1. Budget $3500 max, but would love to stay under that
2. Seating distance I somewhat have a unlimited seating distance. Room is 30 feet long. Currently sitting roughly 12-13 feet back now from my Mitsu 73 inch
3. Size/placement limitations no limitations. Plan on hanging this on my custom tv stand hovering over my center channel.
4. Uses and sources Bluray movie watching and PS4/Xbox One gaming.
5. Room lighting watching movies during the day has very very slight lighting almost dark, night watching is completely dark.
Im looking into the
Sony 70R550a $2164
Samsung 75F6300 $2449
Sharp 70LE650 $1679
Sharp 80LE650 $2998
Vizio 70 M701d-A3R $2198Vizio 80 M801d-A3R $3798
With this set having its own issues and costing more than the Sharp and Samsung 75 and 80 inch models, I somewhat ruled it out. Im content with a 70 inch panel.
Im seeing the Sony having ok picture quality. Not sure about possible problems with this set. I poked around in the r550a thread but didn't see anything widespread. This set got a 36ms input lag
Samsung having good picture quality but possible issues with clouding, flashlighting etc. This tv set to game mode, has 30ms input lag. 120ms not in game mode
Vizio having their own issues with clouding, flashligting. Vizio having a good picture also but with reliability issues. Their 80 inch version had a 40ms input lag
Sharp having a decent picture quality but not sure about input lag with gaming. Not sure about their issues as far as clouding etc..Their 60 inch version got 59ms input lag. Not sure about the 70
My main concern is I don't mind spending the extra money on a good panel as long as it has good picture quality, reliability, and doesn't have widespread issues with breaking down, flashlighting, clouding etc.. If I can get a good tv to play games on and watch movies, then Im fine even it cost more or less.
Here is a pic of roughly where I sit currently: