or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Once Upon a Time" on ABC HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Once Upon a Time" on ABC HD - Page 7

post #181 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV View Post

A so-so episode. The story line wasn't very interesting.

I just have to say that I can't stand the kid. He is so annoying. I wish he didn't have to be a part of each episode.

In this episode, the Henry character didn't work well for me from an acting standpoint. Lines were stiffly delivered and he lacked the emotional punch necessary in several scenes. It looked more like a rehearsal. I know they can only work children on a limited basis and maybe there wasn't a lot of time between filmings, but it was not polished.

It's one thing to do well in an audition, but to be able to perform week in and out with a grueling schedule and also fit in the required 6 hours a day of schooling might just overwhelm a kid actor. Yet, he is the main character in the whole series, so its success is predicated on how well he can perform.

The episode seemed disjointed to me in many respects. It just didn't have flow and the connections between fairy tale and Storybooke didn't have much punch. I would grade previous episodes B+ to A. This one was a C+ or so. The Jiminy Cricket back story just isn't as intriguing as the other characters thus far.
post #182 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

The Jiminy Cricket back story just isn't as intriguing as the other characters thus far.

I agree, but those little dolls that the couple turned into were fairly horrifying. Sad.
post #183 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

I agree, but those little dolls that the couple turned into were fairly horrifying. Sad.

I found them more creepy looking then horrifying just looking at those things sent a shiver down my spine.
post #184 of 1237
Terrible episode this time out. Why have Firefighters in the scene and not have them setting up for a rescue? Who in the hell wrote that episode? There was one Firefighter just standing there listening to the Mayor say backup while the other was by the entrance to the tunnel. The Mayor directing everyone at the scene. Amazing the gypsy parents knew their son had poison.I hope this is just a one time thing.
post #185 of 1237
What was the thing they showed at the end of the episode when the Mayor drop a piece of it down the elevator shaft?
post #186 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV View Post

What was the thing they showed at the end of the episode when the Mayor drop a piece of it down the elevator shaft?

It looked like the glass coffin maybe?
post #187 of 1237
My wife thought it was a piece of the original castle
My favorite character is still Rumpelstiltskin(if you don't count Little Red Riding Hood or the well endowed fairy god mother). He's so creepy and his makeup is so disgusting it's great!
post #188 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

My wife thought it was a piece of the original castle
My favorite character is still Rumpelstiltskin(if you don't count Little Red Riding Hood or the well endowed fairy god mother). He's so creepy and his makeup is so disgusting it's great!

Emmy for that acting!
post #189 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV View Post

What was the thing they showed at the end of the episode when the Mayor drop a piece of it down the elevator shaft?

I was wondering that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post

It looked like the glass coffin maybe?

Ok. So that piece of glass the mayor dropped down the shaft was part of the coffin? Makes sense why she was so eager to seal it off.

I can only hope my fairy Godmother is as stacked.
post #190 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post



Ok. So that piece of glass the mayor dropped down the shaft was part of the coffin? Makes sense why she was so eager to seal it off.

I thought that it might be part of the Queen's Magic Mirror but it was hard to tell once all of the pieces were shown at the bottom of the mine shaft. It also looked like to original Fairy Tale land was sitting under the current town. If so, nice cover that. My feeling is that the Mayor/Queen has complete awareness of her curse and who many of her current "constiuents" really are.
post #191 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post

It looked like the glass coffin maybe?

You are correct. That is what Henry found as well, but a larger piece.
post #192 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

My feeling is that the Mayor/Queen has complete awareness of her curse and who many of her current "constiuents" really are.

I agree, and would add Rumpelstilskin. I think both of them are aware.
post #193 of 1237
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeklim View Post

i agree, and would add rumpelstilskin. I think both of them are aware.

+1
post #194 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

I thought that it might be part of the Queen's Magic Mirror but it was hard to tell once all of the pieces were shown at the bottom of the mine shaft. It also looked like to original Fairy Tale land was sitting under the current town. If so, nice cover that. My feeling is that the Mayor/Queen has complete awareness of her curse and who many of her current "constiuents" really are.

I agree, and she's doing everything she can to stop anyone from remembering.
Not the best episode IMO, but still better than most of what is out there to watch. Jimmy's story was a little weak. Still, it was darker than I expected.
When do we get Red's story?
post #195 of 1237
Am I the only person that had a problem with the guy that is supposed to act as Henry's conscience agreeing to sell off his parents and poison them so that they could be captured?
post #196 of 1237
Mac, I didn't have a problem with this based on the apparent timeline of Jiminy's "conversion" and subsequent events. Geppetto looked to be 10 or so when Jiminy killed his parents and then became a cricket, and looked 50-ish when the curse hit. And based on Emma's age, everyone has been in the real world for 28 years, which means Jiminy's "conversion" occurred about 70 years before present.

I guess what I mean is that since Jiminy has been "good" for at least 70 years, I think his change was genuine, since at least for now, we have no evidence that he slipped off the wagon at any point after he became a cricket!
post #197 of 1237
Really didn't care for this episode. The whole rescue scene was stupid with all the firemen standing around, mayor running the scene, Emma going down to save them, etc.
I also didn't like the "he's my son too" line from Emma. Something about that bothered me.


