or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Micca EP600 - Page 14

post #391 of 570
Lots of drama. The bottom line is the Micca EP600 and EP950 do not put out the correct framerate with 3D material. It outputs 24Hz not 23.976Hz.. All Micca needs to do is fix the 3D output so that it is 23.976 when playing 23.976 material. It's as simple as that. They corrected it in 2D mode, they seemed to overlook 3D mode. That's what we're asking for here - the same fix in 3D mode.
post #392 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

What is the difference between 600 and 950?? Is it only the hard drive bay in 950 which is extra, everything else is same??

yup, pretty much he same.
less the hard drive, the front touch display, the fan, and usb 3.0 output.

the front display is nice, it tell us what is happening, i understand some frustration of ep600 users that are in the "dark" when micca is still booting and a minutes looks an hour.

@eagle_2

does you blu-ray player output 23.976hz ?there are any dvd , blu-ray playing physical disc that output 23,976hz ?
post #393 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

What is the difference between 600 and 950?? Is it only the hard drive bay in 950 which is extra, everything else is same??

Yes just hard drive bay.
post #394 of 570
Jack@Micca,
Can you tell me why the "scan and fix" problem is still not fixed? I reported this bug almost a year ago and have been waiting for a fix since.
post #395 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1shtaco View Post

Jack@Micca,
Can you tell me why the "scan and fix" problem is still not fixed? I reported this bug almost a year ago and have been waiting for a fix since.

one year ? you missed 4 months, micca came out in middle of october 2011

besides this problem is a windows 7 bug with some hard drives( doesn't happened in mac osx) ........yes....canton160 blaming other software and hardware....again

well read this post.....(scan and fix problem solved)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/75650-disable-scan-fix-removable-drive-notification.html

and this one

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/227778-scan-fix-removable-disk-prompt-disable-windows.html

and if you google it, you have millions os post in internetz to help you

you waited 8 months for a fix than is on internet since the stone age.
no wonder theres so much complain about all media players....people try this gadgets for 3 hours and give up to easily......meh


ps1: if you keep a file called BOOTLOG.TXT in all your hard drives the problem doesn't show up.

ps2 : and before you start whining that the scan and fix doesn't happen in wdtv and in micca does, think twice before you post without making google search about it....

wdtv scan and fix


hope that really help you and others

regards
canton
Edited by canton160 - 6/22/12 at 6:08am
post #396 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

yup, pretty much he same.
less the hard drive, the front touch display, the fan, and usb 3.0 output.
the front display is nice, it tell us what is happening, i understand some frustration of ep600 users that are in the "dark" when micca is still booting and a minutes looks an hour.
@eagle_2
does you blu-ray player output 23.976hz ?there are any dvd , blu-ray playing physical disc that output 23,976hz ?

From what I've heard others say in the past, even in the EP950 thread, blu-ray players output 23.976 properly. It seems to be media players more often that have this issue. I've never seen the 24Hz stutter when playing blu-ray discs that I was noticing on the EP950.
post #397 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

ps1: if you keep a file called BOOTLOG.TXT in all your hard drives the problem doesn't show up.
regards
canton

This should help a ton with this annoying problem. Thank you very much for this info. So if we just keep that file on the drives we use with the Micca we won't get this error? Perfect.
post #398 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post

My samsung has 400hz CRM (PAL) the equivalent to NTSC would be 480hz ( I might be wrong ) that reduces the blur and judder when watching a movie or a sport event, if the tv is capable of hidding the flaws of my media player them its a great tv and almost a perfect media player.
the ue40d6530 is a low/ average model, not a expensive LED , it cost me about 700€, its not much to ask to experience a nice movie from hard drive without issues.
(continue)

In 3D you are watching 120Hz, which is 60Hz per eye. That's what your glasses refresh at, so that's what you are seeing. The 480Hz field rate is there to help with ghosting and image brightness, but has nothing to do with the frame rate you are seeing. 60Hz does not "improve" anything over 24Hz when the source is 24Hz, but the judder does tend to hide frame drops due to the temporal noise floor being raised.
post #399 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by canton160 View Post


ps1: if you keep a file called BOOTLOG.TXT in all your hard drives the problem doesn't show up.

canton
Do we need to have anything in the bootlog.txt file?? I have couple of hard drives whenever i connect to windows 7 pc, I see that message regarding scan and fix, so i tried your solution, created bootlog.txt with just one space in the file, but i still see the scan and fix messages when i connect that drive.
post #400 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

Do we need to have anything in the bootlog.txt file?? I have couple of hard drives whenever i connect to windows 7 pc, I see that message regarding scan and fix, so i tried your solution, created bootlog.txt with just one space in the file, but i still see the scan and fix messages when i connect that drive.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/35622/disable-scan-and-fix-for-removable-drives-in-windows/
post #401 of 570
Trying to get a handle on the EP600 before buying one. I am a weary NeoTV 550 user that bailed on Netgear and need something new. I have considered going to an HTPC with XBMC (now that AudioEngine is incorporated in the nightlies), but many people seem to be having great success with the Micca so I am interested. I have read various reports regarding the lack of a "Library" mode when streaming via a local network. That said, if I want to have video artwork and I am being strapped to the file system for viewing content am I going to see all of the relevant JPGs for each title as well or does the EP600 hide those? If not, can setting the JPG to hidden at the file system level eliminate this or can the EP600 no longer see them? I gather that the EP600 cannot read embedded artwork within MKVs?

Thanks in advance for the guidance.
post #402 of 570
You'll see JPG's for movies provided you supply the folder.jpg and you're using local storage, not a network share. Re: MKV's, you can't embed artwork with them anyway as far as I'm aware.

Comparing XBMC to EP600 is a kind of an apples-to-oranges comparison. The EP600 is best suited for playback of 3D Blu-ray ISO's, which it does fairly well. If that isn't your aim, there are other, better media streamer choices.
post #403 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

You'll see JPG's for movies provided you supply the folder.jpg and you're using local storage, not a network share. Re: MKV's, you can't embed artwork with them anyway as far as I'm aware.
Comparing XBMC to EP600 is a kind of an apples-to-oranges comparison. The EP600 is best suited for playback of 3D Blu-ray ISO's, which it does fairly well. If that isn't your aim, there are other, better media streamer choices.

Thanks Brajesh for the comments. Frankly, I have no interest in the 3D aspects of the player and really just want a solid 2D performer. I am presently using a series of AppleTVs around the house and also have a NeoTV 550, as well as, extensive experience with an XBMC based HTPC. They all have their pros and cons. For me the maintenance of an HTPC is a supreme pain as I travel a lot and the family suffers the consequences. The NeoTV was unreliable and coupled with a pretty terrible interface. I really want something that has the consistent reliability of the ATV, but allows for playback of straight BD rips in MKV form with full HD audio passthrough. The Micca seems the best value at the moment (<$150).

So let me make sure I am clear on what you are saying regarding the artwork for movies. Even if I place a JPG named the same as the video file on a remote network share the Micca will not display it? Hell, even the Netgear did that.

As for the embedded artwork into an MKV, yes, it can be done via MKVmerge.
post #404 of 570
Quote:
Even if I place a JPG named the same as the video file on a remote network share the Micca will not display it?
Nope, not this particular player.

