or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread - Page 107

post #3181 of 3370
Yes I can see the red can thing kind of rotate. If I close one eye at a time I see a clear picture in each eye. Its as if the two images are over lapping each other to give a strange view.

This unit is brand new sent from Japan.

Any other ideas apreciated and thanks so much for taking the time!
post #3182 of 3370
Hello again,

I just did some checking on my hardware and the HDMi mini cable from my desktop to the HMD box is 1.03 and not 1,04. Could this be the problem?

So many things to eliminate
post #3183 of 3370
red can thing? If you get a clear picture in each eye but it displays wrong it could be the eyes are the wrong way round or somehow you've set crazy convegence. Most likely the eyes need swapping(just run the setup again). Try playing back with stereoscopic player or on the nvidia 3dvision site both of these allow you to swap the images displayed to each eye.
I've assumed you are using Nvidia's 3dtvplay as you've got a gtx 650. When you run the "test stereoscopic 3d" in the nvidia control panel does that display ok?
I don't think anything actually changed in the cable in the spec change but I could be wrong, the cable i use is definitely pre hdmi 1.4.
post #3184 of 3370
Very kind of you to take your time.

I think I found the problem. The steroescopic test worked well and I got my first dose of 3D. But it said I can make the experience even better if I upgrade to 3D vision software? So I assume that is what I need?

It's weird because if I search for my card (650 not ti) there is no info I can find on 3D.I even have the box and it says "INNO 3D" on the side. Do you think I should just buy the software?

Thanks for any help
post #3185 of 3370
"INNO 3D" is just the brand of your card same as ASUS make cards. From the sound of it your setup works. There is a 14 day trial of 3dtvplay:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-14day-trial.html so you can give it a try before you buy it. Tridef also do a trial of their software if you want to compare the two.
post #3186 of 3370
Thank you so much,

Just installed the software and got all excited. The problem now is the HMZ will not accept the resolution? In the Nvidia display settings there are only two 3D resolution settings. I tried both and many more yet the HMZ gives this message (in red) stating the resolution is not compatable even though it is!

Oh I think I nearly had enough but open to any suggestions.

again, thanks for trying to help"
post #3187 of 3370
3dtvplay can only run well at 720p aka 1280 x 720 game res otherwise you will run at 1080 24Hz which is only good for movies. If you run TriDef then you can play at 1080p using SBS mode which also has to be manually set on the visor in the menu. I'm only using a 560ti OC and it plays decent. The other nice thing about TriDef is that it can scale if you want. When using TriDef make sure you uncheck the turn on 3d in the Nvidia control panel. Also make sure to set your game to the correct res. Nvidia refuses to use SBS or Top Bottom for gaming because it makes the end user have to set their display to that mode manually. Pretty dumb move on their part. I think they think it will make it too complicated when all it involves is pushing buttons on a TV or display menu.
post #3188 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPro View Post

Thank you so much,
Just installed the software and got all excited. The problem now is the HMZ will not accept the resolution? In the Nvidia display settings there are only two 3D resolution settings. I tried both and many more yet the HMZ gives this message (in red) stating the resolution is not compatable even though it is!
Oh I think I nearly had enough but open to any suggestions.
again, thanks for trying to help"
did you go through the setup wizard for 3dtvplay in the control panel. It should set a 3d resolution was done unless you untick the box...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSP48 View Post

3dtvplay can only run well at 720p aka 1280 x 720 game res otherwise you will run at 1080 24Hz which is only good for movies. If you run TriDef then you can play at 1080p using SBS mode which also has to be manually set on the visor in the menu. I'm only using a 560ti OC and it plays decent. The other nice thing about TriDef is that it can scale if you want. When using TriDef make sure you uncheck the turn on 3d in the Nvidia control panel. Also make sure to set your game to the correct res. Nvidia refuses to use SBS or Top Bottom for gaming because it makes the end user have to set their display to that mode manually. Pretty dumb move on their part. I think they think it will make it too complicated when all it involves is pushing buttons on a TV or display menu.

