or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › HiMedia HD900B Full 3D Media Streamer (Realtek 1186-based)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiMedia HD900B Full 3D Media Streamer (Realtek 1186-based) - Page 47

post #1381 of 1566
I'm helping my parents set this baby up,

I get a problem tho, when it starts up it'll flash HiMedia in a bright blue screen and then the signal dissapears.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Also, is there anywhere I can find a translation of the remote in english?

Thanks a lot everyone
post #1382 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakin8 View Post

I get a problem tho, when it starts up it'll flash HiMedia in a bright blue screen and then the signal dissapears.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Press the tv mode button on the remote to toggle through the video output modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakin8 View Post

Also, is there anywhere I can find a translation of the remote in english?

Does the user manual help?http://www.futeko.com/navpage/support.php
Not entirely sure what else you mean other than you're in another country and remotes not labeled in English?
post #1383 of 1566
On the futeko site there is another custom FW not made by OllyP. From what I read it's pretty good!
post #1384 of 1566
well something is F%#&ing wrong with it. I am not able to stream 1080p 24 with DTS-HD audio via cat6 without it cutting out every second. The stock version 1.0.1.13 it came with worked better. I know most don't use lossless audio, but there is such a difference between 16bit audio and 24. This player should work better then the DUNE, but it doesn't.
post #1385 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokushiroku View Post

well something is F%#&ing wrong with it. I am not able to stream 1080p 24 with DTS-HD audio via cat6 without it cutting out every second. The stock version 1.0.1.13 it came with worked better. I know most don't use lossless audio, but there is such a difference between 16bit audio and 24. This player should work better then the DUNE, but it doesn't.

Lol work better then a dune? Right I guess a yugo should work better then a BMW!
post #1386 of 1566
Anyone use NFS with this player yet?
post #1387 of 1566
Is the Micca firmware fully compatible with the 900B?
post #1388 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloZoe View Post

On the futeko site there is another custom FW not made by OllyP. From what I read it's pretty good!

Hell yeaaa , by far the best
post #1389 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaras27 View Post

Hell yeaaa , by far the best

Which one is it? Link?
post #1390 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokushiroku View Post

which one is it? Link?

+1
post #1391 of 1566
post #1392 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post

this one http://www.futeko.com/forum/index.ph...thread&id=3117

BHH

I tried this and also does not work well for streaming. I am a little confused, all I keep hearing is about 3D playback issues. 3D is a gimmick is it not? Am I the only one that uses this unit for streaming 1080p 24 Hz with 24bit lossless audio. None of the new firmware's work well with streaming with lan. Is this not why most of us purchased a 900b to stream blu-rays from different computers with external hard drives via Windows media center? I have once again reverted back to the original firmware (1.0.0.26.) that came with my unit. This is the only firmware I have used that can stream HD content over cat6 cable without error, except for The Immortals. For some reason I think the frame rate is much higher on this mkv file due to the 185 aspect ratio and higher bit rate. Does anyone else have better firmware or input on the 900b? I purchased a D1 just as a backup in case this fails. There is no reason why this unit should not work better or equal to a Dune player.
post #1393 of 1566
the 900b gets crappy firmware updates from himedia-I have the 900b and a dune.The 900b is crap compared to the dune.The dune wont play 3D tho.Just look at the micca 950 thread--its the same unit rebadged and you will get more answers there to the problems.Himedia are non existent for help. I am waiting on a new dune with 3D capabilities so the 900b can be thrown like many others here.The Realtek chips in the 900b is the problem and always have been.Realtek is considered by most as inferior and the problem over their generations.
post #1394 of 1566
Dune does play HSBS 3d But not ISOs, no.
post #1395 of 1566
Well technically anything will play a half sbs, since it's just a regular video file. But part of half sbs support is the ability to swap left/right frames, handle subs properly, handle 3d menus for viewing with the glasses on, etc.
post #1396 of 1566
Anyone experience the "Not create DB" error? I tried deleting all files except the media files from the HDD but without luck. Using the "delete all media library" option under the System Settings has a reverse effect, after a reboot all previously deleted movies show up again. Off course I cannot play them since the files are not on disk anymore but the File Manager still shows them. Problem is that newly added content (transfered over the LAN) does not showup and the Movies button doesn't work as a result of the missing DB. I can only select movies through the File Manager -> HDD. The Green button that is supposed to rescan and update the DB is giving me a stop sign (red circle for invalid command I guess) when using it under File Manager or File Manager - HDD.
post #1397 of 1566
Thread Starter 
I'd take the HDD out, connect it to a PC and delete the files created by HD900B, keeping only your movies and other media. Then, put it back in, go to 'Movies' and let it rescan when you're prompted.
post #1398 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

I'd take the HDD out, connect it to a PC and delete the files created by HD900B, keeping only your movies and other media. Then, put it back in, go to 'Movies' and let it rescan when you're prompted.

Thanks Brajesh but when I connect it to my computer using eSata I only see the movies and nothing else. Hidden files & folders are turned on. Any idea how to get to those files the HD900B created? The library files should be there somewhere I would say.
post #1399 of 1566
had stuttering on dvd series here the other night on the 900b and then played on the dune.The dune didnt show any sign what so ever of stuttering--god I hate the 900b piece of crap
post #1400 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by denass View Post

had stuttering on dvd series here the other night on the 900b and then played on the dune.The dune didnt show any sign what so ever of stuttering--god I hate the 900b piece of crap

You are not the only one!
post #1401 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

You are not the only one!

some are fine on the 900b but the ones that play up really bug me especially when the dune plays it fine.I was looking forward to watching series on the tv using the 900b and now have to use the projector.I changed the video settings in the 900b for over a hour trying to get it to play fine --did improve alittle but hate the stuttering--apparently the micca is the same and they are trying to do something in the firmware to fix--jack is saying its half firmware half hardware--this unit is the same as the 900b and himedia isnt doing a thing.
If you think of buying a 900b and fussy about image stay away.I wish dune had the new 3d range coming out soon and the 900b is in the bin
post #1402 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by denass View Post

had stuttering on dvd series here the other night on the 900b and then played on the dune.The dune didnt show any sign what so ever of stuttering--god I hate the 900b piece of crap

How long have you had this item. I would try to send it back for a refund. I ordered 2 of these from Futeko and faced nothing but problems in streaming, play any video would stutter but play fine from any other media player, subtitles always played late, 3d crashing and skipping, switching from 3d to 2d always crashed and restarted the HD900b, hard drive not loading and needed restarts to make it appear and a load of other issues overall it was a below par media player and seemed to struggle on the most basic things let alone on 3d. I contacted Futeko and explained i wanted a refund but he refused and wanted a repair or to test it as i had it for 35 days. I then opened a Paypal claim and let them decide and they granted in my favour where i sent the crappy HD900B back and got my refund of £290. Staying away from Himedia and Realtek waiting for the sigma chip. How is it possible that a wdtv live out preformed the much more expensive and higher spec HD900b in every way. I thought this hd900b would preform as good as my HDX1000 did, boy was i wrong. I even almost purchased a third box before fully testing the HD900b. There was no way i was going to wait for a good bug fix update that may never materialize. If you can send it back and for future purchases pay with paypal then you dont have to worry about shops pushing their 7 days returns terms and conditions on you, visa/mc may also be able to get you a refund.
post #1403 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars109 View Post

How long have you had this item. I would try to send it back for a refund. I ordered 2 of these from Futeko and faced nothing but problems in streaming, play any video would stutter but play fine from any other media player, subtitles always played late, 3d crashing and skipping, switching from 3d to 2d always crashed and restarted the HD900b, hard drive not loading and needed restarts to make it appear and a load of other issues overall it was a below par media player and seemed to struggle on the most basic things let alone on 3d. I contacted Futeko and explained i wanted a refund but he refused and wanted a repair or to test it as i had it for 35 days. I then opened a Paypal claim and let them decide and they granted in my favour where i sent the crappy HD900B back and got my refund of £290. Staying away from Himedia and Realtek waiting for the sigma chip. How is it possible that a wdtv live out preformed the much more expensive and higher spec HD900b in every way. I thought this hd900b would preform as good as my HDX1000 did, boy was i wrong. I even almost purchased a third box before fully testing the HD900b. There was no way i was going to wait for a good bug fix update that may never materialize. If you can send it back and for future purchases pay with paypal then you dont have to worry about shops pushing their 7 days returns terms and conditions on you, visa/mc may also be able to get you a refund.