If you want a streamer that comes close to XBMC, I'd suggest Popcorn Hour A-300, Dune Smart or Mede8er MED450X2. The last one is built on Realtek's 1185 chip, which is basically like the 1186 in Micca's EP600, but without Blu-ray 3D support. Each of these three streamers support full-featured jukeboxes for media on network shares, and they all support hd audio. As for maintenance, while not as much as a HTPC, you still have some work organizing your movies, TV shows, etc., then setting up the particular jukebox in each.
post #405 of 570
Thanks again Brajesh. I am aware of the other players you mention, but I am looking for something cheaper. I can buy an AMD E-350 based PC for half the cost of one of those other players and even though there may be more maintenance involved with the PC it would still seem like the more sensible move. Honestly, I just wish the ATV could bitstream HD audio and then this would be a moot discussion, but that isn't the case. I guess back to the drawing board then.
post #406 of 570
For cheap, I'd look at the Pivos AIOS HD Media Center at $90. Another Realtek 1185 player with a custom firmware that supports a jukebox. BTW, I PM'd you on HTPC. I'm looking to try one out.
post #407 of 570
I considered the Pivos, but it has some really bad reviews surrounding the interface. I am aware that it can be flashed with custom firmware, but I haven't read much about the improvements it really brings.
post #408 of 570
There's a new firmware on the horizon that revamps the UI. Agree the current stock UI is ugly. Guess we should let this thread return to Micca discussion... PM me if you have any other media streamer questions.
post #409 of 570
If you put a poster.jpg file in each movie folder the Micca will recognize this, and it will display the poster within the UI. However, none of the Micca players support a full jukebox. I used to own an AIOS, and it is a nice media player for the money. However, I do agree that the UI is lacking, and it used ThumgGen / TiVix hack for a jukebox, which looks pretty good, but it was a PIA to set up the first time.

I've got a Dune D1 + Zappiti, which is just plain awesome, but I also got a PCH-210, which I bought on ebay for $120, which looks brand new. I just YAMJ / AEON skin with it, and it's pretty awesome too. It scanned all of my movies faster than Zappiti as well.
post #410 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

If you put a poster.jpg file in each movie folder the Micca will recognize this, and it will display the poster within the UI. However, none of the Micca players support a full jukebox. I used to own an AIOS, and it is a nice media player for the money. However, I do agree that the UI is lacking, and it used ThumgGen / TiVix hack for a jukebox, which looks pretty good, but it was a PIA to set up the first time.
I've got a Dune D1 + Zappiti, which is just plain awesome, but I also got a PCH-210, which I bought on ebay for $120, which looks brand new. I just YAMJ / AEON skin with it, and it's pretty awesome too. It scanned all of my movies faster than Zappiti as well.

I am not necessarily looking for anything fancy, but at the bare minimum I would like to have the poster art shown when using network shares. All of the other superfulous stuff like plot summary, actors, etc., I don't need. I have younger kids and would like to have them visually recognized the film rather than having to ask my wife or myself for assistance.
post #411 of 570
Unfortunately, over network it won't display the posters. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
post #412 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post

I am not necessarily looking for anything fancy, but at the bare minimum I would like to have the poster art shown when using network shares. All of the other superfulous stuff like plot summary, actors, etc., I don't need. I have younger kids and would like to have them visually recognized the film rather than having to ask my wife or myself for assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Unfortunately, over network it won't display the posters. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If it works the same as the AIOS I used to own, then all you need is to download / make a poster.jpg and place it in the folder. Rather than doing this manually, I would recommend using ThumbGen (I know this is use for the Mede8er and WDTV mainly), which will scrap the poster, metadata, art work etc. All you have to do is change the settings within ThumbGen to where it only scrapes the poster.jpg files.

This will be the fastest and easiest way to get all of your movies with a poster.jpg file in every movie folder. However, if you end up trying ThumgGen (which is free by the way), I would recommend to do all of the scrapping manually. Since the auto scrapping get the wrong information most of the time.

Here's an example of what I used to scrape with ThumbGen. I would go to my movies and press the blue button on the remote, and the AIOS would recognized the art work, and would show this:

poster-1.jpg

poster.jpg

The AIOS was awesome, until on the laster FW, the blue button would not access the art work / movies in alphabetical order. So, my kids and wife got tired of scrolling down / up until they could find the movies they wanted to watch. Anyway, you can adjust / modify what you want to be scrapped within ThumbGen. It is a pretty nice tool.


