or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Integra DTR-80.3 DTR-70.3 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Integra DTR-80.3 DTR-70.3 Thread - Page 2

post #31 of 117
Bought 70.3 yesterday. I've set it up and it's sounds fine, took a little time to get through the menus. Couple of things, the integra iPod app sucks, I thought my Yamaha app was bad but integra's takes the cake. If I was them I wouldn't even offer that. Yes I have the o remote app and it works nice. On my Yamaha app I can stream my music from my device, is there anyway to do that on the o remote app? Also there are so many listening modes for movies that it is overwhelming, what do most of you guys use for playback? Thanks
post #32 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyraxus View Post

70.3 owner here and I've noticed what I would refer to as the ominous 'random clicks'. My setup is a PS3 (Fat) going to the the 70.3 going to an Epson 5010. The last two blu-rays I've watched my wife and I have both heard clicks at random points during the movie. No audio dropout occurred during the clicks and the audio did not change formats - this was during the middle of the movie. I was running the receiver at about a volume setting of 70. I'm wondering if this was caused by heat since I noticed the unit was rather hot.

After I heard the last click I rewound the movie to slightly before the click happened and let it play to reproduce - nothing. I was not able to reproduce it and that's got me worried as far as finding the cause and getting it fixed.

HAS this been reported before (even with previous models)? Was there a resolution?
What do you guys think, do I have a defective unit or is this just something that happens during break-in?

Thanks for any help in advance - I'm rather concerned about this.

Set mine up last night and ran pretty hard. I didn't hear anything but really nice soundtracks and music. I don't have any fans yet but plan on using some just for peace of mind.
post #33 of 117
Also I'm new to the onkyo/integra line I've been Yamaha all my life. Any tips or secrets I need to know.

Thanks
Barry
post #34 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by bezlar View Post

Bought 70.3 yesterday. I've set it up and it's sounds fine, took a little time to get through the menus. Couple of things, the integra iPod app sucks, I thought my Yamaha app was bad but integra's takes the cake. If I was them I wouldn't even offer that. Yes I have the o remote app and it works nice. On my Yamaha app I can stream my music from my device, is there anyway to do that on the o remote app? Also there are so many listening modes for movies that it is overwhelming, what do most of you guys use for playback? Thanks

Agree both the Onkyo and Integra app are pathetic.

No streaming from your phone you need AirPlay or something similar.
post #35 of 117
Longtime reader, but first time posting here. I am planning to replace my Yamaha RX-V3800 with a new receiver. I am also upgrading my speakers (surround speakers will be replaced by KEF Q800DS - Dipole). My usage is 70% movies and 30% music. Could anyone please answe the following questions

1) I have not heard Integra or Onkyo for a long time so not sure about the sonic characteristics. My local dealer does not have Integra or Onkyo in stock (latest model). How is Integra's SQ compared to the receivers like Anthem? I assume that Integra has no problem on driving the less efficiency speakers (sensitity 85dB) like KEF dipole (as surround) decent speaker like KEF Q900 (sensitivity 91dB).

2)I read some complains about heating issues Is that something that I need to be worried about. In my setup, front, top and rear of the receiver is open and I assume that heating will not be an issue.

3) Is Integra 80.3 same as Onkyo 5009 in terms of SQ?

4) I heard about clicking issues. Is that something that I need to be concerned about?

-Jay
post #36 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay777 View Post

Longtime reader, but first time posting here. I am planning to replace my Yamaha RX-V3800 with a new receiver. I am also upgrading my speakers (surround speakers will be replaced by KEF Q800DS - Dipole). My usage is 70% movies and 30% music. Could anyone please answe the following questions

1) I have not heard Integra or Onkyo for a long time so not sure about the sonic characteristics. My local dealer does not have Integra or Onkyo in stock (latest model). How is Integra's SQ compared to the receivers like Anthem? I assume that Integra has no problem on driving the less efficiency speakers (sensitity 85dB) like KEF dipole (as surround) decent speaker like KEF Q900 (sensitivity 91dB).

2)I read some complains about heating issues Is that something that I need to be worried about. In my setup, front, top and rear of the receiver is open and I assume that heating will not be an issue.

3) Is Integra 80.3 same as Onkyo 5009 in terms of SQ?

4) I heard about clicking issues. Is that something that I need to be concerned about?

