or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread - Page 27

post #781 of 3364
Go into the menu and try changing the 3D mode manually. It does support side-by-side.
post #782 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumky View Post

Hi,

I use my HMZ-T1 on an Xbox 360. It works fine for 2D games and content.
I tried to get 3D working using Gears of War 3. But that didn't work.
It seems the game outputs the left & right content by splitting the HDMI channel in half (half of the screen is the left eye and vice-versa), but the HMZ-T1 seems to expect two separate HDMI channels.

Do you know if the Xbox is even capable of outputting two HDMI channels (maybe thru a later software upgrade)? Is there any way to get this to work?

Btw, the 2D experience in the latest Call of Duty is great. It is quite immersive. Head tracking would probably make that even better.

Thanks,
Julien

Xbox currently supports Frame Packed as well as SBS, but games have to be programmed to use it. Gears 3 could get an update (from Epic) to enable Frame packing, but I doubt it.

But, as was just said, your HMD should support SBS mode as well.
post #783 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post

Xbox currently supports Frame Packed as well as SBS, but games have to be programmed to use it. Gears 3 could get an update (from Epic) to enable Frame packing, but I doubt it.

But, as was just said, your HMD should support SBS mode as well.

Example Xbox 360 titles that do support frame packing are Batman Arkham City and the latest Assassins Creed title. I recommend Batman
post #784 of 3364
Mine finally ships tomorrow, I will decide between this or a projector and Ill let you guys know why I chose what.
post #785 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robut View Post

Excuse me for saying so, but this thread is out of control. It started 11/9 less than two weeks ago. It has 774 or so posts. I'm frankly sick of seeing it at the top of the list. It's an interesting product, but I'm bored already.

Thanks for inspiring me to chat more. Good bunch of owners already in this thread and I'm looking forward to chatting with THEM for a long time to come.
post #786 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnk View Post

Go into the menu and try changing the 3D mode manually. It does support side-by-side.

It depends if it's picking up a 3d signal. then the menu will just say on off.. if it's not picking up a 3d signal the menu will be default off and you can change it to the 3 alternative modes.


For instance on my PC.. I have to turn off 3dtv, as it always transmits the 3d signal. before I can set it to watch side by side from youtube.. Maybe im doing it wrong?
post #787 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastyUK View Post

For instance on my PC.. I have to turn off 3dtv, as it always transmits the 3d signal. before I can set it to watch side by side from youtube.. Maybe im doing it wrong?

My HTPC has Nvidia's 3D so, can't really say how it works for you. The player itself can be set to detect the source file. Anyways, my original suggestion was in response to Gears of War 3. Can't test that myself, my 360 doesn't have hdmi.
post #788 of 3364
Hi Fellow AVSers,

I just received my HMZ and I am very happy with it except for the weight. I got it to work flawlessly with my PS3. However, I cannot get it to work with my computer.

I run a pair of Nvidia GTX 460 in SLI and have 3D vision. For whatever reason, the PC refuses to send any signals to the HMZ. I typically use a Mitsubishi 60 inch DLP as the monitor. When I connect the PC directly to TV, everything is fine. When I connect the PC to HMZ, there is just no signal. The video output is 1080P 60HZ, which is one of the acceptable signal outputs for the HMZ. This has been very frustrating for me and I cannot find the cause of it. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
post #789 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVC View Post

When I connect the PC to HMZ, there is just no signal. The video output is 1080P 60HZ, which is one of the acceptable signal outputs for the HMZ. This has been very frustrating for me and I cannot find the cause of it. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!


Not sure about for 2d but for 3d the Nvidia 3dtv only support 1080p 24hz or 720p 60hz.. so maybe try those.

They have admitted on the nvidia site they havent had much time with the Sony hmd and the mulitmonitor support is going to get a lot of attention in 2012. Personally I clone my screens at one of the above res. ot just disable the HMD if I'm not using it and wack up my res for the monitor.
post #790 of 3364
hi guy,

i have already order this cool device and wanted to know a few thing before this device is shipped.

1. Do i need a capable 3D pc video card to watch movie in 3d? (Currently using ATI 5770 card not 3D capable for movie and games.)
2. Can use my amp to connect to the HMZ-T1 device for video and sound using my personal speaker?

Thanks
post #791 of 3364
Quote:


When I connect the PC to HMZ, there is just no signal. The video output is 1080P 60HZ, which is one of the acceptable signal outputs for the HMZ

As Easty already mentioned, it's the combination of 1080p with 60hz - on 720p/60hz it should work fine (and if you up antilaising in games with the now freed surplus power, it looks gorgeous and runs fluid at the same time).

Just compared the Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta (brilliant stereo 3d support by the way - besides mosue cursor (I use TAB Targetting, it's ok) and some name plate issues (those plates can be turned off) it has no stereo 3d glitches at all, amazing). Between 2D, stereo 3D on my Samsung 2233rz and stereo 3d on the HMZ-T1 it's worlds apart. There's no going back for me. It's hard to read the very msall font though I must admit - here the Samsung is better. Even when placed very carefully on with excellent fous, it's harder to read tiny things, especially at the borders of the screen, correctly (for my eyes at least). But that's a trde off I am moe than willing to accept anytime.

The picture is just so much more vivid -it looks that much more bland when using the shutters in stereo 3d on my Samsung 2233rz in comparison. If you can, also try Skyrim as test candidate for PC: it's the most amazing stereo 3D game in my humble opinion.
post #792 of 3364
I received mine today and have been playing with it all day and night. Overall I'm impressed but it definitely takes some fine tuning. I find the pixel structure quite visible and rather distracting (damn my perfect vision!) but the incredible blacks and shadow detail make up for it.

I'm trying to get powerdvd to work with 3d blu-rays and I'm using two ATI 6870's in crossfire with no luck. The 6870's are hdmi 1.4 compliant but I have no experience using them with a 3d device. Has anybody accomplished this yet?
post #793 of 3364
yep like to know if ati 6 series card can work with sony hmz-t1 for 3d movies.

Thanks
post #794 of 3364
a new review yesterday

http://www.techdigest.tv/2011/11/hands-on_review.html


Would love to see how these compare to the new 3d Vision 2s.....on the likes of the 27" Asus monitor (as FOV for me would be the same) with its lightboost etc. Supposedly very impressive 3d with that and lot brighter
post #795 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall12 View Post

yep like to know if ati 6 series card can work with sony hmz-t1 for 3d movies.

Thanks


The ati 6 series card can output over HDMI at 1080p/24 which is what blu-ray 3d would use. Aside from that you can always output 720p/60 with side-y-side content and manually select the appropriate 3D mode on the HMZ-T1. I can't see why there would be any problems. Games would require the use of extra software such as Tridef
post #796 of 3364
Hi all.

I'm new to these forums but have been following this thread (and read all 27 pages at work yesterday) as well as the thread on the AV Forums too.

I'm in the UK like one or two others here and am seriously tempted to try to pick these up. I'd be using them mostly for gaming on my PS3 and HTPC.

My sister works at Harrods and she tells me that she can bag me a set for pre-Christmas, with a 14-day exchange if I don't like 'em....

Decisions, decisions....
post #797 of 3364
I figured out the ati 6870 with powerdvd. I just had to manually set my resolution to 1080p instead of the default 720p. Wow! The 3d is truly incredible. The SBS mkvs I tried weren't that impressive but the 3d blurays at 1080p 24 had much more depth and blew me away.
post #798 of 3364
I just got my headset yesterday, and I'm a bit underwhelmed.

I think the OLED screens are amazing, and when using the HMD in a dark room the immersion can be breathtaking.

The problem lies in the comfort level... After 3 hours of tinkering with them, no matter how I adjusted them, they always felt uncomfortable. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My headache might have increased the pain that I felt on my forehead, but these things are still pretty heavy.

I tried all sorts of forehead pad / strips configuration, and I just couldn't get them adjusted correctly. Either the pressure on my forehead was too strong, or the HMD began to fall off my nose, pressuring it in the process.

I replaced the thinnest forehead pad with another one I got from another product, which is much more softer, and it helped, but it was still not enough.

Add to that the fact that the rubber bands kept scratching the hair off my skull... God.

Maybe I'll try YounNeil's mod, or the Baseball Cap mod... I really hope that these will help me out.