Or you can also try MyMovies. The free version will let you download poster.jpg files only. It is also an easy software to use.
post #413 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack@Micca View Post

Guys,
I apologize for being away for so long, especially to anyone who had a question for me such as Phillyphries.
The output darkening issue is a new one. I don't believe I've ever seen that reported by any other users. I've reported this but my gut feeling is that there is a compatibility issue between the two units. Someone mentioned color space and this may indeed be the underlying cause. A Blu-Ray player may be working correctly by outputting a compatible color space. I know the 1186 supports YCC and RGB color space of 24, 30 and 36-bit, but I am unsure if this is auto-negotiated as part of the HDMI protocol.
M4V is a fairly common container type, and generally speaking, the ones created by Handbrake is the same as a MP4 container. There should be no issues with the support of this container. If the player is rebooting with all M4V videos (and not just some), first I would recommend trying to remux the same files into MKV to see if the issue still exists. If the issue persists, then that points to a stability issue with that particular player and would require an exchange. If only some of the M4V files are causing issues, then I would look deeper into those videos.

Ahh jack! I must have missed this post!

There has to be something going on where it doesn't know which signal to choose maybe? My Mits is 73737 so I don't blame Micca for maybe not testing it with the 3DA-1 because it's older, but it would be awesome and a not so pointless investment after all if there will be an update coming soon that resolves this issue somehow. Maybe some more testing on Micca's side? It sounds fixable for sure

Thank you a million times for actually replying with an answer, as customer support seemed to be no help at all!

I let my uncle borrow the player and test it for the night with his new 3Dtv. If all goes well then it is for sure, a compatibility issue then isnt it
Edited by phillyphries - 7/3/12 at 2:30am
post #414 of 570
Anyway to display posters for movies in Iso format and a bunch of them all in one big say movies folder
post #415 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrini1 View Post

Anyway to display posters for movies in Iso format and a bunch of them all in one big say movies folder

yes, just change the view mode.
post #416 of 570
I'm having an issue with my EP600 G2.

The unit will occasionally freeze at startup. It won't get past the "Micca" logo, it will just freeze at that point and stay there. I
have to turn it off, then turn it back on and then it loads normally.

The firmware has been upgraded to 1.0.3.9.

Anyone else having this problem?
post #417 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfixit View Post

I'm having an issue with my EP600 G2.
The unit will occasionally freeze at startup. It won't get past the "Micca" logo, it will just freeze at that point and stay there. I
have to turn it off, then turn it back on and then it loads normally.
The firmware has been upgraded to 1.0.3.9.
Anyone else having this problem?

for does of you with ep600 g2 that don't have a front display in micca can be frustration not knowing what is happening, in micca ep950 with front panel is easier to look that system is booting, because the word boot are there in front display.

i hear a new firmware is coming so it my fix some problems.
Edited by canton160 - 7/13/12 at 12:10am
post #418 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfixit View Post

I'm having an issue with my EP600 G2.
The unit will occasionally freeze at startup. It won't get past the "Micca" logo, it will just freeze at that point and stay there. I
have to turn it off, then turn it back on and then it loads normally.
The firmware has been upgraded to 1.0.3.9.
Anyone else having this problem?

How did you upgrade to the new version? Did you do the hard recovery option or via UI? I would try re-flashing it with the new FW via hard recovery (USB option). I would try it again even if you did it via USB. I would recommend using a different USB drive as well.
post #419 of 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

How did you upgrade to the new version? Did you do the hard recovery option or via UI? I would try re-flashing it with the new FW via hard recovery (USB option). I would try it again even if you did it via USB. I would recommend using a different USB drive as well.

I used a thumb drive and did it via the UI. I did NOT use the recovery method.

The simple method was what was recommended in the paper manual that came with the player.

I am not using a hard drive to play files, I am using 2 card readers each with a 16 GB class 10 SD card.

It works fine 99% of the time, even if I'm playing files for hours and hours, it's just that startup glitch
I am having an issue with.

If it keeps happening, I'll try reflashing the "hard" way.
post #420 of 570
I reflashed the hard way and I'm getting the behavior you describe. It probably happens 25% of the time. When it happens I simply power off the box (with my remote) and then turn the box back on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home