-Jay

Couple days in and no problems. Ran my 70.3 pretty hard first night didn't seem over the top hot.
post #37 of 117
I also replaced 3800 the integra sounds better, but may have to do with the audssy. Their iPod app sucks.
post #38 of 117
Jay777...when I auditioned the integra 70.3 with the Anthem 700mrx I found the integra more warmer sounding. Now, that can be sometimes a good thing and sometimes bad. I found a hard time to decide which one to get as some movies sounded better on the Integra and some on the Anthem. In the End I got the Integra as it seemed more future proof to me. But to be honest sometimes I think I made a mistake
post #39 of 117
Oh, and I have the Kef XQ series speakers which might play a role too
post #40 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanuel View Post

Hi,
I got my 70.3 couple weeks ago. It seems like a great amp, but quite frankly I'm not too smitten by the sound;(. It just never seems to sound "big" so I keep turning it up untill it's too loud to listen to. Also what is with the volume, usually I have to have it at around 70-75 to get a decent volume? And I also get the audio delay when playing bluray on my ps3. Also sometimes I'd get a very loud pop sound which is quite annoying.
But perhaps I don't have it set up right. Can't seem to do the microphone set up as it always seems to show that I have rear sorrounds when I only have front, centre and sorround speakers. Even tho I set it that way in the settings, once I plug in the Mic to do the set up it tries to pick rear sorrounds again.

Hi Samanuel,

I home auditioned the Integra DTR 50.3, and had similar experience of audio delay playing blu-ray and clipped notes on the 1st track playing CD's.

I love the Integra's SQ. These may not be the deal breaker, but sure are annoying. How do you fix the audio delay problem?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Alfred
post #41 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrunsiowaboy View Post

Greetings everyone, I am somewhat new posting here and hope someone can help me. I just got my Integra 70.3 Monday and set everything up. It truly sounds amazing with my MA Silver system and HSU Sub. I am having an issue noone can figure out. My blu ray (Panasonic BDT210), when advancing chapters or going to a specific chapter, has about a 3 second audio delay. The video is going, but no audio. I updated to the latest firmware, hard reset, unplugged all the HDMI, I ran through speaker setup, everything. This also happens when starting a Blu Ray. It alsmost seems like the sound codec is delayed. It was in DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD. I hope someone can help.
Also wondering if anyone has seen a lag with a PS3 or a grainy picture. I have the PS3 display output set to 1080p/24, but its output is 1080p/60, which I assume is the game. Should I set this to 720p or 1080i?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Integra 70.3
MA RX6, RXCenter, RXFX, RX1,
HSU VTF-15H
Sony VPL 15,
Panny BDT210.

Hello, I have the same experience of audio delay with the Integra/Panasonic blu-ray player combo. In addition, the combo also clips a few notes on the 1st track of regular CD's.

How do you fix the problem?

Thanks,
Alfred
post #42 of 117
Hi Alfred...quite frankly I haven't fixed it. The problem is that it seems to do so only on some movies and then some are fine. I've noticed there is a lip sinc option in the settings so perhaps it would be worth having a little play with that. Altho if it happens to You with all blu-rays, that would be quite frustrating. But at this moment can't think of anything else
post #43 of 117
Hi Samanuel,

Thanks for your reply. The audio delay is no biggie, just a bit annoying though.
post #44 of 117
But I have another question to someone who uses their integra with the playstation 3 as a blu ray player. I can't seem to work out how to get the ps3 to only send the source into the integra leaving the integra it self to process the audio and video? As right now the ps3 does the processing therefor it isn't that great for the integra to process it again afterwords. I would like only for the integra to do the processing.
post #45 of 117
Worked it out...and I don't know if i'm just imagining it but man is the picture and sound better when only processing by the integra).
post #46 of 117
Im looking into the 70.3 or 80.3 and have a question. Can the video upconvert settings be set by input? For example can i have my bd player set to pass through untouched and have my directv set to upconvert to 1080p even though they will be sent out the same hdmi out?
post #47 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

Im looking into the 70.3 or 80.3 and have a question. Can the video upconvert settings be set by input? For example can i have my bd player set to pass through untouched and have my directv set to upconvert to 1080p even though they will be sent out the same hdmi out?

Yes you can
post #48 of 117
Working on a new system and im undecided between the 80.3 and 70.3. The only reason im considering the 80.3 is the receiver will be driving dynaudio x12's, x22 and dm 2/6 and they are not the easiest to drive. According to my dealer the 80.3 is back ordered a few weeks currently.
post #49 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

Working on a new system and im undecided between the 80.3 and 70.3. The only reason im considering the 80.3 is the receiver will be driving dynaudio x12's, x22 and dm 2/6 and they are not the easiest to drive. According to my dealer the 80.3 is back ordered a few weeks currently.

Those that went with the 80.3 over the 70.3 would you care to chime in with your reasons and experience? Im still undecided if the $600 difference is worth the shielded transformer, 2 more independant power supplies and a few more watts per channel. Thanks.
post #50 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

Those that went with the 80.3 over the 70.3 would you care to chime in with your reasons and experience? Im still undecided if the $600 difference is worth the shielded transformer, 2 more independant power supplies and a few more watts per channel. Thanks.

