or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sharp Elite Prices - Page 14

post #391 of 566
hi,

Any one can PM me with guide about how to get price adjustment from BB for my 70" order I placed 2 weeks ago? Please.
No, this isn't new planned order, where U have the most bargain power, but asking to get some credit back.

Thanks for any info for this matter.

Mike.
post #392 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek753 View Post

hi,
Any one can PM me with guide about how to get price adjustment from BB for my 70" order I placed 2 weeks ago? Please.
No, this isn't new planned order, where U have the most bargain power, but asking to get some credit back.
Thanks for any info for this matter.
Mike.

Don't think you really need a guide. Just bring in proof of the competitors price. If that competitor is not an authorized brick & mortar retailer, be prepared to negotiate. Keep in mind, they may also want to verify the competitor has them in stock.
post #393 of 566
Has anyone got the $5100 price or near to it in the Atlanta area? Is there a receipt or anything to share? Someone printed these forum pages and got the discount - that is amazing.
Edited by nakenergy - 1/9/13 at 1:35pm
post #394 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgdl View Post

PM sent smile.gif
Just purchased a 70" today @ 6795 in PA. Could you PM me so i can try to get a price adjustment. Thanks Mike
post #395 of 566
Anyone purchased one of these in Canada recently?? I am in Ontario so any pricing information would be appreciated.
post #396 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek753 View Post

hi,

Any one can PM me with guide about how to get price adjustment from BB for my 70" order I placed 2 weeks ago? Please.
No, this isn't new planned order, where U have the most bargain power, but asking to get some credit back.

Thanks for any info for this matter.

Mike.
Mike, Any luck ??
post #397 of 566
Hey Mike,

I'm in Ottawa. I just pulled the trigger on the 70" , and got it for $6,500 + HST, Delivery included. A couple of considerations, there was only one place I could find in my city that carried it, because of that its hard to price match as competition in my area is low. Couldn't find a Canadian authorized online dealer. I'm not sure if it was a pressure tactic to help close the deal, but another reason I was given for not discounting more is that apparently they will be discontinued shortly and demand will spike as people try to get the last ones.
post #398 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJR0309 View Post

Mike, Any luck ??

No, I didn't try for a while. Got busy @work and calc and pay 4th Est tax pay - crazy time.
post #399 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by pred1973 View Post

Hey Mike,

I'm in Ottawa. I just pulled the trigger on the 70" , and got it for $6,500 + HST, Delivery included. A couple of considerations, there was only one place I could find in my city that carried it, because of that its hard to price match as competition in my area is low. Couldn't find a Canadian authorized online dealer. I'm not sure if it was a pressure tactic to help close the deal, but another reason I was given for not discounting more is that apparently they will be discontinued shortly and demand will spike as people try to get the last ones.

Maybe someone else could chime in, but it seems to me that when Pioneer was discontinuing their plasma TVs, that the price dropped before going back up. Don't know if they had a boatload of inventory they were trying to sell off or if consumers were scared off that if it were to need warranty work, that they'd be left in the cold.
post #400 of 566
Might have been the case, but I think there may be two factors at play in my area. One there is no competition for these models in my area, and I live in a city of about a million people, so unless I want to risk transporting it myself or paying a huge delivery fee for being out of the delivery area of another retailer, this was my only choice. Second, in my area, the experience from the Kuro being discontinued was a learning experience. When the supply dried up I seen those going for a good chunk above the MSRP. Talking to a few salesguys at various places they all said that the people who bought the last ones were willing to pay whatever they were asking to get one and they wished they had charged more for them.

I know there is a lot of excitement about OLED and 4K, but in my opinion we are at least a few years out from them being affordable and accessible. I returned a Sharp 80" (the Quattron 3D model, not the lower model) to get the Elite, and after looking for literally hours and hours at different sets, and watching/reading up on the latest CES offerings it really is in a unique niche. Without ruffling any feathers, I will say that I thought the VT50 series plasma's had a more "natural" looking picture (full disclosure, I am upgrading from a GT30 and do have a plasma preference) but the biggest size is 65". I looked at the 75" 9000 series Samsung, but that was $10 k for 75" (out the door) and honestly I didn't find the picture as good as the Elite. I did buy the Sharp 80" and even paid to have it calibrated before ultimately returning it, so pretty much went through all the options regarding size/PQ/price . Looking at the next year there was no real change in that equation shown at CES. There are sets with better PQ (thinking the new ZT series from Panasonic) but again maxed out at 65". Bigger screens with 4k but at $20 K to start.

So I think retailers are very aware of the way things went with the Kuro's and looking ahead there isn't really a direct alternative (regarding the size/PQ/price ratio) to the Elite for at least a year, so I think they will try to maximize their profits on the Elites.
post #401 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Maybe someone else could chime in, but it seems to me that when Pioneer was discontinuing their plasma TVs, that the price dropped before going back up. Don't know if they had a boatload of inventory they were trying to sell off or if consumers were scared off that if it were to need warranty work, that they'd be left in the cold.


We were going into a serious recession this caused panic. Things were collapsing also the biggest reason Pioneer stepped out. They were along with many companies losing loads of money.
So they panicked too. -low prices-

Then the -higher pricing- was because of low inventory and people worried they won't get one. I remember lots of broken glass on the newer models too.
post #402 of 566
I can get the 70" for $5900 delivered. Is this a good price or are people realling getting this for $5100 out the door?

-Brian
post #403 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bghead8che View Post

I can get the 70" for $5900 delivered. Is this a good price or are people realling getting this for $5100 out the door?

-Brian

Where?
post #404 of 566
I am definitely interested in the 70 inch model, and would be willing to pay some premium for local, but does anyone have a scan of a Best Buy Receipt I can use at my local store? Thanks for any help anyone can provide. PM me and we can talk.
post #405 of 566
$5900 delivered seems to be a good price. I'd go for that. Please let us know who made this offer, and send a web address if possible. It will help us all as we negotiate.
post #406 of 566
If inventory does not replenish, if this is the end of production. Buy now or you will not have another chance, it looks that bad....... frown.gif
post #407 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

If inventory does not replenish, if this is the end of production. Buy now or you will not have another chance, it looks that bad....... frown.gif

Having you state this is not a good thing
post #408 of 566
These sets are going the way of the do-do bird and will not be replaced. There should be some good closeout deals on these sets.
post #409 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post

These sets are going the way of the do-do bird and will not be replaced. There should be some good closeout deals on these sets.

When a model ends, the price for it usually drops but not because the model ended per se, but because the demand for it has dropped.

In the case of the Elite, if it's perceived that it's a quality that cannot be found elsewhere, there may be a continual niche demand (it was never more than niche due to its price tag anyway). This might prevent the "close-out deals" that you see with your average model.
post #410 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

When a model ends, the price for it usually drops but not because the model ended per se, but because the demand for it has dropped.

In the case of the Elite, if it's perceived that it's a quality that cannot be found elsewhere, there may be a continual niche demand (it was never more than niche due to its price tag anyway). This might prevent the "close-out deals" that you see with your average model.

This is true. I wouldn't expect any crazy deals. In fact, since rumors of their discontinuation have started to spread demand has spiked slightly. Also, keep in mind, there has never been an excessive amount of Elite inventory in the wild.
post #411 of 566
These sets as a whole have been a huge financial failure for Sharp, hence 1 generation and they are done. They were grossly overpriced for the quality and my local magnolia store hasn't sold 1 Elite TV since it opened 6 months ago. A Pioneer Elite TV would never have sat on the shelves in a store without selling a single model in a 6 month time frame or even 30 days. Then again they weren't priced 2-3 times that of a standard Sharp model, They were about 30% higher than a standard Pioneer. Panasonic has sets that equal the PQ for less than half the price. I would buy one but the price would have to be significantly reduced. I doubt I would even pay dealer cost of $4,400 for the 70in. Too many equally performing models out there at far cheaper cost.
post #412 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post

These sets as a whole have been a huge financial failure for Sharp, hence 1 generation and they are done. They were grossly overpriced for the quality and my local magnolia store hasn't sold 1 Elite TV since it opened 6 months ago. A Pioneer Elite TV would never have sat on the shelves in a store without selling a single model in a 6 month time frame or even 30 days. Then again they weren't priced 2-3 times that of a standard Sharp model, They were about 30% higher than a standard Pioneer. Panasonic has sets that equal the PQ for less than half the price. I would buy one but the price would have to be significantly reduced. I doubt I would even pay dealer cost of $4,400 for the 70in. Too many equally performing models out there at far cheaper cost.

What are these Panasonic sets of equal PQ for < 1/2 the price? If you say the plasmas then that's an incomplete statement at best since IR and BI problems persist on even the top of the line VTs, which make them a complete non starter for many people, myself included.
post #413 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post

These sets as a whole have been a huge financial failure for Sharp, hence 1 generation and they are done. They were grossly overpriced for the quality and my local magnolia store hasn't sold 1 Elite TV since it opened 6 months ago. A Pioneer Elite TV would never have sat on the shelves in a store without selling a single model in a 6 month time frame or even 30 days. Then again they weren't priced 2-3 times that of a standard Sharp model, They were about 30% higher than a standard Pioneer. Panasonic has sets that equal the PQ for less than half the price. I would buy one but the price would have to be significantly reduced. I doubt I would even pay dealer cost of $4,400 for the 70in. Too many equally performing models out there at far cheaper cost.

While I won't argue that they could have been better sellers, the sales at the store you speak of are not indicative of sales at most Magnolia locations.
post #414 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

While I won't argue that they could have been better sellers, the sales at the store you speak of are not indicative of sales at most Magnolia locations.

Isn't Magnolia just a Bestbuy section? I've never understood this.
post #415 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Isn't Magnolia just a Bestbuy section? I've never understood this.

Magnolia is wholly owned by Best Buy. There are two types of locations though. Magnolia Home Theater(MHT), which is the most common, carries products that are a step or two above what Best Buy would normally carry. The sales team works in both the Magnolia area and Best Buy area and usually has some additional training. The other type is a Magnolia Design Center(MDC). These are scattered around the country and are less common than the MHT locations. They carry most of what an MHT will carry, but they go a couple steps further with McIntosh, Arcam, B&W Diamond, Runco etc. They have a dedicated commissioned sales team that only works in the Magnolia section. They do custom integration and complex theater installations as well.

Hope that helps clarify things for you!
post #416 of 566
I went to BB locally here and asked how much for the floor model. They are listing the Elite 70" for 7K. The guy checked inventory and said that they had five left in the Denver warehouse and they would not look at selling the floor model till the others were gone. Also he said that the shipment they got in was the last they would get.
Edited by Audiguy3 - 2/16/13 at 8:00am
post #417 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiguy3 View Post

I went to BB locally here and asked how much for the floor model. They are listing the Elite 70" for 7K. The guy checked inventory and said that they had five left in the Denver warehouse and they would not look at selling the floor model till the others were gone. Also he said that the shipment they got in was the last they would get.

It's also worth noting that Sharp still has not officially discontinued this model.
post #418 of 566
^^^ They never really do...........
post #419 of 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

^^^ They never really do...........

Isn't that the truth. More to the point I guess, the disposition on these is still somewhat open.
post #420 of 566
Went to BB in Houston today and they have two 70" Elite floor models available for $5k.

Really out of my budget, but I'm super tempted.

Between this and the Sharp Le844u
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home