or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › PlayStation Meeting 2013 (PS4 unveiling - conference replay in first post)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PlayStation Meeting 2013 (PS4 unveiling - conference replay in first post) - Page 56

post #1651 of 1994
Coming Holiday 2013
post #1652 of 1994
Best part of that presentation? "Hey, this box will do all that media stuff too...but that's not why we're here."

Here's some games. Want more games? Maybe a few more games?

Amazing.
post #1653 of 1994
Wildly lame ending to a great presentation. No price talk, no release date, and lots of unanswered questions. Guess they're waiting for Microsoft to announce first.
post #1654 of 1994
I'm still really curious WTF the system looks like.
post #1655 of 1994
Great presentation for me. All about games. Can't wait.
post #1656 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Best part of that presentation? "Hey, this box will do all that media stuff too...but that's not why we're here."

Here's some games. Want more games? Maybe a few more games?

Amazing.
I loved this too. I am so glad that they are focusing on the things we buy consoles for, you know games.
post #1657 of 1994
What a disappointment at the end there.

-No price
-No specific date
-Nothing on backwards compatibility
-Nothing on used games
-Nothing on DualShock 3 compatibility
-No unveiling of the actual system.

Yay, you showed off some cool games. Cool.
post #1658 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

Ouch, that's gotta sting for MS.

I'm not sure - I bet that they announce exclusive (yet different) content to Xbox as well.
post #1659 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Best part of that presentation? "Hey, this box will do all that media stuff too...but that's not why we're here."

Here's some games. Want more games? Maybe a few more games?

Amazing.

Yep, Sony put Games front and center, the new controller, Move, barely mentioned. It was all about how the PS4 would enhance gaming.
post #1660 of 1994
They have to have something to talk about at E3. I didn't figure we'd see them declare a price or launch date tonight.

Sort of surprised that the console's appearance wasn't revealed though.
post #1661 of 1994
Day one purchase, wife approved.

Folks are going to be hard pressed to say that Sony didn't deliver AND impress in this press conference. I don't think any of us expected this level of disclosure.
post #1662 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Best part of that presentation? "Hey, this box will do all that media stuff too...but that's not why we're here."

Here's some games. Want more games? Maybe a few more games?

Amazing.

Yeah, that was fantastic.

Sony did a great job while still leaving a lot for e3.
post #1663 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyb09 View Post

Wildly lame ending to a great presentation. No price talk, no release date, and lots of unanswered questions. Guess they're waiting for Microsoft to announce first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I'm still really curious WTF the system looks like.

They got to leave something for E3...

My fear, $600. If the GPU and RAM sticks, not out of the question.
post #1664 of 1994
It's going to be new and innovative design. It will be a complete sphere. So the game will not only be in the software, but the hardware itself, in that you will have fun trying to keep it still.
post #1665 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondoman View Post

What a disappointment at the end there.

-No price
-No specific date
-Nothing on backwards compatibility
-Nothing on used games
-Nothing on DualShock 3 compatibility
-No unveiling of the actual system.

Yay, you showed off some cool games. Cool.

There is no native BC. The rest should be shown at E3 and TGS at the latest.
post #1666 of 1994
Good press conference... except they didn't show the actual hardware!! I guess they're saving it for E3 (maybe it's not finalized yet or they want to steal some of MS's thunder). Also, having the Final Fantasy brand director teasing an announcent for E3 was pretty disappointing.
post #1667 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

They have to have something to talk about at E3. I didn't figure we'd see them declare a price or launch date tonight.

Sort of surprised that the console's appearance wasn't revealed though.

The controller looked pretty slick though, my guess is we get something sexy for the console too. Sony usually goes overboard in style for their first gen, before scaling back for the slims.
post #1668 of 1994
The rumor is that Microsoft is holding an event prior to E3 to announce the Xbox, correct (in Paris I believe)?
post #1669 of 1994
Quote:
I guess we have to tune in to E3 where they’ll announce a price and maybe actually show the system. I really have to question the idea of premiering a new console without either showing what it physically looks like or even hinting at a price. Even though there was a ton crammed into this evening, that ended on a rather sour note. You would think the finale would have been about the system itself, but they handed it to Bungie who didn’t actually show much of anything new from their game anyway.

Regardless of legnth, the presentation felt incomplete without the price/product at the end, even if we did see games, the controller and hear a vague release date. It might have been better to just do it all at E3 if they were going to leave out two pieces of the puzzle that were that important.
post #1670 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

Day one purchase, wife approved.

Folks are going to be hard pressed to say that Sony didn't deliver AND impress in this press conference. I don't think any of us expected this level of disclosure.

Yeah, they really went above and beyond. I was expected a hour long hardware reveal, and this was more epic than their usual e3 pressers.
post #1671 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

It's going to be new and innovative design. It will be a complete sphere. So the game will not only be in the software, but the hardware itself, in that you will have fun trying to keep it still.

post #1672 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondoman View Post

What a disappointment at the end there.

-No price
-No specific date
-Nothing on backwards compatibility
-Nothing on used games
-Nothing on DualShock 3 compatibility
-No unveiling of the actual system.

Yay, you showed off some cool games. Cool.

Good thing since that's the whole point of a game console. It'll probably cost around 500 bucks, no backwards compatibility, who cares about used games, and I have no problem retiring my Dualshock. The only thing I agree with you about is the actual system, but I'm sure, given Sony's history, that it will look pretty cool.
post #1673 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Self publishing for indies eh?
I must have missed this, and I haven't seen it reported anywhere. Got deets? That would be huge news (for me).
post #1674 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyb09 View Post

The rumor is that Microsoft is holding an event prior to E3 to announce the Xbox, correct (in Paris I believe)?

The French are avid gamers and a huge marketplace, so that's a good call right there.
post #1675 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMonMan View Post

This new Halo Destiny looks fantastic. Several great looking games revealed. Now talk about the console and other features already!

I'd be in for that.
post #1676 of 1994
$500 really is the cheapest they can make it and not take a major loss. If Move is included...

Sony really is taking a gamble on this machine. That 8GB GDDR5 is going to cost them well over $100 per console. The GPU will be $75+ The CPU $75+

This thing will not be cheap. Whoever organized this show knows how to build hype. Everything that could really kill their hype train was not mentioned. (lack of BC hurts, but the PS3 will be sold for another 5 years plus.)
post #1677 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

I must have missed this, and I haven't seen it reported anywhere. Got deets? That would be huge news.

No details, but he clearly said self publishing.
post #1678 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Yeah, they really went above and beyond. I was expected a hour long hardware reveal, and this was more epic than their usual e3 pressers.
+1
post #1679 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

$500 really is the cheapest they can make it and not take a major loss. If Move is included...

Sony really is taking a gamble on this machine. That 8GB GDDR5 is going to cost them well over $100 per console. The GPU will be $75+ The CPU $75+

This thing will not be cheap. Whoever organized this show knows how to build hype. Everything that could really kill their hype train was not mentioned. (lack of BC hurts, but the PS3 will be sold for another 5 years plus.)

I don't understand the BC issue at all. I have two PS3s and I don't plan on getting rid of either one of them. So WTF? Most people junk their old consoles or what?
post #1680 of 1994
Thing I like most is it sounds like Sony went more with Silicon Valley, than their R&D in Japan this time it seems. Talking about simplicity, elegance, and leveraging it to create a deep experience is really something that has been lacking with stuff coming out of Japan. It's the difference between AOL and google, so it's good they atleast understand their problems from last gen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › PlayStation Meeting 2013 (PS4 unveiling - conference replay in first post)