Today, I didn't have to use my AK. I got to say it was a good day.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves - there's always bad news to go along with the good, but on balance today went well. The bad news is the screen wall - I didn't take a picture to show you, because it is too shameful. However, I have a strategy to deal with it and a strategy to make sure the second layer is better, plus I know that it will be behind a false wall, so the stress is much less. So even the bad news isn't all bad.
I had a little help for about an hour today, and Ben and I were very efficient, We got the last screen wall piece test fit (I had cut it mostly alone - again for nearly an hour this morning). Then we got the last of the pieces for the rear wall cut and test fit. This evening, I got all of them GGed and hung. You can also see the "incident" with the hammer (upper right) and the fairly horrible geometric distortion of my camera - some of my walls are not plumb and straight, but these are!
A couple weeks ago, I was concerned that I was using the GG at too slow a pace. As of today, I have hung just a hair over 700sqft of drywall, and here's the result (minus the load or so that I scooped into the new pail I opened).
J_P_A's calculation (which I checked and agreed with - thanks!) said a gallon should hang 730sqft at 1-load density. So I feel good that I'm right on. Plus, today is three days working out of four, so I'm back on track (for now at least). Thinking of renaming this the fits and starts build...