or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Power Sound Audio Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Power Sound Audio Thread - Page 277

post #8281 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

So when did you purchase your XS30's?

Dec 30th
post #8282 of 9931
Well I just spoke to Tom personally. He said I can pickup my subwoofer Friday or Saturday.

Guess talking to a owner instead of a voice recording is bad business wink.gif
post #8283 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121 View Post

Well I just spoke to Tom personally. He said I can pickup my subwoofer Friday or Saturday.

Guess talking to a owner instead of a voice recording is bad business wink.gif

Yeah...good business for sure...I recall sending off an email once after mid night and he replied whilst I was reading my other emails prior to bed. I was shocked...eek.gif...biggrin.gif
post #8284 of 9931
Hi all,

quick update,

We have a large quantity shipping out today. Many should have already received fedex tracking information. The freight pick up will be about 5pm so I won't have that tracking information out until then. We'll be working through the weekend to finish off everything possible. Once the next shipment of drivers arrive(Tuesday) we should be just about 100% caught up with all current orders within 24 hours(by 1-29-2014).

Thanks to everyone again for hanging in their with us.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #8285 of 9931
Damnit!! I just snapped off one of my grills to one of my xs30. frown.gif hope I can get a replacement. Just fired off an email. Damnit!!
post #8286 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Damnit!! I just snapped off one of my grills to one of my xs30. frown.gif

That's gotta hurt. Sorry to read this. Hope the replacement/repair goes swiftly and painless.
post #8287 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Damnit!! I just snapped off one of my grills to one of my xs30. frown.gif hope I can get a replacement. Just fired off an email. Damnit!!

Would never have happened with the PB12's grille tongue.gif

Sorry but that was sooo easy. You have quite a low level of luck with grilles. Don't worry I'm sure this will be an easy fix this time wink.gif
post #8288 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Damnit!! I just snapped off one of my grills to one of my xs30. frown.gif hope I can get a replacement. Just fired off an email. Damnit!!


Stop playing with it!  Your gonna go blind!

post #8289 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post

Would never have happened with the PB12's grille tongue.gif

Sorry but that was sooo easy. You have quite a low level of luck with grilles. Don't worry I'm sure this will be an easy fix this time wink.gif
Too soon lol

Tell me about it. This is my fault. I leaned over the sub and snapped it right off. I luckily easily got all the tabs out if the holes. Now just need to order a replacement. Luckily with a bunch of swapping there are no "exposed" drivers. The broken grill is now resting against the wall in front of the baffle with about 1/2" leeway. So all is protected for now hahah
post #8290 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Too soon lol

Tell me about it. This is my fault. I leaned over the sub and snapped it right off. I luckily easily got all the tabs out if the holes. Now just need to order a replacement. Luckily with a bunch of swapping there are no "exposed" drivers. The broken grill is now resting against the wall in front of the baffle with about 1/2" leeway. So all is protected for now hahah

So you sure there's a notable difference in performance between the xv15 and the xs30? I have a guy coming to purchase my xv15 and I'm ordering the xs30 immediately afterwards. I'm just hoping I'm making a good decision!
post #8291 of 9931
I wouldn't trade my XV15 for anything.......I love it. wink.gif
post #8292 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post

I wouldn't trade my XV15 for anything.......I love it. wink.gif
I love mine to, but I want a little more! Lol I wanted to get duel xv15's but my significant other changed her mind on that one. So I figured I'd sell my xv15 and get a xs30 due to it not being that much bigger than the 15, but hopefully it at least performs as well but I'm hoping for better than the xv15.
post #8293 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDDUFRENE View Post

I love mine to, but I want a little more! Lol I wanted to get duel xv15's but my significant other changed her mind on that one. So I figured I'd sell my xv15 and get a xs30 due to it not being that much bigger than the 15, but hopefully it at least performs as well but I'm hoping for better than the xv15.

Interested to hear your thoughts once you get some time on the 30.
post #8294 of 9931
Same here . Even though I think I'll be happy with my single sub xv15
post #8295 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121 View Post

Same here . Even though I think I'll be happy with my single sub xv15

Yea, I'll just have to make due with my single XV15 as well.............Poor me, how ever will I do it? rolleyes.gif
post #8296 of 9931
Yes. I found a big improvement in my room going from a single xv15 to a single xs30
post #8297 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Yes. I found a big improvement in my room going from a single xv15 to a single xs30
Brian,

Do you have an rew graph showing the response of the single xv15 vs a single xs30. Would be very interesting to see. I have a single xv15 and love it. Definitely curious of the potential of the xs30 though!
post #8298 of 9931
Let me see if I can find one
post #8299 of 9931
Found em! Both are with the subs in the exact same location The duals just puts another in same wall other side of entertainment center. Sorry I can't overlay them

Single xv15

Single xs30

Dual xs30
post #8300 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Found em! Both are with the subs in the exact same location The duals just puts another in same wall other side of entertainment center. Sorry I can't overlay them

Single xv15

Single xs30

Dual xs30

Thanks for the comparison. Can definitely see where the xs30 extends deeper and is a bit stronger in 60hz area. Also... Damn!!! That's some sweet response with the dual xs30s. Looks like you found bass heaven with those!