Ah thanks. Looking back I actually didn't use SBS. I had 3dvision enabled and then used the amd setting for frame packing. Probably why I had performance issues. I don't know why I didn't try 1080p sbs. I'll give them another go I think. Hopefully they'll work better that way it would be nice to support a company that actually seems to care about making games work in stereo 3d, If it weren't for Helix's mod and all the people that work on patches 3Dvision would be a joke.
I get why nvidia wants to force an automatic system it's true pc gaming could me much more user friendly for the masses but it is very annoying they don't add SBS or Top\Bottom as an option for those of us that like to play around with things. Then again they limit access to quadbuffer stereo just so they can scrape a few extra pennies so it's not exactly a surprise. Hopefully the Rift will be the game changer its shaping up to be and stereo 3D will be built directly into games in the future.
post #3189 of 3370
Thank you all soooo much! it was indeed the game settings. Now it works so well.

I will try the other software as need for speed shift 2 is not very good in 3D. Even my HMV told me so as the game started up smile.gif Also, with the Nivida 3D software, it makes my 32inch Sony Bravo TV (I have hooked up so I get dual screen) is out of line at 720p. So I think a higher RES would be a big advantage even if it means more processing power.

Thanks again all. Real good people you are. Have some fun now ok!
post #3190 of 3370
Hi all,

I've read in all the thread about the topic : " removing the internal gearwheel that blocks the indipendent movement of the lens" and in all the web as well. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a real step by step guide on how to remove the famous gearwheel piece that doesn't allow the indipendent movement of the lenses making the overall image never completely focused.

Do you guys have any experience? Could you write or link a sort of a guide about that?

I'm sure there is a lot of people with this problem and I'm also pretty sure that removing the wheel finally the edge blurry effect will finish.
I've also opened a tread about that:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1444039/sony-hmz-t1-how-to-remove-the-gearwheel-to-make-the-lenses-movement-indipent

Thanks in advacne for any input
post #3191 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalakos View Post

Hi all,
I've read in all the thread about the topic : " removing the internal gearwheel that blocks the indipendent movement of the lens" and in all the web as well. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a real step by step guide on how to remove the famous gearwheel piece that doesn't allow the indipendent movement of the lenses making the overall image never completely focused.
Do you guys have any experience? Could you write or link a sort of a guide about that?
I'm sure there is a lot of people with this problem and I'm also pretty sure that removing the wheel finally the edge blurry effect will finish.
I've also opened a tread about that:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1444039/sony-hmz-t1-how-to-remove-the-gearwheel-to-make-the-lenses-movement-indipent
Thanks in advacne for any input

I did it to my old t1, very easy use this video for reference but its a such low quality that i did everything by myself, basically you dissemble everything until you get to the very last part and there you'll see the gear.
took me 30 minutes, very easy, only uses 1 type of screws for the main part and smaller screws for the sides (where headphones and straps located)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAUA8blf4G8
post #3192 of 3370
Thanks for the link. Yea indeed it's a very low quality video. So it seems to be mandatory dissembling everything (headphones comprise). I really hoped that were a different way to avoid that.
post #3193 of 3370
Mabye a stupid question but How Do you conect the splitter whit t1. Mvh
post #3194 of 3370
post #3195 of 3370
Hi im sellin my hmz t1 600$plus shipping have warranti till dec.2013
post #3196 of 3370
Disassemble guide, how to remove gear sprocket and how to fix audio buzz noise on Sony HMZ-T1
post #3197 of 3370
Hi People,I need HELP!!

I'm using HMZ-T1 already 3 days,everything is ok, EXCEPT ONE THING
I Can't,i mean no way, can't get right focus of my right upper side of the screen!
I took out that cogwheel to adjust lenses separately(it helps a lot), i made middle sized pad even thinner then the thin one, to get my eyes closer to the screens,i made a head strap, but wont be able to get away from that blurriness!!
I'm attaching 2 photos,first one is the Original,second one i made some changes with Photoshop to approximately show you what i see on the screens,the blurriness!
masseffect3 Original.jpg 721k .jpg file
masseffect3 Blurry.jpg 661k .jpg file

Can someone help me,i don't know the reason!!!



