or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › What's Your System Configuration › Finally get first Man Cave
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finally get first Man Cave

post #1 of 88
Thread Starter 
Update to script below with new photos at the bottom. A 7.2 RTiA set up acquired with A9's as wides, FXiA6's at surround, an extra Epik Empire, a new flat panel and some decent seating to enjoy the ride.

In just shy of two years, I've graduated from two different bedroom set ups and have upgraded my speakers from; Onkyo 7.1 with an Energy as second sub to PolkAudio speakers and a sub upgrade.

Display; PN64D8000 Bluray; LGBD390
Mains; RTiA9's
Surrounds; FXiA6
Center; CSiA6
Wides;RTiA9
AVR; Onkyo TX-NR807
Amp; Emotiva XPA-3/XPA-2
Sub; Epik Empire X 2
Thanks for viewing.

Bedroom 1




Bedroom 2






Man Cave 1







Wire magmt


The addition of the A9's

















Edited by Geoff4RFC - 3/4/13 at 8:12pm
post #2 of 88
Nice progression. I like your gear much better in it's new home. Congrats and enjoy.
post #3 of 88
Looks like you enjoy watching tv. Congrats on the cave.
post #4 of 88
Hey Geoff,

Looks great! I like the stand, fits very well with the brick, which I think it's cool!

How do you like the new amp, has it made a difference?

Cheers!
post #5 of 88
Your new setup looks much better and nice collection of blurays.
post #6 of 88
Congrats...., yes, very much better than the bedroom set-ups... Anyway to get the CC out of the cabinet, and up where it could really shine? Very nice selection of gear.

Good luck
post #7 of 88
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the kind words. I really like the extra space and new layout from the bedroom setups, but I do miss laying in bed while watching my faves.

The amp powers the L/C/R quite nicely, I do like the addition of the power. The Monitor 70s and the CS2 really sound great. It's hard to believe that I paid such a low price for those speakers compared to the sound I get.

Yeah, I kinda miss the center being out in the open but I do appreciate the fact that it can be hidden, in fact, I'm kinda leaning toward having all my speakers integrated into a wall of sorts so everything is hidden. The sound from the center doesn't seem to be sacrificed, the cabinet door panel is made of acoustic fabric like the speaker grill I removed, and I did the eq with the cabinet door closed. The dialogue comes through as if the speaker was out in the open.
post #8 of 88
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr View Post

Hey Geoff,

Looks great! I like the stand, fits very well with the brick, which I think it's cool!

How do you like the new amp, has it made a difference?

Cheers!

That's pretty high praise coming from you, thanks! I've seen your set up, I love what you did with the room. Your whole set up is pretty top notch. It's funny, I'd like to have your set up and my wife would like to have your kitchen.
post #9 of 88
Geoff, looks great, I like the 807. I almost picked one up. I see what you were saying about the center speaker being off center. I think that might work for me as well. I'll give it a try and let know how I make out. JT
post #10 of 88
LOL, Geoff, can you post some of those super cool eye candy racing bike pics??
post #11 of 88
Merry Christmas, Geoff!!
post #12 of 88
Thread Starter 
Thanks my brother!!!

New addition for Christmas, the lovely wife got me an X-box with kinect. Not much of a gamer, LOVED my sons Nintendo 64 with Golden Eye, sure, it's a bit old school, but I'm adapting to my new X box, she got me Quantum Solace soooooo, Call me Bond, James Bond
post #13 of 88
Congrats! Awesome gift, how nice of her!!! Is it the "slim" model?? I've been wanting to get the kinect for a while now.

You're going to get used to it very quickly it's easy and fun but ADDICTIVE!! If you like first person shooters and have an Xbox, you must try the original Halo, it's a classic, it's what Mario Bros is to Nintendo! There is a new remastered version by 343 studios, they totally brought it up to today's standards in terms of HiDef graphics.. I'd call you Mr. Bond but that dude got nothing on you, he needs some ridin' lessons before he gets on a bike, LOL!!!! Peace!
post #14 of 88
Thread Starter 
Not sure what the slim model looks like, mine is the 4gig model with kinect, not the one with the 250gig hard drive. The 250g has a gloss finish and the 4g has a matte finish.

I appreciate the tip on Halo, I can't wait to get it.

BTW, I'm sending out some resumes, hoping to get my butt back on the track this upcoming year. Shooting for getting another Suzuki 1000, the liter bike is definitely the way to go. So long as I don't "see" how fast I'm going at the end of the straight, I'm okay with it, so I just cover the speedo with duct tape. 185mph on two wheels plays with the mind a tad bit.

Catch you soon brother. Happy new year my friend!!
post #15 of 88
nice
post #16 of 88
Thread Starter 
Added a couple of new photos showing some much needed wire management.
post #17 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Added a couple of new photos showing some much needed wire management.