The Integra site is all wrong, the 70.3 is the same as the Onkyo 3009, the only difference between the amp section of these two and the Integra 80.3/Onkyo 5009 is the latter feature a toroidal transformer where as the former have a regular EI transformer. All four feature separate transformers for video and audio processing.
post #51 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo604 View Post

The Integra site is all wrong, the 70.3 is the same as the Onkyo 3009, the only difference between the amp section of these two and the Integra 80.3/Onkyo 5009 is the latter feature a toroidal transformer where as the former have a regular EI transformer. All four feature separate transformers for video and audio processing.

Thanks. Looking at the specs for the nr3009 and nr5009 this seems correct. I wonder why the integra site is incorrect? My question remains though is the transformer and a few extra watts worth the extra $600?
post #52 of 117
There is no objective answer for this just subjective reasoning.
post #53 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkey View Post

There is no objective answer for this just subjective reasoning.

Agreed, there is no "right" answer. Im just curious as to others perspective on cost vs performance gain.
post #54 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

Working on a new system and im undecided between the 80.3 and 70.3. The only reason im considering the 80.3 is the receiver will be driving dynaudio x12's, x22 and dm 2/6 and they are not the easiest to drive. According to my dealer the 80.3 is back ordered a few weeks currently.

I was making this decision about 3 months ago. I decided to go with the 70.3 as I did not think was worth the difference to go with the 80.3. In talking with by dealer we both concluded it made sense to either do the 70.3 or really step up and do the separates. I almost did that but decided was not worth it given current set up and room.

FWIW I a, very happy with 70.3
post #55 of 117
Hi guys,

I have been lurking for quite a while, and I am faced with a delima that I could use some opinions to make a better discision. Currently, I have a marantz SR7500 which so far has been an excellent receiver, but is unfortunatley starting to become a little dated.

So, I have been toying with the idea of upgrading to the Integra DTR 80.3. My current setup involves the Klypsch Synergy F-3, C-3, and S-3 and a Velodyne DD-12. The speakers I realize are entry level speakers, but I can't seem to stay ahead of the technology in order to purchase new speakers. My components include the Oppo 93, Dish Network VIP 922, and a VCR (the wife's doing). My room size is over 3,000 cu. ft., but that number includes the halways and the kitchen. The listening area is around 2100 cu. ft. However, I am thinking that getting a hi-end receiver that seems to be some what future proof might be a good route, and then I could really match a nice set of speakers with the receiver when funds allow.

So, I guess what I am asking, is do I take the plung on the amp? Or do I take the money and put them on speakers? Speakers that I am considering are the Aperion Verus Grand Towers, Grand center, and the di/bi surround speakers.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh D.
post #56 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

Working on a new system and im undecided between the 80.3 and 70.3. The only reason im considering the 80.3 is the receiver will be driving dynaudio x12's, x22 and dm 2/6 and they are not the easiest to drive. According to my dealer the 80.3 is back ordered a few weeks currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

Those that went with the 80.3 over the 70.3 would you care to chime in with your reasons and experience? Im still undecided if the $600 difference is worth the shielded transformer, 2 more independant power supplies and a few more watts per channel. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo604 View Post

The Integra site is all wrong, the 70.3 is the same as the Onkyo 3009, the only difference between the amp section of these two and the Integra 80.3/Onkyo 5009 is the latter feature a toroidal transformer where as the former have a regular EI transformer. All four feature separate transformers for video and audio processing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkey View Post

There is no objective answer for this just subjective reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

Agreed, there is no "right" answer. Im just curious as to others perspective on cost vs performance gain.

Placed my order today for the 80.3, why not
post #57 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post

Placed my order today for the 80.3, why not

The 80.3 is still backordered according to my dealer where i purchased This thread sure is dead for Integra to be out of stock on the unit.
post #58 of 117
Crap, I need to call my rep! I ordered one yesterday, but he couldn't get the Integra rep on the phone. He told me that stock SHOULD be good. I'll get back to you if I hear otherwise.

Josh D.
post #59 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdolotina View Post

Crap, I need to call my rep! I ordered one yesterday, but he couldn't get the Integra rep on the phone. He told me that stock SHOULD be good. I'll get back to you if I hear otherwise.

Josh D.

Thanks, im curious to find out what you hear either way.
post #60 of 117
Ok, my dealer told me that they had the DTR 80.3 in stock and it is on its way here. I'm supposed to get the unit either Friday or Monday. So, I either got the last one, or your dealer isn't aware of current inventories. You may try and call integra direct to verify stock.

Good luck,
Josh D.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Integra DTR-80.3 DTR-70.3 Thread