or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › San Antonio, TX - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

San Antonio, TX - HDTV - Page 145

post #4321 of 4342
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkMan87 View Post

Yes I Do Have Channel 2 In HD on My DirecTV,Also I Get The Spanish Stations in High-Def too okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkMan87 View Post

Yes,But on OTA I Don't Get 2.2 (This TV) Which shows old movies all day
I believe Grande is the only service provider in the San Antonio market that offers This TV. You can get if free with a low-band VHF capable antenna, but inside San Antonio the antenna will most likely have to be a rooftop setup.
post #4322 of 4342
Coming Soon I Will Get HBO So I Could Get it in HD,Probably around June When New Season of True Blood Comes On,After That I Will Keep It Again For Boardwalk Empire New Season in September
Edited by SharkMan87 - 4/24/13 at 9:08am
post #4323 of 4342
I Had A Problem With MTV HD This Morning on DirecTV,The Picture Keeps Freezing,But As of 12:30pm It's Back To Normal,& Plus I'm Getting A HD DVR On Monday Shipped In The Mail,Don't Know Which Model I'm Getting (HR21,HR24,Genie) & Maybe C31 Clients I Don't Know If I'm Getting Those Or Not,Plus I'm Getting An AM21 Tuner & A New Antenna At Radio Shack,Walmart,or Home Depot & I'm Hooking It Up To The Internet to Get VOD & YouTube Videos On My TV okay
post #4324 of 4342
For about the last week I'm having a lot of trouble with NBC's signal. Have they lowered their power or is just my setup? All other channels no change and coming in strong.
post #4325 of 4342
Quote:
Originally Posted by socd View Post

For about the last week I'm having a lot of trouble with NBC's signal. Have they lowered their power or is just my setup? All other channels no change and coming in strong.

Nothing Wrong With Me Getting NBC HD on DirecTV & LiveWell On 4.2 OTA They're Fine these Past Couple Of Weeks so I'm Okay
post #4326 of 4342
As of today, I just lost all of my QAM channels that were working with Time Warner. I only get internet through TWC, and QAM has been working fine for months. I saw this article:

http://www.woai.com/mostpopular/story/Time-Warner-Cable-changes-Please-adjust-your/DXLY8l0onU2_7Wtc-4a6Ew.cspx

However, I did a rescan (Autoprogram), and the only station it picked up is a fuzzy black and white NBC on channel 3. It looks like QAM is totally jacked. Anyone else have this problem?
post #4327 of 4342
Same here. I have basic cable that plugs straight from the wall to the tv's. I got on a chat with a TW rep and he told me to do an auto scan. All the channels came back, HOWEVER!, some of them have moved around. Also, all of the HD channels begin to scramble like poor satellite reception. I don't always watch the TV, but when I do, I prefer my news to be sunny side up, not scrambled!
post #4328 of 4342
Well, here we are 8 days later after this frequency change and the HD from the wall is still scrambled like poor satellite reception. It was particularly bad to watch game 1 of the NBA finals tonight. GO SPURS GO! Anybody have an opinion on whats going on?
post #4329 of 4342
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowBeers View Post

Well, here we are 8 days later after this frequency change and the HD from the wall is still scrambled like poor satellite reception. It was particularly bad to watch game 1 of the NBA finals tonight. GO SPURS GO! Anybody have an opinion on whats going on?

I did autoscans on my TV's directly connected to the cable. The SD channels are working as well as all of the unrestricted (clear QAM) HD channels.
post #4330 of 4342
I will do another auto scan as well. I paid closer attention to the SD channels and they are 'making noise' as well, though not as often.
post #4331 of 4342
I am in the process of putting everything together, but need some advice from the gurus here. I built a HTPC (Silverstone case, i3, 4 GB RAM, 3.5 TB of HD and running Windows 7 MediaCenter). I am also running a Roku and Smart DVD off the wireless network.

I have built one DIY Bowtie antenna and put it in the attic and it works great. However it is a bit directional (I get KENS, KSAT, KLRN, etc) and I would like to receive a few of the other stations that are just about 180 degrees out.

