or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › The Official Acer H9500BD Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Acer H9500BD Thread - Page 121

post #3601 of 4744


i never touched the brightness, but i believe you can dial it down as low as you want. watched several blu-rays and 3D, no eye strain whatsoever. the strain usually comes from bad 3D , ghosting and double images where you eyes stress because image isn't natural, the acer doesnt have this problem. here's a pre-fix image, non -eco mode, also remember after a few hundred hours the brightness will drop on its own.
Edited by Vasim Pathan - 8/3/12 at 9:59am
post #3602 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger View Post

Perhaps we can convince Art to do another review with the updated CMS. He can get his calibrator Mike to post the settings.
It should the get Hot Product Award now. smile.gif
Is it too much trouble to ask Acer to add another user input ? biggrin.gif

I've been on the "let's get another review" program since I was told there was an "independent" CMS by Acer. We'll see how persuasive I can be.....

Tell ya what.....YOU call Tier 1 support and have that discussion. OK? eek.gifbiggrin.gif
post #3603 of 4744
The problem with the whole CMS thing is that no matter what you calibrate there is only one user setting. As soon as you adjust anything anywhere, that setting you just made is now the user setting or calibration. At least that is what it looks like to me. IOWs you can select your favorite mode say Movie, then run a full calibration. When you are finished that is now your user calibration, but if you watch something in presentation mode and make one single adjustment, there goes your calibration settings and your user settings are now the presentation settings with whatever you adjusted there. Does that make sense? Kind of really makes life difficult not to mention how frustrating it is that the menu only stays up for like 10 -15 seconds and goes away if you are doing nothing. This was a downright nuisance last night while I played with some basic calibration settings using the AVSHD disk. On a positive note most of the things I played with were not very far off from where they needed to be. This one user setting and the clunky menu are sure to be a pain for Art or Mike who calibrates the unit if they get one.

Otherwise I am liking the unit better than before and I want some more time to play with it. Gonna let Acer corporate, who called again today, know about my findings thusfar. We are playing phone tag as I am working.
post #3604 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

The problem with the whole CMS thing is that no matter what you calibrate there is only one user setting. As soon as you adjust anything anywhere, that setting you just made is now the user setting or calibration. At least that is what it looks like to me. IOWs you can select your favorite mode say Movie, then run a full calibration. When you are finished that is now your user calibration, but if you watch something in presentation mode and make one single adjustment, there goes your calibration settings and your user settings are now the presentation settings with whatever you adjusted there. Does that make sense? Kind of really makes life difficult not to mention how frustrating it is that the menu only stays up for like 10 -15 seconds and goes away if you are doing nothing. This was a downright nuisance last night while I played with some basic calibration settings using the AVSHD disk. On a positive note most of the things I played with were not very far off from where they needed to be. This one user setting and the clunky menu are sure to be a pain for Art or Mike who calibrates the unit if they get one.
Otherwise I am liking the unit better than before and I want some more time to play with it. Gonna let Acer corporate, who called again today, know about my findings thusfar. We are playing phone tag as I am working.

Yup.....you shoulda (or maybe not) heard some of the words coming out of my mouth when I was trying to take pictures of the menu screens. I don't remember exactly, but I'd say I was able to string about 10 adjectives together prior to the noun. I think they were some pretty impressive phrases if I do say so myself. cool.gif
post #3605 of 4744
I left a message with my rep at Acer Corporate care that I would like to speak with her on Tuesday. The reasons are twofold, first they do not work on the weekends like I do at times and she will be out of the office on Monday, and second I need more time to evaluate what I think will make this projector the bomb in this price segment so that I can suggest that. One can always suggest right? I mean we did ask for a CMS and they threw something in there. Now we need a place to save those settings and a bit more time to evaluate the menu settings while we are doing that. How hard is that? I don't know and I am pretty sure I am not sending my unit in again for that but maybe the next model can benefit.

For those enjoying their units who have not decided what they will be watching tomorrow evening might I suggest UFC on Fox which will take place Aug. 4, 2012 from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Fights are not the top dogs (title fights) in the UFC like the PPV events but I have enjoyed them and the image quality is very good. And it is FREE if you have Fox. Of course if you do not like boxing, wrestling, kickboxing or martial arts type of stuff this is not for you. As for me I get the adult beverages going and crank up the surround and have a blast. It is sick on a 120" screen. Of course your mileage may vary.

