or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2011 Monday Night Football on ESPN HD - Week 9 - Bears @ Eagles!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2011 Monday Night Football on ESPN HD - Week 9 - Bears @ Eagles!

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Monday Night Football on ESPN HD
Chicago Bears (4-3) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-4)
Live from Lincoln Financial Field, 8:30 PM ET
720p & DD5.1


Please include your source in your posts (Cable, Sat, Fiber, IPTV, OTA simulcast in home markets) and your location.
post #2 of 14
OTA Simulcast stations for tonight's game are:

Ch. 26-WCIU (independent) in Chicago

and

my17-WPHL in Philadelphia.
post #3 of 14
I will be watching via Comcast/South Jersey Area, Motorola HD Box sending the signal to The Pioneer 500M.

Tonite we shall see if The Eagles total domination of The Cowboys is going to carry over, I feel that they have turned the corner and will continue to be fighting for that NFC east title with the G Men, should be a great game
Go Eagles
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzalot View Post

I will be watching via Comcast/South Jersey Area, Motorola HD Box sending the signal to The Pioneer 500M.

Tonite we shall see if The Eagles total domination of The Cowboys is going to carry over, I feel that they have turned the corner and will continue to be fighting for that NFC east title with the G Men, should be a great game
Go Eagles

Question is, which feed will you watch? The actual broadcast on ESPN or the ESPN broadcast on WPHL?
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wellman View Post

Question is, which feed will you watch? The actual broadcast on ESPN or the ESPN broadcast on WPHL?

I prefer the actual ESPN Broadcast, Go Birds ! !
post #6 of 14
Seeing a band of 3 lines down the whole left side of my screen on shots post-play. Watching via Directv.
post #7 of 14
ESPN HD FiOS TV NYC

Nice to be able to watch a game with less swimming grass effect unlike what I get on FOX.
post #8 of 14
Here in Chicago, I was comparing the OTA on WCIU 26.1 to the ESPN feed on Comcast.
I'd say that the ESPN feed is just slightly sharper, and I see less of the swimming grass artifacts vs. the WCIU OTA feed. Both are pretty good.
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoguy60467 View Post

Here in Chicago, I was comparing the OTA on WCIU 26.1 to the ESPN feed on Comcast.
I'd say that the ESPN feed is just slightly sharper, and I see less of the swimming grass artifacts vs. the WCIU OTA feed. Both are pretty good.

A little swimming grass, and moire on my DTT-900 in widescreen mode. But otherwise, all is well OTA from Chicago, from WCIU-DT 26.1.
post #10 of 14
No complaints picture quality wise. Looks good. Watching at my parents house on DirecTV (San Diego DMA).
post #11 of 14
Comcast - ESPN HD - MD

No problems with Comcast this week
post #12 of 14
Wow, ESPN remembered that they could put up the "play-clock" like they do in collage games.
But the intermittent use of the clock is annoying.
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post

Wow, ESPN remembered that they could put up the "play-clock" like they do in collage games.
But the intermittent use of the clock is annoying.

I hear ya there. I wish Fox & ESPN would have a more consistent way of putting the play clock up. With Fox, theres never a consistency to it. With Fox sometimes they put it up with with :07, :05, :03 left on the play clock. With ESPN, its a roll of the dice. No one knows when the play clock appers. CBS on the other hand does a great job with the ps3 clock display as it usually flips it on with :15 left more often than not.
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Seeing a band of 3 lines down the whole left side of my screen on shots post-play. Watching via Directv.

I didn't see that on my DirecTV feed. I did see putrid Eagles defense, however.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › 2011 Monday Night Football on ESPN HD - Week 9 - Bears @ Eagles!