or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread - Page 108

post #3211 of 3364
Not sure how removing the plastic that covers on the lens would help as you need something down the said to block the reflections. Black tape would help like said earlier, I cut some black plastic strips from a cost hanger fixed with blue tac so could adjust them. Painting there edges of the lenses with black mat paint has also been suggested think that helped a bit but doesn't get rid of it.

Really did my head in as well spoils the illusion of looking at a big screen.
post #3212 of 3364
What ill try today is remove the black lens caps. That reduces the reflective surfaces. Then ill use a special light absorbing sticky backed felt to stick around edges of "eye sockets". The combined effect could well reduce the tunnel effect by a huge factor. Ive already painted the lens edges black, not really sure if that did anything.
Edited by 3DMamper - 2/4/13 at 4:14am
post #3213 of 3364
Could you post some pictures, please?
post #3214 of 3364
Ill do it tonight and post piccys immediately.

Update tried adding back felt to the outsides kf the peep holds and made no difference/very little difference. Its actually the inside edges of the lens being lit up by the image light. Even painting the lens edges wont fix this.
Edited by 3DMamper - 2/4/13 at 11:02am
post #3215 of 3364
Guys, help me.... My unit processor for hmz-t1 is broken. I used this for 4 days and I do not know what the cause, but not the processing unit sends more signal to the glasses, the glasses normally turn on and then show a message on screen "no signal". Already changed all cables, follow the User Manual and found that the error is actually in the processing unit. Power on the connecting the processing unit, it flashes 3 times (green), but not send any signal to the glasses because it shows the message "no signal". (after menu config on the glass).

I'll take my processing unit for an electronic technician in the city, but he believes he may not have repair may be some problems in the overhead processor (would not fix). "He is still analyzing the processor unit...."

I need buy other processor unit, where i can find this for buy ? I have not found on ebay....=/

I am live on Brazil and here the Sony not have support for this....=/

Thanks for all suport guys.

Best Regards,

Agnatus

ps - Leaving the processing unit off, the signal is usually sent to the tv ... but when power on the unit processor, the error occurs. Sorry for my bad english...
Edited by agnatus - 2/5/13 at 3:31am
post #3216 of 3364
Mine broke when i used a hdmi splitter on it and plugged in the wrong power supply into the splitter and over loaded it. Bought it back to sony and they repaired it for free. biggrin.gif
post #3217 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMamper View Post

Mine broke when i used a hdmi splitter on it and plugged in the wrong power supply into the splitter and over loaded it. Bought it back to sony and they repaired it for free. biggrin.gif

I think maybe my have happened the same way because I have too splliter hdmi ...
3D Mamper, you have any unit processer to sell ?
I do not know what to do because living in a country that's not sony product support ...frown.gif
post #3218 of 3364
I have done everything with focus, but +6 sharpness helped me a lot, thank you friend !!!!!
Is the rumors right, that the new T2 version dose not have edge blurriness problems ?????
post #3219 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjyap View Post

The problem could be the focus angle. Try to tilt and see if you can get better focus. Also, I found out the edge enhancement is still on at 0. Best setting is at - 6 for sharpness. I get very smooth video with this setting plus it reduce noise on some movie during dark scene.

I have done everything with focus, but +6 sharpness helped me a lot, thank you friend !!!!!
Is the rumors right, that the new T2 version dose not have edge blurriness problems ?????
post #3220 of 3364
Agnatus, phone up sony europe and ask them if you can post it to them for repair. I am sure they will look after you as they did for me.

As for the T2 i do find it easier to achieve focus. The HMZ is very dependant on how refreshed your eyes are feeling. On good days i can get about 90% of the fov in great focus with the remainder in good focus. On a bad day then i can only get good focua in the middle and the rest is not pleasing.

I think the reason for the T2 being easier to focus is because its less front heavy hence the unit sags down the face less over the session.
post #3221 of 3364
Has anyone tried this product ;-)


he all new Blazin 3D Pitch Black is a light blocker for your Sony HMZ T1. It slides over your HMZ and head easily, for a snug comfortable fit and blocks 100% of all light giving you a perfect pitch black movie theater like experience. After wearing this and watching movies, you will be so immersed using the HMZ that you will think your in the IMAX, only no one will bother you with annoying chatter, coughing and sneezing.

It also comes with a thick, soft forehead pad which rest under the HMZ's forhead pad and connects with velcro. Our studies with numerous pads have found this spot is perfect for eliminating pressure the HMZ puts upon your nose. Using this pad will raise the HMZ up off your nose and still give you a good view of the screen.
post #3222 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazhman View Post

I have done everything with focus, but +6 sharpness helped me a lot, thank you friend !!!!!
Is the rumors right, that the new T2 version dose not have edge blurriness problems ?????

Not rumors, I sold my T1 and got T2, its day and night.
T1 was unsubtle, the worst purchase of my live.
T2 is excellent, no blurriness, much easier to setup, with T it took me 45 minutes to find a right spot for it, with T2 maybe 10 minutes.
post #3223 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViruzzX View Post

Not rumors, I sold my T1 and got T2, its day and night.
T1 was unsubtle, the worst purchase of my live.
T2 is excellent, no blurriness, much easier to setup, with T it took me 45 minutes to find a right spot for it, with T2 maybe 10 minutes.
Hmmm.....well.....but i don't think it's worth to pay 250$ more, is it?
Edited by Sazhman - 2/8/13 at 3:00am
post #3224 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMamper View Post

Agnatus, phone up sony europe and ask them if you can post it to them for repair. I am sure they will look after you as they did for me.

As for the T2 i do find it easier to achieve focus. The HMZ is very dependant on how refreshed your eyes are feeling. On good days i can get about 90% of the fov in great focus with the remainder in good focus. On a bad day then i can only get good focua in the middle and the rest is not pleasing.

I think the reason for the T2 being easier to focus is because its less front heavy hence the unit sags down the face less over the session.
Thank you, but live in Armenia, that kind of things can't be done here...and you're absolutely right about freshness of eyes, but do you think it's worth to pay 250$ more for T2?
post #3225 of 3364
If you are into movies and 3D gaming then yes. Testing with both, i believe the input lag on the T2 is lower than T1. Even in vivid mode its fast enough for fast paced FPS gaming.
post #3226 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazhman View Post

Hmmm.....well.....but i don't think it's worth to pay 250$ more, is it?

Of course.
T1 is unusable, T2 is better.
But both suck, coolness over ergonomy was a bad choice by Sony and the only reason these sell is because they have no competition.
post #3227 of 3364
Well you have to give it to sony for making somthing where the picture quality blows away anything before it. So you can slam them as much as you want. But all the others out there suck for PQ. And at the end of the day thats where VR and headsets have always failed. But sony achieved it. And now everyone else is gonna jump on board and fix the final piece of the puzzel. So, thank sony or we will be have rubbish products like the st1080 which is a compete let down.
post #3228 of 3364
Why do you say the T1 is unusable. i I think there both probably unusable as they come. Not used the T2 so I can't really say but they don't really look that different. My T1 is just the lense attached to some headphones and its fine no comfort issues nothing touching my face.

Could more lag on the T1 for FPS be caused by the different screen size. Think I read the perceived screen size was bigger on the T1.
post #3229 of 3364
post #3230 of 3364
I have very good mod for the T2 that works a bit like a ski mask. Very simple to make. And if you where to attach a tracking sensor onto it you will deffo be able to move you head around without losing the sweet spot. I need to test it on other people to see how universal it is.

The T2 lower input lag is deffo not because of the virtual size difference.

And i agree. Sony messed up the fit. And as a result for 99% of people who buy it is not worth the asking price. But if like me and others you hVe found a mod that works for you, the results are price less. And tbh even when oculous comes out. I try my best o own both. biggrin.gif
post #3231 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMamper View Post

I have very good mod for the T2 that works a bit like a ski mask. Very simple to make. And if you where to attach a tracking sensor onto it you will deffo be able to move you head around without losing the sweet spot. I need to test it on other people to see how universal it is.

