or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › The Official Acer H9500BD Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Acer H9500BD Thread - Page 153

post #4561 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul GS View Post

Newegg also adds a $100 promotional card (so one ia actually paying 900 plus tax if applicable). The Tigerdirect unit does not seem to be refurbished by manufacturer, a risk many of us are not willing to take.

The $999 price + the $100 promo card may be too good of a deal to pass up.

I know the 9500 has lens shift. My only real mounting option is a ceiling mount with the lens height at or a couple of inches below the top of the screen due to a 7 1/2 foot ceiling and a 106" screen. Just double checking to make sure this is doable with the lens shift available.
Edited by steve f - 2/25/13 at 11:17am
post #4562 of 4744
Hey guys, i have following this thread with great interest. But im finding it hard get consistent answer to my questions.

I have a HD33 and i love it to bits. The 2D picture is very good, the 3D is... wow amazing. But there one element that disappointing me.... the HD33 blacks are disappointing. Generally i does bother me very much, but when im watching with friends... thats when im reminded as people will comment on how the picture is great, but not in dark scenes.

So i did some research and i hear the Acer H9500BD has picture thats very comparable to the HD33, vibrant, sharpe, great pop, but it has much better blacks.... sounds exactly what im looking for. Ive tried 3 high end projectors, Epson TW91000, panasonic AT6000 and even the sony HW50es, and i rejected them all and decided to keep the optoma... simply because its cross talk free. Epson TW91000, panasonic AT6000 & sony HW50es, they all have terrible crosstalk. And i find that unacceptable.

Anyone where who has compared an HD33 to the 9500BD? Is the 3D picture on the 9500 as beautiful and clean, vibrant as the HD33?

smile.gif
post #4563 of 4744
I ordered the refurb from TigerDirect. I couldn't resist the low price. It's supposed to arrive on Wednesday (the 27th). I'll report back what firmware it has. I looked at the other low cost 1080p projectors, but they all have shorter throws than my current projector which would require moving my ceiling mount. The H9500BD will mount nicely in the same place.
post #4564 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMamper View Post

Hey guys, i have following this thread with great interest. But im finding it hard get consistent answer to my questions.

I have a HD33 and i love it to bits. The 2D picture is very good, the 3D is... wow amazing. But there one element that disappointing me.... the HD33 blacks are disappointing. Generally i does bother me very much, but when im watching with friends... thats when im reminded as people will comment on how the picture is great, but not in dark scenes.

So i did some research and i hear the Acer H9500BD has picture thats very comparable to the HD33, vibrant, sharpe, great pop, but it has much better blacks.... sounds exactly what im looking for. Ive tried 3 high end projectors, Epson TW91000, panasonic AT6000 and even the sony HW50es, and i rejected them all and decided to keep the optoma... simply because its cross talk free. Epson TW91000, panasonic AT6000 & sony HW50es, they all have terrible crosstalk. And i find that unacceptable.

Anyone where who has compared an HD33 to the 9500BD? Is the 3D picture on the 9500 as beautiful and clean, vibrant as the HD33?

smile.gif

I haven't. I just bought the 9500BD due to the price at TigerDirect. Based on my research the 33 is better on 2D material and the 9500 on 3D material, though its not as bright in 3D mode. The 33 has a 6X color wheel too. But don't get the 9500 based on the black levels as they are comparable to the 33.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/acer-H9500BD-3D-home-theater-projector-review.htm?page=Conclusion
post #4565 of 4744
Well the Mitsubishi HC4000 has better blacks that the HD33 and the Acer bests the Mitsubishi by a good margin, so I would say that it would definitely be a significant upgrade in terms of black level. The Acer has very good black levels for a DLP projector. Colour won't be as accurate as the Optoma, but you'll still get that vibrant image that DLP is famous for.
post #4566 of 4744
Thanks for the replies, gosh its so confusing.

http://www.projectorreviews.com/acer/h9500bd/competitors.php
This site says the 9500bd is better as the black and contrast is much better than the HD33.

But as people have pointed out on projectorcentral say the HD33 had deeper blacks. So confusing.

Has anyone been able to own both and can chime in?

Thanks for the time guys biggrin.gif
post #4567 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMamper View Post

Thanks for the replies, gosh its so confusing.

http://www.projectorreviews.com/acer/h9500bd/competitors.php
This site says the 9500bd is better as the black and contrast is much better than the HD33.

But as people have pointed out on projectorcentral say the HD33 had deeper blacks. So confusing.