Take Care
Mike

PS, those of you considering the updated firmware, football season is around the corner. He who hesitates waits.wink.gif
post #3606 of 4744
My H9500BD departed today to Acer Spain.They told me for the next 15 days. I hope the projector will come home with the new firmware.
post #3607 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila66 View Post

My H9500BD departed today to Acer Spain.They told me for the next 15 days. I hope the projector will come home with the new firmware.

Were you having a problem with your PJ or did you send it in specifically for the update?
post #3608 of 4744
Only for the update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InCali View Post

If it's important to you, BE SPECIFIC that you want the firmware update!!! Call them and make it's part of the case ID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila66 View Post

I printed your photo of the service menu with the specification of the new firmware and I'm going to send it with a note that specifies that this is the new firmware.
post #3609 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila66 View Post

Only for the update.
Did they say it was available there?
post #3610 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by David44 View Post

Well it looks like Acer agrees with your sentiment - I cannot find the 9500 for anything less than $1699. Did you all have a discount code at the time, or were you just lucky? I checked Tiger, Amazon, Newegg, and Ebay... does AVS sell these PJ's? I still have about a month before I will make the purchase.
Nice work by the way to everyone who nudged Acer to correct the firmware. Everyone benefits, but particularly us "Johnny Come Lately" types who would have never known there was an issue. Many Thanks.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2023403&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=VRqCjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE

Hurry, Don't Miss Out! smile.gif
$1,529
post #3611 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

Did they say it was available there?

No, but I told them I want the new firmware, nothing else. I'm going to call them on tuesday.
post #3612 of 4744
That is a refurbished unit that I would have to pass on at that price. I paid less than that for mine NIB.

Edit: unless of course this is a new unit that has simply been opened to update the firmware. Hard to tell if that will be the case though but if that can be determined then a pretty good buy considering it will not need updating and therefore you do not need to send it in.
Edited by Mikes2cents - 8/4/12 at 4:35am
post #3613 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila66 View Post

My H9500BD departed today to Acer Spain.They told me for the next 15 days. I hope the projector will come home with the new firmware.

Are you guys sending the PJ in it's original box packaging or using one of your one.
I will prefer to send the original box (then double boxed) provided the original box comes back, else I have to look for alternative.
post #3614 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post

Are you guys sending the PJ in it's original box packaging or using one of your one.
I will prefer to send the original box (then double boxed) provided the original box comes back, else I have to look for alternative.
They told me to not ship it in the original box but rather a different box and wrap the projector in 3-5 inches of bubble wrap. They said if I did send it in the original box that most likely I would not get the original box back.
post #3615 of 4744


Thanks for keeping me in mind! I'll hold off for a new one at this price range and enlist the InCali recommendation of watching the pricing at TigerDirect like a hawk. I have some time before the room is ready.

But I have to say that I was tempted to buy a refurb RS50 from the JVC store on Ebay for $2495. But I like the DLP look.

Thanks again.
post #3616 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post

Are you guys sending the PJ in it's original box packaging or using one of your one.
I will prefer to send the original box (then double boxed) provided the original box comes back, else I have to look for alternative.

If you send in your new box, you won't (in all likelihood, get it back. You'll get a brown box with form fitting foam inside. I didn't have a good box and Acer doesn't cover damage during shipping (to them). I paid about $20 to have FedEx pack it. That way, if anything happened, they essentially insure it. Might not be a problem 90% of the time, but that 10% could be a killer........
post #3617 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by InCali View Post

If you send in your new box, you won't (in all likelihood, get it back. You'll get a brown box with form fitting foam inside. I didn't have a good box and Acer doesn't cover damage during shipping (to them). I paid about $20 to have FedEx pack it. That way, if anything happened, they essentially insure it. Might not be a problem 90% of the time, but that 10% could be a killer........

Packing by FedEx sounds like a good idea..
Thanks ...
post #3618 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by David44 View Post

Thanks for keeping me in mind! I'll hold off for a new one at this price range and enlist the InCali recommendation of watching the pricing at TigerDirect like a hawk. I have some time before the room is ready.
But I have to say that I was tempted to buy a refurb RS50 from the JVC store on Ebay for $2495. But I like the DLP look.
Thanks again.

