Originally Posted by Leftcoastdave
I just can't take it any more.
After three seasons of rudderless story telling, the finale was the worst episode I have seen in recent memory. The great photography cannot save this poorly scripted series. There will be no season four for this guy.
Riddle me this:
(1) How many more times is Durrant going to evade the law and take control of the railroad? And can they actually shoot a scene where he isn't chowing down or drinking himself into a stupor.
(2) I never recovered from Lilly's demise. Yet there seems to be a never ending supply of woman for Bohanon's fickle relationships. Lilly, Ruth, Durrant's wife, the Lesbo NY Times lady, and now a Morman teener.
(3) After the Elam - Eva get out of my house scene, I was rooting for the bear all the way. Elam seems to have anger management issues. Or he did before he became a bear appetizer. He is dead to me.
(4) I guess I missed that day in history class where they taught how violent and murderous Morman's really are. Really?
(5) These folks have amazing telescopes. They can see 5 miles away as if it were just 150 yards. Cheyenne must be closer than 5 miles from the camp because people come and go between them in just 15 minutes or so.
(6) I am particularly impressed by the endless supply of milled lumber which appears as if by magic to build windmills and houses. These railroad guys are superb craftsman with advanced engineering degrees. They must store the power tools in the garage.
(7) The housekeeping staff at the cattle lady's hotel deserve special recognition. They repaired missing or destroyed glassware, furniture, doors and windows, just in time for a big meeting with the RR board, in just a few hours it seems.
(8) Let's not forget about the gunfights and amazing marksmanship of these guys. I am pretty sure Bohanon shot 13 of the 9 guys that were pursuing him. I counted 9 guys on horses with masks and 13 guys that were shot in the town. And it only took one shot to take each of them out. Even with a speed loader accounting for 12 rounds of ammunition, Bohanon had an inexhaustible supply of ammunition without reloading. Not to be exceeded by the endless supply of Mormans of course.
(9) The Swede should have his own spinoff series. He really is a fun villain. He has more lives than a Cheshire cat.
(10) We need to pass the hat and teach Anson how to speak lines without mumbling. Honest to God, his accent deepened as the season progressed and even subtitles couldn't help. His articulation is only exceeded by the guy with the stiff upper lip on The Bridge.
(11) Okay, did they really have to break into song when laying rails? Mel Brooks came to mind when Slim Picken's asked for a good old ... work song in the 1976 classic Blazing Saddles.
(12) Call the casting department. The requisition for the chinese laborers who actually built the UP railroad has yet to be filled. It is do-over time.
(13) Kudos to the Morman seamstresses. Bohanon had a really nice wardrobe by the time he was dragged into the courtroom to face the Swede.
I need to leave now. Will one of the 4 of you who are still watching this series, please turn out the lights?