If anyone has any suggestion, I'd really appreciate it... I love the product, I love the idea, I just can't use them which is a real shame...

One more thing, no matter how I adjust the HMD, there's no way I can get the borders to look sharp. I simply can't use them when plugged into my PC, as the desktop surroundings are all blurry, even when I hold them with my hand. Am I the only one experiencing this ? Is it due how my eyes are positioned ? Can one really achieve 100% image sharpness with this HMD ?

Signed,
- A guy who wishes he could simply use the damn thing...
post #799 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by axdenied View Post

I just got my headset yesterday, and I'm a bit underwhelmed.

I think the OLED screens are amazing, and when using the HMD in a dark room the immersion can be breathtaking.

The problem lies in the comfort level... After 3 hours of tinkering with them, no matter how I adjusted them, they always felt uncomfortable. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My headache might have increased the pain that I felt on my forehead, but these things are still pretty heavy.

I tried all sorts of forehead pad / strips configuration, and I just couldn't get them adjusted correctly. Either the pressure on my forehead was too strong, or the HMD began to fall off my nose, pressuring it in the process.

I replaced the thinnest forehead pad with another one I got from another product, which is much more softer, and it helped, but it was still not enough.

Add to that the fact that the rubber bands kept scratching the hair off my skull... God.

Maybe I'll try YounNeil's mod, or the Baseball Cap mod... I really hope that these will help me out.

If anyone has any suggestion, I'd really appreciate it... I love the product, I love the idea, I just can't use them which is a real shame...
One more thing, no matter how I adjust the HMD, there's no way I can get the borders to look sharp. I simply can't use them when plugged into my PC, as the desktop surroundings are all blurry, even when I hold them with my hand. Am I the only one experiencing this ? Is it due how my eyes are positioned ? Can one really achieve 100% image sharpness with this HMD ?

Signed,
- A guy who wishes he could simply use the damn thing...

Firstly are your rear straps right down the back of your skull. The back of our skulls stick out. The lower rear strap should be below the back of the skull where it indents. The upper rear strap should be on the corner of the back of your skull, just above where the skull sticks out. If you position these correctly and tighten them correctly, it will take some of the weight away from your forehead. Unfortunately the correct position where things are in focus will for most people put pressure (not weight) on the nose. Using a deeper forehead pad will reduce or remove pressure on the nose at the expense of focus. I assume you have adjusted the inter-ocular spacing as good as you can. Apart from that, a thinner forehead pad, and make sure the glasses sit horizontally and not angled, and positioned low enough down your face, are all you can do. This won't suit everyones headshape and eye spacing unfortunately

I can achieve great focus in the middle and about 90% into the corners. I cannot get the whole screen perfect. If I get one side perfect, the other may be a little out. But that is primarily because I have to use the middle forehead pad otherwise the pressure on my nose is too great. But I am not trying to write a word document, but watch movies and play games. During those activities I really do not notice any problems.
post #800 of 3364
Easty, Youngneil,

Thank you very much for your kind advice! I found out the reason. There is a patch needs to be installed. That is all. Now everything is working flawlessly. I really like this device.

Thanks!!
post #801 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStatt View Post

Firstly are your rear straps right down the back of your skull. The back of our skulls stick out. The lower rear strap should be below the back of the skull where it indents. The upper rear strap should be on the corner of the back of your skull, just above where the skull sticks out. If you position these correctly and tighten them correctly, it will take some of the weight away from your forehead. Unfortunately the correct position where things are in focus will for most people put pressure (not weight) on the nose. Using a deeper forehead pad will reduce or remove pressure on the nose at the expense of focus. I assume you have adjusted the inter-ocular spacing as good as you can. Apart from that, a thinner forehead pad, and make sure the glasses sit horizontally and not angled, and positioned low enough down your face, are all you can do. This won't suit everyones headshape and eye spacing unfortunately

I can achieve great focus in the middle and about 90% into the corners. I cannot get the whole screen perfect. If I get one side perfect, the other may be a little out. But that is primarily because I have to use the middle forehead pad otherwise the pressure on my nose is too great. But I am not trying to write a word document, but watch movies and play games. During those activities I really do not notice any problems.

Thanks John.