If your after 3D you will be glad you didn't get the RS50 as it does that poorly per this forum and test photo's. But the 2D from them JVC's is suppose to be tops!
post #3619 of 4744
Well wouldn't you know it. I was set to do some more evaluation of the FW last night and was just about to hit submit on a PM to aaranddeeman when there was a loud boom and the power was out here at the house. They did not restore it until about 6am today. Lightning struck the transformer on the pole in front of my house and took it out. Took out the phone modem, one of my HDD recorders and who knows what else but so far so good except two of the lines on my cable modem stopped working. WiFi is still up but i prefer hard wires. I knew a storm was brewing and did not bother with the PJ until after it passed but of course after it passed we were sitting here with candles and smart phones lol. That is another reason I unplug my Acer when I am not using it. I had a faulty transformer take out the ADC circuit of my expensive refrigerator and of course the electric company had no sympathy. That thing blew 3 fuses before they realized it was faulty and replaced it. I am telling you this because I would rather just unplug my projector when not in use and then have nothing to worry about. Your mileage may vary and you can use UPS or whatever. I unplug mine.

So hopefully I can check some more out tonight or in the morning. I still have not ruled out the color temp calibration settings because it looks to me from what I can see that it may just do what we need. Unfortunately I do not have a light meter and I am not prepared to try to fully calibrate the unit so cannot fully test it. I may try to find a meter. Sliders that move are fine but unless we can measure the results we have not confirmed much. So I am pretty much a full day behind now looking into this.

aaranddeeman there is no reason to display the HDMI and VGA images at the same time and I cannot even do that. Just look at the paint image via HDMI and compare to what I posted.
post #3620 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

Well wouldn't you know it. I was set to do some more evaluation of the FW last night and was just about to hit submit on a PM to aaranddeeman when there was a loud boom and the power was out here at the house. They did not restore it until about 6am today. Lightning struck the transformer on the pole in front of my house and took it out. Took out the phone modem, one of my HDD recorders and who knows what else but so far so good except two of the lines on my cable modem stopped working. WiFi is still up but i prefer hard wires. I knew a storm was brewing and did not bother with the PJ until after it passed but of course after it passed we were sitting here with candles and smart phones lol. That is another reason I unplug my Acer when I am not using it. I had a faulty transformer take out the ADC circuit of my expensive refrigerator and of course the electric company had no sympathy. That thing blew 3 fuses before they realized it was faulty and replaced it. I am telling you this because I would rather just unplug my projector when not in use and then have nothing to worry about. Your mileage may vary and you can use UPS or whatever. I unplug mine.
So hopefully I can check some more out tonight or in the morning. I still have not ruled out the color temp calibration settings because it looks to me from what I can see that it may just do what we need. Unfortunately I do not have a light meter and I am not prepared to try to fully calibrate the unit so cannot fully test it. I may try to find a meter. Sliders that move are fine but unless we can measure the results we have not confirmed much. So I am pretty much a full day behind now looking into this.
aaranddeeman there is no reason to display the HDMI and VGA images at the same time and I cannot even do that. Just look at the paint image via HDMI and compare to what I posted.

Sorry for the bada boom, Mike..
I always, always cut the power of my AV gear when not in use. A flip of a switch and it comes alive again when I really need it. I am with you on this and other should follow.

I will make another attempt with the paint image some time soon. My issue was the VGA output was not doing 1920X1080, it was stuck at 1280 x 968. I could do HDMI 1920x1080 after lot of trail and error. Let me figure it out. May be I will use another laptop (I do not have access to it right now), that is pretty new and has HDMI out.
post #3621 of 4744
Sending my 9500 in for firmware update. It goes out Fedex ground tomorrow afternoon. Since I am in Dallas it should only take 1 or 2 days to get to Temple so I am hoping to get it back soon! Can't wait to see the improvement in sharpness, since I went to a 120 inch screen from a 100 I was feeling a little softness in the image. Now I have put my HD70 back up and it looks like I have a blur filter up on the screen, so much worse than my 9500. It will be a nice contrast when I get the 9500 back! Thanks again to all on this thread who helped push and test out this fix.
post #3622 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

