Originally Posted by Mikazaru
I'm a big proponent of the Vita and even I'm bored to death with it.
I can understand that things are a bit slow right now, but there was so many good launch games that I just don't see the need to be that concerned with the Vita right now. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and maybe I'm on an island all by myself, but I really thought that Sony had a great lineup of games for the Vita's launch window. Here are my favorite Vita games so far:
1. Hot Shots Golf - This game is just pure joy. Amazing graphics. Playability is superb. What's not to like ?
2. Fifa Soccer - This has to be one of the greatest portable sports games ever made. Seriously..... I mean, when I'm playing Fifa on the Vita, it very much feels like I have a portable PS3 in my hands. If only it supported adhoc multiplayer.
3. Rayman Origins - I honestly wasn't in love with the 360/PS3 version of this game, but I find the Vita version to be excellent.
4. Uncharted: GA - Not quite as good as it's bigger brothers on the PS3, still this portable version of Uncharted does a remarkably good job of bringing that Uncharted flavor to a portable system
5. Super Stardust Delta - Just another game showing that the Vita is a very capable piece of kit. Excellent color, sound and gameplay.
6. Mortal Kombat - I'm not a huge fighting game fan, but I'm very impressed with the portable version of this game. I think the new MK is the best MK game in a very long time, and the Vita version is just as good as the console versions. Sure, it's missing some polygons here and there, but not that big a deal.
7. Wipeout 2048 - Wipeout on the original PSP was amazing, so it's only fitting that the Vita gets an amazing version as well. This is another graphical tour de force for the Vita.
8. Virtua Tennis 4 - I haven't actually played this game yet, but I've seen videos of it in action, and have heard such amazing things about this game. I need to get my hands on a copy.
9. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - Don't have this game yet, but have heard nothing but excellent things about it.
10. Treasures of Montezuma Blitz - I actually enjoy playing this game every single day. I've yet to pay ANY money at all to Sony for this game. I just do the free trials, and I'm perfectly happy with it.
11. Unit 13 - Don't own the game, but enjoyed the demo despite the horrible enemy A.I. Sure, it might not be the greatest game in the world, but pretty solid, and the graphics are very nice for a portable.
12. Resistance: Burning Skies - Haven't played the full game, and I know that the campaign is short and the multiplayer leaves MUCH to be desired, but I still find the game pretty cool. Will pick it up when I can get it for a 20 spot.
13. MLB 12 The Show - This game on Vita is damn good. I'm just not a huge baseball fan, or I'd be more into it.
14. Gravity Rush - I'm not a huge, huge, huge fan of the demo, but did enjoy it. Wouldn't mind checking out the full game at some point
15. Pinball Arcade - Played the demo and really enjoyed the demo. Not a bad little pinball game.
16. Escape Plan - Unique IP developed specifically for the Vita, not bad at all.....
17. ModNation Racers: Road Trip - I know most people think this game blows, but I picked it up for a 10 spot from GameStop when they had that sale, and I think it's relatively decent.
18. Lego Batman 2 : DC Super Heroes - I've heard some kinda good things about the console version of this game, haven't heard about the Vita version yet.
Anyways, I just listed 18 games, not all of them are sensational games, but all of them are games that I would either like to play, or have already played. So, I'm perfectly happy with the Vita right about now. I've got more games to play on that thing, than I can shake a stick at, so I'm not really stressing for more releases. Next game I'm really looking forward to is Madden on Vita. Hoping it's good.