or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Power Sound Audio Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Power Sound Audio Thread - Page 283

post #8461 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Nope prob. Lmk how it goes

OK, now I am on the same wave length. smile.gif I now find -20db to be a good listening level. It does seam a little more balanced, especially the surrounds. The dialog even seam clearer. I did have to increase the sub output by about 5 each in order to feel more impact, but it didn't overpower like it was doing before.

Thanks for your patience.
Edited by LowellG - 2/2/14 at 3:28pm
post #8462 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post

I have to agree about analog outputs and connections,for me it's night and day with music. I'm glad you're enjoying your XV15s. If you don't mind me asking did you make your audio rack, it looks a DIY from TNT-Audio, I have two of them I made. Well back to analog I finally got a HDMI compatible receiver, I haven't yet to use any of the receivers amps though, I have my BD player hooked with both HDMI and analog cables (7.2), I think the only advantage of HDMI is it carries both audio and video in one cable and that's all you need, it doesn't bother me tho to run a bunch of IC's, I actually prefer the analog pre-outs, I guess I'm old school and stubborn and OLD. I still love to spin vinyl on my 1986 Sota Sapphire 111 table, bought it new and still performing flawlessly. Well enough said this is a subwoofer thread. smile.gif
Cheers Jeff

Hello Jeff,
Good to hear that you like analog too with music and that you enjoy playing vinyl. The audio rack I have is a Salamander that I got at Audio Advisor. http://www.audioadvisor.com/Salamander-Archetype-50-Five-Shelf-Audio-Rack/productinfo/SMA5/#.Uu7A-z1dVn8. I had to put it together but I really like the looks and it is quite sturdy. It came with five shelves but I only have four installed right now. I am using hdmi and analog as well like you. I have my dual XV15s connected to my UMC-200 which has one balanced and one unbalanced out.
post #8463 of 10084
Hopefully the last shipping update for a while----as we should be back to typical "shipping same day/next business day starting tomorrow!

We got a large shipment out today but still have another 10-12 to go before being 100% caught up. These are being built right now but won't ship until tomorrow.

I have already emailed all the tracking info for today's shipments and also emailed any customer on the list to let them though they can expect shipping fulfillment tomorrow.

Thanks,

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #8464 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post

Hopefully the last shipping update for a while----as we should be back to typical "shipping same day/next business day starting tomorrow!

We got a large shipment out today but still have another 10-12 to go before being 100% caught up. These are being built right now but won't ship until tomorrow.

I have already emailed all the tracking info for today's shipments and also emailed any customer on the list to let them though they can expect shipping fulfillment tomorrow.

Thanks,

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

The updates are always appreciated, Tom. smile.gif
post #8465 of 10084
I'm going to sing a bit to the choir here, but I thought I'd let everyone know about my recent customer service experience with PSA. I can be a klutz at times, and as I was walking past my XS30, my knee hit the edge of the grill and snapped off some of the plastic pegs or dowels. Bummer. I emailed Tom and asked what it would cost for a replacement grill. Here is his response:

"We have been trying to source a different grill peg for some time. We may be forced to "tool up" our own as these are quite hard to find.

"Do you want us to send a handful of replacement pegs as well? If you have a few minutes one weekend you can (fairly) easily pop out the damaged portion on the backside of the grill and secure the new ones in place with a little glue. Then just put this extra grill in the back of a closet somewhere for a spare? 

"Are you still at the same address we have on file for you?  I can have a new grill out today(with the extra pegs). No worries on the cost...we have a few extra at the moment..smile.gif"

I sent that email last night, and received the above email response this morning. After confirming my address, Tom sent me an email that my new grill with extra pegs has shipped and gave me the tracking number. That, my friends, is what I call customer service!

I also want people here (and those that may be looking at PSA) to know that my XS30 is now fully broken in (it's been about 5 months). I've dialed back the gain twice now because it is has been steadily showing its real capability (this puppy has some teeth). I was impressed with the XS30s performance when it was only a few weeks old, and I'm even more impressed today.
post #8466 of 10084
Personally,I think it would be a great move to have them attached magnetically.I don't think it would be that hard to implement... I could see those pegs breaking off really easy.
post #8467 of 10084
Awesome....I actually JUST got my new grill this past friday...same thing in my case!! I now have a backup grill

amazing CS...setting the industry bar very high
post #8468 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post

I can be a klutz at times, and as I was walking past my XS30, my knee hit the edge of the grill and snapped off some of the plastic pegs or dowels. Bummer.

