or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread - Page 100

post #2971 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by space123321 View Post

I am really having a hard time deciding what HMD to go to - HMZ or st1080 (any comments would be appreciated)! I was a previous owner of the Sony, therefore I totally understand what is required to mod it for comfort (I ended up with the welders mod). I had sold the Sony to replace it with the ST1080 (and the fact that I made a profit on the Sony due to demand). I am on the fence, off the fence with the ST1080 due to the issues with the tech, however the portability and 1080p is what is really pushing me! On the other hand, the Sony has an outstanding picture (once fitted correctly) however only 720p. I have a chance to grab a slightly used Sony and remod it again at a fairly good price.... hmmmmm what to do lol!
On a side note, I am patiently waiting the Oculus kickstarter kit for a full immersive HMD - what should my everyday and movies HMD be - st or HMZ???
i believe there is only once answer here - get HMZ-T1.
ST1080 looks good on paper. if you haven't seen HMZ-T1 before, you will be amazed by the quality of image. if you already used HMZ-T1 and then compare it to ST1080..
post #2972 of 3364
I'd have to say the HMZ as well. The ST1080 needs some work and the HMZ is much better.
post #2973 of 3364
Lets hope sony feel fit to make a 1080p hmz-1 next year cool.gif
post #2974 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post

Lets hope sony feel fit to make a 1080p hmz-1 next year cool.gif

We should know the answer to that in late August or early September.
post #2975 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindskog View Post

Hi, I just bought the HMZ-T1 yesterday and I have not had time to read anything here, but I am not as impressed by the sound as by the picture.

Is there some way to get the sound out of the HDMI output to a ordinary 3.5 mm headphone jack at the same time as using the HMZ headset?

Thanks

I soldered those two audio wires in hmz to female 3.5mm plug. That solved my audio problem. Only prob was, where to place it in my mod,
post #2976 of 3364
Hi All,

I am from India and yesterday ordered a HMZ-T1 from eBay. In India Sony does not sell this item. It will hopefully arrive in next 15 days.

As I am new, and intending to play some 3D content, I don't have a stand alone 3D BD player. Instead I have the following:

1. Samsung Laptop having the following configuration:

Core i7 CPU, 2GHz.
8GB RAM, 2GB Video RAM with NVIDIA Geforce GT540M, HDMI output, 750GB HDD
Integrated Blu-Ray Player.

How can I play 3D movie with the above configuration? Will this machine support 3D?

Beside the above, I have a Western Digital WD TV Media Player having HDMI out. Will this support 3D?

And also I have Fuji W3 3D camera. I think I can play 3D directly from this with a direct HDMI connection.

Any help?

May God Bless all of us,

Bulan.
post #2977 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuluGulu View Post

Hi All,
I am from India and yesterday ordered a HMZ-T1 from eBay. In India Sony does not sell this item. It will hopefully arrive in next 15 days.
As I am new, and intending to play some 3D content, I don't have a stand alone 3D BD player. Instead I have the following:
1. Samsung Laptop having the following configuration:
Core i7 CPU, 2GHz.
8GB RAM, 2GB Video RAM with NVIDIA Geforce GT540M, HDMI output, 750GB HDD
Integrated Blu-Ray Player.
How can I play 3D movie with the above configuration? Will this machine support 3D?
Beside the above, I have a Western Digital WD TV Media Player having HDMI out. Will this support 3D?
And also I have Fuji W3 3D camera. I think I can play 3D directly from this with a direct HDMI connection.
Any help?
May God Bless all of us,
Bulan.

You just need to install CyberLink PowerDVD 11 or 12 that's all, then you will be able to play 3D Blu Ray movies

For 3D games your PC config is not enough for modern games, you can play some DirectX9 games with low settings
post #2978 of 3364
Anyone waiting to see the Zeiss Cinemizer OLED?
post #2979 of 3364
I forsure am waiting to see reviews for it, not buying this time until I know it's good. Looks promising but hope it's not another ST1080....
post #2980 of 3364
At only 870 x 500 pixels, the Zeiss isn't even HD, it is SD. I already consider the Sony to be only marginally acceptable with its 720P panels, but dropping even lower than that I would immediately dismiss for my intended TV/movie use.
post #2981 of 3364
I ´m a proud owner of the HMZ-T1 , it´s fantastic but probably I´ll sell it when this appears: http://oculusvr.com/?page_id=2
post #2982 of 3364
it's not HD though... I don't know, HMZ is the best HMD I have seen to date.
post #2983 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicoliver View Post

it's not HD though... I don't know, HMZ is the best HMD I have seen to date.

