or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Once Upon a Time" on ABC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Once Upon a Time" on ABC HD - Page 37

post #1081 of 1237
I watch this show and put up with the soap opera aspect bu this last one,,,they really brought the bubbles up,
post #1082 of 1237
This was the worst episode of the series
post #1083 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

That scene didn't make a lot of sense. "The Dragon" is this powerful wizard with an onboard smoke machine who can levitate and glower menacingly. He's familiar with all the trappings of the modern world. Yet he's never seen a taser? He can cure cancer, defeat powerful spells cast in another world, but can't defend himself from a lousy, freakin' taser? And wood is non-conductive so August should have just laughed that one off as the one benefit of his transformation. Chile', please.

Honestly, I'm only still watching because of the goodwill the show generated in S-1 and the hope it can re-discover some of that "magic". But it's getting harder and harder to justify the 42 minutes a week.

I have to agree .. the show is quickly losing interest for me .. not so much the fantasy and unbelievable aspects, but it just feels like it's lost focus and going off in too many directions .. and now, I guess we have Robin Hood coming on board and what he's got to do with anything, I have no idea ..

I need to trim back the DVR anyway and it may be time to cut the cord on OUAT ..
post #1084 of 1237
When does Darth Vader show up?
post #1085 of 1237
The idea of tazing a wooden boy might seem impossible... until you stop and remind yourself... it is a talking magic living wooden boy! Who knows what vulnerabilities that brings with it.

Pinnochio gets a reboot/do-over... and loses all his adult memories, which is convenient to keeping the badgirl a secret. I do so hate that old faithful plot convention... many a show has done that, where the baddie gets away by revealing him/herself to a person who gets amnesia.
post #1086 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

The idea of tazing a wooden boy might seem impossible... until you stop and remind yourself... it is a talking magic living wooden boy! Who knows what vulnerabilities that brings with it.

I would have been more impressed if she had attacked him with a bag of termites.
post #1087 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I would have been more impressed if she had attacked him with a bag of termites.

Good one ..
post #1088 of 1237
And she could have dispatched Mr. Smoke Dragon with a Dustbuster. tongue.gif

This show seems to lack imagination this season. Which is a problem in a show about fairy tales.
post #1089 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Since when does a taser kill someone? And since when would taser do anything to solid wood?????

I laughed when I saw that scene. I said the same thing, wait he's made of wood that can't happen . Still used in the fire service as ladders. I'm still trying to accept the whole Regina pulling out hearts. Anyone remember "Five Fingers Of death"? biggrin.gif
post #1090 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

Anyone remember "Five Fingers Of death"? biggrin.gif

Kill Bill 2?
post #1091 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

That scene didn't make a lot of sense. "The Dragon" is this powerful wizard with an onboard smoke machine who can levitate and glower menacingly. He's familiar with all the trappings of the modern world. Yet he's never seen a taser? He can cure cancer, defeat powerful spells cast in another world, but can't defend himself from a lousy, freakin' taser? And wood is non-conductive so August should have just laughed that one off as the one benefit of his transformation. Chile', please.

Honestly, I'm only still watching because of the goodwill the show generated in S-1 and the hope it can re-discover some of that "magic". But it's getting harder and harder to justify the 42 minutes a week.

I flashed back to the first Indiana Jones movie where the guy was showing off all his fancy sword moves, Indy pulls out his pistol and shoots him.
post #1092 of 1237
You're watching Once Upon a Time and complaining about something being unrealistic? Seriously? biggrin.gif
post #1093 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post

You're watching Once Upon a Time and complaining about something being unrealistic? Seriously? biggrin.gif
I'm glad I wasn't the first one to say this. Yeah, he's made of wood, but most people don't see him as wood, and he is animate, and can think, and talk, so the taser thing is hardly the least believable aspect of the story.

I am thinking that when Dragon said she hadn't really seen the real him, and the smoke came out of him, that his "body" wasn't really alive at all, it was merely animated by him. The taser did nothing. The body "died" when Dragon left it, in smoke form.
post #1094 of 1237
My expectation was that he was about to reveal himself to be real dragon and she was in deep trouble. I felt let-down when the taser defeated him.

FWIW, tasers have caused more than 500 fatalities in the U.S. since 2001.
See
http://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform/tasers-no-longer-non-lethal-alternative-law-enforcement
post #1095 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post


FWIW, tasers have caused more than 500 fatalities in the U.S. since 2001.
See
http://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform/tasers-no-longer-non-lethal-alternative-law-enforcement

I wonder if any of those folks were made of wood?
post #1096 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I wonder if any of those folks were made of wood?

No but I can tell you first hand as a Firefighter/Paramedic that the device does what it was intended to do. Middle of the night and on scene with PD whom had subdued a gentlemen that was bigger than 99% of all of us on here and he was compliant after he was "lit up". Still very agitated but compliant I did not want to play asphalt wrestling match getting him into the Ambulance. Department Policy to transport them with the barbs still attached for an ER doctor to remove only! Just in case they decide to be non compliant.
post #1097 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I wonder if any of those folks were made of wood?
Did any of them weigh the same as a duck?
post #1098 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I wonder if any of those folks were made of wood?
Did any of them weigh the same as a duck?
post #1099 of 1237
There was an interview with the show's producer or the show runner, I forget who exactly, where the issue is addressed: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
He said that this was NOT your average taser, but a greatly modified one.
post #1100 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

My expectation was that he was about to reveal himself to be real dragon and she was in deep trouble. I felt let-down when the taser defeated him.

FWIW, tasers have caused more than 500 fatalities in the U.S. since 2001.
See
http://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform/tasers-no-longer-non-lethal-alternative-law-enforcement

And there are thousands of people tased every year. Storybrooke is battting a thousand, two tased, two dead.
post #1101 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

There was an interview with the show's producer or the show runner, I forget who exactly, where the issue is addressed: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
He said that this was NOT your average taser, but a greatly modified one.

Oh, well sure. Now it makes sense.
post #1102 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

My expectation was that he was about to reveal himself to be real dragon and she was in deep trouble. I felt let-down when the taser defeated him.

Same here. It was a lame exit for a powerful wizard.

I also thought the turn-August-back-into-a-boy ploy was a little too convenient both so that the new bad guy/girl could stay unrevealed and he could also be removed as a love interest for Emma. Pinnochio didn't lose his memories the first time he turned back to a boy, why this time other than a plot device?
post #1103 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Wadsworth View Post

Same here. It was a lame exit for a powerful wizard.

I also thought the turn-August-back-into-a-boy ploy was a little too convenient both so that the new bad guy/girl could stay unrevealed and he could also be removed as a love interest for Emma. Pinnochio didn't lose his memories the first time he turned back to a boy, why this time other than a plot device?

Because it feels like they are making it up as they go along. The producer's reply cannot be serious? You aren't supposed to pay attention to details. biggrin.gif
post #1104 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

I laughed when I saw that scene. I said the same thing, wait he's made of wood that can't happen . Still used in the fire service as ladders. I'm still trying to accept the whole Regina pulling out hearts. Anyone remember "Five Fingers Of death"? biggrin.gif
Are you referring to the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique?
post #1105 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

My expectation was that he was about to reveal himself to be real dragon and she was in deep trouble. I felt let-down when the taser defeated him.

FWIW, tasers have caused more than 500 fatalities in the U.S. since 2001.
See
http://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform/tasers-no-longer-non-lethal-alternative-law-enforcement

Every time I see one of those taser demos, I think, "Let's see you do a realistic demo. How about in the middle of street in Phoenix in July when it's 118F in the shade and the surface temp of the black asphalt is about 160F. And nobody to catch you when you go down so you're pretty much guaranteed to bash your head on the pavement hard enough to cause a concussion."
post #1106 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by asterion View Post

Did any of them weigh the same as a duck?

Or perhaps very small rocks?
post #1107 of 1237
Clearly a great episode this week, judging by all the commotion around here. LOL

I actually haven't watched it yet. Gonna tonight.
post #1108 of 1237
You know, watching this after GoT started, a lot of it is so corny, predictable and forgettable.

There's a moment where Gold and the mayor have an amusing discussion, and a predictable development with Gold and Belle was kind of funny. Not much else I remember.
post #1109 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut4772 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterion View Post

Did any of them weigh the same as a duck?

Or perhaps very small rocks?

Apples!
post #1110 of 1237
So they gave Belle a "bad girl" personality, she was even enjoying Gold beating up that guy...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Once Upon a Time" on ABC HD