I'm pretty sure the straps were positioned correctly, at least to the best of my abilities. I'll try again tonight and post back my results... I appreciate your advice, hopefully it will help me out. It's really depressing though... Knowing that the product is good, but it just doesn't fit.

If I ever come up with a mod, I'll post it here.
post #802 of 3364
If you want one guaranteed for Christmas there's one on eBAY right now. Do they know something we don't?
post #803 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickworth View Post

Hi all.

I'm new to these forums but have been following this thread (and read all 27 pages at work yesterday) as well as the thread on the AV Forums too.

I'm in the UK like one or two others here and am seriously tempted to try to pick these up. I'd be using them mostly for gaming on my PS3 and HTPC.

My sister works at Harrods and she tells me that she can bag me a set for pre-Christmas, with a 14-day exchange if I don't like 'em....

Decisions, decisions....

I recommend a 3D Projector.
In its current state, the hmz isn't quite ready yet.
post #804 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall12 View Post

hi guy,

i have already order this cool device and wanted to know a few thing before this device is shipped.

1. Do i need a capable 3D pc video card to watch movie in 3d? (Currently using ATI 5770 card not 3D capable for movie and games.)
2. Can use my amp to connect to the HMZ-T1 device for video and sound using my personal speaker?

Thanks

1. You can watch videos in side-by-side mode, so no.
2. You don't have to use the headphones, you can just use your normal speaker system if it's hooked up to your PC.
post #805 of 3364
i just got mine today but didnt have enough time to play with it just tried couple hd movies and coraline 3d and here is my first impression :
picture looks great in 2d black is great in this thing even compare to my panasonc 3d plasma ,3d looks good but not wow or as i was expecting
viewing size :
in 2d it realy looks big maybe 150 inch or bigger ,in 3d its deff bigger than my 46 inch but less than 90 inch
as everybody saying this thing is uncomfortable i felt that all the weight in my nose

i used this with asus g74sx core i7 ram 12gb gpu 560m i had to lower the resolation to make it work i didnt try any game yet but later today i will ps3 it and test more hd,3d when get home
post #806 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by axdenied View Post

I just got my headset yesterday, and I'm a bit underwhelmed.

Me too, here are my concerns.

1. Comfort. You really have to get set up for a long session. It's heavy and after awhile, regular glasses are better.
2. The OLED surface gets in the way of a perfect picture. My 3D projector doesn't suffer from the screen door effect of the OLEDs and I don't see the pixels unless I'm standing up at the screen. The tradeoff is the dimming caused by shutter glasses. The pixel issue might be fixed by a higher res, but that shimmering effect, I don't know.
3. The Lens that you look through have edges around the outside that reflect light from the picture. Kind of distracting.
post #807 of 3364
finnk - if you feel like selling, i'll take yours off your hand. I have one ordered at the Sony Store but am not sure when they'll get one in stock for me and can easily cancel the order.
post #808 of 3364
The size of the picture doesn't look any different perceptually whether its 2D or 3D? I am a bit confused by that comment. In fact you can go into the menu when receiving a 3D image and switch it to 2D (which shows the left eye image to both eyes). The size of the image does not change?!


As for the shimmering...I don't see any shimmering. Could you describe more about how to replicate this?
post #809 of 3364
bahh ok quick rundown.. i currently have an ati 6 eyefinity 5870

sometimes i run two planar pd 7060(darkchip3) to it for eyefinity on the projectors and a curved screen with geometric software on pc and have a kinect and track ir5 but that really isnt my point just some background to help me decide.

I really dont care to buy another projector unless is would trounce my old planar pd 7060 (darkchip 3) projectors. i also use a sony 55ex500 55inch lcd for gaming and movies/tv etc. with all that said let me introduce my problem.


I have been kinda been living under a rock when it comes to 3d lol... i literally have no clue(i have been pretty busy.. i dont get out much as i have a few health problems... anyways i havent gotten to go to movies or care to see theater 3d so i litterally am a 3D EYE noob.. best i have seen is the anaglyph red/cyan glasses ive watched like one 3d movie maybe and a few youtubes to see if id like 3d i feel it is time to take the plunge.


So saturday i ordered my hmz-t1s said to get on the 1/15/12 not of course today i got the email saying 1/17/12 LOL ooook

anyways with all that said.... i really dont know if i want to wait that long...

so with all that said and my lack of 3d help me decide this....

if you have upto $1500 to spend and do it all over.. would you still buy the glasses for $800 blagh blagh or would you maybe look into the optomo 33 for 3d????

also all these different glasses. shutter... passive i dont even care to learn right now im semi sick and i know enough now lol.... spare me all the mumbo jumbo and sum up ( i know i probably coulda done learned it by now typing just this asking it lol )

i just want some input too though...... IF you had it over to do again now that you have test drove your hmz-t1s would you basically get them and go the same route.. or would you say bah and defin go for an hd 3d projector like the optomo 33 i've seen people mention that does nice 3d would i be limited to certain glasses subpar 3d...... or if you had the extra money would you maybe spend the extra cash and grab one off ebay....

i dont care if it strains your neck or whatever... i did use to own back in the day the Olympus Eye-Trek fmd250ws

also yes the fov kinda makes me wonder... i sit maybe 5 foot from my projector/s...... i know they're not VR glasses/fov but blagh anyways...

So what would you choose/do? thanks guys!! sorry im kinda sick right now and lightheaded as i type this...

lol if you're selling one for fair price also i got da $$ in my hands so pm me or let me know.....and ill see...
post #810 of 3364
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeymours View Post

bahh ok quick rundown.. i currently have an ati 6 eyefinity 5870

sometimes i run two planar pd 7060(darkchip3) to it for eyefinity on the projectors and a curved screen with geometric software on pc and have a kinect and track ir5 but that really isnt my point just some background to help me decide.

I really dont care to buy another projector unless is would trounce my old planar pd 7060 (darkchip 3) projectors. i also use a sony 55ex500 55inch lcd for gaming and movies/tv etc. with all that said let me introduce my problem.


I have been kinda been living under a rock when it comes to 3d lol... i literally have no clue(i have been pretty busy.. i dont get out much as i have a few health problems... anyways i havent gotten to go to movies or care to see theater 3d so i litterally am a 3D EYE noob.. best i have seen is the anaglyph red/cyan glasses ive watched like one 3d movie maybe and a few youtubes to see if id like 3d i feel it is time to take the plunge.


So saturday i ordered my hmz-t1s said to get on the 1/15/12 not of course today i got the email saying 1/17/12 LOL ooook

anyways with all that said.... i really dont know if i want to wait that long...

so with all that said and my lack of 3d help me decide this....

if you have upto $1500 to spend and do it all over.. would you still buy the glasses for $800 blagh blagh or would you maybe look into the optomo 33 for 3d????

also all these different glasses. shutter... passive i dont even care to learn right now im semi sick and i know enough now lol.... spare me all the mumbo jumbo and sum up ( i know i probably coulda done learned it by now typing just this asking it lol )

i just want some input too though...... IF you had it over to do again now that you have test drove your hmz-t1s would you basically get them and go the same route.. or would you say bah and defin go for an hd 3d projector like the optomo 33 i've seen people mention that does nice 3d would i be limited to certain glasses subpar 3d...... or if you had the extra money would you maybe spend the extra cash and grab one off ebay....

i dont care if it strains your neck or whatever... i did use to own back in the day the Olympus Eye-Trek fmd250ws

also yes the fov kinda makes me wonder... i sit maybe 5 foot from my projector/s...... i know they're not VR glasses/fov but blagh anyways...

So what would you choose/do? thanks guys!! sorry im kinda sick right now and lightheaded as i type this...

lol if you're selling one for fair price also i got da $$ in my hands so pm me or let me know.....and ill see...

I cannot really answer for the 3d projector queries. Any setup I have used with glasses has seemed a little blurry or dulled down. I'm a bit of a clarity snob. I Have a 100"+ 1080P projector and it's awesome to sit snugged with a lady and chilled for a movie. I wont wear glasses for this nor will the headset replace it. But for my own personal use for the odd 3d movie and mainly games this is just perfect for me The clarity is unquestionable and the immersion for games I've never felt anything like it. I'm sure this is just the breaking wave of many devices. But I'll be happy to use this for many many hours immersed in the story and the action of the game/movie I spent my hard earned on.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Sony HMZ-T1 HMD Owner's dedicated thread