Not now but they say it will be 1200x800
post #2984 of 3364
omg, can't read full sentence?
-Input resolution of 1280×800, split between two eyes

so it will be like 640x800 per eye? pretty low, but i'd love to see that increased FOV.
post #2985 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by kixpress View Post

omg, can't read full sentence?
-Input resolution of 1280×800, split between two eyes
so it will be like 640x800 per eye? pretty low, but i'd love to see that increased FOV.

relax man
post #2986 of 3364
increased FOV will lower your effective res even further, because a portion of the screen will be essentially in your periphery vision.

Like I said, HMZ is the current market leader in terms of quality and resolution. If you actually own one I'm surprised you are looking elsewhere so soon.
post #2987 of 3364
I´m delighted wlth HMZ but I´m looking for TOTAL inmersion in games so I hope someday it will be something better to spend my money rolleyes.gif
post #2988 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 4 View Post

We should know the answer to that in late August or early September.

Do you mean they may show something at IFA?
post #2989 of 3364
I been able to use my HMZ with my head cushion for over 3 hours now, been watching numerous concerts with the light blocker and loving it! I hope Sony comes out with a new model in the future that is smaller and 1080p or better.
post #2990 of 3364
Found answers, sorry.
Edited by johnsmith808 - 7/24/12 at 9:02pm
post #2991 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohd2000 View Post

just make it perfect, i'll buy it biggrin.gif

First results:



As you can see down left, the polyamide material is very sensitive to moisture, i.e. even tiny amounts of sweat.


Nonetheless, the image is perfectly sharp - center and edges at both times. ;-)
I'll try to reduce some parts in the near future. Hopefully the current weight of 145g (case) decreases to... let's say 100-120g.
post #2992 of 3364
nice mods.
post #2993 of 3364
i wonder if thats available for sale biggrin.gif
post #2994 of 3364
Currently it really was more of a prototype to see if it's working at all, i.e. the optics mount inside, integration of the control device (that plate with the 4 buttons) into the case.




Like I said I'm going to refine the concept the next days/weeks. Gonna upload that file to shapeways as well then.
post #2995 of 3364
Pretty cool
post #2996 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBlackMambaI View Post

Currently it really was more of a prototype to see if it's working at all, i.e. the optics mount inside, integration of the control device (that plate with the 4 buttons) into the case.

Like I said I'm going to refine the concept the next days/weeks. Gonna upload that file to shapeways as well then.

How expensive is this mod?

Can you extend the face part a big to sides and add holes for ski mask rubber holder thingy?
post #2997 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViruzzX View Post

How expensive is this mod?
Can you extend the face part a big to sides and add holes for ski mask rubber holder thingy?


Well, currently it is around 250€ (without prof. headstrap). Material = black strong flexible
I noticed that the base material still is white, the black color is just a final production step. If you go to order the model in pure white polyamide it then only costs around 195€

Regarding the ski mask mod you don't need the mounting parts as well, which reduces the price to around 175€

Also, like I mentioned in an earlier posting, there still is some potential to optimize the case and get it cheaper. Though I would say that you can't get below 120-130€ ;-)
post #2998 of 3364
Is there anyone who wears the HMZ-T1 for video only but listens to the movie audio through separate 5.1/7.1 speakers (aka not using the headphone)?
post #2999 of 3364
There's a [potential] problem with that. Even though you may insist "I don't move my head around , at all, when I watch." In truth, you actually do by small degrees. This is a natural tendency of both humans (and dogs) to evaluate their surroundings sonically through the change in the intra-aural left vs right ear crosstalk, time delay, level and changes in the frequency response due to HRTF changes.

When the image stays fixed yet the sound field rotates about, it is disconcerting and in extreme situations can even cause vertigo or nausea, in some, because the brain is getting conflicting information about one's sense of space and surroundings.

If you keep your head locked it wont be a problem and you may not be as disturbed by it as some are, however I thought to warn you.

There have been very special experimental headphones desinged which will pan and tilt the sound field about as attached sensors monitor your head movements. I believe some call this "de-convolution".
Edited by m. zillch - 8/2/12 at 7:36am
post #3000 of 3364
I do watch 3D movie with HMZ-T1 with 5.1 sound system. No problem with sound direction as the head movement is small. Also play some 3D game that doesn't required head tracking is fine. You don't need pinpoint accuracy for RPG or platform game. For FPS, I use headphone with Dolby 3D support.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread