Hi - I'm looking to drop my DBS system and was planning on installing a TV antenna - I live near DeZavala and I10. I've read through a lot of this thread (maybe 10-20 pages or so) looking for folks that live in my area. I see a bunch of references to the "Radio Shack 85inch" antenna but can't find one with that description on their website.
I've played around with an RCA 800 box, and am planning on building a DVR computer with a Hauppauge QAM tuner.
I had a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help me with-
1) Would this antenna (Channel Master CM 3016) be a good choice for my location? Antennaweb lists me around 28 miles to several UHF stations (some of which I've picked up with makeshift antennas already)
Or is there another model that would work better and not be very expensive?
2) what kinds of mast/mounts are good for faschia boards? Or do I really need to do a roof mount (if so, which one??) How high above the roof level (as measured from the edge of the roof) is needed?
3) Is there any harm in mounting the antenna within a few feet of a DBS dish, or do I need to space the TV antenna away from the DBS dish or take the dish down?
4) antenna web suggests a medium, directional antenna with preamp,so I was thinking also of adding the Winegard HDP 269 as I think it will not overload when there is a strong signal. Is this worth doing, and if so, is this a good model?
5) with a makeshift antenna, I've been able to get stations 5(sometimes) 16,17, 29 (Sometimes), 35 and a couple of others. With a 'real' antenna, is it realistic to get all standard SA stations, including 4,9,and 12 from my area(I think yes but...)?
Thanks for any help!!!