that's $100 over Intel's published price. Guess it's supply and demand right now

BTW, can one download the preview 3D version of Edius, or is that only for beta testers?

Set up a Grass Valley account and download the beta here. They just released build 4 the other day. It's good until about March 10th. They'll continue to release new betas at least once a month until it's ready for release. There have already been four, since early December.
post #197 of 564
Thread Starter 
Even with the "older" i7 2600K I have a smooth playback behaviour with MVC-footage from my TD10 1080 50i but also Z10000 1080 24p. In Vegas pro 11.
post #198 of 564
Can't seem to download 3D preview version even though I signed up for an account. Keeps saying "please complete survey" even though I have
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

Set up a Grass Valley account and download the beta here. They just released build 4 the other day. It's good until about March 10th. They'll continue to release new betas at least once a month until it's ready for release. There have already been four, since early December.
post #199 of 564
Can someone post the zipfile please.

Thank you!
post #200 of 564
The same error message here.

edit: ok, they sended me a link. it works.
post #201 of 564
I am having trouble once more with Vegas 11. Using Don's exact settings on Page 6 of this topic (he posted pix and mines the same)
I am now getting constant crashes when ever I try to render a TB file. It goes for about 1% then crashes always. This goes for any TB file, rather I made it with Edius or MVC to AVI.

I can however make a BD3D iso but no rendering of an .mp4, .m2ts or those kinda files to import to PD10 anymore.
post #202 of 564
Vegas Pro v11 released a new build 595 for updating. I don't know what it fixed but the few projects I have done to date seemed that the timeline now plays much smoother, especially playing through two 3D clips with a 2 sec dissolve without hesitation.

bravia3D- Sorry you are having trouble with the TBF work flow crashing. I've been generating mostly Vegas ISO and wmv SBShalf files for the past month but today I wanted to checkm out one of my projects with DTS so I'm porting over to Power Director 10 for final rendering. Currently the 14 minute piece is rendering slow as I also wanted to see if the GPU rendering was any faster with this build.

Seems not. It is 7% into rendering now and poking along. Normal rendering for this project should be 50% through w/o GPC as my CPU is so much faster. ( Been waiting for a new graphics technology to come out and then I plan to upgrade.) Anyway, I'll let you know if there is any crashing with this project. I don't use a set of converted JVC files but this one is using two TD-10 2D files paired for stereo and at film rate of 24FPS, not video rate of 23.976FPS. This change is done in the rendering properties from what you referenced. Unless your cam originals were all handled at 24.000 FPS, you don't need to make this change.
post #203 of 564
Thread Starter 
There is a long list of changes and bugfixes:

Quote:


Notable fixes/changes in version 11.0 (Build 594/595)

* Improved support for the Sony XDCAM Professional Media Station (XDS) devices.
* Added the ability to render 28 Mbps constant bit rate MainConcept AVC format.
* Added the ability to drag FX packages to video track headers.
* Made double-clicking the horizontal scrollbar in the effect property page zoom out as in the main timeline.
* Fixed incorrect output that could occur when using GPU-accelerated Pan/Crop with rotation on large still images.
* Fixed incorrect output for Clock Wipe when in 32-bit floating-point video mode without GPU acceleration.
* Fixed incorrect alpha channel for Glow when running without GPU acceleration.
* Fixed incorrect output for Fill Light when in 32-bit floating point video mode without GPU acceleration.
* Fixed an issue that prevented HDV print to tape from functioning.
* Fixed an issue that prevented rendered HDV from being used as smart render source.
* Fixed an issue that could prevent rendering to VCD format using MainConcept MPEG-1 format.
* Fixed an issue that could prevent the Sony AVC format from rendering 5.1 surround audio.
* Fixed an issue that could prevent certain QuickTime files from displaying on an external monitor during Trimmer playback.
* Fixed the ability to render to QuickTime format using the MPEG-4 Low Complexity AAC audio codec.
* Fixed an instability that could occur when using 10-bit uncompressed YUV sources with GPU-accelerated video processing on some NVIDIA GPUs.
* Fixed an issue that could cause jumping in stabilized media if the project being loaded used a different frame rate than the previous project.
* Fixed an issue that could cause an FX automation envelope to control the wrong effect when working with plug-ins in the Mixing Console.
* Fixed the ability to set a custom metronome sound.
* Fixed pixel aspect ratio handling with the GPU-accelerated Linear Blur effect.
* Fixed alpha-channel handling in the GPU-accelerated Levels effect.
* Fixed alpha channel handling in the GPU-accelerated HSL Adjust effect.
* Fixed the text background for the GPU-accelerated Timecode to use solid black instead of transparent alpha.
* Fixed an issue that could cause the GPU-accelerated White Balance effect to create colors slightly off.
* Fixed a crash that could occur when using certain third-party compositor plug-ins if there was an audio track directly below the video track with the compositor.
* Fixed the default preset for the Timecode effect to be lower-right.
* Fixed crashes that could occur in the Titles & Text generator.
* GPU-accelerated Cookie Cutter and Page Loop are causing issues with the latest AMD OpenCL drivers (Catalyst 11.12 and 12.1) so we are no longer processing these with the GPU on that platform. We will restore these to use GPU processing after the driver is fixed.