To be supportive, I killed a grilled in a similar fashion; backed up into it, broken plastic pegs......game over.

...eek.gif...tongue.gif...wink.gif
post #8469 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Awesome....I actually JUST got my new grill this past friday...same thing in my case!! I now have a backup grill

amazing CS...setting the industry bar very high

Hmmm, as LowTech indicated, this may be a problem. Tom is certainly aware of it. And yes, PSA goes well above and beyond with their customer service. It's a comforting thought when dealing with I.D. companies. Try getting that kind of service at your neighborhood audio store.

Bee: I had to laugh. Us ... er ... "older guys" are just not as nimble as we once were (or thought we are)....
post #8470 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post

Bee: I had to laugh. Us ... er ... "older guys" are just not as nimble as we once were (or thought we are)....

It gets real fun trying to stick that second leg through a pair of undershorts......waaaaaaaaaaaaaa...eek.gif...I'm hung up........kr@p.......going down.......thump against the wall.

...tongue.gif
post #8471 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

It gets real fun trying to stick that second leg through a pair of undershorts......waaaaaaaaaaaaaa...eek.gif...I'm hung up........kr@p.......going down.......thump against the wall.

...tongue.gif

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(are you too old to get what i mean by that??)

anyhow...i hit the grill very hard...for it to snap...but I agree a better solution will be beneficial. I know Tom is on it
post #8472 of 10084
I gotta say, Bee, that your posts usually have me laughing. And truer words haven't ever been spoken ... the balance just isn't there and I can full commiserate;).
post #8473 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(are you too old to get what i mean by that??)

Not at all. I find it funny as hell also. You'd think something as basic as getting into a pair of shorts after all these years, shouldn't come with complications. And then as you get older, you find out they need to come with a warning sheet and directions. tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post

I gotta say, Bee, that your posts usually have me laughing. And truer words haven't ever been spoken ... the balance just isn't there and I can full commiserate;).

...biggrin.gif

I always love going into the kitchen and standing there.........knowing, that if I stand there long enough........I'll remember why I got up and went into the kitchen. It's a confident person who knows, eventually they'll catch up to their thoughts.

(Now when the wife comes into the kitchen and sees me standing there with a blank look on my face, she says: "Oh, hi honey, still haven't remembered?")

...tongue.gif

-
Edited by BeeMan458 - 2/4/14 at 11:38am
post #8474 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

I always love going into the kitchen and standing there.........knowing, that if I stand there long enough........I'll remember why I got up and went into the kitchen. It's a confident person who knows, eventually they'll catch up to their thoughts.

(Now when the wife comes into the kitchen and sees me standing there with a blank look on my face, she says: "Oh, hi honey, still haven't remembered?")

...tongue.gif

-

You gotta stop, Bee! You got me laughing so hard, I now have tears. Reading these posts are like looking into a mirror....
post #8475 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post

I gotta say, Bee, that your posts usually have me laughing. And truer words haven't ever been spoken ... the balance just isn't there and I can full commiserate;).

Alternative Solution: Ditch the underpants (boxers or briefs) using a Seinfeld analogy - give your boys some room to breathe - although you still have to tackle the problem of getting into your pants - but it provides a 50% reduction in balancing issues every AM.
post #8476 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post

You gotta stop, Bee! You got me laughing so hard,...

...biggrin.gif
post #8477 of 10084
ggsantafe: I've decided to do one leg standing exercises instead. We'll see how that works out smile.gif
post #8478 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post

ggsantafe: I've decided to do one leg standing exercises instead. We'll see how that works out smile.gif

My balancing exercise? Standing in the middle of the room, no support close by and without falling over.........put on a pair of socks.

...rolleyes.gif
post #8479 of 10084
It's great to hear repeated stories of PSA's customer service and it should reassure any new perspective PSA customer............. But I have to ask, what are these "grills" you guys speak of? says the XV15 owner tongue.gif
post #8480 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

My balancing exercise? Standing in the middle of the room, no support close by and without falling over.........put on a pair of socks.