Has anyone been able to own both and can chime in?

Thanks for the time guys biggrin.gif

I don't recall any review claiming the HD33 had better blacks. Maybe equal if you don't use the iris on the 9500 but if you do it is no contest. I haven't owned both but just look at Art's pics in his reviews. I am pretty sure both are there and you can see the difference in blacks.
post #4568 of 4744
Does anyone know how this unit compares to the Infocu SP8602? I know its not fair to compare a $5000 pj with a $1000 one but, the SP was a long time ago in PJ years. I really like the pic but would like to have 3D and possibly better blacks and not give up anything else...

Maybe I should buy a cheapie 3D pj and spring for a 2-3 year old runco or Sim2 for the blacks?
post #4569 of 4744
point of clarification... Newegg says the 9500 has the "Standard Return Policy" : Return for refund within: 30 days
Return for replacement within: 30 days
Restocking Fee: Yes
This is our Standard Return Policy. Items covered by this policy (those products for which Newegg states "This item may be returned for a replacement or refund within 30 days only") must be returned to Newegg within 30 days of the invoice date for this policy to apply. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA.

restocking fee sucks but may be worth it to give it a try.
post #4570 of 4744
Well, I got my Refurb from tiger direct and it looks like I did not get the latest firmware:



From earlier posts I think that the latest version is "Scaler Ver B03 (May 25 2012)". Can someone confirm that is correct? I haven't tried it with an HDMI source, but I assume the A07 FW suffers from the blurry HDMI problem. I guess I will have to contact Acer support and send it in for an update.

Otherwise, it was packaged like a new unit. The only indication that it is a refurb is that the lamp already had 68 hours on it.
post #4571 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma957 View Post

Well, I got my Refurb from tiger direct and it looks like I did not get the latest firmware:



From earlier posts I think that the latest version is "Scaler Ver B03 (May 25 2012)". Can someone confirm that is correct? I haven't tried it with an HDMI source, but I assume the A07 FW suffers from the blurry HDMI problem. I guess I will have to contact Acer support and send it in for an update.

Otherwise, it was packaged like a new unit. The only indication that it is a refurb is that the lamp already had 68 hours on it.

You have an older firm ware. The blur is in 1:1 pixel mapping, it bleeds to the next pixel. Still very sharp for movies and I had no issue with it as a computer monitor at 100" but the larger the screen the more one will notice things. They also added some color controls to calibrate and addressed 3D SBS tearing.
post #4572 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma957 View Post

Well, I got my Refurb from tiger direct and it looks like I did not get the latest firmware:



From earlier posts I think that the latest version is "Scaler Ver B03 (May 25 2012)". Can someone confirm that is correct? I haven't tried it with an HDMI source, but I assume the A07 FW suffers from the blurry HDMI problem. I guess I will have to contact Acer support and send it in for an update.

Otherwise, it was packaged like a new unit. The only indication that it is a refurb is that the lamp already had 68 hours on it.

So I connected the projector to my HTPC via HDMI and the blurring was immediately noticeable on the PC desktop. My old projector (720P Acer H5360) was much sharper, so it is not acceptable to me. In addition, while I was testing the PJ for about an hour, it spontaneously shut down on me twice. Supposedly these refurbs have a 90 day warranty, so I called Acer support. However, before you can talk to a person you have to enter the SNID of the item and when I did that it said the product was out of warranty, and asked if I would like to purchase support. I also tried opening a support case on the Acer website and when I enter the SNID it says there is already an open case for that item and I can't open another.

So I called Tiger Direct and they offered to try and contact Acer for me and then get back to me, but by this time I was pretty skeptical about being able to get a Firmware update on the unit, so I asked for an exchange. They are out of stock now, so instead they set up a return for refund. Tiger Direct support was very good through everything, but I think I'll steer clear of refurbished items in the future.
post #4573 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma957 View Post

So I called Tiger Direct and they offered to try and contact Acer for me and then get back to me, but by this time I was pretty skeptical about being able to get a Firmware update on the unit, so I asked for an exchange. They are out of stock now, so instead they set up a return for refund. Tiger Direct support was very good through everything, but I think I'll steer clear of refurbished items in the future.

