They arrived nice and early in the day. They are everything I hoped they would be (except for the trays **). I was able to get the buttkickers wired up and everything is nice and tight.
Add my voice to the chorus - just buy these chairs - they are great. (Be prepared for a potentially long wait to get them...)
I really hope Roman can come up with a much better, replacement tray soon. I'd be happy to act as a beta tester for you!
** The trays - I'm revising my statements about the trays. Here's my full review:
1) The trays are a nice feature. Having something is better than having no tray at all.
2) The trays connect to the seats in a very tight, smooth manner. When not connected, the attachment looks clean and attractive. The clearances on the post to the chair are very good.
3) The simulated wood grain is just so-so. I'd prefer a solid.
4) The construction of the trays is not up to the quality of the rest of the seating. The tray top is attached to a plastic bottom, with some form of foam center. The tray is not solid - it feels light and seems like it would not support significant weight. A snack plate, a drink - yes. Something more - not sure. The underside of the tray does not attach to the top seamlessly. You can see glue/foam at the junction, when you flip the tray upside down.
5) The tray will partially block the cup holder, even when turned fully outward. The tray is an oval shape, but overlaps the post enough to cause some blockage.
6) I consider the trays to be worth little in the overall price. I'd be very willing to pay a premium to replace these trays with something more substantial and attractive. An all metal solution, matching the cup holders/post/stand would be a very good option. All black would also be good.
7) I have not reviewed these trays in relation to other options - I've never seen another tray. These are my thoughts about what it would take to make the trays just as good as these exceptional seats.