Well wouldn't you know it. I was set to do some more evaluation of the FW last night and was just about to hit submit on a PM to aaranddeeman when there was a loud boom and the power was out here at the house. They did not restore it until about 6am today. Lightning struck the transformer on the pole in front of my house and took it out. Took out the phone modem, one of my HDD recorders and who knows what else but so far so good except two of the lines on my cable modem stopped working. WiFi is still up but i prefer hard wires. I knew a storm was brewing and did not bother with the PJ until after it passed but of course after it passed we were sitting here with candles and smart phones lol. That is another reason I unplug my Acer when I am not using it. I had a faulty transformer take out the ADC circuit of my expensive refrigerator and of course the electric company had no sympathy. That thing blew 3 fuses before they realized it was faulty and replaced it. I am telling you this because I would rather just unplug my projector when not in use and then have nothing to worry about. Your mileage may vary and you can use UPS or whatever. I unplug mine.
So hopefully I can check some more out tonight or in the morning. I still have not ruled out the color temp calibration settings because it looks to me from what I can see that it may just do what we need. Unfortunately I do not have a light meter and I am not prepared to try to fully calibrate the unit so cannot fully test it. I may try to find a meter. Sliders that move are fine but unless we can measure the results we have not confirmed much. So I am pretty much a full day behind now looking into this.
aaranddeeman there is no reason to display the HDMI and VGA images at the same time and I cannot even do that. Just look at the paint image via HDMI and compare to what I posted.

Hmmmmmm.....certainly the storms that hit across the country can't compare to those we experience in the wilds of West LA biggrin.gif . That being said, I'm going to give disconnecting my PJ some thought....there, I'm done thinking....

The thing is that my UPS will fry if there's a big enough spike (anything will) but has really good device protection capabilities. It's also a struggle to unplug the PJ from the UPS because of where I have it (behind the couch) and because the plug fits so tightly. I guess I could just connect another surge suppressor to the UPS and unplug the PJ from it. I'm not sure about how much distance there is between the contacts of the switch when it's off so using the switch probably isn't as safe as just unplugging it.

There's something else people might want to consider with regard to power surges. There is a potential path between the cable box and/or DVD player via the HDMI cable. This is almost certainly less of a threat than the direct power to the PJ, but I had some wild things happen to a lot of my data lines during a pretty significant lightning storm in Santa Cruz. Everyone needs to figure out just how far they want to take protecting their equipment and part of that should be based on the general weather patterns where you live. I'm guessing no one is going to be storing their Acer in a grounded metal cabinet any time soon.....

Oh yeah......I'm still working on seeing if I can get some calibration settings for the projector and think I'll have some news in a day or two. I suppose there are, however, differences from projector to projector (even the same make and model). How significant they are, I don't know, but I'm guessing that calibration settings for one will be better than the "out of the box" settings on another. Does anyone out there know how significant projector to projector (same model) differences can be??
post #3623 of 4744
i slow boated mine from California, just arrived in mesquite, tx. i put in a picture of the new firmware with a note pointing to "B03 May 25 2012"<----upgrade to this! they asked what was wrong with the projector and i said blurring over HDMI. (sharpness wasn't too really bad as you can see from the picture below)


Quote:
Originally Posted by joepaiii View Post

Sending my 9500 in for firmware update. It goes out Fedex ground tomorrow afternoon. Since I am in Dallas it should only take 1 or 2 days to get to Temple so I am hoping to get it back soon! Can't wait to see the improvement in sharpness, since I went to a 120 inch screen from a 100 I was feeling a little softness in the image. Now I have put my HD70 back up and it looks like I have a blur filter up on the screen, so much worse than my 9500. It will be a nice contrast when I get the 9500 back! Thanks again to all on this thread who helped push and test out this fix.