I currently am running my coax from my homemade antenna to a splitter - one leg going to my HDTV (currently a 40" Sanyo 1080p)and the other going to a HD HomeRun Dual Tuner which is connected to my network (wired and wireless).

I would like to double up my current setup with another DIY antenna in the attic and another HD HomeRun dual tuner. I have included a diagram of my proposed setup.

All comments and advice welcome.

post #4332 of 4342
Tom; A few thoughts about your ideas. Your ethernet connections, I am guessing that your switches support Gigabit speed, many routers do not support Gigabit. If your router does not have Gigabit connections I would connect the switches together with a single connection to the router. Antenna decisions are tough, you might get multipath interference with two antennas combined. Also signal loss though the combiner would be a concern. You might try building an Omni directional antenna. Usually best thing do is experiment until you get the best combination. Google for antenna ideas. You can utilize the HD HomeRun Config GUI to see your signal strength & quality and get an idea of what changes make an improvement. www.antennaweb.org and www.tvfool.com may help you with ideas and location of stations.
post #4333 of 4342
Thanks for your comments, John.

I think with your input I can get a little better set-up. I found an extremely well reviewed omni directional antenna and will build that and attach directly to the HDTV. The two antennas in the attic will go directly to the 2 HD HomeRuns attached to the network. This should give me the best of both worlds without any multi-path interference and/or signal loss.

I have a few other major projects looming so this is going on the back burner for now. I will post the results when I get it completed..
post #4334 of 4342
I'm Getting My New DirecTV Genie Whole Home HD DVR & Clients on August 1st & It's Gonna Be Awesome,Plus I'm Getting an AM21 Tuner & Antenna to receive Local Stations & Subchannels,& Hooking It Up To The Internet to Get (internet Apps,YouTube,Pandora & On Demand) All in The Living Room & Also The DVR Spreads Around The House in Every Room Which is Awesome,Plus I'm Upgrading My Package to Choice Ultimate (Which Has Encore,TMC,Cloo) & Replacing Starz & Adding HBO For 9 Months free for $7,Plus I'm Getting DirecTV HD Service For Free at no Charge for 2 years,& Plus I'm Getting A Roku HD Streaming Box in September To Get Video On Demand & Internet TV on There,NOTE: I'm Getting Netflix & Hulu Plus Starting Labor Day & Plus I'm Adding more of Everything Free on Demand to The Roku (News/Weather,Sports,Music,Internet TV,Video On Demand,Games,Family & More) okay

[Beatboxing Rap] I'm Gonna Turn It On HBO,& I'm Gonna Put it on (f*** that S***) [Singing Hip Hop Version of HBO Theme]
Edited by SharkMan87 - 7/19/13 at 8:15pm
post #4335 of 4342
Did KCWX recently increase their power? In the past, I was generally able to receive a signal in San Antonio with my VHF/UHF rooftop antenna, although it was the least reliable signal among local stations, with occasional macroblocking, freezing, moire, or sometimes no signal. Haven't noticed any signal quality issues for at least a few weeks.
post #4336 of 4342
I have been a continuous subscriber to DirecTV since 1991 and have been happy with their service. The initial reason I went with them was that I lived in the hinterlands far enough that OTA signal was problematic and I had no access to a cable system. When I moved to the San Antonio area, I lived far enough north of the city that OTA there had problems too, so I kept the DTV. Now, however, I am moving inside the city, and because I am paying ~$235/mn. I am considering other providers of cable in San Antonio.

I need recommendations and feasibility thoughts here. I have my eye on the TiVo Roameo DVR, which has more useful function than the DTV Genie, which @ $29.95/mn. cost about the same as the Roamio after a couple of years, accepts OTA antenna input, and takes my Apple TV seamlessly. Seems like AT&T will not accept the Roamio on its system, so Time Warner seems to be the choice by elimination. Question: Is TW worth a crap stacking up against DTV and would it be appreciably cheaper? In that price I have been paying for DTV, I had most all of the movie channels, 4 HD dvr receivers ( old style) and the NFL package, which I will have to forego, I know.

Any considerations I have missed would be appreciated.
Edited by Distorted - 2/9/14 at 9:26pm
post #4337 of 4342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

I have been a continuous subscriber to DirecTV since 1991 and have been happy with their service. The initial reason I went with them was that I lived in the hinterlands far enough that OTA signal was problematic and I had no access to a cable system. When I moved to the San Antonio area, I lived far enough north of the city that OTA there had problems too, so I kept the DTV. Now, however, I am moving inside the city, and because I am paying ~$235/mn. I am considering other providers of cable in San Antonio.

I need recommendations and feasibility thoughts here. I have my eye on the TiVo Roameo DVR, which has more useful function than the DTV Genie, which @ $29.95/mn. cost about the same as the Roamio after a couple of years, accepts OTA antenna input, and takes my Apple TV seamlessly. Seems like AT&T will not accept the Roamio on its system, so Time Warner seems to be the choice by elimination. Question: Is TW worth a crap stacking up against DTV and would it be appreciably cheaper? In that price I have been paying for DTV, I had most all of the movie channels, 4 HD dvr receivers ( old style) and the NFL package, which I will have to forego, I know.

Any considerations I have missed would be appreciated.

We are a family of 2 and use Time Warner. There are 8 TV's in the house. We have a 20MB Internet Connection with TWC. There is 1 TWC HD DVR and 2 TWC HD Non-DVR boxes. Phones are VOIP with Vonage & MagicJack. TV's without a box are directly connected to the cable and get about 96 channels. Both Standard Definition and High Definition (Clear QAM- Locals same as OTA - about 24). Major networks ABC,CBS, NBC, CW and Fox are all available in HD without a box. My DVR is also connected to a Channel Plus 5525 modulator, it allows to me to watch (in SD) and remotely control the DVR on TV's without a box (offices, guest and hobby room). I also use an both an HDHomeRun and Hauppauge HD PVR with my HTPC and can record the channels available directly off the cable. I do not subscribe to any premium channels and my bill (Internet & TV) is one,four,three without any promos (including all taxes etc).

Initial, subscriptions and cable card cost have kept me from using TiVo.

From what I have seen good quality broadcasts on look as good on TWC as other providers. The Olympics have been excellent.
post #4338 of 4342
Quote:
Originally Posted by John P View Post

We are a family of 2 and use Time Warner. There are 8 TV's in the house. We have a 20MB Internet Connection with TWC. There is 1 TWC HD DVR and 2 TWC HD Non-DVR boxes. Phones are VOIP with Vonage & MagicJack. TV's without a box are directly connected to the cable and get about 96 channels. Both Standard Definition and High Definition (Clear QAM- Locals same as OTA - about 24). Major networks ABC,CBS, NBC, CW and Fox are all available in HD without a box. My DVR is also connected to a Channel Plus 5525 modulator, it allows to me to watch (in SD) and remotely control the DVR on TV's without a box (offices, guest and hobby room). I also use an both an HDHomeRun and Hauppauge HD PVR with my HTPC and can record the channels available directly off the cable. I do not subscribe to any premium channels and my bill (Internet & TV) is one,four,three without any promos (including all taxes etc).

Initial, subscriptions and cable card cost have kept me from using TiVo.

From what I have seen good quality broadcasts on look as good on TWC as other providers. The Olympics have been excellent.

Thanks. I take your response to mean that you get your service for $143/ mnth., but that you cannot push the DVR HD feed to the remote TVs? Sounds like TWC with similar DVRs to my present DirecTV setup may be a bit cheaper.
post #4339 of 4342
Great news, looks like we'll be getting Google Fiber!
post #4340 of 4342
KSAT-12 having some problems today with loss of decoding on the Zenith DTT901 box (and also briefly on a DS DTX9950) - plenty strong signal. Spend a LOT of time on their 12.2 (MeTV).
post #4341 of 4342
Can't wait for Google Fiber!!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
post #4342 of 4342
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA5IYX View Post

KSAT-12 having some problems today with loss of decoding on the Zenith DTT901 box (and also briefly on a DS DTX9950) - plenty strong signal. Spend a LOT of time on their 12.2 (MeTV).
There We're No Problems With KSAT-12 or MeTV On My Zinwell DTV Converter Box,They We're Working Fine In My Bedroom The Other Day,No Problems
Edited by SharkMan87 - 3/8/14 at 4:11pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › San Antonio, TX - HDTV