The T2 lower input lag is deffo not because of the virtual size difference.

And i agree. Sony messed up the fit. And as a result for 99% of people who buy it is not worth the asking price. But if like me and others you hVe found a mod that works for you, the results are price less. And tbh even when oculous comes out. I try my best o own both. biggrin.gif
I've removed the cogwheel to be able to control lenses separately, I took middle sized cushion pad and made it thinner than the thin one to get my eyes close to the screens, I made soft material for headstraps too avoid pressure, I've removed its own headphones, besides that it dropped a lot weight, I am using tritton ax pro, which is better!!
Without that upgrades, i wouldn't be able to use it!
post #3232 of 3364
Is it just me, or the lenses of T2 is Wider ??
post #3233 of 3364
i have a few small goose necks from the £1 shop (usb led lights)attaching the lenses to some decent headphones can adjust to suit really quickly. can also get eyes right in as no plastic in the way. nothing touching my face only the headphones hold it to my head. i tried the ski goggle approach still found it touching my face to be a real pain spoils the effect of looking at a large screen.
post #3234 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMamper View Post

I have very good mod for the T2 that works a bit like a ski mask. Very simple to make.
Could you please post a pic or two, so i can make an idea what's the mod about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by longchop View Post

i have a few small goose necks from the £1 shop (usb led lights)attaching the lenses to some decent headphones can adjust to suit really quickly. can also get eyes right in as no plastic in the way. nothing touching my face only the headphones hold it to my head.
Did you completely disassemble it and get rid of all the plastic parts, in order to make this mod? I can't imagine how you could do this otherwise, without having it slide all the time on your face.
post #3235 of 3364
Yes complete disassemble have all the parts still though all so can put back if need to. Doesn't slide my face as is held suspended from the headphone band. The only weight from the hmz is the lens part. I posted pics ages ago changed since then but it will give you an idea if you look at my old posts.
post #3236 of 3364
I think i know them, the ones with the teddy bear. biggrin.gif But i'm not to fond of the mod because the electronics are exposed and you need to use it in total darkness.
post #3237 of 3364
yer thats the one, i covered the electronics in silicone jacket so they cant touch anything can now detatch goose necks for storage. i use in dark room or in bed so dont get light polution. In the day the screens are bright enough, to be honest as stock design I never was able to block out light completely this isn't as bad as it looks for light.

its a lot to do and then find out this isnt what you want. i got to the point of im never going to use this as it is so thought the heck ill try this tried everything else. I'm glad I did but lots of room for things to go wrong I guess.

i don't think I get nearly as much internal reflection either but can't really compare against stock design might just be placebo effect but that uses to really bug me. Might be because I can get my eyes right up close so the reflection appears further down the side.
post #3238 of 3364
The person who did the ski google mask on you tube the electronics were exposed like this as well. Need a 3d printer to create a case for the lenses then can get rid of all the plastic crap it comes with.
post #3239 of 3364
Longchop. Great job. As you said i had the same thought as you, the optics when fitted right are just dam right beautiful. So if i did not make drastic meassures like yourself to make it work. It was gonna either sit there like a paper weight or it was gonna end up a sony sales rep backsode for telling me, " when you get it home it will be even more compfy as you can pull the backstraps tight".
Edited by 3DMamper - 2/8/13 at 10:25am
post #3240 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by longchop View Post

The person who did the ski google mask on you tube the electronics were exposed like this as well. Need a 3d printer to create a case for the lenses then can get rid of all the plastic crap it comes with.
Yes, i think i've seen that too, but in that case, the added weight of the cover is not such a big problem. With your mod, weight is, the cover needs to be very light.

I have the T2 version, anyone knows if there's a video or image log of the disassembling? I've only seen for the T1. :\
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread