or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Power Sound Audio Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Power Sound Audio Thread - Page 219

post #6541 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorMachine View Post

I think that if the choice is between one XV30 and two XV15s, then you should choose two XV15s. An XV15 pair will have the potential to be both louder and better-sounding, if they're integrated well.

+1
post #6542 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

You need to get your priorities straight if you are going to hang out in this thread smile.gif

My wife pays all the bills... The backyard grass was for her Agility Dog Training. When we got the house I said I want 1: a HT, 2: a pond and that was it. The pond is almost done and maybe if I get some $$$ I will get a new HT in the 2 car garage. At least for now we have the HT in the Family Room.
post #6543 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

We could have bought 5...

Is that before or after the multiple sub discount?...biggrin.gif

Yeah I can only imagine, it's not cheap and at and I already know what it's going to cost me to do my small area after I've done all of the prep work. I can only imagine what it cost you, especially if you didn't do the install prep work yourself.

I'm sure it looks awesome though. wink.gif
post #6544 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Is that before or after the multiple sub discount?...biggrin.gif

Yeah I can only imagine, it's not cheap and at and I already know what it's going to cost me to do my small area after I've done all of the prep work. I can only imagine what it cost you, especially if you didn't do the install prep work yourself.

I'm sure it looks awesome though. wink.gif

We did the work with a friend. It was over $10k just for the turf.
post #6545 of 10009
Got my expresso Triax today, have to fihure a way to get down the stairs, I had to unbox it upstairs since it wouldn't fit down my steps in the box. Just cut the bottom cardboard around the bottom of box and the top lifts right off, neat feature. I have hip surgery coming up so waiting on some friends to bring it s down for me and will post pics and impressions, it is really a beast, this better be a keeper, no way I'm packing this up to return it. eek.gif
post #6546 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post

Got my expresso Triax today, have to fihure a way to get down the stairs, I had to unbox it upstairs since it wouldn't fit down my steps in the box. Just cut the bottom cardboard around the bottom of box and the top lifts right off, neat feature. I have hip surgery coming up so waiting on some friends to bring it s down for me and will post pics and impressions, it is really a beast, this better be a keeper, no way I'm packing this up to return it. eek.gif

Careful, dude
post #6547 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post

Got my expresso Triax today, have to fihure a way to get down the stairs, I had to unbox it upstairs since it wouldn't fit down my steps in the box. Just cut the bottom cardboard around the bottom of box and the top lifts right off, neat feature. I have hip surgery coming up so waiting on some friends to bring it s down for me and will post pics and impressions, it is really a beast, this better be a keeper, no way I'm packing this up to return it. eek.gif

Congrats........man!!!!

Finally the beast is at home, I bet you can wait to turn it on and feel its power.

While you are waiting for your friend to show up, go ahead and take some pics and share them with us...............you know, just to kill the time......tongue.gif
post #6548 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post

Got my expresso Triax today, have to fihure a way to get down the stairs, I had to unbox it upstairs since it wouldn't fit down my steps in the box. Just cut the bottom cardboard around the bottom of box and the top lifts right off, neat feature. I have hip surgery coming up so waiting on some friends to bring it s down for me and will post pics and impressions, it is really a beast, this better be a keeper, no way I'm packing this up to return it. eek.gif

Yea! biggrin.gif

So how did you get it out of the bottom portion of the box? I hoping the people who are receiving theirs now can give me some unpacking tips. wink.gif
post #6549 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn94 View Post

Yea! biggrin.gif

So how did you get it out of the bottom portion of the box? I hoping the people who are receiving theirs now can give me some unpacking tips. wink.gif
Cut the straps and pull the top box off. It is that simple. All your cables wires, manuals etc.. are inside of other boxes on top of the Triax. There is also another box inside that contains the grills. I was impressed with the packaging, it is actually very efficient and packed well. I even got a couple of travel mugs. I can think of my Triax's as I am sipping my morning Java.
Edited by Reefdvr27 - 10/16/13 at 12:47pm
post #6550 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post

Got my expresso Triax today, have to fihure a way to get down the stairs, I had to unbox it upstairs since it wouldn't fit down my steps in the box. Just cut the bottom cardboard around the bottom of box and the top lifts right off, neat feature. I have hip surgery coming up so waiting on some friends to bring it s down for me and will post pics and impressions, it is really a beast, this better be a keeper, no way I'm packing this up to return it. eek.gif
Nice, you are going through the fun I did last night. I would have loved to have gotten the veneered Triax, but the standard finish matches my JTR Noesis and I am also putting them behind an AT screen when my theater is complete. I will never see them anyway. I cannot wait to break ground on my theater build. Enjoy the Triax, get ready for some pounding bass.
post #6551 of 10009
Here is a shot of just the woofers

post #6552 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Nice, you are going through the fun I did last night. I would have loved to have gotten the veneered Triax, but the standard finish matches my JTR Noesis and I am also putting them behind an AT screen when my theater is complete. I will never see them anyway. I cannot wait to break ground on my theater build. Enjoy the Triax, get ready for some pounding bass.
Reef, hows it going! Is your house still there? eek.gif Im glad you gave feedback to everyone, that was awesome!
post #6553 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

Cut the straps and pull the top box off. It is that simple. All your cables wires, manuals etc.. are inside of other boxes on top of the Triax. There is also another box inside that contains the grills. I was impressed with the packaging, it is actually very efficient and packed well. I even got a couple of travel mugs. I can think of my Triax's as I am sipping my morning Java.

Thanks. I got that part from the great pics you posted (thanks!), what I was wondering is how you removed it from the bottom section of the box that the sub sits in?

Tom sent me a travel mug with the veneer samples. Maybe I'll get more with my Triax and have a collection. biggrin.gif
Edited by Saturn94 - 10/16/13 at 12:58pm
post #6554 of 10009

Why does the xv15 look like this http://www.powersoundaudio.com/collections/power-x/products/xv15 

 

I thought the XV15 had the same design as the XV30, the XV15 in their website shows no base under the down firing subwoofer box.

post #6555 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassHead92 View Post

Why does the xv15 look like this http://www.powersoundaudio.com/collections/power-x/products/xv15 

I thought the XV15 had the same design as the XV30, the XV15 in their website shows no base under the down firing subwoofer box.

In order to keep the price the same despite some of their costs going up they decided to sell the subs without the base. You can still buy it with the base but I believe its a $75 price adder/special order item.

Just email Tom if you wanted one with a base.
post #6556 of 10009
Wait. BassHead92?

Really?
post #6557 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorMachine View Post

Wait. BassHead92?

Really?

haha that's exactly what I was thinking too, but I'll give the posted the benefit and assume its not really bassbead81 trying to pull a fast one....lol
post #6558 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorMachine View Post

Wait. BassHead92?

Really?

Oh no! we need AVATAR distinction then smile.gif
post #6559 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

haha that's exactly what I was thinking too, but I'll give the posted the benefit and assume its not really bassbead81 trying to pull a fast one....lol

LOL.. Zinger??? biggrin.gif If so, that's the best one yet!
post #6560 of 10009

Oh alright lol I was about to change my mind, the base makes PSA XV series look better & I messaged Tom just now.

post #6561 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassHead92 View Post
 

Oh alright lol I was about to change my mind, the base makes PSA XV series look better & I messaged Tom just now.

Do you know BassHead81? ;) Brother from another mother?

post #6562 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassHead92 View Post

Oh alright lol I was about to change my mind, the base makes PSA XV series look better & I messaged Tom just now.

Sup broseph! smile.gif
post #6563 of 10009

Oh **** haha we have the same name wassup.

 

What subwoofer that love the LOWS do you recommend for 1000 bucks & under??

post #6564 of 10009

No am new to all this lol am still learning how to move around, its simple so far

post #6565 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassHead92 View Post

Oh **** haha we have the same name wassup.

What subwoofer that love the LOWS do you recommend for 1000 bucks & under??
You can get a XV15 for $800 and they are awesome, especially for the price!
How big is the room you plan on placing your sub in?
post #6566 of 10009
post #6567 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post

Got my expresso Triax today, have to fihure a way to get down the stairs, I had to unbox it upstairs since it wouldn't fit down my steps in the box. Just cut the bottom cardboard around the bottom of box and the top lifts right off, neat feature. I have hip surgery coming up so waiting on some friends to bring it s down for me and will post pics and impressions, it is really a beast, this better be a keeper, no way I'm packing this up to return it. eek.gif

Looking forward to seeing your pics Jeff....I'm starting to kick the tires on replacing my current sub with the XS30....my number one goal is to get something comparable that would nicely match the finish of my mains and a sealed sub is preferred.. Another option would be to look into some custom builds which most certainly be more costly.


Take care and good luck with the hip surg...Bill

Ps: My daughter and her BF are driving down for the game this weekend....he's a HUGE Steelers fan...
post #6568 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassHead92 View Post

Oh **** haha we have the same name wassup.

What subwoofer that love the LOWS do you recommend for 1000 bucks & under??

I have 3 xv15's...great subs for the money and they dig low! I have the base plate version. click on the pics top right page and sift thru them.
post #6569 of 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

I have 3 xv15's...great subs for the money and they dig low! I have the base plate version. click on the pics top right page and sift thru them.

The living room, kitchen and dining room area are approximately 6,800^3. What are your thoughts on three XS15s? Starting with two and later adding a third or starting with two XS15s and later adding a XS30? confused.gif

The budget and living room won't support four XS30s or three Triaxs. frown.gif So I see the financial solution to be a three XS15s or a combination mix of XS15s and a XS30. The Rythmik alternative is much more, budget busting, expensive.

(i also have a Denon 4520ci, AVR upgrade in the plans and the wife is accepting but giving me those sideways glances as in, this is the end)

(when the 60" screen dies, I have planted the seed for an 80" replacement but the current screen is but a bit over a year old and isn't out of warranty; neither is our current Marantz, SR5008 AVR as both were purchased in the same time frame.)

-
Edited by BeeMan458 - 10/17/13 at 7:31am
post #6570 of 10009
Well this is what I found out after some further research. According to Bossobass and Craig @ CHT, a room with a opening into the rest of the house will not lose much. For instance my room is 2400^3 with a 6x7' opening into the foyer, den, hallway...etc. According to those mentioned above, my subs are reacting is if the room was still 2400^3 or slightly larger. I dug into this resesrch recently because I felt there was no way I should be getting the performance I am once I calculated the other spaces into the equation.

Now If your room has 4 walls with a opening less then half the size of the wall then I would calculate based on that room itself. If your room has multiple openings or a opening thats more then half the size of the wall, then you should probably factor in the other space.

It makes sense because I find it nearly impossible for 3 XV15's to have refrence level output down to 16hz in 8000^3, but its easily achived in a room less than 3000^3. Now Im not saying that opening is not costing me a little pressurization down in the infrasonic range, but it definately is not leaking all the bass into the rest of the house.

That being said just your primary room itself is 3800^3 which is a fairly good sized room. I dont think the XS15's will be enough of a upgrade. 3 XV15's would be since they will have a 4-6db advantage around the port tune which is huge. Or since you are really wanting sealed, 3 XS30's would do the trick. They would come really close to the XV15 around port tune and have more everywhere else...not to mention they would have enough power and displacement to dig down deep.
Edited by basshead81 - 10/17/13 at 8:02am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Power Sound Audio Thread