or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › LG 2012 TV line-up leaks! LM9600, LM8600 & PM9700
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG 2012 TV line-up leaks! LM9600, LM8600 & PM9700 - Page 8

post #211 of 222
Well -- 84" is ok , but I`m still waiting for the 47" LM9600.

I really need to know if it is going to happen , it should, it is on there web site , but still no release date.
The least LG could do would be to give some kind of time frame , other than sometime.

It was announced back in Jan. at CES , then scrapped , then back on and finally on LG`s web site.
But still no time frame from anyone on the web.

If all else fails , the LM8600 , looks like a fairly good substitute , not great , just good.

I want an LM9600 47" , yesterday !!

Later

G. 
post #212 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

Well -- 84" is ok , but I`m still waiting for the 47" LM9600.

I really need to know if it is going to happen , it should, it is on there web site , but still no release date.
The least LG could do would be to give some kind of time frame , other than sometime.

It was announced back in Jan. at CES , then scrapped , then back on and finally on LG`s web site.
But still no time frame from anyone on the web.

If all else fails , the LM8600 , looks like a fairly good substitute , not great , just good.

I want an LM9600 47" , yesterday !!

Later

G. 

Yeah everyone has a certain TV size they're needing/wanting. 84" will be perfect for me, as I have a really large room and the bigger screen size will be a plus. Here's hoping the TV's we all want become a reality this year.


Seth
post #213 of 222
Amen to that my friend !


Me 
post #214 of 222
Didn't they have a 72 LM9600 too? or was that LCD?

The sooner the 84 shows up the better.
post #215 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Here's hoping the TV's we all want become a reality this year.

I think that's my biggest fear. I like the 65LM6200 enough to buy it, but I'm holding out hoping the 72LM9500 is actually a reality this year.
post #216 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCecil View Post

Didn't they have a 72 LM9600 too? or was that LCD?

The sooner the 84 shows up the better.

That would be the 72LM9500.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=200


But why would anyone want a 72" matte panel with local dimming?

Bonus (for techies only): http://aic.lgservice.com/DATA/SVM/KR...0212749-b1.pdf

-nony
post #217 of 222
Yikes. I don't see North America mentioned in the service area as a market. Does that mean we're capped at 65" for yet another year? Sigh.
post #218 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by THe_Flash View Post

Yikes. I don't see North America mentioned in the service area as a market. Does that mean we're capped at 65" for yet another year? Sigh.

I can't say. If they go through the ritual of getting FCC certification, why wouldn't they go to market here?

This is the 2nd 72" model to be FCC certified, and as you know, the first one never hit. Maybe they get these models certified, because its a requirement to do so before they can show them off at trade shows and other events.

Perhaps they need to get an up-front firm order commitment from a big box buyer.

-nony
post #219 of 222
You're right, I waited last year and it never happened. I'm not completely closed to the larger Sharp models, but I really wanted passive for my 3D option. The 72" fits the bill if it actually goes to market in the U.S. . The 65" would be a nice bump from my existing 52", but the 6-footer would be a true upgrade with the wow factor imo. Guess I'll just continue to wait.
post #220 of 222
I wrote LG an email today asking if the 72LM9500 would be available in the U.S. this year, or if the 65" would be the largest.

"I will be more than happy to check that for you. No, unfortunately this model will not be available. Yes 65" is the biggest TV we have for Home use."
post #221 of 222
Does anyone know if the LM9600 has problems with playing back 24p content? I read a review on Amazon where this guy says that this flaw exists in European models, but is now present on North American models as well. He says there are motion trails seen especially in dark scenes, which lead to a very degraded picture, not to mention it being annoying. Does this exist when playing 24p content? If is did exist, has the problem been fixed?
post #222 of 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio5oh View Post

Does anyone know if the LM9600 has problems with playing back 24p content? I read a review on Amazon where this guy says that this flaw exists in European models, but is now present on North American models as well. He says there are motion trails seen especially in dark scenes, which lead to a very degraded picture, not to mention it being annoying. Does this exist when playing 24p content? If is did exist, has the problem been fixed?



I can`t answer your question with any degree of certainty but I HAD the 47 " LM8600 and found there was a TON of motion blur and I found NO fix or adjustments to solve the blur problem I was having.

I say this because it is my belief that LG is over processing there picture with no real way of defeating it.

I had more issues than that , but no need to re-hash , but needless to say it was not the TV I was hoping for ( I returned it ) and since LG canceled the US release of the 47" LM9600 , I am back to my old , but faithful Sony XBR2 ( KDL40XBR2 ).

My search for a proper LCD-LED 3D TV continues , last year I tried Sony`s 929 and it was also junk.

Can`t anyone make a decent TV anymore mad.gif

G. 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › LG 2012 TV line-up leaks! LM9600, LM8600 & PM9700