My experiences with the HMZ-T1 thus far:
- 3D is fine for me. I experienced several moments of genuine pop-out.
- Fit is fine. It took me a few days of perseverance but I got it perfect.
- No blur. At first it was bad, but once I found my fit, no more blurring.
- No strain. My forehead, nose, and back of head are equally supported.
- No motion sickness. Never get sick even if I twist my head all around.
- Text and pixels are fine. I did my best work ever in Photoshop with it.
- In general it's become my favorite monitor, both for games and work.
All that said, I've got a problem I haven't seen before: I seem to have dirt on one of the inner optics (not
the outside glass). It's a white spot on the left side of the left eyepiece. Seems to have been there since I first got the device. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but when the viewer is worn, it appears as a blurry white blob almost directly in front of my eye.
I know better, but I keep feeling tempted to remove the plastic cover with a screwdriver and use a dust blower to clean around inside. It seems like such a waste to send the device to Sony (and probably not get it back until 2012) just because of a speck. Has anyone else had (and fixed) a problem like this?
(Yes, I signed up just to ask. You guys seem very smart, heheh.