That said, I actually like the little kid.
post #198 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

There was no way that the elevator was going to go up into an air shaft.

They could try and go up the rest of their lives, as it wasn't going to happen.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

It's actually common for evacuation elevators in mines to be built in air shafts. Unlike the normal entrance, those are vertical.

Granted, they usually aren't that big, but that's how they work. You enter and leave via a sloped tunnel and mine car system (modern mines use a tram, while the old method was an ore car hooked to a rope) and escape through the air shaft if there's an emergency.

In most mines, though, the elevator is much smaller and is more like a bucket that holds one person at a time. Often, you have to be pretty thin to use it, which is why the South American miners in the last accident we heard about had to stay down there so long: they had to lose weight to fit in the shaft.
post #199 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by diditagain View Post

Mac, I didn't have a problem with this based on the apparent timeline of Jiminy's "conversion" and subsequent events. Geppetto looked to be 10 or so when Jiminy killed his parents and then became a cricket, and looked 50-ish when the curse hit. And based on Emma's age, everyone has been in the real world for 28 years, which means Jiminy's "conversion" occurred about 70 years before present.

I guess what I mean is that since Jiminy has been "good" for at least 70 years, I think his change was genuine, since at least for now, we have no evidence that he slipped off the wagon at any point after he became a cricket!

Well everyone assumes when cursed they came just after emma did. That would be 28 years. Nothing has been said yet when the curse hit eveyone there was some sort of delay. That could explain a lot of why Cinderella was preggers for 28 years, Charming in a coma for 28 years.

That or they just dont age.

Also Jimmy was promised all the years he needs to take care of Geppetto.
post #200 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac The Knife View Post

Am I the only person that had a problem with the guy that is supposed to act as Henry's conscience agreeing to sell off his parents and poison them so that they could be captured?

I didn't like that either, but wrote it off as the darker side of the story we never heard.
post #201 of 1237
Did the LOST fans notice the Apollo candy bar?
post #202 of 1237
This episode definitely felt really mashed together, and didn't flow well at all. I like that they are willing to make the show a little bit darker though, it's definitely for a slightly older audience than its premise would indicate.
post #203 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

Well everyone assumes when cursed they came just after emma did. That would be 28 years. Nothing has been said yet when the curse hit eveyone there was some sort of delay. That could explain a lot of why Cinderella was preggers for 28 years, Charming in a coma for 28 years.

That or they just dont age.

Also Jimmy was promised all the years he needs to take care of Geppetto.

They don't age, or at least they didnt until Emma showed up. Remember episode 1 the clock didnt move until she decided to stay and got a room at the inn.
post #204 of 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Stuewe View Post

They don't age, or at least they didnt until Emma showed up. Remember episode 1 the clock didnt move until she decided to stay and got a room at the inn.

True but you would think someone after say 28 years would say "hmm when will this kid drop?"
post #205 of 1237
I could understand anyone under the curse not noticing that time is standing still, but the little boy would at least notice since he isn't under the curse.
And if he did notice that he is the only one aging, he should really use that in trying to convince the others.
Like: "Hey birth mom, everyone in this town reminds me of people in my story book, I think they're under a spell........oh, and no one is aging but me. That one chick was prego for 28 years, kind of odd".
post #206 of 1237
The only thing I can figure is when baby emma went in the tree. Tree vs Curse time is off by years. Add in the 10 yr old and time had to pass since he was picked up when he was a baby. Then again there is nothing to say Cindy got preggers also in the real world.

Can't wait to see they they tie it all in!
post #207 of 1237
I enjoyed this episode about the Prince much better than last week's episode about Jiminy Cricket. The back story was good although I couldn't quite place the timeline until the very end when the Prince and his new bride were in the carriage.

According to the back story in a previous episode, the Prince leaves his forced marriage and joins with Snow White. Does that mean that in Storybrook, David will eventually leave his wife for Mary Margaret? Seems a little convoluted since he already left his wife for Mary Margaret and then changed his mind and went back to her.

Am I right that previews are not spoiler material? Maybe I'll put this question in spoiler tags anyway.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Who do you think will die next week?
post #208 of 1237
@ricwhite

Who will die is not spoiler info. It is mentioned in the various program listings.

A little birdie has supplied me info regarding the fall finale, which I will not reveal here. All I'll say is that you should not miss the episode.
post #209 of 1237
I'm enjoying the show but want to move things ahead a bit. The "Queen" always wins, I'd like a few small victories for the other side, nothing major at this point for a little something would be nice.
post #210 of 1237
Any one else wondering exactly how many kingdoms there are in the fairy tale world. At this point we have four or five different kingdoms, the one that Midas is king of, the one Cinderella is from, the snow white/evil queen one, and the one that the prince is from. Also if you want to count the one that maleficent is from that is another one.

My point is how many kingdoms can there be and what exactly constitutes a kingdom in the first place?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Once Upon a Time" on ABC HD