But the maybe most important change: the build has become more stable, also in 3D. I have not done long testings now, but the new build seems to go back a little bit, where Vegas was earlier in terms of stability. And that is the most important point to me.
post #204 of 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Vegas Pro v11 released a new build 595 for updating. I don't know what it fixed but the few projects I have done to date seemed that the timeline now plays much smoother, especially playing through two 3D clips with a 2 sec dissolve without hesitation.

bravia3D- Sorry you are having trouble with the TBF work flow crashing. I've been generating mostly Vegas ISO and wmv SBShalf files for the past month but today I wanted to checkm out one of my projects with DTS so I'm porting over to Power Director 10 for final rendering. Currently the 14 minute piece is rendering slow as I also wanted to see if the GPU rendering was any faster with this build.

Seems not. It is 7% into rendering now and poking along. Normal rendering for this project should be 50% through w/o GPC as my CPU is so much faster. ( Been waiting for a new graphics technology to come out and then I plan to upgrade.) Anyway, I'll let you know if there is any crashing with this project. I don't use a set of converted JVC files but this one is using two TD-10 2D files paired for stereo and at film rate of 24FPS, not video rate of 23.976FPS. This change is done in the rendering properties from what you referenced. Unless your cam originals were all handled at 24.000 FPS, you don't need to make this change.

Newest Intel technology about to hit the market, called Ivy Bridge, uses chip design and architecture that is now leaps and bounds ahead of anything the graphics card people have access to. Intel is already putting graphics on the PC chip for full HD 3D playback without needing a separate graphics card.
post #205 of 564
Bet it will be expensive! I'll probably need new MB, RAM and OS too

bravia3D- No crashes here! I was mistaken earlier and the rendering time It finished up at normal speed about 4 times real time which has been about right for videos with this level of editing. Got it rendering in PD10 now.
post #206 of 564
Quote:


* GPU-accelerated Cookie Cutter and Page Loop are causing issues with the latest AMD OpenCL drivers (Catalyst 11.12 and 12.1) so we are no longer processing these with the GPU on that platform. We will restore these to use GPU processing after the driver is fixed.

Interesting. I thought there was a difference and could no longer select between Open CL and CPU. Render speed was never faster anyway for me with Open CL. But it was always stable. I've been considering the next card to be a cuda speed demon Just waiting for the next generation cards to hit the market.
post #207 of 564
Don thanks again, question... When you import your files to PD10 and make a 3DBD and watch them, are you noticeing any flickering?

I have noticed dropping JVC files into PD10 causes stutter and flickering. Making them TB with Edius and dropping them makes flickering as well but no stuttering. I used Vegas to make an ISO and it was flawless. However I want menus on my movie and only PD10 can do so!

So my goal is to use Vegas and render then drop into PD10, but still getting crashes non stop. I'm gonna update and see if that helps any.
post #208 of 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post

Bet it will be expensive! I'll probably need new MB, RAM and OS too

bravia3D- No crashes here! I was mistaken earlier and the rendering time It finished up at normal speed about 4 times real time which has been about right for videos with this level of editing. Got it rendering in PD10 now.

Actually the Ivy Bridge chips can use the same 1155 socket motherboard as the Sandy Bridge chips that are popular today. They also have the same prices as current Sandy Bridge chips. The new chips actually cost Intel the same. There will be new motherboards for the highest performance with Ivy bridge, such as memory speed, but its not a requirement.

If you're currently using an AMD board or Intel 1156 it would be worth changing to Ivy Bridge when it comes out. The new architecture chips are very fast.

If you're currently using a 1366 or 2011 board, which are triple and quad channel, I'd want to see a comparison running Vegas before changing to 1155 boards, which is dual channel.
post #209 of 564
Sadly the new update also crashes.. Only crashes when rendering a TB file.

However, it's alright because when I import files into PD10, they have a horrible flicker which is annoying. Using Vegas making a 3DBD iso I get a flawless looking video with no flicker. I wanted menus, but oh well.. Quality comes first.
post #210 of 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

Don thanks again, question... When you import your files to PD10 and make a 3DBD and watch them, are you noticeing any flickering?

I have noticed dropping JVC files into PD10 causes stutter and flickering. Making them TB with Edius and dropping them makes flickering as well but no stuttering. I used Vegas to make an ISO and it was flawless. However I want menus on my movie and only PD10 can do so!

So my goal is to use Vegas and render then drop into PD10, but still getting crashes non stop. I'm gonna update and see if that helps any.

No flicker at all. It is completely film like. (not video like) as far as motion smoothness. There are some issues I have had with my most challenging subject but that has to do with beat sync of something in the scene with the 24 fps film frequency. Like shooting a TV screen or my latest flicker issue, shooting a laser light show. If the laser light show simply beams around in different directions often to the beat of music it will be fine, but when the laser is spun to a pattern, the cycling of the pattern can beat with the 24 fps and produce flicker that is not present to the naked eye.

Just watched my latest Reflections of Earth shot in 24" IA 24 FPS and it was very nice render off the PD10. Also, I discovered the 2D menus can be converted to 3D and that added a better continuity to the look of the project. This is accomplished by selecting a 2D menu and then sending it into the "edit menu" function, save it, then reselect what you saved for the project. The 3D control is not total 3D but does allow you to lift the text off the screen, either push back or pull forward. The image content remains flat, however.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Source Components
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Source Components › Vegas Pro 11 released