Edited by Sazhman - 12/24/12 at 7:55am
post #3198 of 3370
The problem could be the focus angle. Try to tilt and see if you can get better focus. Also, I found out the edge enhancement is still on at 0. Best setting is at - 6 for sharpness. I get very smooth video with this setting plus it reduce noise on some movie during dark scene.
post #3199 of 3370
Ok, i will try and let you know!
post #3200 of 3370
Purchased the Sony HMZ-T1 in November 2011 and still use it daily. It's great to relax and watch movies in 2D and 3D and as a lounge chair computer monitor for every application that doesn't require sitting at the desk. Also, I love the major convenience of just putting them on, earphone speakers already attached and just having to turn it on.

Noticed SONY USA still only sells the HMZ-T1 and I'm thinking of buying another. Does the HMZ-T2 offer anything better in quality performance? Already tried separate speakers when I tested the ST1080s and found I don't like the additional speaker setup hassles. The all-in-one headset design of HMZ-T1 has been very convenient and I just would like to know if there are any other benefits from a HMZ-T2 as opposed to an HMZ-T1?

Paul
post #3201 of 3370
nice to hear the HMZ has served you so well. you'll probably get more responses over on the T2 thread.
I use my T2 with some wireless Turtle Beach headsets and its the perfect combination.
post #3202 of 3370
What is the best"Display" settings for the ps3..?
:-)
post #3203 of 3370
Have anyone has experience of using Sony HMZ-T1 with quad buffered OpenGL program?

I'm trying to use the HMZ -T1 HMD for a research application. To start with, I bought the NVIDIA Quadro K-5000 card and installed with latest drivers (ver: 310.90). I have connected Sony HMD and trying to run the sample OpenGL quad buffered program (fire_stereo, Hw flipping mode) downloaded from http://www.gali-3d.com/archive/articles ... torial.php.

Whatever I tried ( changing the stereo display mode in NVIDIA control panel, turning the triple buffering On/Off) i can't get the HMD to detect the stereo signal. I have the enable stereo On in the control panel. I'm not sure where the problem is. My hunch is somehow the graphics card is not conveying the stereo signal in HDMI 1.4 format to the HMD. Any thoughts or hints? Thanks you!
post #3204 of 3370
A bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a spare plastic backing from one of the pads? I've misplaced the backing of one of the pads, and discovered this when I was about to sell the device and as a result the sale fell through.

I've spent 30 mins on the phone to Sony UK, who seem clueless as to the part number. The closest I got was headband assembly. At the end the guy asked me if the HMZ-T1 was a set of earphones eek.gifmad.gif

I'd pay for any postage to the UK, and maybe a small fee for the plastic (I don't need the padded bit - I still have that).

Cheers!
post #3205 of 3370
This is a long thread for me to read right now, so i'm sorry for asking, is there a solution for the inner light reflecting on the outer rim of each lens, creating that tunnel view effect? I don't have warranty on it and i'm pretty good at DIY, but i'm not sure if it's worth the trouble dismantling it ...
post #3206 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG25 View Post

This is a long thread for me to read right now, so i'm sorry for asking, is there a solution for the inner light reflecting on the outer rim of each lens, creating that tunnel view effect? I don't have warranty on it and i'm pretty good at DIY, but i'm not sure if it's worth the trouble dismantling it ...
Simply tape matte black masking tape horizontally and vertically at the edges of each eye hole. Worked an absolute treat on mine.
post #3207 of 3370
Thanks, i'll try that.
post #3208 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob1971 View Post

Simply tape matte black masking tape horizontally and vertically at the edges of each eye hole. Worked an absolute treat on mine.

Still not understand, could you make an illustration for this? The reflection really bother me frown.gif
post #3209 of 3370
Gosh.... Im tempted now to chop away the plastic where one looks thru. That would help reduce the tunnel effect even more biggrin.gif. The display would be amazing like that!
post #3210 of 3370
I might actually open it again and remove the black plastic "caps" that cover the lenses. That would certainly almost eliminate the tunnel vision effect.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread