or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE632U Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE632U Owner's Thread

post #1 of 1482
Thread Starter 
Figured it might be good to start a thread for us 70'' 632 owners instead of hyjacking either the 80'' 632 or 732 threads =). Feel free to post any questions/comments/concerns here!
post #2 of 1482
Im tempted to nab one today before they start depleting the stock on bf.
post #3 of 1482
Thread Starter 
Looks like Fry's is gonna have t for 1500$ if you have one near you!
post #4 of 1482
Does this have the Vypr drive game mode???
post #5 of 1482
I'm a plasma guy, and was going to get a 64" Sammy D7000, but may grab this for the BF price...regardless of how I feel about LED vs. plasma...
post #6 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaidonjin View Post

Does this have the Vypr drive game mode???

Yes and a PC mode that does the same.
post #7 of 1482
Thread Starter 
Anyone have some cal settings for this TV that they would like to share?
post #8 of 1482
Iam in the bay area and would pick one at this offer.Going to Frys today and check out this set.
post #9 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAPOPO View Post

Yes and a PC mode that does the same.

Is there any noticeable gaming lag????
post #10 of 1482
Sweet, thanks for starting the thread. I just ordered mine today from Best Buy and pick it up on Tuesday. Pretty excited to go from 50" to 70".
post #11 of 1482
Im a plasma guy too. I currently own a Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020. I have to say after viewing this tv in best buy today I was really impressed with the black levels and picture quality. They had it right next to the Sharp 732u (same tv except with quatron yellow pixel) and the difference was minimal. Definitely not worth the $800 price difference. This tv is a great buy for this price point.
post #12 of 1482
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog151 View Post

Im a plasma guy too. I currently own a Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020. I have to say after viewing this tv in best buy today I was really impressed with the black levels and picture quality. They had it right next to the Sharp 732u (same tv except with quatron yellow pixel) and the difference was minimal. Definitely not worth the $800 price difference. This tv is a great buy for this price point.

Yes I totally agree, I could not tell the difference either beyond minimal improvement.

I must say, watching blu rays on this thing is incredible - however, anything under 720p is definitely of noticeable lower quality. Price you pay for such a big revealing set
post #13 of 1482
I just bought this TV but it is sitting on the floor. I bought it from sears and had my old faithful Hitachi hauled away. I bought a wall mount but my wall studs are 24" apart and the mount will not work in my space so I had to order another tonight. So I will not able to use my TV until next week. This is too big for any TV stand that I own.

Must be patient.
post #14 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog151 View Post

Im a plasma guy too. I currently own a Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020. I have to say after viewing this tv in best buy today I was really impressed with the black levels and picture quality. They had it right next to the Sharp 732u (same tv except with quatron yellow pixel) and the difference was minimal. Definitely not worth the $800 price difference. This tv is a great buy for this price point.

I went and bought this from Costco this evening...price is in the "Great Found Deals" thread. As I said previously, I've been a die-hard plasma guy, and was going to upgrade my 58" Sammy to a 64" D7000...then the bottom fell out of the price for this, and I decided to make the move to LCD to get 70" at this price point.

In Costco, the 632 was right next to the 733 (Costco's 732), and there was no apparent difference to me. And my GF strongly preferred the matte screen to the glossy screens of the plasmas and some other LCD's. I have always preferred a glossy screen, but have to say that the matte is growing on me...really nice not to have the reflections.

I'm watching this now, and am impressed. It's "different" from my plasma, but not "worse"...just different. And I set it up straight out-of-the-box with zero adjustments...other than changing from "Standard" to "Movie." We watched Modern Family on "Standard," and I definitely noticed the Soap Opera Effect, which was a bit disconcerting on a 70" screen. Now watching Survivor, after switching to "Movie," and it darkened and softened it a bit. The SOE seems reduced, which may be a function of "Movie," and also from getting used to it.

I plan on reading through the 732 thread to find some various, recommended settings for the 632, as I plan on tweaking it as best I can to optimize the colors, soften the sharpness, etc. That said, can anyone recommend some specific post numbers with good settings for the 632?

I'm looking forward to watching football on this all day tomorrow, and seeing how that looks, and playing with the settings throughout. Have not even tried out any Blu-Rays yet...

Again, the picture and colors, straight out-of-the-box, are impressive, and I am quite happy with it. And the 70" size...just...WOW!! That's a game-changer for me...the bigger size makes a huge difference.

Looking forward to hearing about other stories, settings, pluses and minuses, etc. Good luck!!
post #15 of 1482
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltaz View Post

I went and bought this from Costco this evening...price is in the "Great Found Deals" thread. As I said previously, I've been a die-hard plasma guy, and was going to upgrade my 58" Sammy to a 64" D7000...then the bottom fell out of the price for this, and I decided to make the move to LCD to get 70" at this price point.

In Costco, the 632 was right next to the 733 (Costco's 732), and there was no apparent difference to me. And my GF strongly preferred the matte screen to the glossy screens of the plasmas and some other LCD's. I have always preferred a glossy screen, but have to say that the matte is growing on me...really nice not to have the reflections.

I'm watching this now, and am impressed. It's "different" from my plasma, but not "worse"...just different. And I set it up straight out-of-the-box with zero adjustments...other than changing from "Standard" to "Movie." We watched Modern Family on "Standard," and I definitely noticed the Soap Opera Effect, which was a bit disconcerting on a 70" screen. Now watching Survivor, after switching to "Movie," and it darkened and softened it a bit. The SOE seems reduced, which may be a function of "Movie," and also from getting used to it.

I plan on reading through the 732 thread to find some various, recommended settings for the 632, as I plan on tweaking it as best I can to optimize the colors, soften the sharpness, etc. That said, can anyone recommend some specific post numbers with good settings for the 632?