I used to buy refurbs, but electronic items have become so complicated that it's just a crapshoot now. I bought a refurb Onkyo HT receiver direct from Onkyo a few years back, and it would not even do the pass through to display a picture on my TV. It drove me nuts trying to check and double check all the connections, cables and settings on the TV, receiver and the PS3 I was using. I finally sent it back and bought a new one, which worked perfectly. I'm very skeptical that the service departments can even duplicate a lot of the issues that caused buyers to return the item, it just takes too much time to go through all the combinations of settings on a lot of these items.
post #4574 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by InCali View Post

Shoot. I was going to cash in some rewards and buy it, but by the time I did, it was back up to $80. If it drops again, I'll buy it. WTH, for $50, it would be a nice toy to have and play around with.
The Color3 Advanced B33 is now available for $80 plus a $60 mail in rebate from Newegg, bringing the final cost to $20...if you submit the forms and are patient.
post #4575 of 4744
Hi Sigma,


Send me a PM if you like. I think I can help you out. I should be able to get you free shipping (though I suggest having FedEx box it up for you at a cost of about $20) both ways AND get the warranty situation squared away.
post #4576 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul GS View Post

The Color3 Advanced B33 is now available for $80 plus a $60 mail in rebate from Newegg, bringing the final cost to $20...if you submit the forms and are patient.

I got one, but, for some reason, I get a video delay from my cable box which falls outside of my amplifier's ability to compensate. I didn't test the blu ray because if it doesn't work with the cable, it's not much good to me. Sucks.......it's not bad for sports though because I tend to know more about what's going on than the announcers.....though I do like to listen to Vin Scully and those convoluted stories he tells between pitches. I never figured out how he jumps back and forth the way he does without getting completely screwed up. I'm guessing he makes more money than I do......
post #4577 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma957 View Post

So I connected the projector to my HTPC via HDMI and the blurring was immediately noticeable on the PC desktop. My old projector (720P Acer H5360) was much sharper, so it is not acceptable to me. In addition, while I was testing the PJ for about an hour, it spontaneously shut down on me twice. Supposedly these refurbs have a 90 day warranty, so I called Acer support. However, before you can talk to a person you have to enter the SNID of the item and when I did that it said the product was out of warranty, and asked if I would like to purchase support. I also tried opening a support case on the Acer website and when I enter the SNID it says there is already an open case for that item and I can't open another.

So I called Tiger Direct and they offered to try and contact Acer for me and then get back to me, but by this time I was pretty skeptical about being able to get a Firmware update on the unit, so I asked for an exchange. They are out of stock now, so instead they set up a return for refund. Tiger Direct support was very good through everything, but I think I'll steer clear of refurbished items in the future.

I wouldn't give up on it if it's just the firmware update that's bothering you. Like I said, I'm pretty sure I can get your warranty and shipping taken care of.
post #4578 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes2cents View Post

Quoted myself due to bad news. I recently bought Skyfall and viewed it on the 9500. Horrible 24P stutter on that BD film and the family quickly tired of my attempts to correct it so I put it to the Epson 8350 and we enjoyed the movie with no issue. No changes to the Onkyo 818 so I don't know whether this is a 9500 thing or the AVR thing. I suspect it is related to the 9500 but have no time due to work schedule to really flesh this out. I have to say this is the first time I have seen this but it was not something one would want to watch. I was disappointed when I swapped the cable to my Epson 8350 and it played fine with no other changes. Very disappointed because I like my 9500 for that sort of thing. Can't blame that on the AVR with a simple cable swap now can I? I need to dig into this now but alas my 1 year Acer warranty is up. Booo Acer for that lame warranty.

On a positive note, I watched the Dredd movie from Amazon OD the other night at my son's request because he paid for it, not 3D but I could see where there could be some good 3D in it just from watching the 2D version. Of course this movie is not for youngsters so I may try the redbox thing to see it in 3D which I have never had a problem with on the 9500. Still, disappointed with the 23.9 something or another Skyfall viewing. Major bummer. It is what it is until I figure out what is going on when I get the time. You have the information I have at present.
Quoted myself again due to good news, problem solved and seems like a quirk. Came home from work today and decided I would get to the bottom of this one way or another even if it meant swapping BD players or any of my HTPCs, got two now lol. Talk about overkill, my backup is another PC altogether. Anyway, accumotion was the problem for some reason. Put the Skyfall back in on my DLP TV and it was flawless. Fired up the 9500 and it was stuttering while I could see it perfectly on the TV. Turned on accumotion to low and bam, worked fine. Turned accumotion off and still fine. So there you go and I was not ready to throw the PJ under the bus. Still very happy with this unit and that is why I still recommend it especially at $999 even with a needed FW update. I paid more and had to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCKCHILLOUT View Post

