or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Once Upon a Time" on ABC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Once Upon a Time" on ABC HD - Page 39

post #1141 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post

Namor would be more likely.

Namor is also a Prince. Wow, that would place "two Princes" together in the series. Cue Spin Doctors music. wink.gif
post #1142 of 1237
I just have a feeling a confrontation between the Dark One and Pan is going to be very intense. These are the two most powerful characters on the show so far and Pan, according to the Lost Boy, can kill Rumple without the magic dagger. I assumed the Dark One had unlimited magical power and was immortal - we've seen swords and arrows pierce Rumple and he shrugged it off like it was nothing. So I'm really curious what kind of magical power Pan possesses that could kill Rumple. I think what is most concerning is that Rumple admitted that he would not survive a direct confrontation, so I'm really not sure what Pan is. The source of all magic?
post #1143 of 1237
Is this where I point out yet again that in most sources Excalibur was not the sword in the stone but the one given to Arthur by the Lady of the Lake?
post #1144 of 1237
Of course, they weren't the same sword. But the writers have already done so much damage to all of the myths, what's one more mis-statement? And anyhow, why would you expect Charming to have any more knowledge of other myths than the average viewer does? He's just an ex-farmer.

With regard to Rumple's vulnerability, we already have been shown that he's sensitive to one of Neverland's plant toxins. For all we know, though, he might have recovered without Snow's intervention. Certainly cutting off his shadow himself, along with hiding the knife, would seem to have provided some protection from what we've been shown of Pan's control over shadows.

But powers in Neverland are based on belief. If Rumple believes he's vulnerable, then he's vulnerable. Rumple's and the Queen's magic work because they believe it will, not because Neverland has the same magical underpinnings as their homeland. However, that basis for power makes all sorts of things possible if the writers let the characters actually realize believe it. I doubt the story lines will be that sophisticated, though.
post #1145 of 1237
This new series, is that going to be separate from this?
post #1146 of 1237
It's completely separate. There was a brief "preview" during last night's presentation of Once. Different characters with different goals: Alice searching for her long-lost love. The main supporting actor is quite familiar if you've seen seasons 4 & 5 of the BBC version of Being Human.
post #1147 of 1237
I think I stopped caring about the flashbacks, nothing we have seen before and why they needed to explain that?

Only positive thing on those flashbacks was Lana Parrilla showing a lot of cleavage
post #1148 of 1237
Thanks. I hope they don't go way off kilter as was done here. wink.gif
post #1149 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I'm still surprised Disney approved Peter Pan to be a evil guy even more evil and powerful than Rumple

The actor playing him looks creepy enough..

I don't think Disney owns the rights to Peter Pan.

I remember looking into this several years ago because someone else made a PP movie. I just looked again & J. M. Barrie who created PP gave the rights to the Great Ormond Street Hospital in the UK. According to this & other links it may be in the public domain.
http://www.jmbarrie.co.uk/msgbrd/index.php?topic=732.0

From what I could find it looks like Disney had exclusive animation rights.
http://www.gosh.org/gen/peterpan/copyright/faq/#disney
post #1150 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post

I don't think Disney owns the rights to Peter Pan.

But they own the show and the network.
post #1151 of 1237
As a kid, I had Peter Pan (Disney version) bedsheets... and I always found the image of Peter Pan on my pillow to be VERY creepy...
post #1152 of 1237
So HDMe2, what are your feelings towards a Rumple vs Pan showdown? Any theories as to how Pan can be more powerful than Rumple?
post #1153 of 1237
So far Pan hasn't displayed any magical power at all. So I'm wondering if Pan's power is his shadow stripping abilities or if he actually does have magical power and has yet to reveal it. He could have used it in the confrontation with the gang, but did not. So far he's looked a little .... ordinary. A far cry from what Rumple said, how everyone should fear him.
post #1154 of 1237
In order to defeat Peter Pan I vote for all three women to "flash" Pan next time and see what happens. biggrin.gif
post #1155 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieS View Post

So HDMe2, what are your feelings towards a Rumple vs Pan showdown? Any theories as to how Pan can be more powerful than Rumple?

The easy answer is... because this is his realm and not Rumple's... Rumple has proven to be vulnerable in other realms... and someone else noted already that Hook told them the poison he used to nearly kill Rumple was from those thorns in Neverland... so we already have one way for that to go down.

But.

I'm still thinking we are being fed a huge misdirect.

I think the endgame ultimately will be that Pan and the Lost Boys aren't bad guys at all... but rather the shadow creature is the bad guy... and the kids are under his thrall and have no choice. I suspect we are headed towards a big rescue of Pan and all the Lost Boys rather than defeating them.
post #1156 of 1237
I don't think this has been discussed yet, but any theories as to why Rumple used a cane in Storybrooke? If he was the Dark One then why would he need a cane? He only left the cane once he was transported to Neverland. Interesting. Perhaps Rumple had a fight against Pan re "nothing has changed" which left him injured. But if that was the case then surely he would have healed himself? Not sure, but I find it odd why he was using a cane throughout season 1 and 2.

Any takers?
post #1157 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post

I don't think this has been discussed yet, but any theories as to why Rumple used a cane in Storybrooke? If he was the Dark One then why would he need a cane? He only left the cane once he was transported to Neverland. Interesting. Perhaps Rumple had a fight against Pan re "nothing has changed" which left him injured. But if that was the case then surely he would have healed himself? Not sure, but I find it odd why he was using a cane throughout season 1 and 2.

Any takers?

Rumple injured himself to get out of the war... he permanently injured himself when he was in human form... only later when he became the Dark One did he lose the limp... in Storybrooke, he was human again... and the limp was back per the curse from Regina. Even after magic was brought to Storybrooke everyone had two lives... their "real" life and their curse-life... so Rumple isn't full Dark One in Storybrooke and thus, he keeps the limp as he is in human form.

When they leave... and go to Neverland... he is no longer hostage to the curse. He has been to Neverland before... and as they established "what you believe is real"... so in Neverland he believes he doesn't have a limp, so he doesn't.

Expect the limp to come back if/when they go back to Storybrooke.
post #1158 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

In order to defeat Peter Pan I vote for all three women to "flash" Pan next time and see what happens. biggrin.gif

Flashin' the Pan?
post #1159 of 1237
So Pan mentioned that Rumple was the spawn of the Dark One. Perhaps Pan knows the original Dark One or perhaps he *is* the source of the Dark One. Perhaps ....

Or perhaps not.
post #1160 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post

So Pan mentioned that Rumple was the spawn of the Dark One. Perhaps Pan knows the original Dark One or perhaps he *is* the source of the Dark One. Perhaps ....

Or perhaps not.

I would have to re-watch...

but I believe he was talking about Henry being the spawn of the Dark One... Henry being born of dark and light magic basically since he comes from Emma + Neil and they in turn come from the light and the dark.
post #1161 of 1237
Didn't Prince Phillip get killed by that wraith thing at the start of the second season? How exactly did he come back to life? I forget.
post #1162 of 1237
I don't even remember who is Phillip...

Tinker was kind of nice, in her "beauty" form and creepy in neverland.

Small world that Mulan ended up with Regina's soulmate, I don't think she'll hook up with him (she likes girls I presume)
post #1163 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I think I stopped caring about the flashbacks, nothing we have seen before and why they needed to explain that?

Only positive thing on those flashbacks was Lana Parrilla showing a lot of cleavage

And Blue, Blue Fairy has a nice set.
post #1164 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I don't even remember who is Phillip...

Tinker was kind of nice, in her "beauty" form and creepy in neverland.

Small world that Mulan ended up with Regina's soulmate, I don't think she'll hook up with him (she likes girls I presume)

Phillip is Aurora's husband/boyfriend. Mulan was in love with him (she doesn't like girls lol), which is why the news of Aurora's pregnancy made her sad. But I seem to remember him getting his soul sucked out by a wraith. I don't recall how he came back into the picture.
post #1165 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post


Phillip is Aurora's husband/boyfriend. Mulan was in love with him (she doesn't like girls lol), which is why the news of Aurora's pregnancy made her sad. But I seem to remember him getting his soul sucked out by a wraith. I don't recall how he came back into the picture.

 

 

You might want to think about that again :).  They were implying that Mulan's feelings were directed at Aurora:

 

Quote:
Star Jennifer Morrison said at New York Comic-Con over the weekend in regards to a same-sex couple: "What I can say to you genuinely is: I think you should keep watching because I think you will see what you want to see."

 

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/10/once-upon-a-time-mulan-is-gay-and-in-love-with-aurora---did-you-see-that-coming.html

 

 

Quote:

Once Upon A Dream Pairing


While there were a number of surprises in this week's episode, perhaps the biggest curveball came courtesy of Mulan, who initially turned down an offer to join Robin's band of Merry Men in order to talk to "a loved one" before it was too late. But after Mulan gathered her courage to say something to Aurora, our formerly sleeping beauty dropped the bombshell that she and Phillip are expecting a child, nixing the heartfelt confession that Mulan was apparently preparing to make.

 

So did "Once Upon a Time" just officially canonize Mulan's romantic feelings for Aurora? It certainly looks that way. Viewers have been noticing the chemistry between the pair since their introduction in Season 2, although last year the show initially seemed to be implying that Mulan was carrying a torch for Phillip. Appearances can be deceiving, especially on "Once."

 

The scene was certainly given emotional weight by Jamie Chung and Sarah Bolger's raw performances, and the two actresses were teasing the reveal earlier in the day on Twitter ...

 

"@jamiechung1: Really looking forward to tonight's episode @OnceABC

@SarahBolger" ME TOO!! Fans- get ready to be surprised!!! Xx

 

— Sarah Bolger (@SarahBolger)

October 13, 2013

 

 

But where does the show go from here, with Aurora involved with Phillip and a child on the way? Creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis addressed the possibility of an LGBT character on the show back in June, noting that if and when such a character was introduced, they wanted to treat the plot respectfully.

 

Kitsis: We are absolutely open to that, and for us, it's a matter of the right time and the right story. It's something we discuss and we're open to, it's just not something we've done yet.
Horowitz: And it's the same as with any love story -- we'd have to do it right and give it its due.

 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laura-prudom/once-upon-a-time-recap-tinker-bell-mulan-aurora_b_4095379.html

 

 

ron

post #1166 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

You might want to think about that again smile.gif. They were implying that Mulan's feelings were directed at Aurora:

Hmm, that's not the impression I got at all. (Nothing in any of those articles you posted confirms this, by the way.) It would be weird if Mulan loved Aurora, since it has already been previously established that she loves Philip. Now she's after his girl too? eek.gif

Doing some reading around on various blogs and recaps sites, it seems like the opinion is divided on this particular issue.
post #1167 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

And Blue, Blue Fairy has a nice set.

Oh man, and how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post


You might want to think about that again . They were implying that Mulan's feelings were directed at Aurora:

ron

Yep, that's how I saw it too.
post #1168 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

And Blue, Blue Fairy has a nice set.

Search the internet, she has a few movies where you can see them in all their glory.
post #1169 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post


Hmm, that's not the impression I got at all. (Nothing in any of those articles you posted confirms this, by the way.) It would be weird if Mulan loved Aurora, since it has already been previously established that she loves Philip. Now she's after his girl too? eek.gif

Doing some reading around on various blogs and recaps sites, it seems like the opinion is divided on this particular issue.

 

We shall see... ;).  They're dancing around it for now, but the intent seemed pretty pointed to me anyway.  Mulan saying she needed to go talk to the one she loved, telling Aurora she was standing there, "getting her courage up", that she hadn't come to talk to Phillip, the way her eyes lit up when Aurora first noticed her and how they sank when she told her she was pregnant....  What do you think may have been the big surprise the two actresses were tweeting about before the ep if not?  I really don't see Aurora being pregnant as a big surprise.  Especially when she posted this follow up tweet after the ep aired saying their writers know how to shock.

 

 

@WrenKingston_: MY JAW IS DROPPING. #OUAT @SarahBolger @Ju1ianMorris” Our writers know how to shock...!!Xx

 

 

 

And laughing in reply to another tweet about "sleeping warrior" being, uh, dashed by the pregnancy:

 

@SempiternalTale: Here's to Sleeping Warrior -- which was c*ck blocked by a fetus! @SarahBolger @jamiechung1 #OUAT” hahahaha

 

 

ron

 
post #1170 of 1237
I told you guys.. I got that feeling also ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Once Upon a Time" on ABC HD