Thanks.
post #8301 of 9931
I was thinking about this and decided to get some thoughts on this.. I'm curious how an SVS PB12 + or PB13 ultra can keep up with a FV15HP or XV15,VTF15H.. And how is it possible a 12 and 13" woofer can dig as deep as those subs mentioned? I also posted this in the SVS area to see the diff responses I get..
post #8302 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTech1 View Post

I was thinking about this and decided to get some thoughts on this.. I'm curious how an SVS PB12 + or PB13 ultra can keep up with a FV15HP or XV15,VTF15H.. And how is it possible a 12 and 13" woofer can dig as deep as those subs mentioned? I also posted this in the SVS area to see the diff responses I get..

It's going to be tough getting an honest response from someone who has actually heard the different subs that you have mentioned in their own rooms, so my guess is you're going to get pro SVS responses over there, and pro PSA responses here. I can't comment to how the different subs sound because I have only heard an SVS PB-1000 and my current PSA XV15 in my room, and as you would expect, the XV15 thumped the mighty little PB-1000.

I have a single XV15 placed in the front left corner of my rather large 23x16x8 living room, and I am more that satisfied with it. It shakes my seat when needed and also sounds musical when needed. I like the down firing design, coupled with the bigger driver, bigger cabinet and large, efficient amp. I'm sure the SVS subs are good too and everyone has their favorite. You should take everyone's opinion with a grain of salt, and buy what matches your needs and wants, as all of them will sound good.
post #8303 of 9931
I know this.. I wasn't asking which is better,I was asking how the smaller divers of SVS capable of competing with the bigger drivers of the other company's..
post #8304 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTech1 View Post

I know this.. I wasn't asking which is better,I was asking how the smaller divers of SVS capable of competing with the bigger drivers of the other company's..

I guess the SVS guys are magic wink.gif
post #8305 of 9931
I could see the svs subs being a little tighter ,but deeper,it doesn't make sense..
post #8306 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTech1 View Post

I was thinking about this and decided to get some thoughts on this.. I'm curious how an SVS PB12 + or PB13 ultra can keep up with a FV15HP or XV15,VTF15H.

Just saying, the subs you listed, aren't able to directly keep up with the Rythmik FV15HP in the lower octave. The answer you seek, will be found in the different Xmax of the drivers used in the manufactures product mix.

Xmax

Data-Bass

Note the measurements for the 12.5Hz reading.

Disclosure: we have a pair of FV15HPs and I'm a fanboy of all three: Rythmik, SVS and PSA. For our room size, the FV15HP was the better fit. If our room had been a smaller sealed room, I would have chosen a pair of XS30s.

-
Edited by BeeMan458 - 1/25/14 at 11:20am
post #8307 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTech1 View Post

I know this.. I wasn't asking which is better,I was asking how the smaller divers of SVS capable of competing with the bigger drivers of the other company's..


A superb quality 13" driver and amp can easily be equal or better than a good quality 15", as can be seen my the measurement results.

post #8308 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Damnit!! I just snapped off one of my grills to one of my xs30. frown.gif hope I can get a replacement. Just fired off an email. Damnit!!

Brian is the grill itself intact, I snapped off three pegs of one of my XS30s and Tom sent me a replacement grill for free and if the grill is not damaged you can easily remove the the broken pegs still in the wooden frame, use an appropriate drill bit and slowly drill the broken peg, it may come right out with the bit, if not just use a small screw driver or pointed object and the peg will come right out. Tom sent me replacement pegs and a new grill cover, I fixed the broken one by inserting the the new pegs (3) into the holes of the removed pegs that were broken and it was just like new. I then sent the repaired (broken one) back to him, cost me $15. Tom or Jim will take care of you, removing the broken pegs is a lot easier than it sounds, you will see. Hope this helps, that's one of the first things Tom told me when I bought my XS30s, never try to move them with the grill covers on wink.gif
Cheers, Jeff
post #8309 of 9931
I know those FV15HP's rock... I almost bought one,but went with the XS30. But,I think you guys are missing what I'm asking.. How is it that a 12" sub can compete with a 15" and get similar numbers...
post #8310 of 9931
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post

I wouldn't trade my XV15 for anything.......I love it. wink.gif

I was about to tell you if you want to trade it for my XS30, but never mind!

tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Power Sound Audio Thread