Geoff, looks good. Good job.
post #18 of 88
Nice Geoff, looks really good!!
post #19 of 88
Thread Starter 
Thanks brother! Can't wait to tell you, by Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, the new cherry Polk A9's will be here.

Moving the 70's to surround. Oh crap, I'm going to need a bigger amp and a bigger plasma.
post #20 of 88
Those A9's in cherry are going to look awesome in there... LOL, Panny has that 80" plasma!!
post #21 of 88
Thread Starter 
If I get the 80", will you come hang out for a beer and movie? I'll lock the split-tails out and we'll turn the Epik up to full volume. I'll even through in a couple of racing videos
post #22 of 88
In a heartbeat!! I'd wanna watch the racing videos first though!! Actually, you might need to get an eviction court order to make me leave, LOL... Hey, I love WA, it's one of my favorite states. If I weren't "married" to CA because of how hard I worked as self employed to build up my clientele, I would move to WA yesterday.
post #23 of 88
Thread Starter 
Anytime you're even close to this area, let me know in advance, you're welcome to come stay as long as you like, it's a big house, wife and three daughters, even the dog and hamster are females so an eviction wouldn't be necessary.

The coolest video I never had, a race in '05, 750 super sport, equipped with an on-board camera, got held on the line due to a late attempt for tire warm up lap so the field got a head-start on me, I got the wave to go ahead as the last bike past the start flag, I shot off the line doing a two gear wheelie catching and working my way through a 60+ bike field.

Made my way to 7th position on the white flag lap thinking what a freaking cool video this is going to be, crashed going into T-1 on the last lap (120mph crash), got right up and walked away from it. My pit crew inadvertently turned the camera off while I was on pre-grid waiting to take off....BUMMER!

Anyway, it's official, the a9's get here Wed. and I'll be one busy dude.

What kind of clientele do you have? Any possible business contacts for you around here?
post #24 of 88
Thread Starter 
The new A9's are up and running, I'm not sure what's more impressive, the A9's or the Monitor70's as surrounds lol.

So I think I'm on my way to earn the title of "Ever changing H.T.", okay, maybe not.

Now, one more amp, another sub and a larger flat screen and then I'll be alllll done.
post #25 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

The new A9's are up and running, I'm not sure what's more impressive, the A9's or the Monitor70's as surrounds lol.

So I think I'm on my way to earn the title of "Ever changing H.T.", okay, maybe not.

Now, one more amp, another sub and a larger flat screen and then I'll be alllll done.

Until the next new must have AV something come down the pike!! LOL. Glad it sound good. JT
post #26 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Anytime you're even close to this area, let me know in advance, you're welcome to come stay as long as you like, it's a big house, wife and three daughters, even the dog and hamster are females so an eviction wouldn't be necessary.

The coolest video I never had, a race in '05, 750 super sport, equipped with an on-board camera, got held on the line due to a late attempt for tire warm up lap so the field got a head-start on me, I got the wave to go ahead as the last bike past the start flag, I shot off the line doing a two gear wheelie catching and working my way through a 60+ bike field.

Made my way to 7th position on the white flag lap thinking what a freaking cool video this is going to be, crashed going into T-1 on the last lap (120mph crash), got right up and walked away from it. My pit crew inadvertently turned the camera off while I was on pre-grid waiting to take off....BUMMER!

Anyway, it's official, the a9's get here Wed. and I'll be one busy dude.

What kind of clientele do you have? Any possible business contacts for you around here?


Congrats on the new speakers. Not only do they look hella cool, but they sound sweet too, one of my friends has a pair.

Haha, then I can bring my 2 daughters and wife, that'd really complete the picture, heh?? I know what you mean, our dog was a female too. We had to put her down Wed. night, she had a brain tumor. No more pets for a while for us, it gets too sad when the time comes.

I'm in construction (remodeling) so I'm assuming everywhere is really slow. But I love WA, the weather, fishing, the proximity to Alaska it's just one of my favorite states.

Late!
post #27 of 88
Thread Starter 
Finally, a matching center, second amp, and home made equipment rack. New pictures have been added if you'd like to check it out.
post #28 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Finally, a matching center, second amp, and home made equipment rack. New pictures have been added if you'd like to check it out.

Wow the Pictures look incredible!!! No more off center-Center speaker. LOL
post #29 of 88
Geoff, very nice!! LOL, man, it's hard to keep up with you! You're on a roll!!

No, that's great and more power to you. Nice additions, the stand is impressive, especially since you built it yourself! And of course I'm a huge fan of that brick wall.
post #30 of 88
Thread Starter 
NEW photos ADDED
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › What's Your System Configuration › Finally get first Man Cave