Edited by Vasim Pathan - 8/7/12 at 9:41am
post #3624 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by InCali View Post

Hmmmmmm.....certainly the storms that hit across the country can't compare to those we experience in the wilds of West LA biggrin.gif . That being said, I'm going to give disconnecting my PJ some thought....there, I'm done thinking....
The thing is that my UPS will fry if there's a big enough spike (anything will) but has really good device protection capabilities. It's also a struggle to unplug the PJ from the UPS because of where I have it (behind the couch) and because the plug fits so tightly. I guess I could just connect another surge suppressor to the UPS and unplug the PJ from it. I'm not sure about how much distance there is between the contacts of the switch when it's off so using the switch probably isn't as safe as just unplugging it.
There's something else people might want to consider with regard to power surges. There is a potential path between the cable box and/or DVD player via the HDMI cable. This is almost certainly less of a threat than the direct power to the PJ, but I had some wild things happen to a lot of my data lines during a pretty significant lightning storm in Santa Cruz. Everyone needs to figure out just how far they want to take protecting their equipment and part of that should be based on the general weather patterns where you live. I'm guessing no one is going to be storing their Acer in a grounded metal cabinet any time soon.....
Oh yeah......I'm still working on seeing if I can get some calibration settings for the projector and think I'll have some news in a day or two. I suppose there are, however, differences from projector to projector (even the same make and model). How significant they are, I don't know, but I'm guessing that calibration settings for one will be better than the "out of the box" settings on another. Does anyone out there know how significant projector to projector (same model) differences can be??
Not sure if I did not explain how I unplug my projector but here we go....I unplug it lol. Seriously though, I understand what you are talking about but I simply reach up and pull the power cord out of the back of the Acer and let it dangle right where it plugs in. It is too easy but if you cannot stand right under yours like me then maybe a PITA. Cable guy came today to replace the fried phone modem box and did just about everything else first including replacing my splitters with one single unit and redoing the connectors and testing etc. Outside testing and fixing etc. Sheesh. So he is happy with the signal and we go to see if the cable artifact stuff I told him I was unhappy about should be fixed, I then had a lime green screen on my TV. WTH? We could hear the audio through my Onkyo 809 AVR but lime green screen no matter what I tried. So I go straight from cable box to TV and that works. Now I am disgusted and tell him to fix the phone which is why he came in the first place. He does and leaves. I had just returned from Wally with 2 new batteries for my truck (it takes 2 for a diesel) and I was pretty happy they prorated my original ones that I had a receipt for after 6 years, yes 6 years later because the battery sticker stated 9 year prorated warranty lol. They were not happy but I had my receipts so got $34 credit for each battery. Good there, now cable guy has screwed up my AVR. How? All he did was play with cables and we used it last night. My day is slipping away so before trying to do a factory reset attempt on the AVR I simply unplug it and go install my batteries. They work, so I plug the AVR in and now it works....huge sigh of relief. So I accomplished nothing projectorwise today so far. How is your day going?smile.gif

BTW, as promised I have updated all of my reviews on the projector at sites that sell it.
post #3625 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

Not sure if I did not explain how I unplug my projector but here we go....I unplug it lol. Seriously though, I understand what you are talking about but I simply reach up and pull the power cord out of the back of the Acer and let it dangle right where it plugs in. It is too easy but if you cannot stand right under yours like me then maybe a PITA. Cable guy came today to replace the fried phone modem box and did just about everything else first including replacing my splitters with one single unit and redoing the connectors and testing etc. Outside testing and fixing etc. Sheesh. So he is happy with the signal and we go to see if the cable artifact stuff I told him I was unhappy about should be fixed, I then had a lime green screen on my TV. WTH? We could hear the audio through my Onkyo 809 AVR but lime green screen no matter what I tried. So I go straight from cable box to TV and that works. Now I am disgusted and tell him to fix the phone which is why he came in the first place. He does and leaves. I had just returned from Wally with 2 new batteries for my truck (it takes 2 for a diesel) and I was pretty happy they prorated my original ones that I had a receipt for after 6 years, yes 6 years later because the battery sticker stated 9 year prorated warranty lol. They were not happy but I had my receipts so got $34 credit for each battery. Good there, now cable guy has screwed up my AVR. How? All he did was play with cables and we used it last night. My day is slipping away so before trying to do a factory reset attempt on the AVR I simply unplug it and go install my batteries. They work, so I plug the AVR in and now it works....huge sigh of relief. So I accomplished nothing projectorwise today so far. How is your day going?smile.gif
BTW, as promised I have updated all of my reviews on the projector at sites that sell it.

Did you try switching inputs on the 809? Sometimes my 1009 gets lost and the only way to get it to sync back up is by switching the input to another hdmi source that is on. Haven't seen that at all with my 9500 but saw it with my hd70. Sorry for the off topic post....
post #3626 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepaiii View Post

Did you try switching inputs on the 809? Sometimes my 1009 gets lost and the only way to get it to sync back up is by switching the input to another hdmi source that is on. Haven't seen that at all with my 9500 but saw it with my hd70. Sorry for the off topic post....
I know we are kind of off topic but yes, I tried everything. Even my BD player had lime green screen. I did not want to do the factory reset because while calibrating the sound does not take that long, I did not want to do it again. I need everyone to leave and be quiet etc. The unplug for at least 5 minutes thing fixed it. I cannot praise my Onkyo 809 enough so far, some quirks with it but so far a solid unit. It was on a surge protector so I was stumped. If you saw the mess of ceramic insulation, wiring and parts in my front yard you would realize why I have little faith in the electric company and why I unplug my projector. Second transformer in as many years. The next time I lose power I think I will unplug all of my electronics because I am sure they got fried when the company tried to restore power to a faulty transformer that sent too much juice. Thanks for the reply Joe.

Now I am going to try to play with the projector some more. I was supposed to call Acer today with my impressions of the firmware fix but I cannot give a good analysis at this point because of other crap and family life. I know the big stuff is fixed but I want to address the minutia now.
post #3627 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

Not sure if I did not explain how I unplug my projector but here we go....I unplug it lol. Seriously though, I understand what you are talking about but I simply reach up and pull the power cord out of the back of the Acer and let it dangle right where it plugs in. It is too easy but if you cannot stand right under yours like me then maybe a PITA. Cable guy came today to replace the fried phone modem box and did just about everything else first including replacing my splitters with one single unit and redoing the connectors and testing etc. Outside testing and fixing etc. Sheesh. So he is happy with the signal and we go to see if the cable artifact stuff I told him I was unhappy about should be fixed, I then had a lime green screen on my TV. WTH? We could hear the audio through my Onkyo 809 AVR but lime green screen no matter what I tried. So I go straight from cable box to TV and that works. Now I am disgusted and tell him to fix the phone which is why he came in the first place. He does and leaves. I had just returned from Wally with 2 new batteries for my truck (it takes 2 for a diesel) and I was pretty happy they prorated my original ones that I had a receipt for after 6 years, yes 6 years later because the battery sticker stated 9 year prorated warranty lol. They were not happy but I had my receipts so got $34 credit for each battery. Good there, now cable guy has screwed up my AVR. How? All he did was play with cables and we used it last night. My day is slipping away so before trying to do a factory reset attempt on the AVR I simply unplug it and go install my batteries. They work, so I plug the AVR in and now it works....huge sigh of relief. So I accomplished nothing projectorwise today so far. How is your day going?smile.gif
BTW, as promised I have updated all of my reviews on the projector at sites that sell it.

If I reach up and try to unplug my PJ every time I'm done using it (about 9 feet up there), I'm likely to kill myself and, no matter how favorable that outcome may seem to others, I don't like balancing on the back of my couch and pushing in the power cord while attempting to not disturb the vertical/horizontal. I'm a down to earth kinda guy and prefer to start and end my day down to earth. To put it simply, I don't want to reach for the heavens (no matter how low those heavens may be) when we're just talking a projector.

My preference is to push a button down in the lowlands.

Color my head (relatively) intact.
post #3628 of 4744
I have returned the projector from Acer Spain with this note: "Dear Customer, please note that we currently updates are not the final and cause failure in the resolution of the projection, we advise you not upgrade projector now."
I'm very angry with them.
post #3629 of 4744
BOOOOO!!!mad.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila66 View Post

I have returned the projector from Acer Spain with this note: "Dear Customer, please note that we currently updates are not the final and cause failure in the resolution of the projection, we advise you not upgrade projector now."
I'm very angry with them.
BOOOO!!!!
post #3630 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila66 View Post

I have returned the projector from Acer Spain with this note: "Dear Customer, please note that we currently updates are not the final and cause failure in the resolution of the projection, we advise you not upgrade projector now."
I'm very angry with them.
Well that information is a bit unsettling. Do they know something we do not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCali View Post

If I reach up and try to unplug my PJ every time I'm done using it (about 9 feet up there)..........
I see how that option is not going to work for you. In my case it is a little over seven feet so no problem for me and the easiest way to go about business since I usually remove replace the dust cap anyway so I am there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › The Official Acer H9500BD Thread