...rolleyes.gif

I go to the gym for my balancing exercise - take it easy at home and am sitting while putting on socks - at the main listening position
Edited by ggsantafe - 2/4/14 at 1:18pm
post #8481 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post

It's great to hear repeated stories of PSA's customer service and it should reassure any new perspective PSA customer............. But I have to ask, what are these "grills" you guys speak of? says the XV15 owner tongue.gif

I have to admit that it was fun watching that 15-inch woofer in action without the grill smile.gif
post #8482 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post

It's great to hear repeated stories of PSA's customer service and it should reassure any new perspective PSA customer............. But I have to ask, what are these "grills" you guys speak of? says the XV15 owner tongue.gif

One of the main reasons I went with PSA. Tom seems like a great guy here and all the compliments about him go on for pages. Owners seemed blown away with the value so I jumped. Hope to add a second xv 15 soon
post #8483 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post

It's great to hear repeated stories of PSA's customer service and it should reassure any new perspective PSA customer............. But I have to ask, what are these "grills" you guys speak of? says the XV15 owner tongue.gif

They are usually on the top just above the bumper:D
post #8484 of 10084
Watching The Escape tonight with Sylvester on BD, I can't believe the audio is only DD, especially it's a Lionsgate production, they are known for some excellent audio, their movies have a lot to be desired tho. All this XV15 Talk and getting a second makes me want to sell my Triax, no seriously I don't think there is a better combo in that price range that can bring such happiness to there perspective owners. wink.gif
Cheers Jeff
post #8485 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post

Watching The Escape tonight with Sylvester on BD, I can't believe the audio is only DD, especially it's a Lionsgate production, they are known for some excellent audio, their movies have a lot to be desired tho. All this XV15 Talk and getting a second makes me want to sell my Triax, no seriously I don't think there is a better combo in that price range that can bring such happiness to there perspective owners. wink.gif
Cheers Jeff

What you didn't say, and should have, is that the Triax is simply at another level. I've never heard the Triax (it was too big for my situation), but I think it may be considered in the same class as Seaton and JTR smile.gif. That's one heck of a sub. Congratulations on your decision, Jeff.
post #8486 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post

What you didn't say, and should have, is that the Triax is simply at another level. I've never heard the Triax (it was too big for my situation), but I think it may be considered in the same class as Seaton and JTR smile.gif. That's one heck of a sub. Congratulations on your decision, Jeff.

I agree my friend and thank you, it's that I started with a single XV15 and a second and then XS30s and now the Triax, it is in another league and each day it surprises me more, it just begs to be turned up, it growls when it wants me to make it roar biggrin.gif
post #8487 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post

W. All this XV15 Talk and getting a second makes me want to sell my Triax,....

Same with the guys and their new PB2000s. eek.gif

Reading their exuberant enthusiasm, makes one feel like the Triax and the FV15HP are under performers. eek.gif

...tongue.gif

-
Edited by BeeMan458 - 2/4/14 at 6:33pm
post #8488 of 10084
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMan458 View Post

Not at all. I find it funny as hell also. You'd think something as basic as getting into a pair of shorts after all these years, shouldn't come with complications. And then as you get older, you find out they need to come with a warning sheet and directions. tongue.gif
...biggrin.gif

I always love going into the kitchen and standing there.........knowing, that if I stand there long enough........I'll remember why I got up and went into the kitchen. It's a confident person who knows, eventually they'll catch up to their thoughts.

(Now when the wife comes into the kitchen and sees me standing there with a blank look on my face, she says: "Oh, hi honey, still haven't remembered?")

...tongue.gif

-

OMG....too funny! Only because I can relate. biggrin.gif
post #8489 of 10084
...biggrin.gif

I was thinking this old guy thing further.....

In the morning, when one goes into the bathroom.........they realize that old age changes the meaning of household chores and when you tell someone you gotta go......you're not kidding.

And good news, old guys don't need to go the the gym......they just need to take a shower as a shower becomes a workout in it's own right.

Regarding the boys and shorts, in the younger days, one could hang two horseshoes from the main post and the only reason more weren't added, you didn't want to be seen as bragging, Now, as one gets older, the boys get bigger and the main show reminds me of Danny DeVito......a little eek.gif.

When showering, as a youth, one would exfoliate to keep the skin vibrant. Now?.........One exfoliates to keep from looking like a lizard.

And when in the shower, you're reminded that you're happy you're not in prison.........considering the number of times the soap gets dropped, you'd be accused of trying to draw attention to yourself.

Yes, getting old is fun and we have so much more to look forward to.

...tongue.gif

-
Edited by BeeMan458 - 2/5/14 at 5:50am
post #8490 of 10084
I'm back smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Power Sound Audio Thread