I hacked mine up and made a custom case as it got very hot with a hdd inside--was hoping for a fix but it wont come.Futeko has known for ages how bad 900b is and no support from himedia.Its crap how it plays and the heat it generates--there is no ventilation vents to let the air out only in--very bad design flaw.Mine is going in the bin when the next generation dune comes out.Unless they get a fix then I will give it away.Futeko said the dune is old tech and the 900b far avanced but it cant play basic files as good as the dune--people are starting to wake up to just how bad this thing is.
post #1404 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by denass View Post

I hacked mine up and made a custom case as it got very hot with a hdd inside--was hoping for a fix but it wont come.Futeko has known for ages how bad 900b is and no support from himedia.Its crap how it plays and the heat it generates--there is no ventilation vents to let the air out only in--very bad design flaw.Mine is going in the bin when the next generation dune comes out.Unless they get a fix then I will give it away.Futeko said the dune is old tech and the 900b far avanced but it cant play basic files as good as the dune--people are starting to wake up to just how bad this thing is.

Oh yeah i remember seeing your mod a few months back. Looked good. The worst thing about it is if you try to sell it you may get a decent price but also may have to wast money on postage as the buyer might claim a refund back from you as this HD900b don't preform properly. Giving it away will also probably give nothing but problems, (how do you stop the stuttering, how comes it crashes all the time.) Best place is in the bin, cant even use this crap as a standard media player for 2d without issues. Maybe we are just one of the unlucky ones who got a bad box. But i think hi media should have just built a proper media program without these basic problems and their firmware releases often don't really fix the main problems. They rushed this box out to be the first 3d media player and thought about firmware after.
post #1405 of 1566
wouldnt sell it to anyone--I would feel guilty.Does anyone know which is the best firmware to reduce the stutter/judder.Andromeda series I have is the worst but plays fine on the dune.
Cant agree more with you just how bad the 900b is
post #1406 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by denass View Post

wouldnt sell it to anyone--I would feel guilty.Does anyone know which is the best firmware to reduce the stutter/judder.Andromeda series I have is the worst but plays fine on the dune.
Cant agree more with you just how bad the 900b is

Not all people have the same experience with this box that you do. While it certainly has a lot of warts it does a decent job of playing 3D isos where 3:2 pull down mask the studder many are seeing. I use local hard drives and do not try to stream. However since Micca EP950 is the same box for less many I wish I would have waited.
post #1407 of 1566
anyone managed to modify the latest xtreamer fw v3.5RC2 to work on the 900b?

http://www.xtreamer.net/ver3.5/
post #1408 of 1566
I've had the player from launch and to be fair its been fine I also have the Wd live streaming which in my opinion is far better and as soon as something better comes along I will get shut of it, it promised so much and does look the part. I have a few questions how do you stop it playing the next file straight away and secondly how do you get true HD audio out of it, what should all the audio settings be, I have the very latest custom fw on it and have it connected through HDMI to my Onkyo amp.

What would other suggest as a replacement, it seems the Dune is a favorite does anyone have a link.
post #1409 of 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly69 View Post

I've had the player from launch and to be fair its been fine I also have the Wd live streaming which in my opinion is far better and as soon as something better comes along I will get shut of it, it promised so much and does look the part. I have a few questions how do you stop it playing the next file straight away and secondly how do you get true HD audio out of it, what should all the audio settings be, I have the very latest custom fw on it and have it connected through HDMI to my Onkyo amp.

What would other suggest as a replacement, it seems the Dune is a favorite does anyone have a link.

http://dune-hd.com/
post #1410 of 1566
cheers mate
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › HiMedia HD900B Full 3D Media Streamer (Realtek 1186-based)