I'm looking forward to watching football on this all day tomorrow, and seeing how that looks, and playing with the settings throughout. Have not even tried out any Blu-Rays yet...

Again, the picture and colors, straight out-of-the-box, are impressive, and I am quite happy with it. And the 70" size...just...WOW!! That's a game-changer for me...the bigger size makes a huge difference.

Looking forward to hearing about other stories, settings, pluses and minuses, etc. Good luck!!

Try turning off film mode, that makes the SOE go away
post #16 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post

Try turning off film mode, that makes the SOE go away

Yep, did so this morning...replayed the beginning of Modern Family off the DVR, and...voila'!!!...SOE gone! Looked "normal"...
post #17 of 1482
does frys deliver this tv if i buy it on line i live in mass
post #18 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny 21 View Post

does frys deliver this tv if i buy it on line i live in mass

In-store only...
post #19 of 1482
Ordered this set locally in Canada for the price you guys are paying in Costco US as the reseller had a promotion. Later I got confused whether this is a edge lit or full array and cancelled the order. Now have to wait until the next sale probably around Christmas time.
post #20 of 1482
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsong1169 View Post

Ordered this set locally in Canada for the price you guys are paying in Costco US as the reseller had a promotion. Later I got confused whether this is a edge lit or full array and cancelled the order. Now have to wait until the next sale probably around Christmas time.

This set is full array backlit.
post #21 of 1482
My sammy is over 4 years old. The illumination is getting tired and it no longer has the pop it used to. I think this sharp will fit my needs most adequately. I am still on the fence about 60 or 70" bu my living room is 18x20 so I figure 70" will work (I mean a good 13-14 feet from the TV should be enough). I will be at fry's right after midnight to see if I can snag one -what the heck it's worth a shot. Quattron seems more like a gimmick to me so I will be taking a chance on these rgb panels. Wish me luck.
post #22 of 1482
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic dog View Post

My sammy is over 4 years old. The illumination is getting tired and it no longer has the pop it used to. I think this sharp will fit my needs most adequately. I am still on the fence about 60 or 70" bu my living room is 18x20 so I figure 70" will work (I mean a good 13-14 feet from the TV should be enough). I will be at fry's right after midnight to see if I can snag one -what the heck it's worth a shot. Quattron seems more like a gimmick to me so I will be taking a chance on these rgb panels. Wish me luck.

Good luck! This is a great set, and 70" will be perfect for your setup, I'm only sitting 11 feet back which is technically on the edge of the THX viewing recommendation
post #23 of 1482
Next adjustment was turning off the Motion Enhancement, and...BOOM...no more motion blur. I mean, it's a HUGE difference! During the first half of the Packers-Lions game, on passes, the football was definitely all blurred and you could see "multiple" footballs. After turning it off, it looks great...no motion blur, and basically, how my plasma looks.

I've also monkeyed around with the different AV Modes, and Movie is the best-looking. I still have not changed any of the other settings, but I have to tell you...it looks pretty damn good right now. I've very impressed!
post #24 of 1482
Also turn off "OPC", which is some power-saving thing, that automatically adjusts the brightness. It is "On", OOTB, but the picture looks better with it "Off."
post #25 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltaz View Post

Next adjustment was turning off the Motion Enhancement, and...BOOM...no more motion blur. I mean, it's a HUGE difference! During the first half of the Packers-Lions game, on passes, the football was definitely all blurred and you could see "multiple" footballs. After turning it off, it looks great...no motion blur, and basically, how my plasma looks.

I've also monkeyed around with the different AV Modes, and Movie is the best-looking. I still have not changed any of the other settings, but I have to tell you...it looks pretty damn good right now. I've very impressed!

Thank you. No motion issues - I'll be ordering this set today.
post #26 of 1482
Does anyone have a good, solid set of calibration settings for the 70" 632? I've been looking in the 732 thread, but can't really find a good, consolidated set of settings. These could be either professionally-calibrated, or "done-yourself".

Thanks much!
post #27 of 1482
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltaz View Post

Does anyone have a good, solid set of calibration settings for the 70" 632? I've been looking in the 732 thread, but can't really find a good, consolidated set of settings. These could be either professionally-calibrated, or "done-yourself".

Thanks much!

Would love to get some cal settings as well. I tried the settings from the 80" 632 thread but they seemed to sort of mess up blues and greens
post #28 of 1482
Just bought the LC-70LE632U and looking for expert advice on settings. To reduce SOE I turned all the processing off (though I'm not sure about Film Mode ...?). Will be primarily watching movies (BluRay set to 24FPS, also used for regular DVDs and Netflix streaming), and playing XBOX 360.

Also, what is the difference between Home and Store mode? Home mode is Energy Star compliant, but that has me wondering if Store mode would give better picture?
post #29 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzkrakz View Post

Just bought the LC-70LE632U and looking for expert advice on settings. To reduce SOE I turned all the processing off (though I'm not sure about Film Mode ...?). Will be primarily watching movies (BluRay set to 24FPS, also used for regular DVDs and Netflix streaming), and playing XBOX 360.

Also, what is the difference between Home and Store mode? Home mode is Energy Star compliant, but that has me wondering if Store mode would give better picture?

Turn Film Mode to OFF to eliminate SOE.

Store mode is a torch mode for displaying in stores...definitely change it to Home.
post #30 of 1482
Got mine on Wed and loving it so far. Everyone over at my house on Thanksgiving just raved about it. It is hard not to be impressed with the size.

I really need some calibration as blu-ray stuff looks just unbelievable (good as my old plasma), but regular HD programming looks a bit washed out to me.

If you guys have some specific questions let me know. There is no better bang for the buck, when it comes to size.

BTW, what is the best way to test game mode lag?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE632U Owner's Thread