The key is to turn on accumotion for a few minutes then turn it off, works most of the time.
Thank you sir and I will buy you a drink should our paths ever cross. At the time we first watched the movie we were all settled in with snacks and drink so troubleshooting was brief and I swapped cables. All is well that ends well.
post #4579 of 4744
color corrector is free after rebate on new omlet website today.biggrin.gif
post #4580 of 4744
I purchased a refurb - it seems Acer does not warranty them. However, does anyone know if they will allow you to send it in for a firmware upgrade - even if out of warranty?

thx
post #4581 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgott42 View Post

I purchased a refurb - it seems Acer does not warranty them. However, does anyone know if they will allow you to send it in for a firmware upgrade - even if out of warranty?

thx

I'm looking into your questions and will get back to you.
post #4582 of 4744
Hey guys, I've been lurking in this thread for quite some time now, thanks to everyone contributing! I had my H9500BD equipped with the latest firmware in september and everything worked great until now. Yesterday I tried to watch a movie in 3D half side-by-side and suddenly the tearing was back eek.gif ! I tried different movies, different setting, switched the cables, everything I could think of. It still displays the correct firmware version in the service menu. But the tearing remains in the top quater of the screen. It doesn't happen while watching a 3D Bluray. Has anyone experienced this?
Edited by Feindseligkeit - 3/17/13 at 3:45am
post #4583 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by InCali View Post

I'm looking into your questions and will get back to you.

thx.
I contacted them, and they said I can send it in for the firmware upgrade.
post #4584 of 4744
I confirm that the new firmware from France doesn't solve my problems of tearings in SBS and blurring on PC via hdmi ... !!! mad.gif
Acer France don't change the motherboard !
They probably only flash the firmware ....
I'm very disappointed ! I bought this projector because these problems had been solved !
post #4585 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgott42 View Post

thx.
I contacted them, and they said I can send it in for the firmware upgrade.

Refurbished units are warrantied through a company called LSI and generally come with a 90 day warranty. Given the problems I've had with my projector (thankfully now solved), I would "not" recommend buying a refurbished unit that has this short of a warranty unless there is a reasonably priced extended warranty package.
post #4586 of 4744
With the continued scarcity of the Acer glasses, I just thought I'd mention that the Optoma BG-ZD101s work really well as an alternative. I also have UltraClears, which can't compare. The Optomas come the closest to the Acers as far as contrast and ability to sync are concerned.
post #4587 of 4744
Oh and I also have CrystalEyes 5 glasses which produce a nice image but for some reason will only sync at less than 6' from my 110" Da-Lite High Contrast Cinema Vision screen.
post #4588 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by elseven View Post

With the continued scarcity of the Acer glasses, I just thought I'd mention that the Optoma BG-ZD101s work really well as an alternative. I also have UltraClears, which can't compare. The Optomas come the closest to the Acers as far as contrast and ability to sync are concerned.

There was some discussion about this earlier in the thread. The Optomas 101s don't close, but give a good picture. They are also bigger than the Acer's for those who need to wear glasses. The Optoma 201s (I think that's the model) do close, supposedly are very good too, but, at least a few months back, were quite expensive (and also difficult to get in the US). Also the 201s look an "awful" lot like the Acer glasses except that they are black (a stylistic improvement in my and my dog's opinion).
post #4589 of 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by elseven View Post

Oh and I also have CrystalEyes 5 glasses which produce a nice image but for some reason will only sync at less than 6' from my 110" Da-Lite High Contrast Cinema Vision screen.

I was snooping around and found some black Acer glasses for a mere $1045 (no, I didn't fat-finger the 4 and the 5. eek.gif

Any takers? rolleyes.gif

PS If anyone wants mine, I'll sell them for half of that......
Edited by InCali - 3/20/13 at 1:27pm
post #4590 of 4744
I wasn't expecting it, but the $700 refurb showed up at my door after all. I was distraught when the order got cancelled but now that I got it I see a BUNCH of posts about the lack of QC on these refurb units. Still, if I can put in the time to make it right its a great fit for me.

So I am going to buy a Panny 500/Sony 790 to update my older Sony (non-3D BD player) to enjoy the 3D. Assuming I dig it, I will need at least 3 more sets of glasses. What are you guys doing for 3D glasses? I searched around some to no avail. It looks like the same issues with the 1070 (144 hz, etc) will be in effect. I was planning on getting several from Monoprice as they have done well by me over the years. Any other price conscious options?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › The Official Acer H9500BD Thread